Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 2:35 pm

Well, who saw that coming?
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 3:26 pm

Tony getting shot by Junior? Not me. That Italian thing Junior muttered right before he pulled the trigger was scary like something fron the Exorcist.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 3:41 pm

And what's with not showing any previews for next week?!?!?
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 3:45 pm

well, then they would have to show that he doesn't die - -and we all know he doesn't...
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 3:45 pm

And what's with not showing any previews for next week?!?!?

No shit!
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 5:09 pm

was it already revealed (last season) that the older guy with glasses & grayish/longish hair was an informant? i can't remember.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 6:21 pm

was it already revealed (last season) that the older guy with glasses & grayish/longish hair was an informant? i can't remember.
Yes.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Well, who saw that coming?
I was thinking it would be a good twist if Tony got killed off early this season. Getting shot by Junior was brilliant though. Even if he makes it past this, he is a heart attack waiting to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is a goner.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 6:25 pm

he is a heart attack waiting to happen,

No way dude, he's eating sushi BY HIMSELF even all the time now. That will probably reverse his blockage.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 6:31 pm

Did anyone watch that new show Big Love afterwards? Looks promising. A family drama about polygamists in Utah. Of course, I'll watch anything with Harry Dean Stanton in it.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 6:33 pm

No way dude, he's eating sushi BY HIMSELF even all the time now. That will probably reverse his blockage.
It's going to lull him into a false sense of security that he's eating healthily.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 7:04 pm

i always thought that in the final season, everyone would die. like hamlet.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 10:05 pm

I couldn't believe that first episode. What an opening! I don't think Tony will die in the first episode- not after the amount of coin Gandolfini got for this season.

My only beef is turning Junior senile. He's had some of my favorite lines on that show. "I've got G-Men so far up my ass, I can taste brylcreem!" Now they've got him hiding in a closet. If he's anything like how my grandfather was with Alzheimer's, he will be urinating in there.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm

Did anyone else catch the Tony being a dead fish thing? They showed him eating Sushi multiple times. And "You are what you eat" i may be looking too much into this. But Chase usually does stuff like this.

The last 3 seasons of this show have been fucking awful and really disappointing. But since i've seen every episode the night it was aired i cannot just stop watching. Far too much time has been invested in it. This season looks promising however.

I hope all the women in this show die very soon. Carmela, Janice, Dr. Melfi, and Meadow really bring the show down. Especially Melfi and Carmela.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 10:59 pm

I hope all the women in this show die very soon. Carmela, Janice, Dr. Melfi, and Meadow really bring the show down. Especially Melfi and Carmela.
I hope all the men die, and the new spin off show becomes HBO's new Sex in the City, but in the suburbs with lots of rich widows.
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 11:01 pm

all the characters must die
like hamlet
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 12:19 am | Edited by: colbito

all the characters must die
like hamlet

Who will be the Sporano's Horatio then?
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 12:21 am

luca brazzi
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 12:25 am

seriously..... it depends on who you think "hamlet" is
is it tony soprano? if so, then horatio is silvio
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 12:42 am

that makes sense....
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 1:59 am | Edited by: Rachelandthecity

http://www.youtube.com/v/tkiJsjIkKmM

what the eff did he say?
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 2:42 am

i think he's talking about, and thinks tony is an old and dead associate...pussy malenga...it's the alzheimers
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 3:38 am

what the eff did he say?

sumpin' reeeeeeeeal scary.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 4:38 pm

So why do people go around talking about what happened when some of us don't have HBO and wait for the DVD's to come out? I'm not talking about this thread--I mean like newspapers and stuff I've read about what happened. It's kind of lame.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 6:03 pm

So why do people go around talking about what happened when some of us don't have HBO and wait for the DVD's to come out? I'm not talking about this thread--I mean like newspapers and stuff I've read about what happened. It's kind of lame.
Once it's shown it's in the realm of public discourse. It's just like movie reviews. You can choose to read them or avoid them. Some things, like pivotal plot lines involving major characters in major shows, are pretty hard to avoid. In the pre-dvd days an equivalent might have been the whole "who shot JR?" thing, although that was a season ending cliff hanger. You just need to find a friend with HBO.

Apparently, two cowboys get it on in Brokeback Mountain. I still might watch it, when it appears on dvd.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 6:08 pm

Apparently, two cowboys get it on in Brokeback Mountain.

