Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / the One Way Streets
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:20 pm

Does anyone know anything about the band?

All I know is they went into a recording studio recorded two killer songs, stole a microphone and were never seen again.
Is this all the information available?
Were these their only two recordings?
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:27 pm

That's it. Don't look for more info. It will ruin the mystery.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:28 pm

There's more but it isn't good?
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:34 pm

No, that's all and be happy with it.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:38 pm

"jack the ripper" is one of the greatest recordings ever made. "we all love peanut butter" is one of my daughter's favorite songs. if the alarm clocks had never existed the one way streets may well have been the greatest band in the history of rock and roll.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:41 pm

I love the irony of Tim Warren's anti-psychedelic stance vs. the One Way Streets announcing the "psychedelic sound" just before the guitar break on "Jack The Ripper."
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 10:16 pm

Peanut Butter, is intensely psychedelic. Those lyrics are so non-sensical and trippy.

I wanna know what happened to these guys after they left that recording studio. Like Ralph Nielsen and the Chancellors it's hard to believe that some kids recorded these classics then just vanished, never to record again. I suppose part of the charm of these bands is the mystery, and that we never get to here them doing anything that isn't great.

When I did a search on this board, I found a post mentioning a version of 'Louie Louie' by the band. Is this true?
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 6:51 am

Colleen of Colleen's Collectibles in Come-Blow-Us, Oh-Hell-Yeah had 5 of those singles back in 1998. It was a good year for me, so come Christmas time, I tried to buy all 5. She wouldn't come off of all 5, but she did sell me 4 of them. I kept one & the other 3 went to Cheater Slicks that year for the holiday.

Your legend is pretty close. The place they recorded was studio & pressing plant. (Either the band or the studio was in Hamilton, OH) The band claimed they never took the mic, but the studio didn't believe them, so the plant destroyed the pressing except for the handful that made it out. It is believed that somewhere around 30 copies survived. It is repressed on the Crypt Records' 1st Back From The Grave comp. Cowtown rumor goes something like one of the guys from The Ass Ponys or Wolverton Bros. had 4 or 5 copies of it as well.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 6:54 am

jack the ripper" is one of the greatest recordings ever made. "we all love peanut butter" is one of my daughter's favorite songs. if the alarm clocks had never existed the one way streets may well have been the greatest band in the history of rock and roll.

You put the Alarm Clocks over The One Way Streets? You really are a gay ass old fuck. Get fucked.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 6:55 am

Cool, thanks for the post.
How lucky to be able to have owned 4 copies!
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 7:49 am

4 bftg?

Four Baffold Freq. Turnaround Generator?

That would never work an an analog format.

Get with it.

Steve
Electrical
564-454-6766 ext.214
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 8:26 pm

I kept one & the other 3 went to Cheater Slicks that year for the holiday.
OK so now I KNOW who this is! Hi buddy.
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 4:31 am

Hi there, Darlin'!

How's you & your hyper-cool family?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®