Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Blackout 2006 bets/predictions...?
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 1:58 am

im sensing an ambulance will be involved...black hellacopters, Al-Q attack,hopefully no BLACK OUT SARS like from last year, i will get laid..!!

im puttin 20 bucks on a black hellacopter surveilance sneak attack.

WWJD?
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 2:01 am

unlike last year:

my apartment will be a sane place.
"we're not leaving until this fifth is gone" will not be the pre-show mantra.
i will remember at least half of the bands i see.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 2:02 am

I'll take the Kevin's memory bet any day...especially if there is Gin involved.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 2:06 am

one more thing- NO GIN!!!!

now if you'll excuse me i have an old lady grocery cart to load up so i can make another trip over to my swinging new apartment.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 2:18 am

many Indiana cats in the house......drunk and belligerant
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 2:39 am

deadcityrebel will show up
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 2:40 am

I will be drunk at least one of the 4 nights.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 2:45 am | Edited by: LisaLisa

I will wear a striped shirt at least twice

many Indiana cats in the house......drunk and belligerant
and then tell Norah she is "hard to talk to"
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 3:10 am

my apartment will be a sane place.

Don't worry. Danneau and I will be staying at a hotel.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 3:19 am

it was that last night that did it. coming home and not even being able to find floor space in my own apartment was kind of nuts. and when everyone started waking up the next day... yikes.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 6:30 am

someone will buy cocaine.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 6:53 am

myself sitting at home crying.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:43 am

yes...someone will have coacaine. And mebbe Norah will actually see the Oblivians this time...
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:49 am

I predict I might actually attend this years....
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 12:55 pm

Kevin's new flat will be partially filled with English people again.

I will eat at the Bite every day again.

Chicago airport security will not confiscate my nice lighter again.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 12:56 pm

i will get in!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 4:24 pm

I will be staying at a hotel this year.
I will get in a fist fight.
I will smoke some crack that I will steal from the maid.
I will have long hair.
I will piss off Amber and make her push me through my hotel wall.
I will masterbate frequently.
I will throw a beer bottle at Jack.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 4:43 pm

hot tub party at 9am at matt's house!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 4:48 pm

Don Knotts will not be in attendance.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 4:50 pm

I will most likely not be in attendance. Boo hoo.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 4:52 pm

Why not?
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 4:55 pm

--"Don Knotts will not be in attendance"

>sniff<....g'buy Donnie!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 5:22 pm

Why not?
I've got to save up some vacation time for when my cousin and his wife come out to visit me in September, so I'm not sure how much extra I will have left over. I'll have to sleep on it.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 5:35 pm

There will be people with black hair and jean jackets there.

I also predict there will be people with tattoos, much PBR and Old Style will be drunk in both an ironic and non-ironic fashion
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 5:38 pm

Headbands perhaps? How about leg warmers?
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 5:40 pm

what about hankies hangin from the back pocket?

there will be no ASS FLAPSSSS, which is disappointing.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 6:26 pm

some married dude will try to feel me up again
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 6:30 pm | Edited by: LisaLisa

Goddamnit BILL!!!!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:05 pm

The headlining band on Saturday will play more than 8 songs (or was it 9?).
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:28 pm | Edited by: Shaun A

Theyre playing songs from the unreleased album 'The Oblivians Play A Three Hour Jazz Odyssey In C Minor With Mr Quintron'
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:53 pm

people will get horrible, deadly food poisioning because they got drunk and dared each other to eat fried calamari made from the dead squid human eye had last year.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 8:19 pm

hot tub party at 9am at matt's house!

