Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / For the Fashion Crew
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 4:40 pm

I bought some of those Salt jeans that name their pairs after NYC streets/neighborhoods (I know, I know) and I must say, they are easily the best fitting jeans--other than vintage Levis-- I have bought in over 4 years (since the original Sevens).

I got them barely used for $50--the straight leg St. Marks Place pair. Hype well worth it.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 4:49 pm

They hide that fine booty of yours though.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 5:19 pm

Oh know, ac-cen-tu-ate.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 5:25 pm

I'm so not with it when it comes to jeans. I wear 2nd hand GAP jeans. I don't think I have any other brand. Maybe I'll try on some of that designer stuff sometime though. I will be near a Nordstrom's on Sunday.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 5:29 pm

my favorites are a pair of earls that i bought used.......they're about to fall apart now though......
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 5:45 pm

I am telling you, as much as I hate to admit it, the more the $$$, the better the jean (sometimes). I will also vouch for Joe's Jeans. I stopped buying them when I stoped my last bout with anorexia a few years back, but those really lengthen the leg. These Salt's are very flattering and don't ride all low so the crack hangs out all over. They are simple too. I like the straight leg--I am tired of that boot cut crap.

Another good one is Paper Denim & Cloth.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 7:18 pm

Shoes are my poison. I've got several pairs of Fluevog's -- I like to consider them "my tattooes" (I have no tats, and 'Vogs cost about the same).

I'm big on purses too, but most of them have been hideous the past couple of years, which saves me money. I've got about a hundred of 'em though, mostly vintage or homemade.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 7:22 pm

My Goner shirt has gaping holes in each armpit.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm wearing socks with my slip-ons today. I don't know how I feel about it.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 7:37 pm

I wish I could actually afford the shoes and purses I love. Usually the ones I like the most are no less than $250. I go easy on shoes and bags and they'd last forever, but I rarely have that kinda money to just drop right then & there.

Sping shoes are usually a little less, so maybe I will find some good ones.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm also wearing this pseudo-reversable, blue, members-only-looking jacket. It has these white racing-stripe things going down the sleeves, so maybe it's fly. I don't know. Inside has this green/white/yellow/blue plaid thing going on. I can't see me "reversing" the jacket anytime soon.

Casual Friday means I don't have to care.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 7:49 pm

I need some slippers that match my bathrobe better. normally I wouldn't care, but these are my work clothes we're talking about.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 7:52 pm

My Goner shirt has gaping holes in each armpit.
thats funny, hemants does too

I am such a clothing/shoes/fashion addict, but my new goal is to lose many pounds, and save some money, then I can go splurge and buy new clothes, and I will damn it, I will!!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:06 pm

I wish I could actually afford the shoes and purses I love. Usually the ones I like the most are no less than $250.

I don't pay full price on the stuff. We got a good contact at the local Fluevog who lets us in on what's getting marked down, I hound Filene's basement for automatic markdown stuff, and buy stuff on eBay.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:07 pm

My new goal is to have a few good comfy yet cool clothes to survive the extra hips weight (I am the same size up top) and then lose and then buy MORE!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:10 pm

I'd kill to live near a Filene's basement. Nordstroms Rack can be OK, but they typically have these tacky pink and neon Juicy and Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs bags on sale, nothing I'd ever thing of carrying.

I am afraid of eBay for bags.

I saw a great purse at Lipstick Traces in Seattle recently for $245--one of a kind, two colors of soft suede, HUGE, all these external and internal pockets. It was awesome, but me no have $245.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:11 pm

Where's Sara Jessica Parker when you need her to set some bitches straight?
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:13 pm

Sarah Jessica Parker can take her 100 pair of tacky ass Manolos and shove them up her horse nostrils. Who gives a damn about her? She ain't got no original style!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:17 pm

Sarah Jessica Parker is known around my house as "Horse Face".
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:17 pm

I don't spend much money on clothes or bags, my passion is shoes and boots. You can fake fancy clothes with decent quality inexpensive stuff, but you can't fake the shoes. And I don't generally like to carry purses.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:19 pm

"Square Pegs,Square Pegs--- Square!!! Pegs!!!"

"Horse Nostrils"... funny!

My Goner shirt just has some tiny holes in the front,like a mouse nibbled on it.

Otherwise my Fashion knowledge is useless against this thread.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:20 pm

Mine too -- or just a simple whinny will do.

