Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Goner March Madness
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 4:00 pm

I am ruined I picked stupid Kansas who I had no real personal knowledge of, based on the premise that they couldn't choke two years in a row, and the media has been pumping them up as of late. Damn, I now have to hope that the Oaklnad bracket is totally busted up and that Gonzaga and Memphis lose. I honestly think that they are both very good teams but that they are still a level below the "true" top teams from the top conferences. Stupid Rock chalk jayhawk dickheads ruined my bracket.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 4:06 pm

Were not theses the closest first round games ever? UNC almost lost, Iowa did lose, Kansas lost, Tenn almost lost, Duke looked vulnerable, UConn looked vulnerable, Memphis and Villanova looked vulnerable, Goanzaga barely won. WTF?
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 4:24 pm

It has been crazy. The only teams I care about right now are Memphis (of course) and Gonzaga. All other games, I am rooting for the likes of Bradley and Northwestern St or whomever the lowest seed is. I thought Albany was actually about to beat UConn. UConn's win spread in that game was much less than the one with Memphis and Oral Roberts...so...chomp on that a little bit. These next 2 days will be so damn good.

Go GW! Beat those Dukie fucks.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 4:26 pm

Oh and RIP Ray Meyer.

I teared up when they announced his death right before the Michigan State game. That 79 Final Four he coached DePaul in was the beginning of my basketball obsession.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Goddamnit. Bradley? Fucking Bradley? And I had to see this in front of a UNC fan at my bar. Awesome. Have fun spending my money, whoever. When will I ever learn that gambling and fandom don't mix? I'll refrain from saying who I'm rooting for now to avoid the jinx tag when they lose. But fuck Duke and UNC, seriously.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 4:51 pm

But fuck Duke and UNC, seriously.

Needless to say. Have you ever MET a Duke fan? Oh my god. It is seriously exactly what you expect: Rich ass nerdy snots who barely know anything about basketball. And they wear TIES to sports bars. I met a table of them one night. One of them approached me and said, "I notice your t shirt. Did you go to school there (Memphis State)???" I told him no but that it was "my" team. He actually laughed and said, "I always saw the name and never knew it was a 'real' school! Hahhahahahah!" I wanted to punch him in the face and step on his glasses.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 5:06 pm

well, I live in North Carolina and have lived in Chapel Hill twice, and have worked in Durham, too. Please excuse those Duke fans, they are not from North Carolina, but rather are all fancy lads form the NY and Philly suburbs. We do not care to claim them either. Except my mother has become a Duke fan for some odd reason and gets mad at me when I tell her that she wants to make out with JJ Redick (which I think she does and I think she wants to make out with Engin Atsur of NC State, too). As for ties to sports bars, that depends on what one does during the day. I tend to always have a tie on from Monday through Friday, due to occupation.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 5:08 pm

and yeah, I lived near Chicago. I thought he was the commander in chief of basketball when I was little watching DePaul on WGN. RIP.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 5:18 pm

I couldn't believe that I just started crying when I saw his photo and Ray Meyer 1913 (or something)-2006--well, yes I can. NCAA basketball and that 79 tourney was total "Divorce Dad and Daughter" time. It is the stuff of all great sappy sports commercials and SI articles.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 5:21 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Clifton Lee of Northwestern St (Mister 'Do and the Louisiana Thug Grill)? And their coach? My new heroes of the NCAA.

And Kevin Pittsnoggle (gag) spells his child's name like so: Kwynsie (that would be "Quincy", I guess).
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 5:26 pm

We do not care to claim them either.

Good. One of my bosses/head doctors at work went to Duke Medical. I like him, but he is socially inept and just kinda sad. He probably was a scholarship student who couldn't fit in with those dudes.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 10:08 pm

I'm DEAD LAST, baby!

I have to hold my rabbit ear antenna a certain way to get a clear broadcast of the games. Guess I'm "dead last" in a number of aspects of my life.

As Hux Creele used to say as he stalked courtside, THROW that DAMN THING!
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 10:12 pm

Is it just me or is this day more boring than the last 2?

At least this TN/Wichita is close. The only way I am assoc with this game is that I went to UT to college and BTK went to Wichita State, so it is me vs. BTK...except I want BTK's team to win for some reason.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 10:50 pm

yeah, today is definitely more boring so far. i was conflicted on duke since i picked em but like to see em lose too. my wife's dad went to UT so i can root for them. going to see ray davies tonight so i'll be catching up on the scores when i get home drunk!
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 10:54 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

You know you are one of the #1 ranked on the goner pool, right?