I predict that Alex will find a lemon peel on the ground by the tub. Then later find out that it wasn't a lemon peel, but billyum's toenail! eeeewww
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 8:39 pm

there will be many dull conversations about Myspace. I will wear my Goner T shirt to represent!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 8:43 pm

Everyone who has a Goner Tshirt should wear it everyday of the blackout. If you don't have one, then don't come.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 8:47 pm

bill, bob, chris, remis, james, and myself will be putting many of you fuckers in 'time out'.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 8:47 pm

remis? hahah... what a dumb name.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 8:50 pm

I may drunkenly pepper arman with questions about mortuary services, because I've been fascinated ever since he told me there was such a field of science.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 8:51 pm

that's his last name. i would not advise telling him that to his face.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:03 pm

that's his last name. i would not advise telling him that to his face.

im not being funny today... wait! im never being funny.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:16 pm

he's cool and super nice but i personally would not want to be on the recieving end of his fist.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:17 pm

the recieving end of his fist.

bazzoka joe, you get first crack at this one...
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:17 pm

first crack

...and that...
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:18 pm

OK.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:21 pm

oh come on man, that all you got? where's the signature bazooka joe wise crack?
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:34 pm

ive been hung over for 7.5 horas.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:34 pm

oh come on man, that all you got? where's the signature bazooka joe wise crack?

he got in trouble for bitching out Rev Dan. so now he's holding back and contemplating his future as a message board comedian
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 5:30 am

Just bought our tickets!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 6:18 am

i predict many of us will be pissed off..cuz the shit will all be sold out. It was a bitch last year to get in.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 11:37 am

And mebbe Norah will actually see the Oblivians this time...

I predict that she will not.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 12:00 pm

Shit I'm still waiting for my housemate to wake up so I can use his credit card. Time to dig out the Slayer albums
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 12:04 pm

Just bought our tickets!

Me too. I'll be expecting that promised beer Alex (along with some El Paso ruminations)!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 1:12 pm

Just bought our tickets!

Me too. I'll be expecting that promised beer Alex (along with some El Paso ruminations)!

We got em too! I'm taking you up on that beer still Alex!

Ladle
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:04 pm

I will not be there. Weak.
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:20 pm

i predict many of us will be pissed off..cuz the shit will all be sold out. It was a bitch last year to get in.

but we did, and we learned a valuable lesson
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:37 pm

Dear Ladle(s)

You bet!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:50 pm

Dear Ladle(s)

You bet!

Awesome! You'll know me because I'll be the guy knocking cigs out of your mouth whenever you go to light one. It's tough love Alex!

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS BLACKOUT!
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 10:29 pm

hey Clubber..you got tickets?
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 1:05 am

I predict that I will also be wearing a striped shirt two or more days, probably on the same day as Lisa.

I predict that my husband might not want to spend our one year wedding anniversary at the Empty Bottle, so I will leave him at home and he probably wouldn't even notice. But in a good way.

I predict i will be extra careful walking up and down the stairs.

I predict I will be drunk. A lot.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 5:04 am

I predict I will be drunk. A lot.

RRRAAAOOOWWW!
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 5:16 am

DOWN BOY!
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 12:04 pm

i hope i don't miss the 9am hot tub party... although i guess me, steph and alberto can reanact it in Valenthhhhhhhhheia.
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 4:22 pm

I predict I will have my first hangover
Posted: Mar 2, 2006 4:43 pm

The cops will be called to Brian Costello's apartment.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 6:27 am

i will spend all my money at Zwimni Piwo..and try and front like im Polish...NO WAIT.....i will eat mofuckin Bacci pizza for the 8th time..."Ehhhhhh Bacci....." then again..im too broke to go..so i will eat ritz crackers and watch Seinfeld re-runs...Fuck the Black out, dudes..!!!!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 6:33 am

I want to learn about iluminati's. Or Lou Minati's. Or something like that.

Supposed to have a sausage pizza w/giant slices of sausage underneath?. A veritable pancake of sausage, or something? Please report.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 6:37 am

if we take shrooms I expect handjobs from all of you whose ass i have kissed in the last 10 years.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 7:17 am

1.) Everybody who goes will bitch about how lame whatever re-union act they are pulling out of their ass ends up being.

2.) Everybody will post about how it was so much more fun in (insert year).

just kidding, love the idea, love the idea.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 11:54 am

I will be tired on the way home and drinking lots of coffee and energy drinks
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 5:02 pm

I predict Dutch Hercules One Man Band will bum rush one of the after parties and have everyone singing along to a 30-minute version of "Grill Skills"... or at least i hope that happens.

