Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / These are exciting times!
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 8:14 am

i've been buying punkrock records for over 15 years now and i think the scene has never been so interesting & fertile as of today - tons of great, great bands - agree?
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 9:00 am

Blame it on to kbd and powerpop.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 9:09 am

you forgot just plain old punk rock, glam, bubblegum and MYSPACE.

learn everything about anything from old punk records.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 2:06 pm

Marla, what do you know, I thought you were into Cock Rock. I'm surprised they let you post from jail.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 2:11 pm

could this be the new "Shut Up, Little Man" series only it would be "Shut Up, Crazy Dyke"

I'm Excited!!!!
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 2:19 pm

Secretly I want to fuck Marla if she wasn't such a whore, but actually it is impossible that message board Marla is real Marla, but I may occassionally take my resentment out on message board Marla anyway. I might want to fuck message board Marla even more, but it has been one of those kind of weeks.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 2:52 pm

i've been buying punkrock records for over 15 years now and i think the scene has never been so interesting & fertile as of today - tons of great, great bands - agree?

neocons deliver the hate to the youth
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 3:14 pm

There is some great modern right now stuff but I find myself listening to less and less of it.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 3:49 pm

My kids are starving, while I'm playing some new 7" - need I say more?
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 4:10 pm

My kids are starving, while I'm playing some new 7" - need I say more?

Wow, teaching them that life can be hard AND exposing them to good music. I declare you Father of the Year!
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 4:13 pm

Yeah, I try really hard.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 4:14 pm

there's definately some quality shit around right now.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 4:18 pm

How about a new real losers single, Shaun?
(shut up trickknee)
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 4:26 pm

What'd I do?
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 4:27 pm

Weren't you the one who said "shut up fag" last time I asked about the real losers?
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 4:51 pm | Edited by: Shaun A

A new real loser single would lower the quality somewhat. The Now Boys are 'working' on a single, that's my new band. We tried really hard to sound like 20/20 but my singing is so bad, we sound like King Uzscienitcz or however you spell his name. Todd, what did you think of the Subliminal Kids? Is that worth us putting out as a 45? I don't know which of our stuff is good or awful anymore!
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 4:57 pm

Are you confoozing me with Diggler? Shaun, I'm a tard. I lost that first clip, and now I don't have home 'Net (I will again in a week) so I haven't listened to it yet! I did listen to the Hipshakes stuff Daniel sent, and everyone I played it for would agree - they have a hell of a lot of great singles in them already. I'm sure the Subliminal Kids kick ass - the Hand is in the band!
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 5:06 pm

The Hipshakes LP is great. I mixed it twice, once while sober, once while absolutely pissed out of my head. Now I have to make two CD's and listen to them while utterly wasted on wine and pick the best versions.
Posted: Apr 1, 2006 1:38 am

Know what? I'm pretty burnt out on punk right now, just keep listening to the same old stuff. I'm too broke to buy anything and too busy to research...
Batarang- make me a mix cd and I'll send you a killer surprise DVD. You won't be disappointed!!!

the.scandalizer@gmail.com
Posted: Apr 1, 2006 11:38 pm

I'd agree, things are exciting now. Know when that interview going to be up Tricknee?
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 12:12 am

Yep. Way more good bands compared to 5-6 years ago. Things were getting so bad there for a while, especially when those KBD comps REALLY started scraping the bottom of the barrel. Hell, at one point I started listening to Drum and Bass techno. Didn't last more than a week, cuz I couldn't score rolls very easily. It's a tidal wave all of those Gen Y'ers learning how to play their instruments properly just like Baby Boomers during the 60's.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 6:07 am

the alarm clocks are back together. what more could anybody want????
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 6:26 am

you're an idiot.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 6:29 am

at least i can tell that the alarm clocks are the greatest band in the history of rock and roll. wake up!!!
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 6:41 am

age doesn't matter unless you're young and stupid.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 4:29 pm

<you wish you could be young and stupid again>

been there. done that.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 4:54 pm

bring back the action man
i'm tired of this dirk diggler sunuvabitch
alarm clocks rule
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 5:43 pm

the action man forgot his password.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 5:48 pm

Daniel - I submitted the interview immediately, so just waiting on Filthy Snitch to put it up.

Lots of good records and good shows going around right now, I agree. France alone is ass-kick after ass-kick, almost to the level Japan was operating at in the 90s.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:07 pm

two faced todd should have his american citizenship revoked. that is if he's really american to begin with. i'm calling immigration.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:21 pm

The Alram Clocks kick ass, but they're no Jesters of Newport.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:32 pm

the alarm clocks are the greatest band in the history of rock and roll. and you will soon hear their new stuff and be totally blown away. ask "ed." by the way uptight i once had an original copy of "stormy" that johan kugelburg scored from one of the guys in the band in a mens room in boston. true story.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:35 pm

i once had an original copy of "stormy"

One of the least rare BFTG 45's. True story.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:07 pm

Hey, BJ and Ned, would you guys get together and do version of "Say Man"? We could press 500 7"'s, make a killing and retire.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:11 pm

I agree! But if I showed up, Ned would cancel. Just like he did with Jenna's show.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:11 pm

True story.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:12 pm

Maybe we could get Sherry to do the part of "Ned." No one would know the difference.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®