Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Did you hear about bazooka joe
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 7:46 am

I heard he has homosexual tendencies (towards men.) And that he likes to share these feelings (with men.)
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 8:59 am

Jazzy-

Thank you!

Bazooka-

Fax me...we need to talk.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:57 am

Posted: Apr 8, 2006 12:40 pm

bj was molested as a young boy by a male teenage neighbor so it wouldn't surprise me.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 3:19 pm

And Rev. Dan leaves the board when people suggest he makes a different cover for his Oblivians tribute see dee...

Why are you people always picking on me??? Stop it!!!

I got drunk at home last night with 16 and her dad and uncle who are visiting from Transylvania. They brought me home a fat bottle of JD and I drank almost the whole thing. After I spun a bunch of crazy 60's biker soundtracks on the Sidewalk label, 16 started playing the "I Was A Teenage Zombie" dvd so they could see our friend Billy writhing on the ground like a fucking retard in heat. I had double vision from the booze so it was double cool as hell. Like I got hungry so I split around the corner to the taco stand for a carnitas tostada and couldn't walk straight at all and almost fell off the sidewalk. Damn. Anyway, I stone cold passed out at about 11PM. I got a good 10 hours of sleep and only a mild hangover. Me and the family are about to go to this Mexican cafe for some desayunos and then go over to the Norton Records headquarters this afternoon. I might trade this crazy rare monster novelty rockabilly 45 that I have and they don't. So we'll see if I can bring home anything good. Then tonight I have to go see Bollywood legend Asha Bhosle being backed by the Kronos Quartet perform at Carnegie Hall and I have to go cause she's on the record label I work for.

My point is, I can easily see why I'm worth making fun of. My life is obviously horrible. If you guys don't stop anytime soon I might have to do something drastic.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 3:25 pm

If I ever make it to New York, dude...
I'm gonna go buy some stripped pants and hang out in your apartment.

Whether you like it, or not.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 3:30 pm

I'm looking for Aladin's lamp. When I find it, I'm gonna rub it. I'll wish for your expeditious arrival.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 3:34 pm

That should be striped pants, by the way.

Otherwise, that be pretty gross, and would not go with my Slayer shirt and top hat ensemble.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 4:49 pm

You know what I'm (ironically) proud of? I've never had money! My folks were poor, I fucked up my credit when I was in college 10 years ago and I've never made more than 26k and that's only been the last two years in a city where it takes making at least 30k to live comfortably! It's pretty ok not having any real advantages in life and still come out swingin'...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 8:49 pm

Then tonight I have to go see Bollywood legend Asha Bhosle being backed by the Kronos Quartet

I don't wanna come over like the hated world-music-aficinados but I heard this record is great.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:03 pm

You know what they say about people who like "all types of music"...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:07 pm

HEE=HAWW!
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:17 pm

I only like garagepunk, some early hc, some jazz, some african... oh well...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:19 pm

vdw--i am kidd-ING.

(check out another recent post...you'll see what I am talkin' about)
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:25 pm

Ok, I get it, not only am I slow, I'm totally retarded...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:46 pm

I'm not gone. I'm still hangin' in the shadows, joe... Who the hell did you piss off to have all these hatin' topics, yo?

I was havin' a bad day that day when people were sayin' that about the cd...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:57 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Yeah, just like I was having a bad day when you called me a homosexual techno DJ. Quit pretending like you weren't trying to make fun of me and just accept the fact that I won the cappin' battle by a million fucking miles.

The new Asha album is nothing you'd EVER want to hear. To paraphrase the womb raider, if it were any more sappy it would be a fucking pine tree! I hope the show is more varied than just her contemporary stuff. I can't imagine she can get all Bollywood retarded with a quartet backing her up, but then again I hear musicians can do neat things sometines.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:05 pm

No cappin' battle was ever meant to take place. If you wanna inflate yer ego and think that yer shit talk was "cappin'" that won a "battle", then go a head. I'll even make you a trophy for you to sit on yer desk at work...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:13 pm

You ARE my trophy, Dan! I'm gonna sit your half pint ass on my desk and rub your little head when I'm feeling blue. Quit being a baby.
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:18 pm

HA! I'll only sit on yer desk if you feed me fresh homemade fish tacos...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:19 pm

There's a good boy! Now go and get Uncle Joe a beer...
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:22 pm

Golly..!
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:24 pm

Man, don't EVER refer to yerself as Uncle Joe again. It reminds me of this time when I was locked in a basement with some homeless guy and then....Nevermind. I've said too much as it is....

HAHA!
Posted: Apr 9, 2006 4:42 pm

Asha Bhosle and the Kronos Quartet last night... The Kronos Quartet opened the show with some really mind-melting avant -guarde chamber music, or something, I'm not exactly sure what it was, but I've never heard anything quite like it before. Those mofos are about the heaviest musicians in the world, I can tell you that much. They reinforced the idea that hipster avant-guarde types are fucking LAME and POSEURS. After a few songs they brought out tabla player Zakir Hussain. The crowd went wild when he came out. He stone cold tore it up. Then they brought out this Chinese girl named Wu Man. She plucked this upright string instrument with them. Great.

Intermission...

They all came back out and one of the Kronos dudes introduces Asha. Standing ovation. She tells stories in English and ad-libs in Hindi. She is both charming and funny. And beautiful! She sang a couple songs including at least two from the Doob Doob O'Rama compilations. They were minimal arrangements of the psychotic dusted jams we've rocked at parties and their new elegance was appreciated. She split for a couple more numbers by the instrumentalists. She came back out and breaks into "Hare Krishna Hare Ram." The crowd goes bat-shit crazy. She did a love song and then closed with another track that appeared on Doob Doob O'Rama. I wish I could tell you the title but it's unimportant. The show is over and every person in the audience has had their heart warmed and their brain fried- yet infinitely wiser...
Posted: Apr 9, 2006 5:09 pm

Zakir Hussain
I don't like everything that John McLaughlin has put out, but Shakti w/John McLaughlin was one of the coolest albums I ever heard in my early twenties. Zakir Hussain is a badass.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 11:54 am

She is both charming and funny. And beautiful!

Isn't she like 80 years old or something ?

I only have one track (first rack on the "very best of bollywood songs" album) and it's one of the most hypnotizing songs I've ever heard. Even if it is definitely sappy!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 3:37 pm

She's 73. Yeah, almost ALL the old stuff is awesome. That was easily the best concert I've ever been to.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®