Get WHAT on? Oh man, I might not watch it now.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 6:12 pm

You just need to find a friend with HBO.

or you can read hbo.com/sopranos the monday after each sunday night premier. they spill the beans too. the rule of thumb is that you don't spill the beans before the PREMIER. everything else is fair game.

if a show airs on tv and no one watches it, it still airs.

besides.... for me - its not so much the plot, but how it is executed. and i'm much more interested in story arcs and cinematography and the vocabulary of images. but then again, i am a nerd
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 7:39 pm

I think I just have a major itch to see these before they come out on DVD and I don't want to get HBO. So basically I was just whining. I knew all about Adrianna way before Little Steven took her into the woods, and you're right, leftpeg, it didn't take away from my enjoyment of it.

Part of the reason I like watching them on DVD is the instant gratification. If I want to watch another one right away, I can. I don't have to wait a week.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 7:44 pm

just find someone with HBO on demand - that shit is the bomb...

I went to my parents house to watch the premeire so i could "hang" with them, but we didn't have to to do much talking - but from now on, i'll probably just go over there when they're not at home and watch 3 or 4 episodes at once - I hate cliff hangers!!
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 8:34 pm

You just need to find a friend with HBO.

Or BitTorrent.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 10:56 pm

The last 3 seasons of this show have been fucking awful and really disappointing.

Are you fucking kidding me? Every season has been great. Last season with steve buscemi as tony b was incredible. this show rules.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 11:17 pm

The show IS amazing!! I have HBO.. mainly for this show and C.Y.E - but now i will find myself addicted to BIG LOVE...

when i first got into the Sopranos, it was in DVD format. I spent on Saturday nearly watching a whole season! Sometimes its dry and boring but that always leads up to a really great episode somewhere down the line.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 11:25 pm

Sometimes its dry and boring but that always leads up to a really great episode somewhere down the line.
It will be leading all the way up to the new season of Deadwood. I can't wait.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 5:36 pm

Edie Falco was awesome in last night's episode.

In the dream sequences, when Tony was calling Carmella, did anyone else think that Carmella's voice over the phone sounded like Artie Bucco's wife Charmaine? Remember that they apparently dated before Tony and Carmella got married.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:02 pm

It definitely wasn't Carmella's voice. Somebody will probably know if it was Charmaine for real.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:29 pm

sometimes I wish I had cable and a bigger tv.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 9:43 pm

hey said "GATSA MALANGA!" malanga being pussy malanga. Im trying to find the meaning of that first word. Thats funny people are talking about that part, i thought it was a pretty bad ass way to shoot somebody.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 9:44 pm

i think it was charmaine too...remember in season 5, when he was staying at a hotel and he did his typical tony routine where he calls a girl then hangs up after they answer...he did that to charmaine back then.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 9:57 pm

Cazzata, Malanga!!!

Bad Mistake, Malanga!

cazzata:

Principal Translations/Traduzioni principali:
cazzata vulg. nf crap (vulg. for unacceptable behavior, stupid ideas, etc.)
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 9:59 pm

That's nice work, Vas.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 9:59 pm

Italian is SCARY!!!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 7:59 pm

SCARY COOL!!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 8:14 pm

Even Tony sounded like a different actor in his role. They did a GREAT job with the episode and the dream sequence.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 8:20 pm

He didn't have the "JOISEY/NEW YOKE" accent. Strange episode...
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 9:21 pm

I love the parallel universe/reality thing they've got going on. Leave it to HBO. AJ is such a rock star this season!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 9:24 pm

Also did you notice in the parallel world Tony's living in, there are all of these odd cryptic references to death and the after life?
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 10:06 pm

"When you flip me over your shoulder, it makes me wet down there"...
Ha ha...Oh that Carmela, she's a character.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 10:08 pm

haha.. that was fucking weird.. i have a DVR to record all these shows because when something like that happens, YOU HAVE TO be able to rewind and make sure you heard it right.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:21 pm

AJ is such a rock star this season!
Yeah. A total little prick of a rock star. Although, I'd like to see him come good on his promise to put a bullet in Uncle Junior's head.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:23 pm

I was actually a bit surprised he said that. I always thought AJ was a little pussy.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:29 pm

He is a little pussy.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:30 pm

Long haired little pussy fuck.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:32 pm

That little screaming fit over the bear last year? Come on!
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:33 pm

he is a total pussy, that would be rad if junior put a bullet in his van helsing head.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:33 pm

No kidding. It's just a bear, jesus christ.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:34 pm

Yeah, I hope junior kills him. Or himself, that would be interesting.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 3:12 pm

The last episode sucked. Too boring. Tony's a good 'tard though.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:03 pm

In last night's episode, I was starting to fear that they were going to do the rest of the season (and the rest of the show) with Tony in a coma and only living in dream-world. I'm glad that's not the case.