I never thought of Penelope Cruz as being horsefaced until that bit on "Family Guy". Now, that's all I can think of when I see her -- "Hey, it's Seabiscuit! Have a carrot!"
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:20 pm

Agreed re: the shoes. I love bags though and looooove expensive ones that I can never afford. And I also love clothes. So that about covers it!

But I hate Sarah Jessica Parker. And Jennifer Aniston. And any actress with a horse face.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:24 pm

Y'all bes' not be dissin' Mr. Ed.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 8:35 pm

I hate the people who worship them more .
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 9:15 pm

My new favorite jeans are Levi's 514 Slim Fits....they're freakin comfy & the perfect cut....I thought I'd never find Levi's that I liked - but these rule!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 9:48 pm

501 buttonfly

i'm afraid to wear any other jeans

buy them dark blue and they last for about 6 years
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 10:06 pm

this thread is killing me, I really want this pair of sheylelles

http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?p=5022237%7EWomens%7Eseych&sc=WOMENS& variant_id=EC1004569
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 10:07 pm

Stunning new outfit, 100 dollars. Beautiful dress slingbacks from Seychelles, 79.99. Having everyone's eyes on you at the party, priceless!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 10:21 pm

Posted: Feb 24, 2006 10:23 pm

$80.00 these days for a pair of shoes is not bad, but i try not to go over that unless it is a boot

if you opt for the target version for 30.00 you can only wera them for ten minutes
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 10:41 pm

Those are perfect--you can wear them in the summer bare legged and then with tights in the winter...well-worth $79 and free shipping!

I need new socks. The ones I like cost way too much money. Why do they torture us ladies?
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 11:27 pm

There should be a law that says women can't leave the house without wearing high heels. God bless you.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 11:45 pm

I just got a new pair of character shoes. Cute heels and they are PERFECT for jumping around in on stage. I am seriously broke and in debt, so I got them as a present for V-day. Yay!

http://www.sfdancewear.com/product.php?Category_ID=102&Product_ID=565

These are close - mine are the Capezio version, which are less expensive ($70) and last a little longer
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 11:49 pm

Those are cute--I like the idea of thick heels; much easier to actually walk in but they still look sexy.
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 12:39 am

The thick heels are a neccesity for me. Between dancing at shows and stomping alot when I'm playing, I'd probably break an ankle wearing spikes, no matter HOW hot they look. In my opinion, spike heels have a purpose, but aren't designed to wear standing up for more than a few minutes... ;-)
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 12:45 am

Nope--that is why super high and wedgy-y wedges and the pointed but thick heel are the best. Stilettos kick ass but eh, they are dangerous.
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 1:05 am

just wanted to send a shout to the fashion crew!
fyi: forevs 21 has totally awesome pirate/sailor girl wear, (cute!!! stripes!!!) i bought those seychelles and they totally fall apart (but AWE$some) and
i think its all about MATTE lipstick this spring. ruby woo and pink noveau )from mac. as my makeup man said 'ladies lose the gloss'
love you, laurel
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 1:15 am

OMG! Love you too, Laurel!!
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 2:20 am

Ruby Woo looked like crap on me. The only lipstick that I have been able to stand by is NARS Flair. It looks sorta brownish with gold flecks in the tube but on, it is this perfect berry color--not too lipsticky either. I have bought it in bulk so I can always have it.

They are trying to pawn off all these crazy pinks this Spring, but you are gonna have to be some kinda wonderful to pull those off. I saw a bunch of pix from the MAC spring show and they all just looked like a bunch of PINK lips, not girls.
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 7:42 pm

i will check out flair after work today. i wear nars chihuahua lip gloss. (among about oh 1000 other colors)
also i saw the william eggleston movie a few weeks ago, i think that was on a thread a long time ago...did you like it? it was kind of like a train wreck but i liked/hated that he said 'i never make mistakes'
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 7:59 pm

I'm wearing socks with my slip-ons today. I don't know how I feel about it.

I love jackstands!