Man, BTK's boys tied me again!!!!! They (the Shockers) are actually a pretty good team. We saw them play Mich State during the season and knew they had some game.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 10:57 pm

tennessee better quit lolligagging around like a goddamned mexican debris removal crew, if they lose I am f-u-c-k-e-d.
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 11:08 pm

To whoever ends up winning this thing: have fun spending my $10, shithead.
Posted: Mar 19, 2006 3:45 am

I thought 'Bama would pull that off but noooooooooooooo! Now we have to watch one more game with that dork Farmar. The 'Zags will, I repeat, will win that game.

Sorry Martel.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 1:37 pm | Edited by: No Big Thing

Dear Big 10 Conference,

I know it was a rough weekend and you're still smarting this morning, but later this week we're going to need to sit down for a few minutes and evaluate our relationship. I don't expect perfection, but I do need to feel like you're putting forth your best effort. Perhaps you can assemble a list of action items that you feel will assist you in finding your way back to good standing as part of this team.

thanks,

No Big Thing

p.s. George Mason?
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 2:49 pm

George Mason! That shit is hilarious. I grew up around there, in fact I grew up just a couple miles away from George Mason's (the person) plantation. So I always think of GMU as one step above a community college. They must be dumping a lot of $$$ into their sports program.

Somehow I am tied for second place in that tournament thing right now, but I don't think it'll last.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 2:51 pm

I have a husband that is a massive Spartan fan who is defending George Mason's play--they do look pretty damn good. Or rather much better than I expected.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 3:07 pm

i definitely went with the wrong upset yesterday - GMU did look pretty darn good and NC State sucked!
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 4:40 pm

GO MEMPHIS!

Looked really damn good yesterday, esp. Allen, Carney and Dorsey. I am a nervous wreck. Hollis was laughing at me about it and I told him, "Look. I am used to looking at the NIT this time every year with my boys, not the Sweet 16!!!!" He got it them.

I am surprised the announcers have not picked up on how many more minutes Allen is playing the point and Washington Jr 2 guard, if he is in. And Washington Jr., BTW...needs to stop trying to jack up shit wily-nily and save the day. He is so annoying that way.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:00 pm

I like how the announcers called Allen a "monster". hehe. I just love that dude. Best post-game interview? Anderson with his adorable lisp and Andre with his South-Memphis drawl.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 6:28 pm

We didn't even get to see it!!!! Was it on CBS? They just switched it over to the UConn game. Wah. I keep hearing about the infamous lisp. Where did Andre go to high school? Did Shawne go to Hamilton HS?
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:08 pm

Andre went to Booket T Wash and Shawne went to Hamilton.
Coach Cal has a show on WREG w/ Greg Gaston every Sunday - Anderson does a segment each week with other players and the coaching staff and I swear, it's the cutest thing you ever saw!
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:09 pm

sorry to get all girlie.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:27 pm

And Washington Jr., BTW...needs to stop trying to jack up shit wily-nily and save the day. He is so annoying that way.

I've always really liked Darius, but this year he's definitely been a bit off. Especially the last half of the season.
I don't know, if I had to hear ad fucking nauseum every damned game about how I screwed up last year I might let it get to me too.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 7:37 pm

No kidding on DWash. Did you see all the hate mail the CA got after the piece they did on him and his new baby? All that nonsense about how he should be ashamed of having his kid out of wedlock. Ugh.
Think he'll go pro this draft?
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 8:06 pm

I actually think he started playing weird after that article came out. It was such a shame.
Last year he was pretty much the brightest spot on the team for me. He played hard, and looked like he loved the game.
I think he's had such a weird end of the season that he won't go pro this year.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 8:19 pm

all i know is that if i have to listen to one more jerk announcer talk about washington missing those damn freethrows in the game against louisville last year, i might have to go hunt them down. one mention in a game would be suffice, but noooooooo...*rolls eyes*

i don't think he'll go pro. he just isn't that good yet. he'd get so knocked around in the nba, that he really wouldn't be doing much but doing bench time.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 8:48 pm

Yeah I agree Elle, besides I think 19 is way too young to go pro.
Also, I would just like to say how happy I am to talk to other girls about hoops. Yea girls!
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 10:42 pm

Ryan keeps saying he hopes he does go pro b/c he is so into Andre Allen, but obviously Cal isn't hesitating to leave Allen in even with Dwash on the roster. He sees the truth. I like Wash too, but after I talked to Ryan AKA Mr. Basketball Encyclopedia, I saw the other side which is that the Tigers NEED more of the kinda point Andre plays; someone who can create for the other players as well as himself and control plays. DWash was/is not that guy. If he would settle into playing 2guard and not insisting on taking shots IMMEDIATELY, without even considering other options...he'll fill a great role on the team cos obviously, the dude can score.
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 10:43 pm

yay girls!

go tigers!