It was kinda slow, but there were still some awesome parts. Vito rubbing Finn's arm all gay-like was super creepy. I also liked how after Vito and Paulie gave Carm the money, she saw them on the elevator looking like it had almost killed them to give her that money, and she clearly wasn't fooled by their fake sweetness. It was also awesome when, after Tony has only been concious for a short time and can't even talk yet, Christopher is running his movie idea past him and getting lippy about what he feels T "owes him." That was SO Christopher, being all ballsy when Tony can't talk back. I also liked how Sil was reluctant to step up in Tony's place, and knew he really couldn't handle it, and he was right. Finally, I thought it was great when Carmella went to Dr. Melfi and admitted for the first time - probably even to herself - that she knew from the start what Tony was about, she had no problem with it, and all the "crying and praying" was bullshit.

It looks like next week it's going to start getting awesome.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:09 pm

I'm down with everything you just said.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:14 pm

i always see "christopher" at grand central waiting for the train to mount vernon. he looks like a prick in real life too.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:18 pm

Yeah, I was worried that Tony was gonna die which would have ruined the rest of the season. The Sopranos is not the Sopranos without Tony included.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:43 pm

"Saw meets The Godfather."
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:51 pm

"Saw meets The Godfather."

It's not a very surprising idea for Hollywood to consider.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:36 pm

I loved the movie pitch to all the guys. When they started arguing about where the body parts would end up, I almost pissed myself.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:55 pm

Finally, I thought it was great when Carmella went to Dr. Melfi and admitted for the first time - probably even to herself - that she knew from the start what Tony was about, she had no problem with it, and all the "crying and praying" was bullshit.

But it also showed she was still in deep denial when she said that there were much worse criminals than Tony.

I bet they have a real psychiatrist on staff to help write their dialogue.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:02 pm

But it also showed she was still in deep denial when she said that there were much worse criminals than Tony.

No shit. Mobsters are about the lowest scum on earth next to politicians.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:13 pm

why cause they're smart enough and ballsie enough to get rich and handoff a big "fuck you" to everyone?
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:16 pm

You're really defending somebody that would take what's yours, kill you and laugh about it?
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:24 pm

i guess so. im just glad its never happened to me.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:34 pm

It's not a very surprising idea for Hollywood to consider.

It may be more original than what they are coming up with on their own! Remake, remake, ___2, _____3, etc...
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:49 pm

Totally. She's still trying to justify her choices, and Dr. Melfi's follow-up questions, basically about whether Carmella actually loved Tony or loved what he provided for her, is something that will probably be addressed more later.

I loved the movie pitch to all the guys. When they started arguing about where the body parts would end up, I almost pissed myself.

"Wait, so he's a ghost? How's a ghost gonna kill people?"
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:52 pm

bazooka joe is the lowest scum on earth. poor xteene. talk about being in denial...
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:54 pm

Paraphrasing me is gay as fuck.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:57 pm

shut it ratface.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 6:59 pm

No way, pizza face.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 7:09 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Posted: Mar 27, 2006 7:40 pm

i always see "christopher" at grand central waiting for the train to mount vernon. he looks like a prick in real life too.

during the few years i worked for the real life silvio, "christopher" was the nicest of all of them in real life. he likes the rock n roll too.

seriously - i think michael imperioli is one talented dude. loved his work in goodfellas (as a younger gopher guy in the mob - gets shot in the foot by joe pesci) and in summer of sam, which though flawed, he also helped to get made
among other things.
and the cool theatre he runs in chelsea...
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 7:59 pm

summer of sam, which though flawed...

That's putting it mildly!
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 8:28 pm

I used to always see Drea De Matewhatever in New York walking her dogs, I asked her once if it was hard keeping two Great Danes in an apartment in the East Village.

