Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Trader Joe's To Open First NYC Store On St. Patrick's Day..FUCK YEAH!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:52 am

Trader Joe's To Open First NYC Store On St. Patrick's Day

February 28, 2006

Fans of Two Buch Chuck may be happy to know that Trader Joe's has confirmed its grand opening date here in the city, and it's sooner than expected.

The specialty store and its adjoining wine shop will open on St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, about three weeks from now. The location is East 14 Street between Third Avenue and Irving Place.

Trader Joe's is best known for low-priced groceries and prepared foods, items expected to be a hit with busy New Yorkers.

I like the prices a lot, said one woman. I think they have a lot of things that you can't get elsewhere a lot of good frozen things - and I think they have a lot of things cheaper things here than at Whole Foods and other places."

"Around here there are not a whole lot of places to shop for healthier foods, and this is a nice addition to the neighborhood," said another New Yorker.

Trader Joe's is also famous for selling cheap Charles Shaw wine, known as Two Buck Chuck because it sold for $2 a bottle when first offered.

The California-based company already has 19 stores in the New York area. This will be the first in New York City.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:21 am

Gonna be stockin' up on those killer goat cheese pizzas!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:23 am

I've never been. Can't wait to try the $2buck Chuck!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:25 am

2 buck up-chuck!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:27 am

I'll try it! Just in time for all those drunk Irish crazies on St. Patricks day. Whoo-Hoo!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:38 am

Get the gyoza dumplings and the miso soup packs.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:52 am

there's a trader joe's open... IN MY PANTS!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:53 am

there's a trader joe's opening party at d-train's...wooooo-hoooo!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:57 am

Yer place dood! You know I can't cook!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:59 am

And you don't even have a couch.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 3:01 am

Nope. You gotta STAND!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 5:49 am

there's a trader joe's open... IN MY PANTS
but is it shrink rapped.
we know it's head shrunk
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:51 pm

Big deal. I got one of these places down from my house. I go there maybe once or twice a year to get some Mochi ice cream.

In conclusion, You're gay.

Yer place dood! You know I can't cook!

Oh yeah, cooking's overrated.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:42 pm

Mochi ice cream? What is that? Queer fuel?

Health food stores in NY are expensive. I'm siked to check out this place cause it's supossed to be cheap!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®