Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Message from the Front Lines of the GBH concert last night
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 11:42 pm

British Invasion was fucking RUINED. RUINED.

It all started when some fucking Nazi skinheads started saluting and shit and they started chanting "White Power!" and allt his other shit. The punks got pissed off at that and there was fighting and someone got stabbed.
So, the police were called and like 10 cops walked in and tried to stop it. They started setting off tear gas and smoke bombs.
I was inside watching bands when this happened, but once I smelled the smoke, I went outside and started to watch.
Another dude got stabbed and the cops started like tazering people and setting off more smoke bombs and tear gas. And all the punks were chanting "FUCK WHITE POWER" over and over again.
We walked closer to get a better view and then people started retaliating towards the cops. They were throwing bottles at them and throwing huge trash cans at them and some of the cops were bleeding. They tried to keep their cool and just stand there but then they set off another tear gas thing and it went straight into my eyes and my throat and I couldn't see or breathe and I had to lean on my friends Marty and Bryan so they could help me.
Everyone started running at that point and we ran too but we stopped a little ways away to see if there was any chance of this thing being ended, but we soon found out that nothing like that was gonna happen. People started fucking stampeding towards us and a fucking RIOT started.
People were throwing trashcans, smashing picnic tables, throwing beer bottles everywhere, smashing windows, and running wild. We fucking booked it.
As we were running, there were punks that had gotten on top of the cop cars and they were fucking smashing the lights and the windows. There was stuff flying everywhere hitting everyone and other cars in the parking lot. There were cops everywhere and helicopters flying above us.
The cops busted out their nightsticks and were trying to beat people off the cars with them. I heard that one girl was beating on a cop car and a cop fucking bashed her again and again and people could hear her ribs fucking break.
We ran so fast but we didn't know where half of our friends were. Marty was freaked so he made us just get in his car and get out of there. We went across the street to a parking lot to call everyone to make sure people were okay. Our friend Jen was stuck in the bathroom. We were so fucking scared.
Then the riot started spreading outside the Orange Pavilion and people started looting stores, throwing flaming trashcans, setting trees on fire, fucking up fast-food restaurants.. it was insane.
We got out of there as fast as we could back to our hotel. None of our friends were hurt, thank god.
Two people died last night [the two that got stabbed].
It was fucking horrible.
And I didn't even get to fucking see ANY OF THE BANDS I PAID FOR.
NO VICE SQUAD. NO GBH. NO ADICTS.
Fuck that.
Fuck last night.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 12:12 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5B1DSICjgqU

footage from a bunch of these MENSA types trashing a jack in the box.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 12:15 am

Bummer! I checked Google News and they have a bunch of articles about it.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 12:29 am

another one

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 2:58 pm

Fuck last night.
Last night. Shit I thought it was 20 years ago??
NO VICE SQUAD. NO GBH. NO ADICTS.
Sounds OK to me. Although I think Beki Bondage had the original mohican pubes going on.
I did hear something about Wattie getting his ass kicked onstage in Mexico a few years back. That I'd like to see on youtube...
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 3:26 pm

Punk rock ist nicht tot!
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 4:27 pm

Then the riot started spreading outside the Orange Pavilion and people started looting stores, throwing flaming trashcans, setting trees on fire, fucking up fast-food restaurants..

Is this punk or what ? It pisses me off when people like that think they're punk because they can loot a store (that has nothin' to do with that skin/punk fight) or start molesting cops who were probably there because some hooligans had their own stoopid idea of fun. In the end them coppers didn't stab anyone OK?

Glad this punk is dead (up here)
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 4:28 pm

Cops should have used Zyklon-B
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 4:36 pm

Man, do the cops realize how many awful new political punk bands they helped jumpstart that night? It's like the swimming pool scene in "Gremlins."
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 4:57 pm

Man, do the cops realize how many awful new political punk bands they helped jumpstart that night? It's like the swimming pool scene in "Gremlins."

"I was there at the BI2K6 Riot! I was there against the nazi scum! I was there at the BI2K6 Riot! The cops got me with a tazer gun!"

See, I can be their Phil Spector and shit.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:30 pm

i had to look up that zyklon-b reference.

good 'un.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 9:47 pm

nah, just teasin' some streetpunk
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 10:56 pm

According to the local new the band that was playing was, 2K6. What dumb fucks. They didn't realize that was the year and not the band.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®