She said, 'Well, it helps if you own the building."
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 8:31 pm

She lives next door to where Wows!ville was. I saw her once. She said, "Ned Hayden has a pizza face."
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 8:37 pm

Followed with, "ALBERTO RULES!"
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 8:55 pm

Drea De Mateo wanted to have sex with me once. I turned her down. Slut.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 2:46 am

I love Paulie episodes. He always does something goofy.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 2:57 am

I used to play pinnball with Drea. She owns that place on 13th street called Filth Mart with the pinnball machines in the back. Don't know if it's still there.
Mobsters are WAY more trustworthy than politicians. Trust me. or don't. who cares...
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:46 am

yeah, she suposedly started the whole rhinestoned vintage rock shirt craze from the late nineties - made them and sold them at her stor in the east village.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:07 am

Paulie episodes
Paulie cutting out coupons was sublime...I was hoping for a little more with the monks but did you notice that one shows up as an orderly or doctor. Also, his name in the coma-dream sentence "Finnerty". A nod to "Finnegans Wake"? Finn and Arty?? Find Arty?? Finity?? Finito...
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:30 am

if it was hard keeping two Great Danes in an apartment in the East Village.

i always used to see Great Danes in the Tompkins Square dog run.
none of those people owned their buildings, that's for sure. so... the jury is out: HOW DO you keep a Great Dane in a NYC apartment?
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am

HOW DO you keep a Great Dane in a NYC apartment?

Break it's legs.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 11:03 am

Break it's legs.

N starve it. Then shove it under your couch.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 3:08 pm

Also, his name in the coma-dream sentence "Finnerty". A nod to "Finnegans Wake"? Finn and Arty?? Find Arty?? Finity?? Finito...

Kevin Finnerty= Kev- infinity.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:12 pm

Paulie episodes
Paulie cutting out coupons was sublime...

He was also awesome when Meadow brought him in to see Tony. "Now, you have to stay positive." "WHAT THE HELL? HE LOOKS TERRIBLE!"
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:23 pm

I have a feeling Christopher will be next.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:35 pm

Paulie fuckin rules.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:41 pm

It was great when Paulie took the painting of Tony's and Tony finds it in his house. That was an old episode but I'm just sayin.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:46 pm

It's all about the one where he's robbing the old lady and she catches him and they fight. I think he ends up smothering her with a pillow. HIGHLARIOUS.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:49 pm

not that anyone cares, but Great Danes are pretty great Apartment dogs. they are big couch potatos that kinda adapt to your level of exercise- ya just (at a min./- at a min. i say.) hafta get 'em out and walk/run 'em a bit, say two times a day plus pee breaks. much easier breed than a lotta others.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:52 pm

Its the same way with a lot of dogs. American Mastiffs being one of them.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 12:21 am | Edited by: Rachelandthecity

yeah my dog sleeps about 15 hours a day, the same as me.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 2:54 am

i love paulies insults on Vito "Diarhea of a thin man" "you shoulda lost some weight in your nose to, that way you can stop sticking it in other peoples buisness" "whoa bluto!" and the best "EAT A COOKIE! YOUR DELIRIOUS" When he was talking to Tony, it was pretty funny too.."i won the pull up contest 3 times in a row when i was in the service!"
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 8:57 am

Vito will get killed next for two reasons. 1. He didn't want to give Carmella money from his score because he thought it might go to waste if Tony ended up dying. It doesn't matter if he dies or not, he should respect Tony's family and help them out in their time of need. 2. He likes to suck dick.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 9:52 am

i agree with davie. I was just thinking that Finn would end up saying something about it to Meadow or Tony. I dont think Vito will be killed for a couple more episodes though. After they get rid of him, you know Phil is going to pissed, since its his cousins husband and all.
I hope they dont kill Paulie.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 4:26 pm

Also, who gives a shit about Vito? He was a pretty minor background character up until this season, so I think they're just setting him up to go down. Pun intended.

I hope they dont kill Paulie.

With it being the end of the show, the writers just might go crazy and kill off most of the major characters, like they did on Oz. They'll either get busted or killed off. I don't predict a happy ending for Paulie.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 7:53 pm

ok well, chris and phil leotardo will be ok?
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 6:03 am

Paulie's about to lose his shit...
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 7:42 am

good maybe he will shoot Vito. best quote tonight "wallet biopsy? get the fuck out my room you sick cunt" Tony
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 12:10 pm

I want a Terry Schiavo vigil shirt too.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 4:36 pm

I loved Carmella telling Tony that he needed to watch out for that Vito.

