Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Smoking Question
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 3:10 am

i quit smoking last week and it seems like I have never been more sick...can't stop coughing and my lungs hurt... is this normal or should i seek medical help?
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 3:13 am

your body is probably purging the toxins. they hurt more going out than when you put them in.

not that i've ever smoked... but i take in my fair share of toxins and i think that's pretty applicable all around
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 3:54 am

yeah - but is there an ETA of when said toxins will be purged? I can't take this much longer.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:02 am

it's called withdrawl genius.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:07 am

you'll probably start to feel better in 2 weeks to a month. smoke some pot instead.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:52 am

That's what happened to me when I quit a couple of years ago. I think your lungs are getting stronger so it's pushing out all the bullshit that was just stuck way down at the bottom.

Buy yourself something nice with the money you've saved on cigarettes this week.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:33 am

i recommend champagne!
veuve cliquot 1994 vintage pink champagne
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 7:21 am

the truth is, i didn't think that I smoked that much...so I wasn't expecting this.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 2:24 pm

Also, be ready to gain 10+ pounds.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:39 pm

well...i tried to quit at one point. futile, but yeah...i hacked up my left lung a few times over when i did. it was quite lovely. i think the only thing that saved me from gaining the 10 pounds was the fact that i was running 4 miles a day, which didn't really help the hacking up a lung part whatsoever. hurt like a bitch.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:52 pm

I have the 10 lbs thing covered, I only smoke when I drink and since I can't seem to have a drink without a cigarette, I'm nixing both.

I'm actually quitting cause I've been working out and it seems really silly to do both, smoke and exercise, although I do know a few people who can do it.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:54 pm

I only smoke when I drink and since I can't seem to have a drink without a cigarette

that's what i do...hard to stop that. bluh.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:21 pm

it's not withdrawal, that'll come next week or so(like dirk said, give yourself 2 weeks. it takes that long for your body to get rid of the nicotine, after that it's all behavioral modification). it's most likely the cilia in your bronchials are starting to work again. smoking kills the little hairs in your lungs that push out all the tar and phlegm and now they are doing what they are supposed to do. you'll be hacking up quite a bit.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 7:52 pm

you should save it in a jar
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 8:25 pm

it's not withdrawal

so I'm not a genius?
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 10:55 pm

ciggarettes are delicious with dip.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 1:56 am

Smoking withdrawl only lasts 3 days. Then the physical addiction part is kicked. Having shit come out of your lungs and coughing is something that should happen much longer down the road. You might actually be "sick" sick if it's been more than 78 hours...cuz after that you should be feeling fine.

As far as smoking and exercising, I smoke and I jog, which is retarded and a huge contradiction, but I've never had a problem. My ex had an older brother who was an Arnold-size weight lifter and he smoked like two packs a day. Unless you plan on joining a track team, it's totally possible to be in shape and still smoke. It's totally stupid, but it's totally possible.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 2:08 am

Uh....HELLO???!!!
Smoking is sexxxy!!! And nobody knows more about being sexy than me of course! And it keeps the weight off. You don't wanna be a COW do you? Then fire it up missy! Quitters never win & winners never quit!

Buy my perfume!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:00 am

yeah thanks for the medical advice shitonashingle.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 6:01 am

Then fire it up missy
fess up you skinny theater whore,
tell us all about those nicotine
enemas you take.
when, where and how?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®