Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / White Stripes sued by Jim Diamond
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 3:50 pm

April 18, 2006

White Stripes sued by co-producer

DETROIT (AP) A producer who worked on the first two White Stripes albums claims he deserves a share of the royalties, saying he played a pivotal role in creating the band's signature sound.

Jim Diamond, who is listed as co-producer on the band's self-titled first album, released in 1999, has sued the White Stripes in U.S. District Court. He is listed as sound mixer on De Stijl, released in 2000.

"It's not just about fun and games," Diamond said. "I understand this is a business."

A June 12 trial date was set.

"It is a meritless case which will be defended with vigor," said Bert Deixler, the Los-Angeles based attorney representing the White Stripes, the rock duo of singer-guitarist Jack White and drummer Meg White.

The White Stripes deny that Diamond helped create the band's style. The band said in court documents that they paid him $35 an hour for time at his Ghetto Recorders studio, which he started in 1996.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 4:34 pm

Oh boy, they got some jerks in detroit...
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 5:32 pm

hey, you beat B.Seger!
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 5:36 pm

The White Stripes deny that Diamond helped create the band's style. The band said in court documents that they paid him $35 an hour for time at his Ghetto Recorders studio, which he started in 1996.

Yep!

Fucking DOUCHE Jack -- he's the next Tom Cruise -- a fucking way-out there FREAK!! 'DENY' someone that helped him out!! #%*$&#)#!!!! DICK!
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 5:47 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

He needs every penny of his millions to have his nose reconstructed [10 times], have his skin lightened and to buy monkeys for his fantasy world Candyland!

DICK!!
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 5:53 pm

Well, if Jim agreed to $35 an hour....
If you give a lottery ticket to a friend and he wins the jackpot, he isn't obligated to share it with you. Although, it would be the decent thing to do ofcourse.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 6:02 pm

i agree with jasper. diamond was paid for his services rendered and didn't have a contract for residuals, right? they don't and probably won't give him shit more.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 6:32 pm

Dudes! Pitchfork is hosting the Coke commercial that Jack got paid $2 mil to write the song for. It's retarded!

www.pitchforkmedia.com

or look on you tube.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 6:54 pm

pfff...
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 7:33 pm

This seems like another wacky lawsuit.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 7:55 pm

looked up the docs on the court website . . . affidavits by mick collins and tom potter . . . hilarious
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 8:04 pm

"And on the night of Dec. 6th, 1996, I overheard Mr. Diamond tell Mr. White that the idea of sounding like Houses of The Holy-era Led Zeppelin was a "good idea". Furthermore, he suggested the band wear matching outfits, and that Mr. White should try to recruit his ex-wife as a drummer. He further went on to state that...."
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 8:10 pm

Yeah Jacko White should share his money with all the people talking shit about him. That's what Jim D. would do. I'm sure.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 8:24 pm

and that Mr. White should try to recruit his ex-wife as a drummer

He was married to his sister!!!
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 9:07 pm

He needs every penny of his millions to have his nose reconstructed [10 times], have his skin lightened and to buy monkeys for his fantasy world Candyland!

Duuuuude, any lighter and he'd glow.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:25 pm

omg that sux lol
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 11:09 pm | Edited by: Bob Seger

hey, you beat B.Seger!

your a weasley little fag, seriously, you have never gotten any pussy have you.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:36 am

publicity stunt??
if JD gonna play his cards that way
what he gonna do when the
Dirtbombs strike gold??

ever seen "Treasure of Sierra Madre"?
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:12 am

hey, you beat B.Seger!
Wait a minute. Wouldn't Bob Seger cut and paste the lyrics to some obscure song like 'Hot Blooded' by Foriegner to make his point?
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:50 am

If Jim D. really had a hand in creating the "sound" of this band, t'aint nothing to be proud of!
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 8:41 am

Jim Diamond is all right by me. In fact, he signed this poster for me...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/gmullett/100_2716.jpg
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:15 pm

Jim should have to pay back every shit-job production he's done that's negatively impacted his "client's" sale. Then he has a case for the one in a million mainstream hit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®