Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Tom Cruise gives MP3 player to Holmes
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 11:54 pm

BEIJING, March 31 -- Tom Cruise has reportedly given pregnant fiancee Katie Holmes an MP3 player loaded with mellow music to help her stay silent during childbirth.

The actress has allegedly agreed to deliver her baby in total quiet in accordance with a bizarre Scientology tradition.

To help her, the Hollywood actor, who is a devout follower of the sci-fi cult, has splashed out on a hi-tech iPod and handpicked over 300 tracks to help Katie keep mum.

A source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "Tom wants her to listen to music through her earphones so there's no noise in the delivery room."

Yesterday (03.28.06) it was revealed Katie will give birth surrounded by huge white signs reminding her to stay silent.

The couple have had posters spelling out the former "Dawsons Creek" star's labor rules delivered to their home.

Friends - thought to be Scientology elders - were photographed carrying the placards through the gates of the couple's plush Los Angeles mansion.

One of the 6ft signs reads: "Be silent and make all physical movements slow and understandable."

Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard tells followers in his book "Dianetics" the strange ritual should be carried out to prevent children from being psychologically damaged.

(Source: China Daily/Agencies)
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 1:16 am

sadistic macho...mumble mumble mumble
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 1:40 am

woah fuck that

is there really a woman on earth who would agree to this?
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 1:42 am

She's obviously brainwashed out of her mind, or just plain stupid.
Giving birth is not a beautiful, peaceful experience that can be soothed by music.
Both of them are unbelievable putzes.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 10:22 am

all my little monsters where home delivered in the rebel Scitol tradition.
I played scales on my alto saz when the little heads crowned

they were trained to be theta hunter/killers out in the 4th dimensional ether.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 2:04 pm

nice
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 4:26 pm

Yesterday (03.28.06) it was revealed Katie will give birth surrounded by huge white signs reminding her to stay silent.

That is beyond fucked up.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 4:53 pm

I saw one of those signs on Defamer. I will try to find the link. Scary as fuck that they are trying to shut her up when have you seen how HUGE she is? She is going to be in massive pain giving birth.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 4:59 pm

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:07 pm

Really, is this some kind of joke? Some kind of spoof for the paparazzi?
Has anyone ever heard of this before all this Tomkat stuff?
I find it hard to believe.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:19 pm

The cult’s creator, sci-fi writer L. Ron Hubbard, once said: “Maintain silence in the presence of birth to save both the sanity of the mother and child.”

Um. . . I think staying silent would make you go insane. There's a quote there, too, saying that staying silent will prevent years of therapy for the child. Where do they come up with this!?!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:28 pm

The girl is already insane. Brainwashed. Somethin'. It was obvious she was a brainless twit to begin with. Here is more:

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/tom-cruise/the-afternoon-cruise-delig hting-the-germans-waiting-for-the-miracle-baby-164816.php
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:31 pm

If all else fails, I suppose they can just tape her mouth shut.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:32 pm

Um. . . I think staying silent would make you go insane.

No kidding. And, noise serves a very real purpose in giving birth. I think if you did all that pushing with your mouth closed you'd blow up your brain or something.
Why don't they just knock her out if they want her to keep her mouth shut? My mother talks about the "twilight sleep" they put her in when I was born. I mean, they knocked women out for years and years...
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:33 pm

oh yeah...they don't use drugs, do they?
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:45 pm

nope, no drugs. keep your mouth shut and you're not allowed to have any drugs. that's cruel and unusual punishment, if you ask me.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:48 pm

I wonder what the repercussions are if she does happen to make a peep? Slap her mouth shut?
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 6:07 pm

Haven't any of those Scientologists ever had kids? What about those "slow and purposeful movements"?
That's just flat assed crazy.

