Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Tav Falco
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 6:18 pm

new full feature in Arthur Magazine on Tav

http://www.arthurmag.com/store/index.php?ID=27
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 6:41 pm

He definitely has his niche now---he was an anachronism. Herky jerky art punks, here's yer hero!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 4:48 pm

Herky jerky art punks, here's yer hero!
I dunno about that - the kids might dig the package, but they sure don't like surprises. At their best, it was Tav Falco and his UnPREDICTABLE Panther Burns. With George Reinecke, they were almost dangerous.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 4:51 pm

If George and Jack Taylor would have had a band together....MELTDOWN!
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 5:17 pm

I think you'd be surprised. I was there during the whole Reinecke shebang and I think the package and the whole thing would have been great in some of the circles they gots going around here in the 2000's. This town is so crammed full of artists that just seem to FIT way more than we did back in 1984. I think the danger would appeal.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 5:54 pm

Fiery-you may be right. Being the natural born cynic that I am, my knee jerk is to write "the kids" off. That said, Tav and company were always pretty good at engaging an audience of hostiles. And that was always more fun than being stuck in a crowd of sycophants. Of course, I never saw them in Memphis, so what do I know.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 6:22 pm

Oh believe me it was sycophant city with hippie chicks doing Grateful Dead dances and people hanging on every word he and/or LX Chilton said or whatever asshole manuever they were pulling. Alex was especially cruel. I am glad I was 17 and 18 and observing it all as a shy kid rather than salivating blatantly for whatever reason!

I think now there are so many weirdo kids that could hold their own with those cats. Even the sycophants would be intriguing. I write the kids off too but I have met a couple here and there of late that I can't help but admire.
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 6:29 pm

If you walk by the old Antenna Club late late at night and the weather conditions are just right, you can still hear the reverb from a long ago Panther Burns show
Posted: Feb 24, 2006 6:32 pm

I still have my silkscreened posters! We were like little rats whispering about all of it, as we were considered too young and not cool enough to be fully involved. Which, as stated, was in retrospect a really good thing. I am glad I wasn't wearing hippie broomstick skirts and spinning around to raucous rock music. I wore Betsey Johnson and kitten heels, y'all!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®