Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Sonics song in Land Rover Ad?
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 3:02 am

Have Love Will Travel. Anyone seen this? Fuck.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 3:19 am

that shit is olllld.

I am trying to figure out who does that version of "Down Home" that was just on this Honda commercial during the LSU-UCLA game. (sidenote: let us never speak of this game again) Sounds like it could be the Detroit Cobras, but I don't know if they ever did that song.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 3:32 am

"Down Home Girl," that is.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 4:07 am

Yes, indeed that "Have Love Will Travel" spot is at least a year old if not older.

And Womb Raider i think it MIGHT BE the Cobras on the Honda commercial. I haven't seen the commercial but I heard that they got a song in a commercial - so if it soundds like them, it really just might be
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 4:07 am

oh and I'm a UCLA alumni. I can speak of that game....
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 6:56 am

Coincidentally today I was looking at the Sonics cd's at my local record store. There was actually a cd in the Sonics section that was a cd single with a picture of the land rover on the cover, and the title was "Have Love Will Travel by the Sonics, as featured in the new Land Rover commercial". I shit you not, check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006H9F44/sr=8-2/qid=1143960692/ref= sr_1_2/104-0350778-9215943?%5Fencoding=UTF8
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 9:28 am

how bout the commercial with the version of "i'm not like everybody else." i saw that like 17 times tonight. stupid.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 3:11 pm

Last night I saw the phone commercial where they use the 5678's song, again.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 3:57 pm

That 5,6,7,8's song is all over everything. I think it's on an insurance ad too. I saw the Have Love Will Travel commercial for the first time this weekend. I wanted to scream. That cd cover is horrendous. Truely nothing is sacred.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 8:43 pm

Yeah, I saw that a long time ago.
I love Hummers now, I'm gonna go get one as soon as I can get the financing arranged.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 8:58 pm

I love Hummers now, I'm gonna go get one as soon as I can get the financing arranged.

what does it cost to fill the gas tank? $200?
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:05 pm

"That 5,6,7,8's song"

is a cover. It sounds REMARKABLY similar to the original, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually both versions being used for several different things. It does seem to be everywhere at all times, though.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 10:12 pm

I know it's a cover, but I think they are using the 5678's version. At least in the commercial I saw.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 10:42 pm

A few years back there was a Fred Meyer commercial for Mother's Day that featured some no-name band doing a cover of "All Kindsa Girls". Pretty funny.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 11:50 pm

No fucking way!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 12:12 am

Man, the Sonics totally sold out!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 9:25 pm

I hope the Sonics got a bunch of cash for that.

That I'm not Like Everybody cover blows ass. Why would these marketing types think it's better to use some shit sounding alt-rock crap instead of the KINKS? Did they not see how well received Picture Book was for HP? Award winning campaign!
Love to know who did that Real Kids/Fred Meyer spot...what markets did it air in?
Posted: Apr 6, 2006 8:00 pm

Man, the Sonics totally sold out!

Are ya'll talkin bout that ad with the snowboarding n shit? I was almost positive that the Have Love Will Travel in that commercial was the Black Keys cover of it. But I'm sure the Sonics still woulda made some bank for it's use...
Posted: Apr 6, 2006 8:14 pm

I've heard that the Etiquette dude gets ALL the money for Sonics songs. Some garagepunk.com geeks had talked to band members about it.
Posted: Sep 4, 2006 8:00 am

How about a Kraft Dinner commercial that is using the guitar hook from "Psychotic Reaction".
Posted: Sep 4, 2006 7:11 pm

It's The Black Keys in that commercial, folks.
Posted: Sep 4, 2006 8:01 pm

Nothing's sacred anymore anyway. Wasn't "Have Love, Will Travel" incorporated into the Blues Brothers already anyway?
Posted: Sep 4, 2006 8:06 pm

the original isn't even by the sonics.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®