Craig Thompson
Anders Nilsen
Vanessa Davis
Andrice Arp
Jason
Seth
Daniel Clowes
Adrian Tomine

and many others that I can't think of right now...
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:19 pm

I'm a bit out of the loop but:

Daniel Clowes, Charles Burns, Peter Bagge, Will Eisner's Spirit, Wally Wood, Basil Wolverton, Frank Miller, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, EC/MAD...Classics!!

Adrian Tomine: Kind of Wussy...(sorry)

...more later...
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:30 pm

Will Eisner's Spirit

dope
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 3:15 am

Ivan Brunetti's SCHIZO
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 3:10 pm

Johnny Ryan's ANGRY YOUTH COMIX
Rick Altergott's RAISEN PIE and DOOFUS
Dig up back issues of TRAILER TRASH too!
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 3:31 pm

Garfield is very funny.
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 4:39 pm

Johnny Ryan's ANGRY YOUTH COMIX
Rick Altergott's RAISEN PIE and DOOFUS
Dig up back issues of TRAILER TRASH too!

What he said...

Though I think Johnny Ryan is only good because everyone else is wussing out these days. I don't think he'll be remembered like the other guys. And I still need to check out the Altergott stuff.
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Start with Doofus for the Altergott stuff, the Raisen Pie's are a split comic with his wife...and her half sucks.

Where to start with the Wally Wood? Besides the EC stuff.
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 6:14 pm

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 7:59 pm

I just really love Wally's artwork, I'm not really that familiar with published stuff though. I'm getting back into making and reading comics again, I need something to distract me from this damn music obsession!
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 8:01 pm

i need to find my old issues of HEAVY METAL. the new HM really sucks.
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 3:49 am

What about that crazy French chick that did "let's all eat dog with Chinese sticks?"
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 5:35 am

any more info on TRAILER TRASH? who did it? never heard of that one and I had trouble searching for more info...
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 6:16 am

There's some good info about the funny books here:

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&to pic=11288&page=0#12

Trailer Trash = Roy Tompkins. His site with art for sale. Interview here.

I say again, Idiotland will make you pick your teeth with tombstone chips. Can you find you in this page?
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 6:30 am

comics, no. Skateboarding...yes. I ride my deck to the bar then have sexy time with all the ladies..!!! with Playboy fanny pack fulla dart supplies.
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 6:41 am

I think A.Y.C. comix have been pretty whack after #6. Johnny R. is now drawing comix for MAD so maybe he hasn't been giving his all for his own series. But I think Johnny R. is unmatched for patently offensive comix before he moved on to bigger and better things.
Posted: Apr 22, 2006 12:18 am

i haven't bought any single issues in 20+ years but i do buy a lot of the dc archives & marvel masterworks (HC reprints of 1950s-60s stuff). because i'm a nerd.

of recent stuff, "the goon" (dark horse) is an entertaining read. so is "the losers" and "y: the last man" (both vertigo), and "sleeper" and "ex machina" (both dc/wildstorm).
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®