Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / BBQ Tour After Blackout
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 12:17 pm

...well, at least i hope. Is anyone touring or playing shows after the blackout? anyone wanna tour with me (BBQ) for a week or two or more? write me if you do, or know of anywhere to play. I will be without Khan, but goss me a bunch of new stuff and a new record coming out.
MARK
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 3:26 pm

you got a home in kalamazoo ya hockey puck!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 6:51 pm

Kalamazoo is so close, come say hi.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 7:07 pm

turkish bathhouse might be interested.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 7:20 pm

I thought the early evening show you did at Manitoba's was fun and really comfortable. I'd like to see you there again.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 1:58 am

Go West, young man! Don't know if anyone is touring out this way, but it'd be great to have ya. Just sayin'.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 5:34 pm

i'd love to go west.
bazooks, can you hook me ups?
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 6:03 pm

head up to boston, too!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 6:40 pm

after being realistic, and realizing that i probably will not be doing an actual tour after the blackout, here's what i got as a plan:
sunday (after the blackout) a bbq party in chicago
monday hopefully k-zoo (i think i'm playing with mind controls a week earlier, but not as 'bbq')
then, ya, i'd like to do manitoba's and a show in brooklyn and a show in boston would be swell, too. but i dunno how i'd get out there just yet. if anyone has any wise ideas, write me:
marksultan@yahoo.com
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm

would providence be a good idea?
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 7:11 pm

Mark: just talked to Matt and he said Monday should be a go in Kalamazoo. email him, he'll hit you back today or tomorrow. Yesh!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 7:20 pm

I'd love to help you with Manitoba's. I guess I'll need whatever route info you can give me, but can't you just call and ask them if you can play when you have a better idea of your schedule? I'll always help whatever way I can, but I can't imagine any of this would require much effort on my part.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 8:50 pm

i gots no phone, and i'm in europe until may.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 9:15 pm

hey mark
providence isn't a great place to play these days. the venues are drying up completely, but you could probably hook up with the black clouds there and have a good time. contact matt through their myspace website:

www.myspace.com/blackclouds
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 9:37 pm

mark, we can all hook you up in NYC. just say when you're coming through.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 9:50 pm

mark, i got your e-mail. when you figure out your plans just let me know about the post-blackout-a-que.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:07 pm

bazooka joe=useless.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:08 pm

But I'll bring a j to the bar. Wanna hit?
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:13 pm

i can't wait until april 28!! and april 29 is the crypt store opening--party, par-tay weekend! you boys are gonna be so much fun to be around!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:19 pm

It's not gonna open until May. He nneds time to make sure EVERYTHING is done. It's gonna be really swanky. We went there yesterday and were supposed to paint, but Tim kept talking (surprise) and people kept showing up so we got nothing done! We're going back next Saturday and doing some real work, though. And Jameson sipping.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:20 pm

Yo, but Mark, really... lemme know what you want me to do and I'm on it like Ned Hayden on my bozack.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:24 pm

Bozack de Bazook.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:30 pm

bj, we gots a deadline to meet! when you go there, HELP--don't waylay the man!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:41 pm

i wouldn't smoke your shitty hydro if it was the last herb on the planet faggot. action man always has the best smoke.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:46 pm

Bring it to Memphis. The weed, I mean...
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:48 pm

Don't bogart the joint, action man.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:48 pm

when you go there, HELP--don't waylay the man!

It wasn't my fault!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:53 pm

i believe you!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 11:21 pm

yeah jack we'll get way high for the big d & d-prog party. woohoo!!! bazooka joe on the other hand will have to party with his own toxic chem-weed. enjoy!!!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 11:41 pm

sweet..!who's playin with ya at the klmzoo show..?
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 12:23 am

Go West, young man!

yeah...now back to the thread...
come to utah
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:28 pm

yeesh!
i was trying to figure out some kind of routing to do this, but DAMN busses are ridiculous!!! even amtrak takes forever! anyone know what i could do? a more reasonable way to head east? is anyone driving from east of chicago or something?
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:35 pm | Edited by: shana o

Hook up with Black Time! Their tour is starting with the Blackout.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:51 pm

Sometimes Southwest Airlines has one way fares from Chicago to Manchester, NH for $49. Manchester is an hour from Boston. It's expensive to get to Boston from there, but I can get you a ride.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:59 pm

