Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / V for Vendetta
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 6:11 am

...looks AWESOME!

And Natalie Portman is H-O-T!!!!
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 6:31 am

oh my god, I've been ranting else where about this for months
she is such a fucking hot bad actress. Didn't Alan Moore disown this. Fucking hot Natalie. Damn it, my husbands girlfriend looks like a thirty year old Carrie Fisher. I want Natalie too, but she is a bad actress. She really is. Oh hear comes the Professional or whatever the hell the director's cut is called discussion:
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 11:10 am

Ummm...no. Let's talk about you, your husband, and his girlfriend.
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 1:55 pm

Ummm...no. Let's talk about you, your husband, and his girlfriend.

Too vague. Let's focus more on just you and his girlfriend. Now...
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 4:43 pm

all Alan Moore movie adaptations have been horrible. dont expect much from this one either.
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 6:30 pm

Remember the Swampthing with Heather Locklear. That was the first work inspired by one of Moores comics. League of extraordinary gentlemen was a steaming pile of crap. Moore had to go to court over that movie because whoever wrote the script plagarized another script floating around. Can't say I blame him for being angry about this one. I didn't mind From Hell, but Moore seems to hate it. My only complaint was that Heather Grahmm was too attractive to be a 19th century prostitute. He seemed to hate Johnny Depp from what I've read. Oh yeah, and he was the creator of Constantine, modeled after Sting not Ted Theodore Logan.

Long story short, I don't know if I'll be seeing V for Vendetta. A little conflicted at the moment.

Christ, I hope they never make a Watchmen movie.
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 6:37 pm

The first Swamp Thing movie was with Adrienne Barbeau - and was inspired by Bernie Wrightson's take on the book - before Moore.....much darker than the H.Locklear sequel, which came about after Moore's awesome run on the revived series in the 80s....(excuse while I nerd out) ....I don't even wanna talk about Constantine....what a travesty...but I hear Keanu is a big comic fan & he's probably the only reason it got made in the first place....Hellboy was pretty good...not great...but acceptable....Rom Perlman was perfect....costumes & monsters were perfect....

damn I'm a dork.
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 8:37 pm

man, i often wonder what a Watchman movie directed by Terry Gilliam would have been like if it could have gotten the nod decades ago.

Anybody ever heard any of Moore's music? I've seen photos of him and the bauhus bass player rocking out/howling at the moon. wonder if that is any good.
Was Gaimans mirrormask any good?
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 5:55 pm

Was Gaimans mirrormask any good?

Visually it was absolutely amazing and makes it worth watching. The story is pretty lame and boring so just pretend it doesn't have one. Also the soundtrack sounded like Kenny G and Bjork collaborated to make something unlistenable. Fuck I wish the theater would have had a mute button.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 6:22 pm

Speaking of Natalie Portman -

she says to suck her dick...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhafzW7mY64
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 6:58 pm

I believe Alan Moore insisted that they remove his name from every piece of publicity for this movie- not a good sign. From Hell was a steaming pile o crap compared to the written version & he still let them use his name. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I have to agree with backslider on Mirrormask- the story & music majorly sucked. But the visuals were jawdropping- let's hope Dave McKean tries again!

They could never ever do the Watchmen justice (not even Gilliam)- I hope it's never attempted. Tho I do wonder if an animated version could be cool?
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 7:01 pm

I'll go see V nonetheless. Natalie is so monotone & flatlined most of the time (except for the SNL gangsta rap - which was killer) but she's so easy on the eyes it's hard to resist. They'll prolly completely ruin the story and have lots of big splosions.

Mirrormask was really cool. I agree the plot was thin & kinda goofy and the soundtrack was fucking HORRIBLE (Portishead meets fretless bass new age - barf!). But it totally looked like Dave McKean's art - especially in the Black Queen's "lair". Really really visually pleasing - if you like his art.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:02 pm

I'm hoping it's gonna be good. Pulled out the trade for atleast a fifth reread. Really wanna see 'Mirrormask.'
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 3:23 am

Saw it tonight.

It's a big pile of smelly poo.

Couldn't even make it all the way through.

Do yourself a favor. Save your money.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 1:36 pm

Seriously, it's "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" bad.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 3:24 pm

Did you read the interview with ALan Moore in Sunday's NY Times? A very pissed off man who took his name off everything sold to Hollywood.

Natalie is cute as hell, but yeah, TERRIBLE "actresss".
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 4:02 pm

She is a bad actress (star wars??)

Just found out they're making another Neil Gaiman movie ("Stardust") starring Robert Deniro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Sienna Miller, and Claire Danes. The book's good and has potential to be a great movie, I think.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 4:20 pm

I would have rather scene Stardust as animation. There is a lot weird stuff that they will have to use CG for and sometimes that just comes off cheesy. If they can pull it off, that will be a very interesting movie.
Posted: Mar 14, 2006 4:34 pm

True. I can't think of a film that CG has improved. Give me Star Wars cardboard cutout crowds any day.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:24 am

I really was hoping that Moore was wrong about this one, that it wasn't going to be a complete piece of trash, but he was right. They had a complete set of storyboards that made a great story, but instead numerous silly changes were made to try to make the story more concise. Evie was no longer a teenage prostitute on her first night out, in the beginning, but now works for the television station. That sort of thing. It's not like 30 years of comicbook history needed to be compressed to help the story make sense. The comic was 12 issues long. No need to twist one of my all time favorite stories into a
pathetic mockery of itself, but they did it anyway.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:04 am

Evie was no longer a teenage prostitute on her first night out, in the beginning, but now works for the television station.
That's huge and stupid, that was part of the intense sense of desperation that the book was about. Did they at least have any of the scenes recreated, like V standing in the doorway in front of the fire. And yaeh, who plays V, Lord Elron or something. I'll probably rent it, but no way I'm paying theater prices to see that shit. Uck.
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:30 am

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 1:28 pm

l
standing in the doorway in front of the fire?

Yes, that was there, but he was apparently burned quite badly as his hands are shown to be horribly scarred during a humorous breakfast scene.

This bothered me too. Part of what made the original special to me was that there was never any idea who V was. Black or white. Evie had ideas, but decided in the end not to look at his face.

And the leaders last name was inexplicably changed from "Susan" to something a little more masculine I suppose.

Just small changes that changed a masterpiece into a piece of crap.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®