And yeah, that is fucked up about the "hate mail". Fuck that. What kind of idiots were writing this? The various bible thumpers around town?
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 3:41 pm

It WAS fucked up! It's disgraceful to tear down a young man like that when he's in such a vulnerable position. The article didn't glorify him or anything - it was just a birth announcement and talked about the challenges of being so young and having a kid, etc. But these letters that were published afterwords really infuriated me! Blah, blah out of wed-lock, blah blah immoral, and my favorite "Do you have any idea what it cost Memphians to support all of these illegitimate children? Why do you think people are moving out of Memphis?

Jerks.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

Yeah, that was really awful, and I felt so sorry for him. Calkins took a lot of heat for that story too, I believe. But, if I remember it right, the CA printed like a whole page of those nasty letters.

Cal put Darius on the point last year. I don't think that's what he came into U of M as?
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 3:54 pm

calkins' shawne williams piece was great, too.

dwash was/is a shooting guard that's learned to play the point. he's good but i don't know if he can go up against allen iverson.

lebron had to go pro early. he's younger than reddick & morrison. right now he would be singlehandedly destroying teams in the NCAA. but he's also a freak of nature & a seemingly amazingly mature kid.
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 4:12 pm

the CA printed like a whole page of those nasty letters.

How embarrassing to the city. I am not even there and I am cringing for these moralistic idiots who still have their foothold there. Blech. Why would the CA publish a page, though? What is that doing except creating controversy where there really is none...oh wait, anything for readership. That is the New Media Motto. Learning well from Fox News. Poor Calkins; seems like he tries to lift the team(s) up--this is in stark contrast to many media outlets who love to rip down their sports stars, even college ones.

And yeah, that is why dwash needs to go back to shooting guard but gets some smarts about the role at times. At least he hasn't gone all Sean Banks over this, however.
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 4:14 pm

Go Tigers!
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 5:44 pm

Has Chevy lost their minds? They hire Mike Kryzevski to pimp their trucks during the NCAA tournament, when he's the most hated coach in the country. Most annoying commercials of the tournament.
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 6:04 pm

Don't get me started. The Coach K debate flies fast & furious within my household.

Anyway, Chevy is such an UN-Coach K kind of product, so yeah, they need to go with someone else.
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 6:26 pm

The Coach K debate flies fast & furious within my household.

Somone in your household defends this prick?!? He does win, so I give him some credit. But, his army bootcamp methods of breaking players down and then building them back up are shit. I read an article where he told one of his players, perhaps Redick, that he didn't deserve to win the national title one year when they were in the Final Four. Hey Coach K, maybe YOU didn't deserve to win the title that year, cocksucker! 100% Napoleonic complex.
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 6:37 pm

I try to avoid any talk of Duke except "God I hate those fuckers" but yes, though my husband also hates Duke, he has that "level of respect" for their coach's winning ways. I don't. I am a hater of the highest order when it comes to Duke. I guess I can say I like Coach K better than I like Duke, but that is akin to saying, "I like Cici's pizza buffet better than Izzy's." By the way, I hate both.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 12:09 am

The Madness continues!!!! Any of you gals out there have a Sweet 16 party?
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 12:27 am

I'm content with where I am. So far Pittsburgh is the only team that has royally screwed me.

Go Gators!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 12:31 am

"So far Pitt..."

I hear ya, brother. I had 'em going to the Final Four.

LSU is hanging with Duke half way through the first half. The purple and gold are athletic. Coach K sounded irked with Big Baby Davis in yesterday's press conference.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 12:44 am

So, kevinkkk, how was it?
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 12:50 am

LSU is playing some street ball, throwing away as many passes as they are getting assists. Can't believe they're winning.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 1:01 am

U of M and Bradley are pretty close. Run and gun ball, it's pretty fun to watch.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 1:06 am

EVerytime I look at the LSU game they are totally streetballed out, which naturally is going to freak out a Duke team. Don't be surprised if LSU pulls out of this one if they can stay out of foul trouble.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 1:58 am

LSU has a player named Magnum Rolle because his mom liked Tom Selleck! I love it.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 2:29 am

Duck Fuke!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 2:35 am

So who was the mad genius who has LSU in their Final Four?

I HATE DUKE!!! That was awesome! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! When McRoberts fouled out, that was just the most classic bitchass face of all time. Bye bye Cameron Idiots. We now have our tourney back.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 2:36 am

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

I knew Bradley could not hang in the end! Memphis, y'all gots to believe.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 2:56 am

I do believe, I do believe...
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 3:03 am

My tourney life is now on the line with Texas. Hook 'em Horns!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 3:48 am

Good thing "Aldridge is just ABUSING Pittsnoggle" (my husband has said this twice in two minutes).