Yeah - Mark, let me know if you'd want to do some shit w/ Black Time.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:01 pm

is Blacktime gonna be making their way towards Wisconsin Todd? fuck, i can't wait to see these guys.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:01 pm

Now we're talkin'.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:23 pm

todd, you wanna give me more info? i'm down. write me offline, preeze
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:25 pm

Todd-check your fucking email!
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:30 pm

FUCK!
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 7:22 pm

I know Dale! I'm waiting for someone to give a go-ahead here! This is all happening, but I'm not sure about a couple things yet! Black Time is looking at doing a month(!!!) after the Blackout with April driving. I think it'd be cool if Mark could jump aboard. I'll write ya, Mark.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 9:18 pm

mark,

if you wanna come up to boston, we (tampoffs) could try to hook you up with something. black time too. fuck it, send everyone here. thetampoffs @ yahoo dot com
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 2:36 pm

Make sure you've got a tamborine or there's gonna be trouble.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 2:39 pm

Hook up with Black Time! Their tour is starting with the Blackout.

bring that shit to the Zoo
puhlease!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 3:01 pm

Yes, today or tomorrow I'll announce the skeleton of the Black Time tour, and you can all jump on it - with this last minute planning, April and I will need some serious help! K-Zoo is an obvious choice, probably around a week and a half/2 weeks after the Blackout.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 3:28 pm

april and i.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:36 pm

is it just me or does todd seem extra gay lately???
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:43 pm

stop rubbing your dick while your reading posts dawg!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:49 pm

I definitely feel extra gay.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:56 pm

yeah i thought so.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 5:06 pm

Will a fight break out between dale and BBQ again?
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 5:14 pm

Will a fight break out between dale and BBQ again?

explain. i wanna hear this!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 5:29 pm

Posted: Mar 28, 2006 7:58 pm

at first, when tkrichards used to post angry or stupid shit about me, it pissed me off. now, the level of attention he throws on me is downright creepy - or the way a scorned lover would act. i hope i didn't break your heart.
by the way, i think me and dale are cool.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 8:39 pm

mark is cool as shit on a frozen lake.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 4:36 pm

Things are cool with me and Mark. We just had a disagreement (even though a lot it appeared in a public forum and ended up being kinda silly and embarassing). We both agree that Detroit is not very fun anymore though...so any Black Time/BBQ gig in this part of Michigan will most likely go down in the Port Huron area.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 5:49 pm

at first, when tkrichards used to post angry or stupid shit about me, it pissed me off. now, the level of attention he throws on me is downright creepy - or the way a scorned lover would act. i hope i didn't break your heart.
by the way, i think me and dale are cool.

We got him! the writer of the anonymous "a thrue fan's letter to king louie"!!! : 'YOU are not a GREG O, or a M. Sultan and i mean that in the nicest possible way. you're a jay reatard. (pre-solo) fuck it up in a full length / with a band"
http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&topic=1248 8&forum=4&page=0

Now wait, I'll check if he said anything nasty about Greg O.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 9:07 pm

I think you're grasping for a connection where there is none.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 4:16 pm | Edited by: dale

TKRichards has a tendency to be an asshole at times. He's funny at times too (like when he'd come into Record Time when I was working there and rag on emo kids right to their faces) but no one is sacred. Back when Smashin' Transistors had a message board he'd bag on me for being a snob or digging some band he'd accuse of "promoting faggotry in music" but he does come up to PH for a show occasionally which is more than I can say for a lot of the locals.

Yeah! This is gonna be a good time this tour. I don't have the time to really worry about past spats so much. Time to move on and TIME TO ROCK-N-ROLL!
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 7:05 pm

We're all assholes sometimes. Just look at Bazooka Joe.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 7:20 pm

Wow, another friend. Fuck off dick. I'm outta here. It's probably best I work harder to get an increase on this dead end minimum wage job I have. Later for awhile...
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 7:23 pm

Okay, I take it back. Bazooka Joe is the coolest. Relax Joe. I'm not even mad at you. I was just funnin'.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 9:30 pm

MARK
Anytime you want to come to Miami, we got a show for you.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Monday May 29th is solo BBQ in Kalamazoo. Rip tips at the BBQ Pit preshow. 1 piece Wonderbread is your nakin.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 11:39 pm

ken i know we got off to a rough start but you totally rule. i've been trying to run that loser off of here for months and you do it in 10 seconds. salute!!!
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 11:41 pm

there should be a Fish Fight tribute at the next BBQ Port Urine show
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 12:04 am

any Montreal shows in the works? i'd love to see an ottawa show, but it seems not many people here know or care about bbq. the king khan & bbq show had such a shitty turn out last year
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 12:12 am

Mark Beef!
Been missing your posts, glad you're back!