Paulie is going off the deep end, and I expect it will be pretty fantastic.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 4:41 pm

Is Tony dumb enough to believe dinos and caveman lived on Earth at the same time like the Flinstones? Hopefully a statement like that will keep him outta church for good.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 4:44 pm

I bet he becomes born again.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 9:58 pm

I doubt Tony will go as far as too be born again; just recovering from the srugery/coma shock. The Vito comment from Carm was great. At least now she understands/has accepted what is going on.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 10:44 pm

I loved it that Bobby shot that rapper in the ass to help his street cred. Classic.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 2:15 am

ahhh ma ass! they shot ma ass!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:08 pm

hi guys.
just an info:how many series are showed in usa?
in italy they showed 5 series.
i hope that there will be more series of this telefilm.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:19 pm

they are currently showing season 6, and are four episodes in.
this is supposedly the last season.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 7:01 pm | Edited by: rocko

only 4?
i have read on a newspaper that probably there are no more sopranos series.
and i hope to seen soon in italy the series number 6!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 10:58 pm

For some reason today at work I remembered that Paulie called it "Sharper's Image" and that made me laugh.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 6:45 pm

I just knew Johnny Sack was going to cry in front of his underlings at some point.

And Vito getting caught swinging it down at the leather bar.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 6:52 pm

i have read on a newspaper that probably there are no more sopranos series.

this is true. they (david chase at any rate) wanted to end it long time ago but it was the one thing that got HBO new subscribers and moved a lot of home vid/dvd product. hbo was not gonna let it go. but this IS the end of the line
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:01 pm

"But to cry like a woman? It's a fuckin' disgrace."
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:02 pm

Tony trying to show he ain't gone soft on that bodyguard... DAMN! After he puked I think realized he didn't convince himself of anything.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:06 pm

This exchange was golden:

Christopher: "Allegra? Isn't that a cold medicine?"
Paulie: "It's Italian for 'happy.'"
Christopher: "...what the fuck's that got to do with cold medicine?"
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:10 pm

I lol'ed at that!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:10 pm

Tony trying to show he ain't gone soft on that bodyguard... DAMN! After he puked I think realized he didn't convince himself of anything.

i dont think he meant to convince himself... he needed to prove to all the others he aint weak... i like how how he clenched his fist, thought about what he was going to do and made up the whole "fridge" thing... that was great.. and he fucked that meathead up!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:18 pm

I think it was for himself more than the others, but yeah, they're included too. He was checking out how totally buff and manly, uhhhh, excuse me, (blushes) they all were and started to feet soft.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:21 pm

yeah, your right... when he's checking out his new bodyguards defined arms... HAHA~!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:50 pm

I think it was for himself more than the others, but yeah, they're included too.

Agreed. After everybody was so outspoken about Johnny Sac being soft for crying at his daughter's wedding, and his feeling that people were looking at him differently and treating him differently after his accident, he needed to re-assert himself as the top dog.

Of course, it might just make him look unhinged and crazy (like Uncle Junior) since everybody in the room saw that the fight was unprovoked, and that the bodyguard didn't touch the refrigerator.

AJ's date at the wedding was great. "I don't eat fish because of all the toxins," as she puffs away on a cigarette.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 8:02 pm

yeah, that last scence looked liked some sorta male model sequence w/wiseguys. but tony totally did that to show the guys he wasn't weak. remember the talk w/melfi? that was her advice: "people only see what you show them" or something to that effect. plus, all the guys were questioning john's strength after he cried. tony ain't goin out like no bitch!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:06 pm

We think Vito offed himself in the hotel room. It is either kill or be killed for him. He was SO busted!! You can't be queer in the mob....no, no. tony totally did that to show the guys he wasn't weak.
Then he's spitting up blood in the bathroom... I guess he's gonna need a new bodyguard now, too!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:08 pm

but this IS the end of the line
There are always rumors of a movie... but if they kill everybody off, who will be left? They could do a whole movie with dream sequences and ghosts.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:18 pm

We think Vito offed himself in the hotel room. It is either kill or be killed for him. He was SO busted!!

So you don't think those guys bought his assurance that "it's a joke"?