Gonzaga is KILLING UCLA. I kinda knew it would be this way. There is a lot of time, but Gonzaga is tough to put down when they are determined.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 4:20 am | Edited by: No Big Thing

My bracket is already way busted, but having picked LSU over Duke (and for a Final Four spot) makes it all OK.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 5:09 am

Heartbreaker for Pittsnoggle (you know he named his baby 'Kwynsie'???)...and it looks like Gonzaga will be playing Memphis Saturday. We can (and have) beat them, but I am not going to think about it until the game is on and I see what is happening.

GO TIGERS!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 5:10 am

Those last 6.5 seconds really made for a great ending to the Texas-WVU game.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 5:13 am

Kwynsie? And the reasoning behind that is? I remember seeing an interview with him and his then pregnant wife during last year's tournament and that definitely helps make a little sense of it for me...but wow.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 5:31 am | Edited by: No Big Thing

Damn, I lost track of how many times Gonzaga gave the game away in the last minute. Good for UCLA; I liked Gonzaga but to just crumble like that is sad.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 6:40 am

bitches.

memphis rules their bases are ours bitches.

UCLA sucks. \

can i mention in this thread that the grizz have won 5 straight? and this last one WITHOUT JAKE! ren stepped up!

go tigers! go grizz!

my bracket is buzzzzzzzzzzzted.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 12:21 pm

Good thing I fell asleep early. I would have majorly sweated Texas and UCLA. My Final 4 is still alive.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 2:59 pm

I'm assuming everyone means the LSU tigers when they say "Go tigers"

It would be so great to have tigers vs. tigers in the final four.

I can't believe my stupid ass didn't pick LSU over Duke. I fucking work for LSU.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 3:03 pm

and somehow I'm tied for first, bitches!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 3:16 pm

Yeah---that is why they call it March Madness!

I was still a little sad for our diabetic friend Morrison this AM, because UCLA???? Choking to fucking UCLA? Ugh. Ugh-ly.

Let's take it to these wussy LA bitches, MEMPHIS! Farmar? No!

(And all my Tigers are for Memphis. Martel, sorry--but thank y'all for beating Duke, even if it was the final nail in my bracket!!!!)
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 5:00 pm

Ah-HEM. Another buried article. This time in the NY Times. Go ahead. Ignore us.

Unknown No Longer, Memphis Marches On

By PETE THAMEL
Published: March 24, 2006

OAKLAND, Calif., March 23 Heading into its Round of 16 game against Bradley, Memphis reigned as the great unknown in this N.C.A.A. tournament.

The Tigers are a collection of lanky, athletic players. Some of them like Rodney Carney, Darius Washington Jr. and Shawne Williams may have long careers in the N.B.A.

But after winning laughers against No. 16-seeded Oral Roberts and No. 9-seeded Bucknell in the opening two rounds and compiling a 13-1 record in the watered-down Conference USA, Memphis had not truly been tested.

And after toying with No. 13-seeded Bradley for a half Thursday night, the top-seeded Tigers (33-3) showcased their superior collection of talent in the second half to pull away to an 80-64 victory in the Oakland Regional semifinals. And they remain an untested mystery in making it to the Round of Eight for the first time since 1992.

On Saturday, they will play second-seeded U.C.L.A. for a spot in the Final Four in Indianapolis. The Bruins rallied to beat third-seeded Gonzaga, 73-71, in Thursday's late game.

"I'm worried about my team, and I'm worried about how we're playing," Memphis Coach John Calipari said. "I respect everybody we play. They all scare me to death."

The Tigers' fans not only enjoyed this cakewalk, but they found the time to chant "L.S.U., L.S.U." at the end of fourth-seeded Louisiana State's upset victory against top-seeded Duke in the Atlanta Regional semifinals. That chant came well after Memphis' game had been settled, as Carney led the Tigers with 23 points and Washington added 18. Marcellus Sommerville scored 18 points, shooting 4 for 13, to lead Bradley, whose center, Patrick O'Bryant, finished with 14 rebounds but scored just 8 points.

"Every player they brought in was just as athletic as the last one," O'Bryant said. "I think that presented us with a lot of problems."

But these Tigers still showed signs that they could self-destruct. They shot 2 for 5 from the free-throw line in the first half, and Joey Dorsey picked up a technical foul for screaming in the face of Bradley's Lawrence Wright in the second. The Tigers also bit on virtually every Bradley pump fake, pogo-sticking into the air at the hint of a shot attempt.

The Tigers can do things athletically that most teams cannot do. And that was summed up in a fast-break sequence with a little more than 11 minutes remaining in the second half. Carney missed a dunk, which was followed by a Dorsey rebound and another missed dunk. Carney simply snared that missed dunk and slammed the ball home to give the Tigers a 12-point lead.

Bradley never threatened after that. The Braves' frustrations boiled over in the final minutes, with Coach Jim Les picking up a technical foul, a sign that his team's magical spurt had run out of gas.