Viva la BBQ!!
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 1:40 am

He'll be back...
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 2:00 am

I only said "awhile." Damn, I had to make some invoices.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 3:23 am

The Joe man is back. When Joe comes back, Joe's head will crack. When Joe's head cracks, when that big head cracks, it's welcome back Joe. Welcome back Joe. Welcome back Joe. You don't have to be alone Joe.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 3:43 am

i knew it was too good to be true.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:47 am

Hey Mark, if ya wanna swing over to NYC a few days afterwords, we are having our big record store opening June 3rd & 4th with bands both days as well as a show those nights. It would be really cool if you could make it! Let me know---------dtrain.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 4:21 pm

im into it. ask trickknee about this. im supposed to be doing shows with black time, so it sounds like fun.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 4:31 pm

email me: marksultan@yahoo.com
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 5:41 pm

BBQ/Black Time is moving along, just a couple quick details to nail down. A slate of shows are already booked, more to come very soon.
Posted: Apr 6, 2006 2:01 pm

ok. so... it looks as though i will be playing in kalamazoo then flying to new york. i wanna play memphis mike's party, but i also want a club show, if possible. and if someone can help for boston, i can bus it. write me soon at:
marksultan@yahoo.com
Posted: Apr 6, 2006 2:43 pm

if youre playing kzoo then flying, you should fly from either detroit or chicago, its usually way less
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 3:01 am

Mark! whats up with the west coast???? email me!
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 3:35 am

We are booking Trash for the night shows which is 3 blocks away from the store so you'll be able to make some dollars bro.
Posted: May 7, 2006 5:06 am

"promoting faggotry in music"like bands on cool and happening current record labels that sound like girly late 80s indie rock bands that your WI buddies like to act all macho about?
Posted: May 7, 2006 9:13 am

It does make you wonder how many people would like the Submarine Races if they were on a label like Matador or Merge.
Posted: May 7, 2006 5:28 pm

still awaiting confirmation on shows the week after the blackout (until the weekend)... ny, boston, etc...
Posted: May 7, 2006 6:12 pm

MARK! What's goin' on buddy? You comming up to Minnesota with Black Time or what?
Posted: May 7, 2006 7:09 pm

Marc by himslef is economical too...cuz all he'll need is one couch to crash on..or nice craftmatic adjustable bed...! i hope i have enough cash to even get in to see the show..and drink some of that krftbru swill.
Posted: May 7, 2006 8:25 pm

yo!
minnesota?! that was never gonna happen. i know someone was advertising that, but i told todd a while back that it wasn't happening. tkrichards will be happy to know that karma is catching up to me for that detroit show - in the last month, 8 shows have been booked (by other folks) and subsequently cancelled because i had no knowledge (!!!) of them or because it was impossible for me to get there and i had asked the overzealous bookers to cancel them (and they didn't and i got blamed). yippee!
Posted: May 7, 2006 8:31 pm

Blame Dale.
Posted: May 7, 2006 8:32 pm

Your on for NY. Email me...
Posted: May 7, 2006 11:35 pm

mark,

totally emailed you about boston. i was wondering about if you got it or not. i'll remail you. but the date you asked for is booked and such.
Posted: May 8, 2006 12:05 am

thanks guys!
Posted: May 8, 2006 4:10 am

is there any way any band is touring from nyc or wherever after that first weekend of june that would have me come along? i am in montreal, but i'm not too sure i wanna stick around here and get a pad... i wanna do some music stuff, maybe start a band, etc... HELP.
marksultan@yahoo.com
Posted: May 8, 2006 4:45 am

Blame Dale
Blame, miscommunicate, misconstrue...whatever. Seems to be the story.
Posted: May 8, 2006 5:16 am

?????
Posted: May 8, 2006 5:55 am

Not directed at Mark. No worries there I believe.
Posted: May 8, 2006 3:28 pm

Right around the time we were booking the Black Time shows, BBQ was a possibility for the first week so I passed along "Black Time for sure, possibly BBQ." When BBQ was no-go, I emailed everyone back and told them. The next person who bitches at me for helping bands book shows for free gets raped.
Posted: May 8, 2006 5:30 pm | Edited by: dale

It's unrewarding.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®