I think he'll probably off himself too, in shame, but that's kind of weak. He should go out in a blaze of queer glory.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:21 pm

He already did. That's why they couldn't get ahold of him for two days.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:34 pm

He already did. That's why they couldn't get ahold of him for two days.
What you gotta crystal ball?
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:34 pm

I still wish they would have shown his brains splatter against the wall.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:40 pm

You would think they would!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:43 pm

I dunno, I think they want you to think that he's offed himself, but really, why would he check into a hotel and bring a big duffle bag with him if he was just gonna suicide? Unless his brain is being gay too...
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 9:46 pm

Yeah...
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 11:44 pm

or maybe he called silvio to see if sil and tony had heard that he was at the gay club. since sil didn't mention anything about it maybe he's gonna go kill those two guys that saw him there and make the whole problem go away.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 12:03 am

"maybe he's gonna go kill those two guys that saw him there and make the whole problem go away."

this seems like the more likely scenario to insure high tv drama....

I'm lovin the new season!
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 1:08 am

but this IS the end of the line
I heard something about a season six and a half with like 6-8 episodes and then that's it except for all the spin-offs.
The Vito thing is a bit telegraphed- it's going to lead to a showdown with Phil and he'll probably go down. Get his book since he won't be in any spinoffs!
A Guy's Guide to Being a Man's Man
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 3:19 am

i dont think Vito killed himself. that would be stupid if they had 2 dudes in the crew kill themselves.
Also, I read an interview w/David Chase, and he said something about maybe doing a show with christopher? cant remember, was groggy when reading it.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 8:13 am

I can't quite figure it out. What was in the gym bag that Vito had with him? Was it a big bag of money? Some of the shit he didn't hand over to Carmella? I think he opted against suicide and just did a runner instead. He must have known all along that that bar was serviced by the mob, so maybe he liked the danger - until it actually happened.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 8:16 pm

What was in the gym bag that Vito had with him?
Yeah, I was wondering what he would need a gym bag for if he was just gonna off himself. It does seem a bit unlikely to have two suicides so close together. I like the idea of him killing off those 2 guys before they can talk. They seemed low level and he's shown his aspirations this season.

Gotta love the big mafia wedding scenes.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Melfi's counseling Tony on how to be a better mob boss. Also, Meadow looks like she's anorexic again. Or should I say Jamie Lynn Siegler?
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 8:23 pm

Also, I read an interview w/David Chase, and he said something about maybe doing a show with christopher?

They could make it a double spin-off and have him go live with Adriana on the set of "Joey."

I think Vito may be going to kill Finn, Meadow's boyfriend, since Finn saw Vito going down on a guy at the construction site.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 8:29 pm

Finn, Meadow's boyfriend, since Finn saw Vito going down on a guy at the construction site.
I hope not, but at the same time, what is Finn's problem? Why haven't they set a wedding date? What are they waiting for?
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 8:34 pm

Finn is trying to get over the weird feelings he's been having for Vito.

In other news, I bet in the next episode we find out that Tony paid his driver to take a fall.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 8:36 pm

In other news, I bet in the next episode we find out that Tony paid his driver to take a fall.

That's what 16 sez. I'm not buying it.
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 9:29 pm

I don't think we'll see that he paid his driver to take a fall, but maybe Tony's guilt over it will cause him to be overly kind to him, like buy him a car or something.
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 6:13 am

DO you really believe that Marinara couldn't have whooped Tony's ass?

Come on!
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 12:39 am

i dont think Vito killed himself. that would be stupid if they had 2 dudes in the crew kill themselves.

I think he will/did. They were playing the same AM "music of your life" radio song when they showed Vito get his gun as was playing when the other guy offed himself.
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 1:29 am

DO you really believe that Marinara couldn't have whooped Tony's ass?

Come on!

Even though Penne Arrabiata is a muscle-bound hothead, I think he probably knows better than to fight back to his full ability and whoop The Boss, in front of a room full of made guys, no less.
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 5:48 am

That's what 16 sez. I'm not buying it.

who's 16?
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 1:19 pm

P.S. can someone forward this to Tony?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4900946.stm
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 10:59 pm

I think he will/did. They were playing the same AM "music of your life" radio song when they showed Vito get his gun as was playing when the other guy offed himself.