Bradley (22-11) entered the game as the most surprising success story in this N.C.A.A. tournament. Picked to finish sixth in the Missouri Valley Conference in the preseason, the Braves' run marked the program's first appearance in the Round of 16 since 1955.

But Thursday night, Bradley looked overwhelmed and overmatched. The Braves fell behind by 7-0 and looked tight and tentative, shooting quickly to avoid Memphis' long-armed defenders and often coming up short.

There are numerous underdog stories of teams in the N.C.A.A. tournament that fall behind in the first few minutes and never recover. But to Bradley's credit, Les called a timeout, and the Braves settled down on offense and had the game tied with 4 minutes 33 seconds remaining in the half. And they did it with limited time from their leading scorer, Sommerville, who was saddled with two fouls and played just nine minutes in the first half.

Les said: "That was an awfully good basketball team we played. There's a reason that they're the third-ranked team in the country and the No. 1 seed. We needed to play our A game in order to win this game. We didn't play our A game."

Despite bursting out early to take the lead and then reclaiming it late in the first half, Memphis never looked smooth offensively. Nine of the Tigers' 15 first-half field goals were either dunks or layups, an indicator that their physical superiority mattered more than team play.

Bradley stayed in the game early because of O'Bryant, who grabbed 11 first-half rebounds and kept Memphis from dominating inside.

But by early in the second half, the game was no longer in doubt. The only question that lingered was when these Tigers would be tested in the 2006 postseason.

"We're going to be prepared for any team, a low or a high seed," Williams said. "I feel like every team is getting tested. We're in the Sweet 16; you better go out and play well."
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 5:51 pm

When McRoberts fouled out, that was just the most classic bitchass face of all time.

And how! It may have fucked up my bracked, but watching those pretty boy Dukies freak out over the athleticism of LSU was priceless.

Adam Morrison acted like a big pussy at the end of his game, god love him. He'll be living that down for years in the NBA.

Fuck UCLA
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 5:58 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I think Adam Morrison is autistic or has Asperger's or something. I can't really be embarrassed of his reaction just seeing how much of his heart and soul he has put into that team and this season. I mean, shit. If Rodney Carney wasn't a damn robot, we would see similar emotions from him...oh yeah, but we won't because we are going to put UCLA DOWN. Fuck those guys. They are the Duke of the West Coast. They just haven't had a decent team in awhile.

I really was thinking how focused and unemotional Rodney Carney is...and he gets damned for that!!!!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:06 pm

Hate to bust your bubble, fiery, but men aren't supposed to fly into a convulsive sob at mid-court. Thaey damn sure aren't supposed to lay there rolling around like a kid with a tummy ache. Tears of frustration? Fine. Stand up and let them flow. Going all fetal thumbsucker like you just saw your whole family die when in fact it is just a basketball game? Unacceptable. Adam Morrison- you are a bitch, sir.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:30 pm

I think he is an Asperger's Syndrome-having bitch then. He is not some normal guy freaking out; he is a bit...odd. He ain't a fool to cry. I mean, I'd laugh if it were JJ Reddick or Farmar or someone truly hateable, but Adam Morrison? Nah. I felt a little twinge of sorry for him.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:38 pm

Sorry he didn't take his licks like he had a pair.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:38 pm

funny bit on the morning sport show this a.m. some reporter who has been talking to GMs about upcoming pro prospects had this:

What do they call trash-talking white kids in the NBA?

Lunch.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:42 pm

Nice!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:54 pm

I think Adam Morrison is autistic or has Asperger's

He looked downright freaky in the post-game picture I saw--bug eyed, skinny teeth, pale as a ghost. He should have saved his dignity-stripping antics for the locker room, or done what a man should do--push his emotions as far down towards his toes as possible and let 'em explode at a later date.

I'm all for Memphis handing UCLA their dicks. I'd really like to see someone cut Farmar's legs out from under him on a lay up. Where's Jon Chaney when you need to send in some goons?!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 7:55 pm

?Asperger's Syndrome-having bitch

From an AS site:
Persons with AS show marked deficiencies in social skills, have difficulties with transitions or changes and prefer sameness. They often have obsessive routines and may be preoccupied with a particular subject of interest. They have a great deal of difficulty reading nonverbal cues (body language) and very often the individual with AS has difficulty determining proper body space. Often overly sensitive to sounds, tastes, smells, and sights, the person with AS may prefer soft clothing, certain foods, and be bothered by sounds or lights no one else seems to hear or see.
Should he even be playing basketball, then? Not bein' heartless, just sayin'...
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 8:30 pm

Please don't get a woman started on "what a man should do". Really. A worthless debate.

