Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Classic Rock Radio Has Taught Me One Thing...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 2:07 pm

Meatloaf is even worse than the Eagles
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 2:11 pm

Eagles rule! See you at work!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:17 pm

you're high...THEY BOTH SUCK.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:17 pm

and don't tell me to Take it Easy.....
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:40 pm

"Hotel Califorinia" Worst song ever!
Meatloaf, Eagals, Bob Segar, Steve Miller Band....hate classic rock radio. Not even so much that the music sucks. But they play the same suck ass songs over and over and over.....
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:44 pm

That's what all the major radio stations do. They have been playing the same fucking songs for years and years... I could turn on the areas oldies channel right now and almost guarantee that there will be a Mammas and the Papas song on.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:47 pm

Ahem... Paddy Bullocks, you must be forgetting when you helped me and 16 move from Billsburg to Queens and the radio in the moving truck cab played "Take It Easy" and you was singing along and smiling and having a grand 'ol time. You should join the Black Lips as "official tour gimp" you fucking sellout.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:47 pm

I'm making Meatloaf for dinner.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:48 pm

With bacon.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 3:49 pm

Meatloaf is the man's welfare steak.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:22 pm | Edited by: colbito

They both suck, but to their credit they are nowhere close to the plagerists that Led Zeppelin are......
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:22 pm

Oh hell yeah. . .as someone who listens to classic rock all day, i never thought i could hate the eagles even more than i already did. meatloaf, yeah. . . don't get it.

and i'm still trying to find the appeal in steve miller, but no dice.

for a while, i started thinking i was getting into steely dan, but it turns out it was ELO! thank god!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:24 pm

i started thinking i was getting into steely dan, but it turns out it was ELO! thank god!
TAKE THAT BACK!!!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:27 pm

They both suck, but to their credit they are nowhere close to the plagerists that Led Zeppelin are......

Hey! There's no good reason to bring Led Zep into a discussion on how bad the Eagles and Meatloaf suck. Totally uncalled for. Plagerists or not, they kicked alot of ass my friend.

As the Dude says, "I've had a really bad day and I HATE the FUCKIN'N EAGLES!!"
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:30 pm

Zep would have been awesome if it wasn't for Plant and Page.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:31 pm

Plagerists or not, they kicked alot of ass my friend.

Led Zep are bor ing....
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:33 pm

No way, Man! I really like that Evil Woman song!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:33 pm

Led Zep are bor ing....
Then go listen to the shitty Eagles!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:34 pm

Ealges have nice melodies. lalalalalaaaaaa...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:37 pm

Then go listen to the shitty Eagles!

Take It Easy!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:38 pm

Desparado, why don't you come to your senses?
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:43 pm

Meatloaf and The Eagles......"Aint no doubt about it we were doubly blessed...."
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:52 pm

Desparado, why don't you come to your senses?

Jack Stands, you are EVIL! Now I'm going to have that earworm in my head ALL... DAY... LONG...
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 4:53 pm

I a really wierd piece of trivia....Ellen Foley, who sang the girl vocals on Paradise By The Dashboard Light, basically recorded an LP backed up by the Clash in '81 or so.....
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 6:02 pm

I a really wierd piece of trivia....Ellen Foley, who sang the girl vocals on Paradise By The Dashboard Light, basically recorded an LP backed up by the Clash in '81 or so.....

AND she was the D.A. on that 80s sitcom Night Court for awhile.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 6:11 pm

and she was married to mick jones of the clash.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 6:24 pm

Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:16 pm

Whatever. Everyone secretly LOVES classic rock. There's somethin' bout all those big riffs... And the Johnny Cash version of "Desperado" is actully better than you might think.

And "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights"? What an AWESOME song title/idea.

You guys should listen to the Hold Steady- you can get your classic rock/big riff satisfaction but people will still think you're "hip".
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:23 pm

I'm sorry, but that Paradise song irritates me SO much every tme it comes on. And a girl that used to work with me sang along whenever it came on and i wanted to sock her.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:51 pm

i think stevie ray vaughn is satan. i would rather listen to ANYTHING instead of that fucker. they play jimmy buffet and james taylor on our classic rock station and the oldies station now plays 70's pop rock.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:52 pm

the Hold Steady are BORING. ugh.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:55 pm

Whatever. Everyone secretly LOVES classic rock

I don't think anyone is ripping on classic rock itself (i listen to it by choice). Just crap like the eagles and meatloaf.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:59 pm

Man, you guys are fucking CRAZY! MEATLOAF RULES! How can you NOT rule if you're name is fucking MEATLOAF, youre fat as shit, and you are huge rich rock star with a hit song entitled: Paradise by the Dashboard Lights.

