Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / New Little Killers
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:53 pm

Just got the test pressing, I'm real happy with it. Should be out in a month. -Andy
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:56 pm

Who's releasing it? Vice? HEE-HAWW!!! No, really...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:57 pm

cool!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:03 pm

Gern Blandsten. Vice. I saw that coming 10 miles ago.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:06 pm

Yeah I know... I blew my wad on Wednesday. What's a Gern Blandsten. That a label? There's gonna be vinyl? Little Killers are always in TTWTH set lists.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:10 pm

Gern Blandsten

pretty cool label....good luck
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:11 pm

That's a weird label for them to be on, but whatever. Gern Blandsten was putting out emo records back when emo was still emo. They did those kind of bands and also sorta post-hardcore stuff. What's next, The Tearjerkers on Dischord?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:14 pm

Yes sir, it'll be out on vinyl. Thats what I heard this morning , I don't think they make test pressings for cd. Anyhow, Gern is a lable that's run by my friend Charles. He was in the band Rorshcach. He puts out a lot of records that you (Joe) wouldn't like. But you'll like ours.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:17 pm

It's spelled Rorschach. I can't type and I can't spell anymore.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:22 pm

He puts out a lot of records that you (Joe) wouldn't like.

You don't know what I like! Apparently I/m the only Eagles fan around here. Besides closet Eagles fan Paddy Bullocks.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:28 pm

Congratulations. I can't wait to hear it.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:29 pm

That's true, I felt kinda bad saying that after it was posted. Go out and buy all the records on Gern, give 'em a shot. Rorschach were great, anybody remember them. They toured a lot. Born Against? Anybody?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:30 pm

Thanks Grant.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:30 pm

Apparently I/m the only Eagles fan around here

Actually, I really like the Eagles, but only the pre-Joe Walsh years.

Any plans for west coast touring with this record Andy?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:31 pm

Just wait til next time I see you Im gonna kick the shit outta you. Look out, lanky.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:35 pm

It's kinda hard to say, with regards to touring... Kari's been on vacation for the last 4 months (don't ask). When she gets out, uh I mean back from VACATION we'll see. We didn't like touring very much.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:43 pm

That James Gang clip of of "walk away" that was posted on You TuBE a while back was great.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:45 pm

That's true, I felt kinda bad saying that after it was posted. Go out and buy all the records on Gern, give 'em a shot. Rorschach were great, anybody remember them. They toured a lot. Born Against? Anybody?
yup
i have some of their stuff...and B.A. is still one of my favs...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:47 pm

I'm listening to older Little Killers right now on the Spazz archive from last night. You guys are fucking awesome!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:53 pm

Not that it'll get me in your pants or nothin' but I'm thanked on the inside of B.A.'s "Nine Patriotic Hymns for Children".
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:54 pm

No, you're fucking awsome
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:00 pm

That James Gang clip of of "walk away" that was posted on You TuBE a while back was great.

Joe Walsh with James Gang= yes
Joe Walsh with The Eagles= no

We didn't like touring very much.
I talked to you when you played the Stork in Oakland. You told me that you guys got 2 speeding tix in Texas in the same day for a total of something like $500. If that happened to me, I'd never tour again.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:02 pm

The first Little Killers is pretty decent.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:04 pm

"Just wait til next time I see you Im gonna kick the shit outta you. Look out, lanky."

You gonna go to the Lyres/ Chandler & the Chasers show tomorrow?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:08 pm

Touring for us was like being in a 24 hour a day non stop version of Scooby-doo written by Henrik Ibsen and drawn by Chester Gould. It's gonna take a lot to get me in the van again.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:15 pm

You gonna go to the Lyres/ Chandler & the Chasers show tomorrow?

I had to choose between that and going record shoping, and I'm starving for some new titles in the racks. You lucked out, brah.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:19 pm

The first Little Killers is pretty decent.

Thanks. I think the new one's better.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:23 pm

Thanks. I think the new one's better.

Are there any songs available online yet?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:26 pm

the new little killers record is hella-dark.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:27 pm

I'm really a dummy when it comes to doing this kind of (computer) stuff, but I'll see if I can get some mp3s up. I can't even figure out how to make the italics thing work.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:32 pm

I like it already. Even their party songs hint at the dark.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:32 pm

for quoting someone you just have to highlight the text in their post and click the quote link... it'll put that into the text area for you...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:33 pm

good news!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:34 pm

yeah put a new one on myspace if you have that
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:44 pm

As we were recording, I was listening to it and realized that everything was painted black. Even the party songs. What can I say?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:57 pm

I'll figure out the mp3 thing, but not right now, I'm hungry and I gotta go see a man about a horse. I'll check in later.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:00 pm

I gotta go see a man about a horse.