"GRILL SKILLS!!! GRILL SKILLS!!!"
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 5:08 pm

joe! just wait until you hear "fuck the olympics" new dutch song!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 5:41 pm

http://www.loumalnatis.com/

oh yeahhhh! the original is out near Evanston, but the one downtown is great too, of course. And don't get the deep dish
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 5:46 pm

no you guys..i dont want the people to hurt me or leave...remember I have a huge contract with ELEKTRA records. I'll be bringin in the dough real quick...like 125.000 just for signining!!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 5:47 pm

I hope you hire someone to clean your room. KEE-RIST!
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:36 pm

and try and front like im Polish

you gonna hang your toilet paper out to dry???
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:52 pm

I want to learn about iluminati's. Or Lou Minati's. Or something like that.

Jack, I'm excited for you! the shit is the best, beside Pequod's.

Supposed to have a sausage pizza w/giant slices of sausage underneath?. A veritable pancake of sausage, or something? Please report.

I've alway called this the "wheel of sausage." Great shit.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 8:53 pm

I predict Jack will become addicted to Lou's
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:47 pm

then Jack will max out his credddddit card having Lou's delicious pies next-day air'd to memphis every week. Know what's in the crust? a delicate mixture of Butter and Magic.
Posted: Mar 3, 2006 9:53 pm

Butter and Magic?

I'm freaking out.
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 12:37 am

Jack, I'm excited for you! the shit is the best, beside Pequod's.

I love The Bandit. He always gets so excited for other people to find the joy he has found. Like when I first started watching Buffy and he wrote me telling me this was going to be a special time in my life.
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 4:06 am

if we take shrooms
i want some
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 4:12 am

What the fuck are you idiots talking about?
Posted: Mar 4, 2006 4:13 am

I am extremely fucked right now by the way
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 9:42 pm

im gonna keep my room "cluttered" for now.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 5:16 pm

bob will not break up a fight between me and an underage drinker who spille dhis beer on my favorite shirt in a moshpit ( stupid you dont bring bottles into a moshpit you throw them ) so i spilled my beer over his head ( asshole owes me $2 ) and he got in my face

i will not let some bartender stick his tongue down my throat cuz the last time that happened at the blackout i got married...

you get all the cracks at that one arman...
id like to see ya find a polak joke in there

i'll try not to go up to people in mohawks and chains and tell them the "bad news" yes sid IS dead
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 5:19 pm

butter and magic is a good band name
is it a lounge act with covers of bad hair metal ... hey man w.a.s.p. is playing palatine next week or something like that

I love The Bandit. He always gets so excited for other people to find the joy he has found. Like when I first started watching Buffy and he wrote me telling me this was going to be a special time in my life.

well wasn't it!

I had Lou Malnati's last weekend and forgot about how good it is. The crust is a work of art. Pequod's in Lincoln Park is going to reopen any day now. Now I'm fucking hungry for pizza.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 5:27 pm

Yes, it was. I've still got a lot more special times, I'm about to start season 4, which means I can start Angel as well.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 7:07 pm

id like to see ya find a polak joke in there

everyone who walks through the door between may 24th-27th will be a living pollack joke
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 7:18 pm

Seger will definatley be in the house.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 7:37 pm

Yes, it was. I've still got a lot more special times, I'm about to start season 4, which means I can start Angel as well.

I thought season 4 was kinda slow, but if you find it that way as well, don't worry...5-7 are all pretty great.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 7:58 pm

Paul Caporino will be cornered off, sprayed by high pressure hose, and pulled apart by the jaws-of-life for singing "I Am A Bomb".
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:03 pm

pastlames hungry for something but it isn't pizza.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:15 pm

Mongolian BBQ?
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:17 pm

Mostly cum. GAY CUM.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 8:19 pm

Mongolian BBQ?