Well i know he hasnt done it yet, if hes going to. I read an interview with the dude who plays his character yesterday and he said Vito will live out at least 2-3 more episodes.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 3:20 am

The latest episode had me rolling.... Vito is flamin!
Tony's getting soft too...
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 3:42 am

that episode was so-so.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 6:58 pm

So what do you think Vito's Antique Store is going to be called?
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 7:10 pm

I missed the first part, but in the credits it said something about Veronica Mars - what was that all about?
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 7:41 pm

Not a very satisfying episode. A chance for them to trot out every gay cliche in the book was pretty much what it was. I wonder if they bought Finn a new pair of pants. I bet he leaves Meadow. He should've split a long time ago, if you ask me. Also, I don't buy Tony's "sensitivity" for a second.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 8:14 pm

no way dude, meadow looks pretty damn good this season.
you know what i havent seen in a while? Phil Leotardo killing someone!
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 8:28 pm

He'll find Vito maybe, but it just made me kinda sick all these murderers getting all high and mighty about smokin' pole. "It's a sin," blah, blah, blah... And fuckin' grandma killin', fake mom abandoning Paulie leading the way. Gross.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 8:35 pm

Not to mention that vito "wasn't the first."
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 12:48 am

He'll find Vito maybe, but it just made me kinda sick all these murderers getting all high and mighty about smokin' pole. "It's a sin," blah, blah, blah... And fuckin' grandma killin', fake mom abandoning Paulie leading the way. Gross.

I didnt know Finn posted on the GONER board!

Not to mention that vito "wasn't the first."

John "Johnny Boy" D'Amato, head of the DeCavalcante family, the biggest in the state of New Jersey, was shot dead in 1992 after it was rumoured that he was having relationships with other men.

The characters on the Sopranos heavily resemble a lot of members of this crime family also.
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 11:04 am

Some gay cliches maybe but c'mon Tony isn't sensitive to anything except moolah. Vito was bringing in the cash. That's what this show is about in all its po-mo subliminess. These types of contradictions run all-through the show. Of course, if you're in prison you get a "pass".
I've just watched all of season four over three days and am swilling Moroccan cabernet sauv. so I'm a bit prejudice towards the show...
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 10:44 pm

seriously! anyone know what was up with the veronica mars thing?

and P.S. I've been trying to rewatch the last episode on demand all week and it still isn't posted!

grumble.
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 6:13 am

they air the same episode showed on sundays everyday of the week until the new one. I usually watch it again On Mondays at 7 est 10 pst and Tuesday 8 est 11 pst on HBO. Oh, Wednesdays are encores, 6 est 9 pst.

I know, I have no life.
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 12:44 pm

I just got series (season) 4 for my birthday but I think I've seen upto series (season) 5 so don't tell me what happens!
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 2:34 pm

yeah, i noticed that in the credits too, but i don't remember anything in the epsiode about it, but then i've never watched veronica mars.
it was probably on a tv in the background of a shot somewheres.
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 1:15 am

Vito's babysitter was watching it
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 12:53 am

So what did ya'll think of Christopher's "Hollywood" adventure? Never thought I'd see Lauren Bacall takin one to the face. I think my fav was Ben Kingsley sitting down on the plane- "Faaahhck!"

Lots of comedy this episode- betcha the next one will be extra bloody to balance it out.
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 1:03 am

You want bloody you oughtta see that Elizabeth I show. Disembowelments galore and a decapitation. hen the head was picked up the fucking head fell out of the goddamn scalp and facial skin. It was easily the most gruesome thing I've ever seen on tv or in a movie.
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 3:31 am

"I wasnt goin thru yer purse! I told you I moved it and it fell over"
Chris + drugs = fun times.
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 3:43 am

Ew, yeah, Elizabeth was disgusting.

I always watch The Soprano's with my Dad and he always cracks up when anyone let's go with 80 expletives in a row cause I think it embaresses him. It's so cute.

Especially when the guy made the toast at the beginning (forgot his name) and then started going off about his fag son-in-law, that really cracked him up.
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 4:32 am

Phil Leotardo. thats funny, my dad was watching that with me too, and as soon as phil started going off, my dad got up and left. thats good he did, there was hella naked breasts that episode.
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 7:16 am

what was that weird little scene with the hacidic jew selling that small black box to that other guy over the counter??
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 1:20 pm

what was that weird little scene with the hacidic jew selling that small black box

they're in on the credit card scam too! i wonder what's gonna happen with that - are they terrorists? will the feds end up bringing everyone down because they're investigating money trails to potential terrorists?

and artie...what a mess.
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 6:26 pm

And finally someone got whacked.
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 6:27 pm

Yeah, Frankie fucking Vallie!
Posted: Apr 26, 2006 3:12 am

HORSE FACE!
Posted: May 2, 2006 4:10 pm

Did anyone watch this week? I had to go to Anthony Hamilton.

