Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / You know who makes me sick?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:48 pm

Pharell from N.E.R.D
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:33 pm

I feel sick that I now know one of the people's names from NERD!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:36 pm

He was featured in this pre-movie crap they have at Regal Cinemas. He was in the requisite rapper's basement studio recording the theme song for this years All Star Game. He was talking to the camera about his art behind each beat & sample and how they matched each individual All Star and then he said, "I mean, this has NEVER been done before."

Everytime I see him I wonder who he is and how exactly he got that famous. Kinda like the Black Eyed Peas.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:39 pm

What is N.E.R.D?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:42 pm

He produced "Whoomp, There It Is" when he was 17 or something. I think. So that's who he is and how he got famous.

He's like the Prince Paul for retards.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:47 pm

He's like the Prince Paul for retards.

And he thinks he is the P. Diddy for hipsters.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:51 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Isn't N.E.R.D. the thingee he has with his Japanese high school buddy? For awhile in the early 2000's they were the producers du jour, like when it got unhip to have Timbaland do your remix, they get Pharell and the Japanese kid who were like "Timbaland extra-light" to do it. The irony is that Timbaland sort of gave them the exposure. Then they are also involved in some wack bullshit with the lead singer from Blur. Maybe that is N.E.R.D I don't know, it is all stupid suburban night club white whore hiphop to me.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:54 pm

Wisconsin is being hit with a huge storm right now. 10-12 inches today!!

FUCKING BULLSHIT.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:56 pm

I don't know him except from photos and I think he had somethin' to do with that Clipse song "Gridin'" which is a favorite of mine.

Always been a little afraid of n.e.r.d. and quite frankly I think the black eyed peas are garbage

the n.e.r.d. album cover of the dude in tube socks, flip flops, and playstation contoller is priceless, though.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Matthew, if you saw this Pharrell in his studio thing you'd wanna rip his head off.

And the Black Eyed Peas...they simply gross me out. That plastic surgery disaster, Fergie? The Asian guy with the ponytail on top of his head? The shite songs?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:15 pm

there's alot to hate there.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:19 pm

I think he produced that Clipse album, they're on his label also or were.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:50 pm

I'm-a-gonna get get get you drunk.Get you drunk with all this junk.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:59 pm

i'm glad i've never heard of that Pharell from N.E.R.D!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 7:43 pm

I hate the black eyed peas, but pharrell's never offended me -- and I really like 2 n.e.r.d. songs -- bobby james and the provider. good rock/rap stuff.

you know what i DO hate? the three hours i wasted this morning trying to hook up with yo gotti -- we were on for a meeting last night that never happened, then we were spozed to meet at melanie's soul food at 11AM, at 10:58 his publicist called and said we had to move it back to 11:45, I was pulling into the parking lot so i ended up driving downtown and running some errands, at 11:40 I was driving back to the north-north and the publicist called again, confirmed the interview, then one minute later cancelled it. all this and apparently gotti was sitting at melanie's, but the publicist wouldn't let me do the interview without HIM there, and he doesn't drive so he has a hired car, which, he finally told me, was late, and so I wasted 2 hours on nothing...

video shoot went well though although they didnt use automatic slims, one of my locations...
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 7:53 pm

He did indeed do that Clipse album and the song they did with Baby: "What Happened to Dat Boy?" Pharrell sucks, but Clipse is always awesome.