As far as the AS, he just LOOKS like a lot of kids I know that have that disorder. A lot of them aren't as sensitive and weird as that description, but are weird nonetheless. And they are all obsessive and intense. There are variations and this is a TV diagnosis, so it is meaningless.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 9:45 pm

farmar looks like ben affleck with alfred newman ears glued onto his head.

go tigers go. fuck up some ucla.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:05 pm

farmar looks like ben affleck with alfred newman ears glued onto his head.

HA!!!!!

If only I could have verbalized this in my vodka-stilled brain when I was pointing at him on TV last night. All I could say was, "...ears...ugggggggh...."
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:11 pm

We got a dog from the SPCA a few months ago. His name was Dude, but neither the missus nor I liked that name. We didn't want to confuse the dog, so we unwittingly switched his name to...Duke. Doh! We should have changed it to something less offensive, like Anal Rape.

Please don't get a woman started on "what a man should do". Really. A worthless debate.

Whoa, I guess that's why they call you "fiery"! I was just messin' around!!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:15 pm

I think that read more fiery than I was being at that time...but still, a worthless debate, don't you agree? That conversation is always ugly. Esp. when you are basically asking men to be neanderthals in the year 2006. Just sayin'!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:20 pm

a worthless debate, don't you agree?

Agreed. Oh, by the way...

FUCK UCLA!!!! It just feels good saying that.
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 11:47 pm

I am just hoping some of the Gonzaga faithful stay in Oakland and go to the game...we are gonna need fans up in there. If only people in Oakland would see that Oakland is much more similar to memphis than LA and go the game!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 1:10 am

Neanderthal? No. This is pure logic. You maintain your composure, you exit the arena, and mourn in private. It's actually more respectful of everybody's time, and helps the overall movement of things. It's not macho, it's effective and considerate.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 1:14 am

Tony Skinn. The porn name of the NCAA Tournament.

And I hear you a little on the weeping at athletic events, grouch, but it might help if the camera didn't get all up in your business when you break down. Really now. That was the most offensive thing to me; when he fell apart and the camera got all close and just hung on him WAY too long. Go over to those ugly UCLA boys and shoot their celebration. I know it is the way "they do", but that is the only reason the majority of the world perceived it that way b/c it was the choice the media gave us.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 1:38 am

Let's talk about something important. How bad is BC shitting the bed right now?
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 1:43 am

That is a little effed about them lingering on him so long, but he was putting on the best show.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 2:06 am

i couldn't believe my eyes when gonzaga lost last night. when they showed adam morrison crying while the game was still on i was shocked beyond belief. and the fetal positon overdramatics at half court at games end was too much for me to take. no real fucking 70's guy would have done that. they would have showered, split and got high and laid in their customized van. big letdown.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 3:00 am

Go Gators!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 3:44 am

OK, this is the last I will say about Morrison: I watched him play all year b/c we live in his time zone and Gonzaga hoops are big here , he was great and the crying shit? Big fucking deal. Actually, it fit right in with him and was no surprise if you actually had watched his game past the highlight reel and hype. His whole stashe, 70's guy in a van shit is a schtick that I doubt he even recognized. He is a 20-21 year old KID from Spokane thrown into a media hell. I hope he comes back as he obviously loves being a kid playing college hoops. It'll never be worth a tear again.

So, yes, bigger and better topics. FUCK Nova. Though I kinda like them. And look at this...the Huskies are beating the other Huskies!

FUCK UCLA! GO TIGERS!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 5:46 am

Oh, Morrison is so sweet. I don't know about Aspergers, or whatever. You know, the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat. I'm sorry I was asleep at the crying moment. I'm not real into the "be a guy" thing. I think it's great he collapsed. He's a mysterious, strange guy. I'm all for it.
But, I'm glad we're not playing him tomorrow.

[i]FUCK UCLA! GO TIGERS![/i
Hell yeah.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 7:07 am

Go Gators!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 3:10 pm

Sorry Kevin e. We do not like the Gators in this home.

GO TIGERS!

Digger Phelps says that UCLA is too well-coached and that Farmar and that other really hideous player they have are too much the leaders and will lead their team over the Tigers, regardless of Rodney Carney.

Whatevs.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 4:32 pm

eat my dust, dirtbags!!! I am #1 for TWO days in a row!!!

anyone read Calkin's genius story in the CA today about a young Shawne Williams wanting a Tigers jersey so bad he plucked one from a garbage dumpster? brilliant stuff!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 5:32 pm | Edited by: drunken noodle

eat my dust, dirtbags!!! I am #1 for TWO days in a row!!!

prepare to go down. it's drunken noodle time!
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 5:33 pm

So it is you, drunken noodle and Martel?