Aint no doubt about it!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:29 pm

man, this dutch band played at the bottle last night and they didn't even cover 'hocus pocus'. total jip.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:43 pm

fuck meat loaf, that song "that's when rock'n'roll dreams come true" is actually pretty funny. the worst shit by far is uriah heep. the vocals make me wanna vom. FREEEEEEE MAH! WHY WON'T YOU FREEEEEEEEE MAH!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 10:02 pm

man, this dutch band played at the bottle last night and they didn't even cover 'hocus pocus'. total jip.

did you at least get to blow them arman???
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 11:47 pm

Jackson Browne wrote "Take It Easy."

Inbetween knocking up Nico and beating the crap outta Darryl Hannah.

I actually prefer Johnny Darrell's version of "These Days" to Nico's. Another Jackson Browne song.
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 3:52 am

I forget his name, but the same guy who wrote and arranged most of Paradise by the dashboard lights, also wrote "total eclipse of the heart", and celine's best song and video ever (no, I'm not apoligizing for saying this), It's all coming back to me now. cmon, that's prolific. the dude's the phil spector of VH1. the arranger, not meatloaf, I mean.
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 3:56 am

Posted: Mar 4, 2006 4:03 am

Whats with harshin on Bob Seeger? Ramblin Gamblin Man is a damn good record, and so is much of ELO's catalogue!
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 5:12 am

Zep would have been awesome if it wasn't for Plant

there thats better
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 5:16 am

did you at least get to blow them arman???

man, what a dick....but waaaay funny
sometimes you gotta aim low, cuz if you hit a high, low one, its still only a low one
try again
the punctuation on that is crazy man
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 7:00 am

"Whats with harshin on Bob Seeger? Ramblin Gamblin Man is a damn good record, and so is much of ELO's catalogue!"

AMEN sister!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:08 pm

Ok. Who's worse: Bob Seger or Tom Petty?
I'm goin w/Bobby.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:43 pm

and so is much of ELO's catalogue!

I love ELO. I even got their Box Set for $12! I recently heard some of the later stuff The Move (Jeff Lynne/Roy Wood's pre-ELO band) did where they do some songs ELO recorded later. Let me tell you, The Move's version of "Do Ya" is even better than ELO's. It's one case where a string arrangement does not make a song better. And The Move's original version of "California Man" is miles better than Cheap Trick's cover.

this guy, john steinman
JIM Steinman. By law, all of his songs must be at least 8 minutes long. Any album Meat Loaf did without Steinman should be avoided like a rash.

And the Johnny Cash version of "Desperado" is actully better than you might think.
And the Linda Ronstadt version can move a grown man to tears.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:45 pm

Whats with harshin on Bob Seeger? Ramblin Gamblin Man is a damn good record, and so is much of ELO's catalogue!

sarah, bless your heart.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:46 pm

Ramblin Gamblin Man is a damn good record

First song, side two = WOAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:48 pm

Both ELO and the Move are great and Roy Wood's Wizard is just plain bizarre.
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:50 pm

2+2=? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:51 pm

Whats with harshin on Bob Seeger?

Seger System= íSi!
Silver Bullet Band= íNo es bueno!
Posted: Mar 10, 2006 6:53 pm

2+2=? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man, quit with the 'rocky marciano' argument. bob seger is boring, midwestern, wet rag rock.
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 3:17 pm

I was driving home yesterday, flipped to the local college station. They were playin the intro to "Stairway to Heaven", right. I'm thinking it's just the intro- cuz you're not supposed to play hits on college radio, but they played the whole tune. I listened, and I got totally into it, remembering my grade 9 dance, a week before losing my virginity. Now I wanna go get all those albums again. I am a total sucker for Classic Rock. Last night I was listening to the Sens/Thrashers game on the radio with my wife, and between periods they played some hot shit! How can anyone who plays guitar not wanna play that jimmy page fluid dripping slime type of shit?!

ONe more thing. Guns n roses (Appetite) = Classic Rock = Amazing
imagine if they had a cool singer... Singers can so make or break a band it's nutty buddy
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®