'DIS VIRGINIA NIGGA
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 8:01 pm

I saw NERD two years ago : Pharell really pissed me off. He loves the ideas of all these young girls idolising him
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 8:04 pm

they didnt use automatic slims

As long as they used automatic weapons
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 9:43 pm

Andria, are you trying to get me to hate yo gotti's publicist?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:01 pm

yep, especially bc i was gonna ask gotti to dissect SHAWTY line by line...
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:02 pm

ps it is hilariously awesome that his publicist has a hired driver!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:11 pm | Edited by: luteinizer

And the Black Eyed Peas...they simply gross me out. That plastic surgery disaster, Fergie? The Asian guy with the ponytail on top of his head? The shite songs?

okay this is the sold out version of the Black Eyed Peas, they used to be good; before Fergie joined they had Behind the Front and Bridging the Gap- two great albums, they were compared to the roots, tribe called quest, blackalicious, blackstar, and the fugees; it had an old school hip-hop vibe. They had de la soul, macy gray, and mos def on their albums not Furgwad. So check out the real BEP before you judge too harshly.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:13 pm

And Ghostface Killah's new jam sucks gren donkey dicks.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:14 pm

that sucks, i love the old wutang individual albums, but OBD, or little baby jesus or whatever he called himself before he cracked out had some nasty lyrics
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:14 pm

What you goní do with all that junk?
All that junk inside that trunk?
Iíma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
What u goní do with all that ass?
All that ass inside them jeans?
Iím a make, make, make, make you scream
Make u scream, make you scream.
Cos of my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:17 pm

I know I'm not the only one that's filling the void
Creatively hip-hop is being destroyed
A lot of rappers really need to be unemployed
because the topics that them talk about has got me annoyed
You see I heard it all before, there's no need to repeat it
The forms I vacated, might as well delete it
Put your program in and open a new file
You shoulda took your record advance and bought a style
We the only crew that came original
while a lot of other brothers just mimic the pile
The pile that's only designed for pop charts
that contradicts thought, that's the reason we brought
it back cause honestly it lacks
talent and creativity, in fact
these are symptoms to somethin that's wack
And your system senseless to witness that
So, baby if you wanna, we gon' speak on it
We gon' tell the world why hip-hop is haunted
Money is a drug and MC's is on it
We gon' take it back to the days of Mantronix

they wrote about other selling out and lacking creativity, and they have slaughtered themselves
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:24 pm

i loathe all that 'southern' rap shit. little john, paul wall, slim thug, t.i.....

it's annoying as fuck. the only southern rappers worth a shit are the geto boys and mc shy d.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Gotta be tough!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:55 pm

Gigalo Tony was cool too....

rapp will never die
http://www.hakushouse.com/images/Cassettes/z210004.jpg
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 10:57 pm

ps it is hilariously awesome that his publicist has a hired driver!

I love that he "doesn't drive"; that was making me hate him but if it makes me laugh too.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 11:00 pm

i loathe all that 'southern' rap shit. little john, paul wall, slim thug, t.i.....

Watch where you tread, here, boy!!!!

Have you heard Bun B? The stuff off Trill I have heard is so so fly.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 11:01 pm

I hate to think the new Ghostface sucks, but it happens to everyone I suppose.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 11:03 pm

Lute, I could give the old BEP a chance, but answer me this, HOW do you go from being cool, on the real, sorta like the Roots, to utter crap on a Best Buy ad (prob. the most annoying Best Buy ad in the history of the world) with a useless wreck like Fergie in your band? Was that dude just a slave to the dollah?
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 4:21 am

dont even ask her - she won't know!
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:11 am

Pharell

Who the hell is Pharell or Nerd? I'm just gonna qualify you as gey since this has something to do with "Whoomp, There It Is" Yeah, you suck.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:26 am

you people should check out dalek. awesome underground hip hop with incredible lyrics and soundscapes and beats that will blow your fucking mind...

http://www.deadverse.com/

seriously, give them a chance. they've made an album with german legends faust and have played with everybody from the melvins to de la soul...

check out the albums 'From filthy tongue of gods and griots' and 'Absence' and be blown away at how good hip hop can be.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 9:18 am

I'm just gonna qualify you as gey since this has something to do with "Whoomp, There It Is" Yeah, you suck.