If she yells they get to blame her for every little fuck up the kid ever does.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 6:50 pm

So I'm assuming what Cruise did all over Oprah's couch was very slow and purposeful...?
I've shot out two kids with no drugs. All I did was scream.
A lot.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 6:58 pm

L. Ron Hubbard to my knowledge was a man who was unmarried with no kids. Hmmmm.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 7:22 pm

It hurts like holy hell.
Let's push a watermelon up all those scientologist guys asses and tell them they can't scream!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 7:28 pm

I wish Tom Cruise would get into another fight with Matt Lauer.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 7:46 pm

Tom Cruise would love a watermelon up his ass.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 8:10 pm

okay i will start by saying - scientology sucks and it crap

although - I don't think that they are too far off the mark on some of this quiet child birth. I am not saying the woman can't make noise, that is silly. But what I am saying is babies are often brought into the world in a flurry of loudness and excitement with yelling and screaming. I for one would like things to be rather calm. If the people around the mother are calm, I imagine it would make the experience more comfortable for everyone. Not to mention less confusing for everyone. I do think it is individual, but if the doctor and mother can not concentrate, the situation can become stressful quickly, things can go wrong, etc.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 8:22 pm

I wish Tom Cruise would get into another fight with Matt Lauer

That was great. Tom Cruise is a fucking nut job.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 8:39 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I agree with the calm surroundings, but man, if you gotta yell, you gotta yell. I think a medical "looking" place for giving birth would lead to tension and likely more yelling...so I am all for the chill environment, but I don't agree with not allowing people who are in pain to yell, cry, express frustration, curse...that relieves pain. But then again, so does good breathing. Doctors can handle it, if all that is going on is a patient yelling, unless they are nervous-nellies and that is their fault!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 8:46 pm

what happens if she does scream? do they kill her? the baby? who knows with these cult freaks
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:03 pm

I think it is what Alisa said above, they blame her for whatever neuroses the kid ends up with. Uh, I mean THETANS the kid ends up with.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:12 pm

I'm all for calm surroundings, and breathing, and the people around you staying calm. But childbirth really, really, really hurts. It's absolutely insane to insist on the mother staying "quiet" while they are going through the rigors of labor and birth.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:19 pm

My mom punched a nurse in the face when she had me, and then 14 years later I was in the delivery room with her when she had my little brother. If she'd have kept quiet, I think her eyeballs would have popped out!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:24 pm

I like how they keep referring to the offspring as "The Miracle Baby"- like it's jesus or something. That's gonna be one very fucked up kid. Maybe it will grow up to be the lead role in "Teenwolf 3000".
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:32 pm

AntiChrist. I'm thinkin
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:32 pm

i'm sure they have some retarded celebrity baby name already picked out

that kid is gonna need years of therapy for sure, even if tom's bitch doesn't scream
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:39 pm

That baby has got to be born by now and they aren't telling anyone. They are so unbelievably weird. It isn't like they are just regular old parents who happen to be celebrities and they are trying to be on the DL (say like Julia Roberts and otehr celebrities who think they are really "cool"), oh no.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:41 pm

"The Miracle Baby"- like it's jesus or something.

It's totally not me. I don't know what Dad was thinking when he made that Top Gun 'Tard.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:57 pm

I know it's not you, Baby Jesus. Sorry.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 10:05 pm

Sometimes I wish I had Superpowers, and I could shoot heat rays out of my eyes, and burn Maverick to the ground. But I wear glasses, and this is my only pair.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 1:19 am

"L. Ron Hubbard to my knowledge was a man who was unmarried with no kids. Hmmmm."

Actually, I believe he was married 2 times. He had at least one son, who tried to commit suicide (allegedly for being homosexual) and later died under mysterious circumstances.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 1:23 am

She's getting paid to have the baby and stay with him for the next five years at least. She should shut up and do what they ask her to since she asked for the job.

A friend got the skinny from Cruise's old nanny - who worked for him when he and Nicole Kidman were still together.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 1:30 am

That is what I get for trying to spread L. Ron Hubbard rumors! The truth is far more interesting.

Oh invictus, that rumor is all over the internet!!! I hope it is true though and that the contract was signed in blood.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 2:20 am

She's getting paid to have the baby and stay with him for the next five years at least.
What does this mean? Is she a surrogate, or something?

Shades of the gloved one...
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 2:25 am

There have been many shades to the gloved one....
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 2:26 am | Edited by: Alisa

I swear, I'm one of those freaks who think he never did nothing.
(Edited to say "except fuck up his face.")

