Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / who has the worst boss? lets compare
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 8:12 pm

Who has the best example of a scummy boss / manager / supervisor ?
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 8:32 pm

me. i worked for celebrities.
they are just as if not scummier than regular bosses
EXCEPT - because they're in the public eye and in their public persona, people like them or who they think those celebrities are, no one believes just how shitty they are - or that their demands are unreasonable

i have a list maybe 30 items long of just how crappy mr. celebrity was...
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 10:32 pm

I have some good boss dickhead stories, but I'll wait to see what the other kids come up with first.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 12:27 am

My boss is a fan of scheduling you to work when you've clearly had a certain day marked down for vacation for like 2 months. "Boss, I'd love to come to work that day, but I'll be in New York/Europe/whatever." Then he does this whole passive-aggressive pouting thing, like you fucked him over.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 12:31 am

Judith Light
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 12:40 am

Then he does this whole passive-aggressive pouting thing, like you fucked him over.

do they learn that in boss school? i had that at just about every job. its how i learned about travel insurance. sure enough, every time i booked a vacation and told everyone about it - boom, there would be some special to produce or whatever....without fail. the best (worst) is them calling you in the middle of the night when THEY'RE traveling for you to fix something that they need done at their remote location
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 1:05 am

My boss sent an email out to our entire department this week - all of us are professionals and not idiots - it said:

"I use writing style - active voice. You use writing style - passive voice. Mine is better. Use it."

That's my life. I just quit yesterday.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 1:21 am

I have the best job in the world. I just wanted to rub that in.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 1:25 am

my boss used to clip his toenails while giving me "projects". Very distracting.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 1:26 am

Mine picks his nose and scratches his nuts in front of me all the time.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 3:17 am

Mine likes to work the room on Friday nights and tell off-color one-liners. We call it "Dick Joke Fridays."
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:35 pm

my ex boss was a fat bitch who met her husband on yahoo personals and they got married within 6 months, right after she got knocked up. she used to be such a cunt to me. i had a medical emergency and she wouldn't let me leave for the day until i met my sales goal. i was like "fuck you, i'm out."
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:43 pm

Actually my boss and the people I worked with were all good people...it's the rest of the job that sucked.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:46 pm

i like my boss well enough despite his frat-boy past. we've been know to get into conversations like "what is the proper pronunciation of 'clitoris'?" (clit-er-is or cli-tore-is?). i like being one of the guys (i have no choice, work with 10 of 'em and am the only girl) but hate it when this other dickhead starts thinking he is just as funny and witty with the potty-mouth. i finally had to say, "I don't mind it when you say the word 'Booby', just don't call me that."
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:46 pm

my boss raped me over 5 dollars but i liked it.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:51 pm

i just started a job less than 2 weeks ago. so i'm not going to bitch too much about anything...just yet

my boss rules...i rarely see him at all. he doesn't care, or bother me. i asked him what time i should take lunch break, he said whenever i feel like it. his name is wolfgang too, which is also cool
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:05 pm

I've had some real jackasses. Usually cumwads that didn't actually work their way through to the top, but rather were in the right place at the right time. Anyway, this one dude got a bug up his ass that his manager wasn't spending enough time out on the floor, walking around etc.. So, after she left one night, he and the controller (his brother in law) evicted her from her office. Dumped all her shit in a big pile out in the middle of the lobby. She walked into that, and had to clean it up and set up her 'new work area' in front of all the folks she managed. BTW, she was like 8 months pregnant too.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:05 pm

I have a great boss that makes horrible decisions in the category of "trying to lift the attitudes and atmosphere" of our work environment.

Over the weekend my work installed an overhead PA unit playing 101 WIXX radio in effort to raise the moods at this place. WIXX plays your "favorite" hits from the 90's and current. It's pretty much the shit 12 year old girls listen to while they pretend their Barbie doll is Brittany Spears.

I work alone 85% of the week in a basement by my lonesome. These ceiling speakers are everywhere throughout the building now and you can't avoid it no matter where you go. ITS BULLSHIT!!!

Most of the time before they did this I could just listen to whatever I want through these computer speakers but now I am forced to have headphones on all the time to avoid any possible mental breakdown.

What the fuck is wrong with people?
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:18 pm

Another lady I worked for got upset because three of her salespeople quit on her at the same time. She inherited the biz from Daddy, so she was miffed about having to pay their last commission checks. So, she had her dogs piss all over the checks, and put them in envelopes and mailed them while wearing rubber gloves.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:33 pm

No boss, but I have a lot of secret meetings. I have about 17 Black Helicopters that report directly to me.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 8:39 pm

I have an ex boss who would set up the office furniture every time a new employee was hired. He'd place the desks facing away from the door so that he could sneak up behind the new person and get a look at their computer screen to make sure they weren't fucking around on the internet. Everyone switched the furniture around after a week and he'd get all bent outta shape, commenting at length about how inefficient the new set up was. He also pronounced the words "going to" and "go to" as "GO-uh." "I'm go-uh go-uh lunch, so I'll be back at 11:30."
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 9:25 pm

Judith Light I think the jury's still out on this one. It coulda been Tony Danza, ya know..."Stick around."
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 2:07 am | Edited by: motorhoney

My ex-boss told an employee, who was manic depressive, that she should just go ahead and kill herself, so he wouldn't have to pay for her unemployment. Oh, and he said this in front of a few of the people who worked under her. He was an unbelievable piece of shit and one day I'll get even for all of the abuse that I endured...
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 2:11 am

Another lady I worked for got upset because three of her salespeople quit on her at the same time.

I think its awesome that three people quit at the same time. There was one job I had at a PR firm where we were all miserable.... I tried to organize people to get new jobs and quit either en masse, or like every couple days. They wouldn't go for it. I guess they wanted to stay miserable. I quit, moved to NYC.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 4:18 pm

My "Boss" likes to pinch guys asses. Total gaywad. He says the stupidest shit. Last week he was making blowjob jokes to a co-workers 16 year old daughter. Tried to fire a co-worker recently because he would not help him move, off the clock. Hopefully this guy won't be my "Boss" for much longer.
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 4:57 am

I do group therapy, as in mental health, with nursing home residents that are cognitively sound, but maybe very limited in terms of their occupational functioning and can't write so well. When I asked my supervisor for extra ideas for group when I was at a loss one time, all she could suggest to me was that I buy a copy of "Chicken Soup for the Soul" and read to the folks little, simple, stupid stories...LAME.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®