What if there is a tie in percentages? Draw straws? Name in a hat?
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 8:38 pm

I'm lurking in 8th but with 720 possible points on the board. Only Andria has that many left or even close. And what's to hate about UF? I can see hating UCLA, but I don't think we have that kind of reputation.
Posted: Mar 25, 2006 9:28 pm

Eh. The Gators have an annoying factor to them that I cannot explain. The coach is despicable. But I do like the Noah kid. But you are right, they don't approach UCLA or Duke in the hateable category. At least not yet!!!!

I don't like any Florida teams which will really be a killer if I am living there! I guess I can say I liked Tampa Bay Buccs when they won in the Superbowl a few years ago...but the Gators, 'Noles, Hurricanes? UGH.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 12:06 am

Quote of the tournament.

Big Baby:

"We got tapeworms in our bellies"
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 12:08 am

Here we go!!!!!

Let's make this Tigers vs. Tigers, y'all!!!!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 1:47 am

Come ON, Tigers!!! Put the screws to these soft, SoCal pretty boys. I'm starting to sweat this 36-29.

GO TIGERS!!!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 1:53 am

And what's to hate about UF?

Two words: Billy Donovan! The dude is slimy. That said, I got 'em in my Final Four, so bring on the slime.

How about Big Baby dancin' with a gold feather boa after the LSU victory?! As David Letterman might say, "Gay as a French horn."
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:08 am

Thank Cultural on your comments re: Billy D. Disgusting, disgusting man.

Tigers. I am horrifed but still hopeful. I took off my vintage memphis state tee and put on a totally neutral J Crew forest green pima cotton pullover. I think that shirt is bad luck.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:12 am

This is just painful.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:23 am

My pops is a preacher and I'm prayin' like hell. 1:51 left. Our Father, who art in heaven... I'll take any help we can get. Come on, Tigers!

Billy D. Disgusting, disgusting man.

I'm drunk, so I can't remember exactly where B. Donovan coached or played (I wanna say Providence), but I've had a strong dislike for him for a long time. Total creep.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:29 am

This has been ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I mean, UCLA wasn't even playing well and we still find a way to lose. There is still like 30 seconds left and we just changed the channel because I will not watch Bill Walton lead some gay ass cheer for that shite team.

Tigers. You CHOKED! Damn!!!! Seriously--why?????

GO LSU--fuck these pussies up. Someone from the South has to come correct.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:33 am

Both teams played like shit--50 to 45? That's like the score of a high school basketball game.

FUCK UCLA!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:40 am

That just hurt my feelings. I promise I won't watch next year. Sorry guys, I couldn't help it; I had to watch.
This year, I vow to not watch another Grizzlies, Tigers, or Redskins game. If you need someone to lose, Holler. I'll watch the game.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:42 am

It was the worst game I have ever seen since Bank of West Memphis lost to Turrell Auto Parts in the West Memphis Girls Club tourney 1981. About the same score too.

God. FUCK THAT.

Anyway, onto guiltless love for Big Baby and the LSU Tigers!!!!

GO (LSU) TIGERS!

And to Memphis Tigers, thank you for providing your fans with an entire two hours worth of footage for ESPN to take "choke moments" to set to sad music next season: "Last season's Elite 8 game was a defining moment for a young Shawne Williams and Memphis upstart Andre Allen. Their season of glorious soaring highs was brought to a crashing, ugly low in the bright California sun..."
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:45 am

Two words: Billy Donovan! The dude is slimy.

Calipari is off the charts on the slime meter! I actually have UF losing in my bracket tomorrow but my heart is drinking the kool aid.

And ugly game but Howland is a great coach. I trusted him to come through in a situation like this. LSU looks really tough.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:55 am

First place! If only for a night...
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 3:04 am

The depression gets worse. Thank god I have lots of vodka on hand.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 3:38 am

yeah, LSU!

well, none of my final four picks made it. So I'm out of this thing. but at least LSU is in it. Big baby!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 3:48 am

No doubt. BIG BABY!

Before the Memphis game when Big Baby was talking to the media, I was like, "Oh man. I found a new guy! I love him!" Ryan said, "Hang on, you might have to play them." I jinxed the Tigers. Sorry guys.

GO BIG BABY! WAH!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 3:49 am

Calipari is off the charts on the slime meter!

But he redeamed himself with loads of self-depricating pre-game talk...too bad it turned out to be true. Plus, he's nowhere near as slimy as he used to be (is Calipari the former Providence coach???). Now he's kinda bloated.

I'm spacing, but does Florida play UConn? Should be a good game. Gotta go w/ the bracket at this point.

Go UCONN! Aw, fuck it...go LSU!!!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 4:57 am

First place! If only for a night...

hey kevin - we've both got 440 left on the board now. ironically, florida winning helps me!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 3:32 pm

(is Calipari the former Providence coach???)

Umass. Pitino was coach at Providence when Donovan was there.