I was thinking about that stuff mere minutes before you posted it. Damn I love it.
Posted: Mar 6, 2006 9:36 pm

Paul Caporino will be cornered off, sprayed by high pressure hose, and pulled apart by the jaws-of-life after groping young girls.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 12:48 am

high pressure hose should be kept at the ready, that's my advice.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 3:52 am

Good heavens. I sure did raise me a WIMP.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:08 pm

Has anyone ever eaten at the Chicago Pizza and Over Grinder company before? I saw a special on the food network for it and people were freaking out over it. Here's a link to their website: http://www.chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/
Want to know if it's worth a visit while we're up there. The mediterranean bread looks yummy!!
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:12 pm

I've never heard of Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company, but at 2121 N Clark St. they're exactly one block south of where the Valentine's Day Massacre happened.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:34 pm

Never been there. It looks upscale. Will investigate this weekend.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:39 pm

I've never heard of Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company, but at 2121 N Clark St. they're exactly one block south of where the Valentine's Day Massacre happened.

I thought that happed on Halsted by the Biograph theatre.

A couple of people I work with swear by this place. It's always a long wait, but worth it I'm told
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:45 pm

If you read the history page on their site, it talks about the Valentine's day massacre.

The portions look gigantic at this place.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:47 pm

I thought that happed on Halsted by the Biograph theatre.

Nope, the Valentine's Day Massacre happened at a warehouse at 2122 N Clark Street, so I guess the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company is actually across the street from where that happened, not a block away. Therefore, it's possible that it's in the building that used to be a rooming house where members of Al Capone's gang had rented a room overlooking Bugs Moran's warehouse. Woah.

The Biograph Theater is on Lincoln Avenue, and that's where Dillinger was shot.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:49 pm

Dudes, what other kind of weird/crazy Chicago history bits are nearby the event? I'm a dork for that kind of stuff....
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 4:57 pm

It's not near the Empty Bottle, but the Green Mill Lounge is still around. In the 20s that place was a mob hangout part-owned by Capone henchman "Machine Gun" Jack McGurn. From their website: "Manager Danny Cohen had given McGurn the 25% stake to 'persuade' comedian/singer Joe E. Lewis from moving his act south to the New Rendezvous Café at Clark and Diversey. McGurn managed to convince Lewis by slitting his throat and cutting off his tongue. Miraculously, Lewis recovered, but his songs never regained their lush sound. The incident was later immortalized in the movie The Joker is Wild, with Frank Sinatra as Joe E. Lewis and a Hollywood soundstage as The Green Mill."
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 5:08 pm

The Green Mill is also featured in the James Caan epic "Thief." Equally important, I know.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 5:19 pm

That's the kind of cool stuff I want to know about. Thanks! Anything else?
What about the Chicago Fire?
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 5:55 pm

2120 S. Michigan Avenue, yo.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 6:28 pm

Has anyone ever eaten at the Chicago Pizza and Over Grinder company before? I saw a special on the food network for it and people were freaking out over it.

I try to eat at this place once a week. Go on Wednesday or Thursday if you don't want to wait an hour and a half. Suprisingly, it is reasonably priced too. I suggest a greek salad (hold the anchovies) and the white flatbread. The pizza pot pies are great too.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 6:33 pm

Valery, also good to know you guys are coming up this year!!
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 6:34 pm

did they ever tear down the Lexington (?) Hotel, Al Capone's old hotel? I used to drive by it every weekend when my family would go to Chinatown. It was in pretty bad shape when I lived there ~15 years ago.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 6:48 pm

The Lexington was torn down about 10 years ago.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 7:23 pm

Hey Doug! Yeah we're coming up. Haven't missed a Chicago Blackout yet. We should all go eat at this place when we get in town.

Excited to see your band play too.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 8:33 pm

Dudes, what other kind of weird/crazy Chicago history bits are nearby the event? I'm a dork for that kind of stuff....

jack, there are plenty of books like "crime chicago" that map out famous crimes and whatnot around the city starting in the 1800s to the fairly present. good book.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 8:39 pm

Also here is a timeline of lots of "historically" significant things that you may be interested in... and you can always go on a river tour and get shit poured on your head.

http://www.chipublib.org/004chicago/chidisaster.html
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 9:28 pm

Thanks, Arman and Lisa!
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:15 pm

Also, the Green Mill is a great place to see poetry slams.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:20 pm

SLAM!