ABC...it's easy as...
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 3:37 am

I just watched the end of Top Gun. Man, those planes can act!
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 3:42 am

I hope Katie doesn't drown the kid in the bathtub a few weeks later. We all know Tom's position on postpartum depression: vitamins and exercise do a body good.

"Matt, Matt! Listen to me. Matt! I've read the reports. Matt! you don't know what you're talking about. Matt! Do you know the history of psychiatry? Huh, do you??? Do you know, Matt!!!!????"
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 3:45 am

Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
Maverick: Bullshit! You can be mine.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 5:17 pm

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 5:20 pm

This is the big one!
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 5:59 pm

I think Tom Cruise might be gay.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 6:15 pm

Land Of the Lost scooped me! I think that the homosexual son was like banished or something cause homosexuality isn't accepted? I have to look that up, because it seems like a mainly hollywood religion shouldn't be intolerant of the gays.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 6:19 pm

Can we all just start referring to the baby as L. Ron Cruise?
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 6:20 pm

adult-sized 'binky'
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 6:40 pm

Land Of the Lost scooped me! I think that the homosexual son was like banished or something cause homosexuality isn't accepted? I have to look that up, because it seems like a mainly hollywood religion shouldn't be intolerant of the gays.

That's basically why Tom Cruise and John Travolta are Scientologists, to cure them of their homosexual tendencies. They get to go out and have their moments of relapse (one joint is this gross 24 hour gym off of Sunset) and then the Scientologists have even more to hang over the heads. It's this never ending cycle for those dudes. They'll never get out.
Posted: Apr 5, 2006 6:51 pm

You know, from what I have read about Scientology, you are probably so right on.
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 5:09 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

WHAT. A. FREAK!

18 April 2006
EXCLUSIVE: TOM CHEWS
Mission Impossible star Cruise vows to eat placenta after birth
By Patrick Mulchrone
TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission..to eat his new baby's placenta.

Cruise vowed he would tuck in straight after girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth, saying he thought it would be "very nutritious".

The Mission Impossible star, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." It is the latest in a series of increasingly strange outbursts from Cruise in the run-up to the birth.

He has claimed the baby, due any day, will be delivered in total silence.

The Top Gun star also insisted he "sensed" fiance Katie was pregnant before she told him.

And he has blurted out details of the couple's sex life, saying: "It's spectacular."

The actor, who recently also claimed he has the power to cure drug addicts, has even been carrying out his own medical scans on the foetus after buying himself an ultrasound machine.

Silent birth is one of the rules of the cult of Scientology, which Cruise is devoted to.

The cult - founded by the late sci-fi writer L Ron Hubbard - claims that 75 million years ago aliens came to earth and their spirits now infest our bodies.

Cruise told GQ magazine Hubbard had discovered making a noise had a "negative spiritual effect" on someone giving birth. He insisted that 27-year-old Katie would be allowed to scream, adding cryptically: "It is really about respecting the woman. It's not about her screaming.

"And scientifically it is proven. Now there are medical research papers that say when a woman's giving birth everyone should be quiet."

Cruise also revealed he and Katie have been preparing for the birth by holding classes at their Beverly Hills home.

He said: "We've been studying what a woman goes through. What happens to her body. It's just kind of becoming this fun game of learning."

Cruise said his sex life with Batman Begins star Katie had made him realise one-night stands were "horrible".

He added: "Great sex is a by-product for me of a great relationship, where you have communication. It's an extension of that. If you're not in good communication with your partner, it sucks."

Cruise, who has two adopted children with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, will not be the first star to make a meal out of his baby's placenta.

Rod Stewart and girlfriend Penny Lancaster took home their baby's placenta, sprinkled it with tee tree oil and buried it in the garden.

In 1998, Channel 4 chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall fried a placenta with shallots and garlic and served it up to 20 guests, including the baby's mum and dad.

TV watchdogs later criticised the show, branding it "disagreeable".

But placenta-eating is considered normal in some cultures. Various recipes include one for placenta lasagne. Some say eating it helps avoid post-natal depression.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®