Get this, at R & B shows at the Orpheum, they have these weird painted backgrounds with the faces of the performers, where for 25 bucks you can have a picture taken with your date, just like prom!

oh my!
Posted: May 2, 2006 4:13 pm

AJ tried to kill Junior.
Tony turned down a fuck from a real estate agent cuz he loves Carmel-head too much.
Vito got some ding dong.
Posted: May 2, 2006 4:14 pm

Tony was able to control his dick in this episode right down to his dick being sat upon. I was pretty impressed.
Posted: May 2, 2006 5:18 pm | Edited by: JJ Champion

Can I get you a Martina? It's like a martini, but it's from Albania. I've never tried one myself, but I hear they go down real easy. Right, Bennie?
Posted: May 2, 2006 5:19 pm

Vito got some ding dong.

And a Harley.
Posted: May 2, 2006 5:20 pm

Can I get you a Martina? It's like a martini, but it's from Albania. I've never tried one myself, but I hear they go down real easy. Right, Bennie?

hahah.. that was classic.
Posted: May 5, 2006 11:51 pm

Posted: May 5, 2006 11:54 pm

vitos new manfriend is really a catch! mustache, chef, dad,fireman, biker...yow!

im going to have to miss this week, ill catch a repeat.
Posted: May 6, 2006 12:22 am | Edited by: leftpeg

Have you ever thought the way Vito walks is a bit strange? The next surprise is going to be Vito revealing and removing a prosthetic leg, and that's really going to turn the fireman on. I can feel the flames of passion already. Hose them down.
Posted: May 6, 2006 12:32 am

vito=penguin
Posted: May 6, 2006 3:41 am

undefined

if only he had the stubby penguin nubbies like in the movie....
Posted: May 8, 2006 5:51 pm

Christopher shooting up to Fred Neil... neat.
Posted: May 8, 2006 5:58 pm

hadn't seen bobby get too pissed off in a while... i wanna see more of that... he should kill janice
Posted: May 8, 2006 6:17 pm

I like how Chrissie gets married (who saw that coming?) buys a house, then proceeds to start drinking and shooting smack again, all in one episode!

Bobby loves Janice. He should kill Paulie. Someone ought to put him out of his misery.

Although Dana always talks about a spinoff with Paulie and Sylvio as a sitcom. That would be funny....
Posted: May 8, 2006 6:18 pm

I like how Chrissie gets married (who saw that coming?)

Was she ever even introduced?

Although Dana always talks about a spinoff with Paulie and Sylvio as a sitcom. That would be funny....

That sounds pretty good!
Posted: May 9, 2006 2:52 am

Was she ever even introduced?

I thought she was the hooker in Vegas, but now that I think about it, that sounds stupid. I don't know where she came from. Her introduction is probably on the cutting room floor somewhere.

And how about that lame flashback. What a complete waste of 5 minutes or however long it was. What asshole directed this episode?
Posted: May 9, 2006 3:00 am

And how about that lame flashback.

I think that might have been an outtake from last season. Christopher looked a lot younger.
Posted: May 10, 2006 7:30 am

I like how AJ's hair is a different length in every scene.
Posted: May 10, 2006 4:49 pm

I like how each week's preview makes the next week look really exciting, and then the show is B-O-R-I-N-G!
At least this week wasn't all "gay lumber-jack-y" like the last few.
Posted: May 10, 2006 8:39 pm

I think that might have been an outtake from last season. Christopher looked a lot younger.

I thought it was borrowed directly from one of last season's episodes. It seemed like it was. Anyway, that whole bonding sequence seemed a bit forced.
Posted: May 10, 2006 9:30 pm

this is what i wanna see: tony suffer some sort of family tragedy - aj or meadow get whacked, or better yet, die in a stupid accident or something. he's always talking about how important family is, yet his uncle is old and crazy and tony has simply abandoned him.

i want carmella to find out the real reason adriana isn't around...

bobby kill janice....

paulie go crazy! paulie, my favorite character, is another fuckhead, being a jerk to his momma, but it looks like he's trying to patch things up with her now so i'm not sure exactly what i wish for him.
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®