I'm spacing, but does Florida play UConn?

If both win today they play in the Final Four.

hey kevin - we've both got 440 left on the board now. ironically, florida winning helps me!

Ironically, Florida winning today hurts my bracket. I picked them to go all the way last year and thet seriously burned me so I tried to be impartial this year and they might just win it.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 5:42 pm

I'll be back from my high roller's vacation on April 10. Go UCLA! ?
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 9:16 pm

Mike Anderson from UAB just took Quinn Fitzgerald's old job at Mizzou...so now UAB is w/o their awesome coach.

GMU is in this UCONN game--GET those bitches!
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:57 pm | Edited by: No Big Thing

WHOA! I thought I was eliminated long ago, but if LSU makes it to the finals I may well still have a shot.

Being stuck at work away from the tournament sucks.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 11:06 pm

These refs are all over Villanova's jocks! Fuck this.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 11:37 pm

Feb 8th, 1992 I had been on acid for three days in a row, and took about 15 hits on this the third day. A dude had held us up earlier in the evening in Alexandria, and I finally fall apart in the hallway of a George Mason dormitory and cannot walk or talk but just drool catatonically and teh next day the 9th wake up in the dorm room of a girl with the unfortunate last name of "Seaman". I always just figured that would be my weirdest memory of George Mason University, shows how much I knew. This is much weirder, GO PATRIOTS.
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Well, I can watch again after the travesty/tragedy of last night with the Tigers. I'm going for LSU, but George Mason sure is fun.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 12:28 am | Edited by: kevin e

My bracket is now officially toast but Go Gators!!! Final Four baby!!!
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 2:19 am

Wow. Check out the front page of espn.com right now. Headline is a nod to Spinal Tap; "This One Goes To 11" referring to GMU. What a surreal tournament. I want a Patriots-Tigers championship and I want Big Baby to wipe the floor with Mason.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 2:39 am

Can Schmatt's last post be the Post of the Week, PLEASE????????

Holy shit, man, I never knew you had it in you. Just like George Mason!
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 2:56 am

I met a trashy 14 year old Dale City slut in a George Mason dorm room once. She gave me a handjob the following day. I think this was '97 or '98.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:13 am

Dear George Mason,
"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, you had to walk into mine."

Signed,
a Spartan
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 3:08 pm

Mike Anderson from UAB just took Quinn Fitzgerald's old job at Mizzou...so now UAB is w/o their awesome coach.

Quin Snyder, dude. Respect.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 4:09 pm

I have always referred to this idiot as Quinn Fitzgerald since seeing him with that 1920's backcombed Gatsby-cut on the bench at Duke as one of Coach K's cronies. Zero respect.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:32 pm

all i have to say is "weirdest ncaa tournament EVER".

the end.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 5:39 pm

I have always referred to this idiot as Quinn Fitzgerald since seeing him with that 1920's backcombed Gatsby-cut on the bench at Duke as one of Coach K's cronies. Zero respect.

Well why didn't you say so? He has the worst hair ever. If I'd known your post was a Duke slam, I would have understood.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 7:29 pm

You know, I think it was a total Freudian slip cos why would anyone be able to make that weird of a stretch--he hasn't been at Duke forever, though he still tries to rock that Golden Boy haristyle and he is a bloated old joke.
Posted: Mar 27, 2006 8:36 pm

C'mon LSU!!! One more win for back-to-back Goner tourney victories!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 2:11 am

Also known as Andrew McCarthy's stunt double.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 9:34 pm

At least Gonzaga didn't choke completely till the last few minutes...I'm not even sure LSU knew where they were at any point last night.

Congratulations to the Goner with the prescience to pick UCLA last night...enjoy the shopping spree!
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 9:37 pm

Fuck both the Bruins and the Gators--what a boring Final game. I won't be watching. See ya next year, college hoops.

Speaking with me about the NBA may commence.
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 10:24 pm

NBA? Pfft!

It's all about baseball from here on out for me.

Till football starts anyways.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 12:13 am

I won't be paying attention to baseball until October. I am miserable after the NBA playoffs, unless there is tennis on, until football starts.
Posted: Apr 3, 2006 12:32 am

Did the Redskins win?
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 2:37 am

Off to see River City Tanlines

GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
GO GATORS!!!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 4:23 am

This game blows. If the announcer mentions long arms again, I'm gonna puke.
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:07 am

chomp
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 7:59 am

Suck it Vols!!!
Posted: Apr 4, 2006 6:09 pm

What a boring Final Four! The Tourney was so excitin until then, too. Well as an SEC school graduate I guess I am OK with FLA winning. NC State is going to try to get George Mason's coach after their big run in the tourney.
Noah has a pre-Morrison moustache.
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 2:30 pm

Just got back to civilization. So, did I win or something?
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®