It's things like this that make me feel so uncool.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:04 pm

that you're sellin dope to this man when you could just help him put his songs online?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:05 pm

Sea Monkeys reunion?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:06 pm

When Andy says "see a man about a horse" he means some old gray mare or some shit. Soooo weird. I really need some kooky stories to tell.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:07 pm

It's a chunnel it's a chunnel it's a chunnel
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:37 pm

andys going to try to get bazooka joe's lip prints off his ass now.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:44 pm

Andy's the MAN!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:48 pm

I think the new record is fucking great. Yeah, it's dark, but not conciously.
Kinda like Muswell Hillbillies, not the sound, but the "drunk and depressed in the bathtub" feel..

The cover art is the best thing about it, though.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 11:07 pm

and you can be sure the ditch is on once he found out bazooka joe is going to the lyres show.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 11:28 pm

1st- what i've heard from the little killers i've really liked, so i'm excited to hear this newer, "darker" little killers.
2nd- i saw born against every tour they did! i fuckin' loved born against and rorschach!
anyone remember the murderers among us comp? i wish i was listening to it right now.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 11:49 pm

Jim Diamond did an awesome job, too.

Andy, when's the street date?

Contact Gern and get that thing in the "News" section on the site.

Sheesh.
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 12:06 am

garden variety and weston played my basement here in portland.
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 12:48 am

garden variety and weston played my basement here in portland.

One of my old bands played with Weston in Beloit, WI. One of the guys had a tattoo of the black chef from the Cream of Wheat box. Awesome.
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 3:32 am

weston played my basement here in portland.

I saw Dave from Weston last night at my thursday night djing gig at Union Pool. He's a great guy. The place was such a madhouse that we only really got a chance to say hi. It's like I'm providing backround music for a series on animal planet. But I play them good stuff.

Andy, when's the street date?

April 4th, I'll call charles about putting it up on his site, OK MOM?

this newer, "darker" little killers

Dark but sassy. Don't go expecting no bummer ride. It's rock and roll.

Tricknee:
There's a tunnel in the Channel.
Now the channel has a tunnel.
There's a tunnel in the Channel.
There's a tunnel in the Channel; now the channel has a tunnel.
There's a tunnel in the Channel - it's the chunnel

Sam, our guitar player wrote that and then convinced Steve Allen (Yeah that Steve Allen, thee High Priest of Horn Rimmed Humor) that he wrote it. HAHA!

Sea Monkeys reunion?

At this point highly unlikely. Feelers were put out but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Hi Ned, who's playin' in the action swingers at unionpool? Is Ned Brewster on drums? that guy was the Earl Palmer of punk rock. Amazing. Bruce playing guitar?
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 3:38 am

Andy,

We need to arrange our "look at your cool shit" day.

Gimme a call or come into my work.
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 6:48 pm

Ther'e two Ned's in the Action Swingers? Talk about gay...
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 10:09 pm

Hi Ned, who's playin' in the action swingers at unionpool? Is Ned Brewster on drums? that guy was the Earl Palmer of punk rock. Amazing. Bruce playing guitar?

hey andy. dave lindsay (purple wizard) is playing drums and an as yet undetermined bass player. i prefer the power trio. it's hard enough getting 3 people together let alone 4. yeah it was fun having ned brewster in the band. he's a great guy. and drummer. bruce will be there in the a-bones where he belongs. come by it should be fun. kick bazooka joe in the nuts for me.
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 12:34 am

That's cool in general I like 3 pieces better than 4 anyway. Dave's fuckin great, he can play anything. He's a hell of a guitar player. If your stuck for a bass player, let me know; it's possible that I know someone who can do it. You can email littlekillers at yahoo.com
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 2:58 am

Normally, I like it natural. I don't care about hair in my teeth or what-not but, I used to date this redhead and if she didn't trim it.... GOD DAMN! It was like fucking a pad of steel wool. I would take a piss later and while grabbing my dick I'd whince in pain. I would literally lose a couple of layers of skin off my prick. It would be red as a beet and glowing in the dark! I guess it was worth it though.

Wait a minute... is this the "Shaven or Unshaven?" thread?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®