I stand by Lucky's - not really "designer" but designer enough to kick my bank account's ass.
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 9:05 pm

haaaaaaaaa. at my house too. :D

i just generally tend to buy everything in black. it all matches and i don't have to worry too much about spending a lot of money. i buy everything hella clearanced during the summer. i have a nine west coat that i spent 60 bucks on. a bunch of old jeans from my dad and from thrift stores. the most i have spent on jeans is 20 bucks at target. shoes - the most expensive pair i have are some boots my dad got me for christmas. i usually just spend 20-50 bucks on those too.

the bad bad bad habit i have though are dresses and purses. i have fifty tons of really cute summery dresses that look straight up 40-50-60's styles. and then i have a lot (and i do mean a lot) of purses. i'm kind of an addict. i just never spend more than 50 bucks on any of them though. i tend to stay fairly conservative with them.

i also have a shitload of wifebeaters. in different colors. most of them are black. i don't like to deter much from my normal color scheme. heh.

black, white, and some reds. occasionally turquoise when i am feeling sassy. heh.

and fuck losing the lip gloss. i hate normal lipstick. gloss is the only way i have gone for fucking years.
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 11:49 pm

Laurel-- are they selling NARS at Saks or where? I know that Beauty Bar place on NW 23rd has it but they really have no idea what they are doing and treat me like shit because I am not reeking of West Hills when I go in there. I can't do gloss. It feels sticky on me--I like sparkly berry colors.

I just went to UNA, Local 35, Red Light (having a great sale--but they are so full of Britney Spears wear), Imeldas and then to Pastaworks to get stuff for fresh lasagne!!! What a day!
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 12:41 am

levis 518 ultra low boot cut are the best jeans there are. if you don't mind shwing ass crack 24/7.
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 1:03 am

I am way into the high rise 70's trouser leg--very Donna on that 70's show. For just regular jeans, I like vintage Levi's 646 or 684.
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 1:18 am

I got some of those black Seven jeans in NY a few years ago... I wear 'em so much they got holes in the crotch!
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 1:22 am

Uh...EXCUSE ME???!!!
I seriously cannot believe what I am having my intern read out loud to me off this dog & pony board. Levis'? Nordstrom's rack? Filene's basement? It's a good thing I don't know anybody who works for the department of sanitation cause I would TOTALLY have my interns call them to have this mess cleaned up!!!!
People. It's nice to have ..I don't know..a TV sense of fashion , but until you can really afford it (I mean REALLY afford it!), It's a good idea to leave the fashion to the pros. Please put back on your Taco Bell uniforms for now funny ones, & I'll see you waiting in line for tickets to my upcoming movie SPINNING INTO BUTTER. Thank you.

Buy my perfume!
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 3:50 am

Joe Dixon! A boy wearing Sevens? Wow! I love my black Sevens; I also got em right after 9/11 in NYC when everything was dirt cheap. But like I said, those Salt Works St. Marks Place ones are really comfy and sexy too!
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 3:51 am

Sarah Jessica, you got your horse face FIRED from Gap! Who are you to talk?
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 4:57 am

Uh...EXCUSE ME??!!
I broke my contract due to 'irreconsilable differences' because they wanted to use me as in an advertisement wearing some cheap garbage that I'm sure some of you clammer for out of the sunday cupon pullouts. I ,unlike some, have some sort of dignity! I(as you can imagine) was too expensive for them anyway.

Much like my perfume!
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 6:30 am

No one's more horse faced than Hillary Swank. Not even you, SJP!
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Fiery-
Memphis totally sucks for great makeup, I usually hit up Sephora.com, when I went to the store in NY, I thought I was going to orgasm, which is a great color by Nars. We do have a benefit counter, but I have found that i really like Dior. The makeup is so smooth and easy to apply. And the Dior show mascara makes my lashes look three times as long as they are. Amazing stuff.

i bought those seychelles and they totally fall apart (but AWE$some) and
ohh, I hope they don't fall apart, are you tough on shoes? I am usually pretty good, I can keep shoes for a long time. I usually go for nine west, but you can only have so many stilettos, I need variety.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 2:18 am

Is that Zoe place still in Laurelhurst? That was the first place I ever saw Stila.

I have heard great stuff about Dior--but right now I am big on NARS and Laura Mercier. Mac also has great eyeshadows. I love Nars orgasm blush--have you tried their Deep Throat blush?

Sephora's stores will bring a woman to tears. They don't have one here (yet) and when I saw the one in Downtown Seattle a few weeks back, I was going crazy in my seat like a three year old passing Baskin Robbins by.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 3:29 am

Yo- my ex dragged into a few of those Sephora places in Paris... a little much, but whatever.

Anyway, fiery, I think they just opened/are about to open one out in Washington Square or Bridgeport Village or sumpin... I overheard my mom and my 12-year-old girl cousin talkin about it over Xmas.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 4:03 am

Worth the drive to Tigard!!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®