FALAM SLAM!!
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 10:22 pm

It's a horrible place to be drunk, though. Unless you like being "shushed" by a librarian/bartender every five minutes.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 6:52 pm

yeah libraries are a pretty shitty place to get drunk at. those book worms can't mix a drink for shit.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:03 pm

you might be wrong abou that seeing as we find beer and liquor bottles in our bathrooms daily...
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:11 pm

In my future occupation as fulltime wino bum, I plan to drink in libraries regularly. They are heated and the employees are liberal, so they will look at me with pity rather than scorn, which I won't appreciate when I pee on their cheap carpeting.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 10:48 pm

lay lady lay
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 6:21 am

Timmy Vulgar will eat endless amounts of Char Dogs and Ernie Q will shit himself while filming the Oblivians final show ever. Greg Cartwright's head will explode and reveal his true alien self all the while the Blackout crowd will deam the whole thing "boring" until GG Allin's corpse breaks through the stage screaming, "I Wanna Fuck Myself".

We can only hope, see you in May.............
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 4:53 pm

When I used to work in the fitting rooms at the Levis Outlet in Gurnee Mills Mall, we had heavily perfumed carpet powder because at least a few times week, some kid would be encouraged by his mother to pee on the floor instead of walking fifty yards to the bathroom. My friend who worked at the Bugle Boy outlet actually had someone SHIT in the fitting room.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:10 pm

Lisa, you work at the Harold Washington Library? That place is a hobo hotbed! When I was a law clerk I would go there to nap.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:54 pm

Shitting room
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 5:56 pm

SHIT in the fitting room.
I was at a bar once and someone shit in the urinal.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 6:00 pm

My prediction is that someone will give Nick G. a ticket for Saturday night, because if he can't get in to see the Oblivians, something is horribly wrong.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 7:23 pm

there is a gay bar in green bay that got a little 'present' in the cloth hand towel roller. our guitar player had to "log out of his b-drive" and the shitter was out of toilet paper, so had climbed on the sink and flossed is ass...
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 7:27 pm

log out of his b-drive
That's the funniest thing I've read all week.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 7:44 pm

Lisa, you work at the Harold Washington Library?

I work at Logan Square...
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 7:45 pm

you WORK logan square...
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 7:57 pm

ARRMAAAAAN!!!
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 8:44 pm

my prediction is the tamale guy makes enough money that weekend to retire. and deservedly so.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 8:45 pm

the tamale guy
do tell... What is this "tamale guy"?
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 8:52 pm

All the bars here are gay.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 9:07 pm

the tamamle guy is this mexican dude, actually there are quite a few, that go around the bars and sell bags of tamales. 6 for $5. i told matt that it would be a good idea if he set up a 'stall' at the blackout and sold his delicious goods.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 9:10 pm

once i thought buying a ziploc bag of hot tamales a good idea. next morning i was shown the error of my ways.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 9:12 pm

do tell... What is this "tamale guy"?

Jack, he's like Lou Malnati's, but a cute little mexican guy and he has tamales instead of pizza. He goes to all the bars selling these sick looking ziplock bags full of tamales. They're super good for you and if he were to retire there'd be a bunch of drunks going home hungry.
Shit! I could go for one right now.
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 9:14 pm

did you end up with a case of the cha-chas Kevin?
Posted: Mar 9, 2006 9:18 pm

i would rather it had been coming out my ass.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 5:21 am

The best tamale guy is Rigoberto... he has 2 gold studds in his left ear and a white and red jacket... his tamales actually have some MEAT in them! They taste so good after cheap suds all night, and they come out real easy the next day... sounds like you know about that Kev.

I work next door to Lou Malnati's and it's the best... $6 at lunch gets you a personal sized deep dish pizza with the slab-o-sausage and a salad or soup... and the shits all afternoon!

RE: Chicago crime stuff... there's an actual bus tour you can take. They drive you around in an old school bus all painted black to all the infamous mobster sites. Where the Valentines Day massacre was is now a parking lot for a yuppie condo.
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 5:21 am

Obviously NO ONE predicted Blackout tix going for over $150 on eBay. Insanity.
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 5:05 am

tamale guy should totally have a stand
so should dan the fan
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 5:08 am

i think a library/bar is an excellent idea
maybe tamale guy could actually retire selling there

god thats a good thread
places you wish had a bar ( cuz you forgot your flask )
el stops , target ....

oh yeah and this year i dont have to walk with a cane ( it has a flask in it )
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 4:12 pm

Tamale Guy is like Field of Dreams. Last night we were sitting at da bar (p.s., when did Happy Village become the newest hot spot? I am so out of the loop) with our heads in our hands saying "Where's the tamale guy? Waaah" and lo and behold, he walked in.

