Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Any Mudhoney fans out there?
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 8:32 pm

They are playing live right now on KEXP in Seattle.
Go to KEXP.org You can retrieve the broadcast for up to 2 weeks if you miss it. If you don't like Mudhoney you can try checking out Steve Turner's country sounding solo stuff. I saw him play 2 years ago in Ballard and I liked it.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 8:41 pm

new album is good!
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 8:47 pm

I love Mudhoney, though I haven't bought anything new from them since the 90's. Seen them many times though and there's a CD release show in Portland this weekend that I'll most check out.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 8:49 pm

I thought Steve Turner's solo stuff was baaaaaaaaaaaad. Really dissapointing. It wasn't the music so much as the lyrics.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 8:50 pm

I picked up the album on a bit of a nostalgic whim the other day and I concur with Eric. It's pretty heavy. It's political too. Oh yeah, and the vinyl version comes with a copy of the CD to for your mp3 ripping ease.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 9:08 pm

Great horns on that new one!
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 9:20 pm

Great horns on that new one!

I read something about it being such a different sound, but it's just Mudhoney with horns! Which is great! Weirdly political, but great.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 9:24 pm

i listened to some if it at the Virgin at lunch. i thought some of the music was interesting, but the lyrics sucked. i'm not obsessed with lyrical content, by any means, but it was kinda fucked. "i was born on an air force base in 1962"? i don't know man.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 9:24 pm

gimme superfuzzbigmuff
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 9:55 pm

I like 'em lots....haven't heard the new one yet.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 10:02 pm

i was not a fan back when they first came around, but after seeing Mark Arm do his year-long stint w/ the remainders of the MC5, i developed a healthy respect for him and will listen to Mudhoney w/ new ears
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 11:11 pm

but it's just Mudhoney with horns!
The horns sound like they were lifted directly off the Saints "Eternally Yours".
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:17 am

but it's just Mudhoney with horns!
The horns sound like they were lifted directly off the Saints "Eternally Yours".

horns are horns
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:51 am | Edited by: Bob Seger

Tad is putting out an opera album in '07
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 4:50 am

hahahahahaha
the crioc will be packed this weekend for the Mud/Makers show..
I'm holding out for the Kelley Stoltz show, knowing subpoop that should be at The Moore this spring..
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:20 am

They put out alot of crap along with the goodies, but you can't beat shit like "Touch Me, I'm Sick". I'm a semi-fan and always will be.
Posted: Oct 9, 2016 1:09 am

I was at this gig in Seattle in 97. Great show. It was the Pain in The Grass festival when it was free and not so commercial. It was at the Pacific Science Center by the Space Needle. It was the first time I met Mark Arm (I've "met" or talked to him a couple of times since then, the latest being at Gonerfest a couple of years ago).
It was on the fourth of July. 10 Minute Warning with Duff Mckagan were one of the openers. He had a Gun-n-Roses sticker on his bass case. It was kinda funny because being early July it was hot, yet some of these guys were coming onstage with toboggans on their heads sporting the "grunge" look that was still popular in those days, I guess. The local authorities "fire department" or whoever it was had warned that if anyone shot off fireworks during the show it would immediately end. Well, some asshole had to shoot off a bottle rocket but Mark thanked him for at least waiting until the show was almost over anyway before doing that. Good times. Drunk, nostalgic reminiscing.

I've always liked Mudhoney. They opened my mind from metal to punk.
Posted: Oct 12, 2016 11:44 am

Wife loves earliest Mudhoney but says EGBDF is whiney. I love that record! She won't let me play it when she's around. Too bad, I want it for long drives.
Posted: Nov 29, 2016 1:22 pm

Mark got me permissions to video tape them once at Sky Church in the EMP. I haven't watched it in over a decade, but I remember liking it.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®