Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Tom's totally gonna eat Katie's junk!!!!
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 9:56 pm

NEWS
Tom to eat Katie's placenta
Staff Reporter
Tue, 18 Apr 2006
Tom Cruise is intending to eat Katie Holmes' placenta after his fiancée has given birth to their baby.

"I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there," Cruise said in an interview with GQ.

The statement is the latest in a long line of outrageous comments that critics have called an ongoing publicity stunt.

Just last week the 43-year-old acting superstar revealed that his father was an abusive bully.

Following his latest statement, the GQ interviewer pointed out that it would be quite a task to eat a placenta as it is rather large.

"OK, maybe I won't," the star of the forthcoming 'Mission: Impossible III' retorted.

The baby, rumoured to be a girl, is due very shortly and the couple plan to marry in the North American summer.

Some believe that eating the placenta helps avoid postnatal depression, although that's a condition that would apply to the mother — and not the father.

Placentophagia, eating the placenta, is practised in many cultures, although it is less common in western society. In 1998 a British TV chef fried a placenta and served it to his guests.

Rod Stewart and his wife Penny Lancaster took their baby's placenta home and buried it in their garden.

Last week Cruise backtracked on previous comments that Holmes would not be allowed to scream during childbirth.

"It's basically just respecting the mother and helping to be quiet. Not the mother," the actor told chat show host Diane Sawyer.

"The mother makes as much noise... and people... you know, she's going through it. She does what she's gotta do. OK?"

He also explained that Holmes would receive medication if necessary.

"Whatever the woman wants. I'm not gonna tell Kate... you know, if she needs an epidural, she's gonna get her epidural," Cruise said.

"And there's this whole thing that if she needs medicine, she needs medicine."
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 9:57 pm

just kidding.
but it's still funny.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®