I've never gotten sick from the tamales, but I've only gotten the cheese ones.
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 4:53 pm

i think tamales in general are like jesus
and the tamale guy is always a different incarnation of god
the tamale guy shows up inside my building at 9am for christ sake
all i have to do is close my eyes and pray
and i get breky, lunch, and dinner!
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 7:04 pm

i predict i will see the CHeater Slicks..and thats it..I might hustle the door guy and get in to see Oblvns..
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 7:28 pm

here's some helpful hints for hustling the Empty Bottle door guys...
Bob like back rubs...
Remus likes cookies...
Arman likes blowjobs....preferably discreet ones.
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 7:33 pm

i bet/predict nobody else from kzoo goes? any you fellas need a ride??
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 12:58 pm

im sensing an ambulance will be involved...black hellacopters, Al-Q attack,hopefully no BLACK OUT SARS like from last year, i will get laid..!!

instead of SARS we might get the mumps!

i just saw this news story...

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Seven Midwestern states are dealing with mumps.
An epidemic in Iowa has grown into more than 600 suspected cases.
Health officials, calling it a serious threat, said that although the highest concentration of cases is still in eastern Iowa, the mumps has shown up in at least one person in half of the state's 99 counties
Iowa epidemiologist Dr. Patricia Quinlisk called it a "serious threat." She said officials are doing "everything we can" to get it under control.
Iowa Department of Health Director Mary Mincer Hansen said questions about how the epidemic started and why it hit Iowa haven't been answered.
Other states also seeing cases are Nebraska, Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Officials at Southern Illinois University are trying to educate people about the disease after three students there showed symptoms this week. A school health official said there's "no reason to panic about mumps." She said it usually resolves itself.
The mumps outbreak is the nation's first in 20 years. Mumps is an illness caused by a virus and spread by coughing and sneezing. The most common symptoms are fever, headache and swollen salivary glands under the jaw, but it can be more serious.
Health officials said two infected airline passengers may have helped spread Iowa's mumps epidemic to other Midwestern states.
The spread illustrates how quickly disease can spread through air travel.
Kansas officials say that as of Thursday, the state had 66 confirmed, probable and suspected cases of mumps -- compared with 48 the day before.
The Iowa health department identified two people who were potentially infectious when they were traveling in late March and early April.
Officials in other states have not yet linked any cases to the air travelers. But because the illness' incubation is two to three weeks, cases may not begin appearing until about now.
Outbreak
THE EPIDEMIC
• 605 cases in Iowa, 43 in Nebraska, 66 in Kansas.
• Four each in Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, one in Minnesota.
• The United States' first mumps epidemic in 20 years.
THE SOURCE
• Possibly two air travelers.
• One thinks may have picked up mumps in Dominican Republic.
• She shook hands with two senators while in Washington.
• Developed scratchy throat upon her return home.
• Many people may have been exposed in airports, elsewhere.
THE RESPONSE
• CDC sent advisory to state health departments.
• Advisory warns how easily disease can be spread by planes.
THE DISEASE
• Caused by virus spread by coughing and sneezing.
• Most common symptoms include fever and headache.
• Key symptom: swollen salivary glands under jaw.
• Can lead to more severe problems, including hearing loss.
• Other possibilities: meningitis and swollen testicles.
• Swollen testicles can diminish fertility.
THE TREATMENT
• No specific treatment besides controlling symptoms.
• Painkillers.
THE VACCINE
• Two doses, recommended for all children.
• Vaccine highly, but not completely, effective.
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 2:43 pm

instead of SARS we might get the mumps!