ha, that's hilarious because it's actually Little Rock native Al Bell who's behind Whoomps -- the Stax promotions man who worked his way up the ladder til he became label veep coordinated the WattStax festival and documentary film. in the 80s, he headed the Motown Records Group and helped engineer that label's sale to MCA. after that he signed Tag Team and Duice to his own Bellmark Records label. the 1st group's hit -- yep, you guessed it, Whoomps There It Is -- sold more than 5M copies. Duice's Dazzey Duks sold 2M.

and don't forget that Stax co-founder Estelle Axton produced Disco Duck!
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 9:19 am

holy shit, i finally figured out how to quote!!!
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 9:55 am

He's more "Pharrell from the Neptunes" than from N.E.R.D. First and foremost he's 1/2 of a production team w/ Chad Hugo, the other thing is a side-project band that mostly sucks.

As for the Neptunes production though, they're easily one of the best things going in hiphop. They completely revamped and changed the sound of most rap records coming out, and have pretty much done no wrong.

And he got his first break writing the 3rd verse to "Rumpshaker". Not Whoomp.

The Neptunes did do the Clipse album, which is fantastic. Almost as good is the Clipse mixtape released this year.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 12:14 pm

They completely revamped and changed the sound of most rap records coming out, and have pretty much done no wrong.

Yeah, they killed hiphop - if it wasn't already dead!!!

Hiphop = danger, tension, not that crappy pharell shite
Schoolly D, EPMD, Boogie Down Productions, those were the men
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 3:28 pm

the Clipse mixtape --I was looking diligently for this last weekend and no one has it.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 4:43 pm

Myself for stooping. Totally gay...
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 5:34 pm

didn't pharell do that song with snoop
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 5:38 pm

yeah, drop it like its hot
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 6:03 pm

Drop It Like Its Hot was sooooooooo boring.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 6:33 pm

Fiery, you need to hear the Hollertronix remix of Drop It Like It's Hot. it's the Snoop vocal over a Cure breakbeat. so ill!

as for Pharrell, i like Neptunes beats. i mean that Clipse album and Milkshake? come on! thankfully, i've not been subjected to the Pharrell media blitz, so my only exposure has been the tunes. i'll try and keep it that way by the sounds of it.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 6:57 pm

"Milkshake" was clever and I have not heard Clipse. I, on the other hand, have been subjected to more Pharrell media blitz than any thing he has produced, so that is where I am coming from. He is worse than P. Diddy...at least you can laugh at P. Diddy--he is so ugly and over the top. Pharrell is sort of attractive and dates Jade Jagger and 6 foot supermodels and designs bad streetwear featuring dollar bill logos...I guess I appreciate a short, mouth-breathing producer with an umbrella-toting butler for my celebrity laffs!
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:00 pm

i bet you'd like Clipse. it's all kinda smart gangsta. and yeah, those Ice Creams sneaks are doo-doo ugly, but the Pharrell Nike Dunks were pretty tight. you see the Chapelle parody of Making The Band? holy crap that was funny.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:02 pm

I have not heard Clipse.--you totally have. GRINDIN'--2003. You know that song. Hear I'll beatbox it for you...chunnk chunnk chunk, doot doot doot doot doot dun dun doot doot doot dun...gridin'..you know that I keep it in line'n(alignin?)chunk chunk chunk(<--sounds like cardoor slams)
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:33 pm

matthew. I live in Portland where they still play "Gin & Juice" twenty times a day.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:36 pm

I live in Portland where they still play "Gin & Juice" twenty times a day.

have you heard The Gourds version of Gin & Juice?
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:47 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Nope. The only hip hop and r&b station here is owned by Paul Allen and plays only the hits. Everyonce in awhile you'll here something different, but for the most part it is the old and played out or really shitty ballads like "Ahm in luvvvv wif a stripppurrrr".
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:58 pm

Paul Allen has crunk juice.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:59 pm

anyone here into this guy from NY, Percee P? he has been blowing my mind lately. rhymes all fast and boisterous like old Rakim. super good.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®