i got the mumps (and my vaccination) in 9th grade.
my jaw got swollen and other than that i felt fine.
dr told me that if i didn't take it easy it could move to my nuts
i was a "still" sittin motherfucker
hope the vaccination is still good
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 2:44 pm

nuts- ha ha
Posted: May 2, 2006 9:01 pm

Who from out of town is coming for this?
I may have couch space if my roommate isn't feeling prissy.
Posted: May 2, 2006 9:32 pm

me..!! i'll be there for the CHeater Slicks show.
Posted: May 2, 2006 9:37 pm

me!
Posted: May 2, 2006 9:57 pm

me! ive already reserved floor space i think. dont know if im going to sleep
Posted: May 2, 2006 10:12 pm

me too!!! saint sarah, If yer roommate isn't feeling prissy and that couch is still free for wednesday night let me know. I'm staying with nadine thurs. through sunday but failed to look for a hotel/motel for wednesday.
e-mail me sarahtonin1@ yahoo.com thanks!
Posted: May 2, 2006 10:22 pm

mangina will get aids and die
Posted: May 2, 2006 10:31 pm

I predict I won't go...I won't get sick.

Instead I'll stay here and listen to records while I jerk off.
Posted: May 4, 2006 5:51 pm

My prediction: Many people driving into town will be late and miss a significant portion of the show on the day they arrive because of massive construction on the Dan Ryan expressway.
Posted: May 4, 2006 6:05 pm

Any tips getting around it?
Posted: May 4, 2006 6:19 pm

don't take the dan ryan. gett off it as soon as you can and take city streets.
Posted: May 4, 2006 6:25 pm

The Lake Shore Drive alternate route takes you a wee bit out of the way, but traffic usually keeps moving and it's a nice drive.
Posted: May 4, 2006 11:06 pm

leave early.
Posted: May 5, 2006 12:02 am

am i going to have a problem using the skyway? im still not sure about my driving/train riding but if its gonna be a pain in the ass, ill freak out. i hate chicago driving. i hate it when people dont drive like i want them to
Posted: May 5, 2006 12:25 am

louie will eat a pickle and malox
Posted: May 5, 2006 1:43 am

I will bite Alix and then wrestle Jay and then take on King Louie and WIN!!!! Theyre all going under the thunder!
Posted: May 5, 2006 3:34 am

Goner R Sarah... if you're still stuck, you can crash at my place on Wed. I just gotta get up early Thur morning for work is all...

eh... maybe I'll call in.

Can I predict that I'll call in sick Thur?
Posted: May 5, 2006 4:09 am

bring it! i go down with only a bite? that's sad
Posted: May 5, 2006 5:13 am | Edited by: JJ Champion

am i going to have a problem using the skyway? im still not sure about my driving/train riding but if its gonna be a pain in the ass, ill freak out. i hate chicago driving. i hate it when people dont drive like i want them to

The skyway will still be OK, just take like the second exit after you get off the skyway. It's called STONY ISLAND AVENUE / LAKE SHORE DRIVE. Follow the signs a mile or two to Lake Shore Drive, and take that north to Chicago Avenue. Then you take that a couple few miles to Western Avenue and you're pretty much there. Normally that would be a dumb way to get to the Bottle, but seriously with the construction on the Dan Ryan it's probably the best way to go.

Dig this: http://www.danryanexpressway.com/altroutes.html
Posted: May 5, 2006 6:35 am

i hate chicago driving.

you hate moths too..!!
Posted: May 5, 2006 6:37 am

hey the quote thing dont work for me..?? wheres the pretty italic slanted stuff..!!?
Posted: May 5, 2006 7:38 am

i predict i will go home broke and have to throw a rent party
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:01 am

I predict that I miss the Oblivians AGAIN because nobody will return my call.
Posted: May 5, 2006 8:19 am

I predict that I kick the rape ape's ass and anally rape him and steal his ebay money and his tickets for saturday night.

hope you got eyes in the back of yer head coz you are MINE sucka!
Posted: May 8, 2006 4:09 am

Can we all wear
Posted: May 8, 2006 4:10 am

oops! Can we all wear nametags w/ our Goner board names on them or something so we can all figure out who each other is? Except for me and Arman and Lisalisa... cuz we already use our real names.
Posted: May 8, 2006 5:31 am

Nadine, the goner nametags are SOOO gonerfest I. But i think they all said "hello my name is dtrain"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®