Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / is it egotistical...?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 1:16 am

to make a poster of yourself, say 2 feet by 4 feet, and put it on your wall alongside posters of keith and mick?

i can't decide if it's shamefully egotistical or truly badass.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 1:17 am

furthermore, is it egotistical to double post your post?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 1:25 am

are you kidding??? my place is plastered with huge posters of myself.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 1:37 am

I'll take one.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 1:47 am

bj, that's fucking RAD! dude, i'm really gonna make a poster from this picture of me rocking balls in rotterdam. i look SICK and fucking ROCK. i've decided that i'm about to make myself my own god since i've worshipped every other loser in my path and they all blow chunks.

JENNA is JESUS.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 1:52 am

3 or 4 years ago my sister gave me a painting that she had done of me.....it kinda weirded me out. i gave it to my mom who put it in a closet.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 1:59 am

I'll take one.

bj, that's fucking RAD!

Not to burst yur bubble (okay, I'm having fun bursting your bubble) but I was talking to Brad.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:01 am

that would be pretty funny to have a big painting of brad x hanging in your house! you should start selling those on ebay!!!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:02 am

hey brad.......we could just trade! mine's pretty funny though cuz it's from when i used to have black hair.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:02 am

bubble bursting is pretty gay.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:04 am

if I had a decent looking painted portrait of myself I would frame that fuckin thing in the gaudiest looking frame possible and hang it right in the middle of the house so that it would be impossible not to see. problem with paintings is they never look like the person enough. a poster of myself though, that would just be tacky.

dammit., you totally burst my bubble. now my ego is slain again. fucking seesaw.

nah, chris, you're a poster boy. it should be done.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:38 am

You wanna trade something for on of those paintings, Brad? Or I'd be down to buy one for 20 dollars.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:38 am

ape, you rule!

New stage name for April N= Ape-rule.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:44 am

ehh.....i'll stick with april
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:44 am

actually, the painting my sister did of me was from a photo and it looks exactly like it.......doesn't really look much like i do now though since i'm back to being red headed
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:55 am

ehh.....i'll stick with april

It's too Charlton Heston-ish, eh? I understand.

I "knew" this girl whose mother had a portrait of herself as a 20-something girl hanging above her bed. The painting depicted her in the buff with her hands strategically covering the naughty bits. You'd think that was done to be "arty," but the painting was on black velvet, so forget that theory.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:58 am

now, if i had a picture of myself like that i would totally hang it up!

this is a larger than life picture of me from the shoulders up on masonite........
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:06 am

Brad that is totally fucking awesome. Be happy she isn't making you afghans..........Although, they are kinda useful. Well, when it's really cold and stuff. That's what my mom does. That and spreading the word of the tarot. I want one! Post a picture of one!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:09 am

I got one of Granny Bazooka's afghans and it's my favorite thing in the world.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:19 am

JENNA is JESUS

that's hot!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:19 am

Granny Bazooka? Grannies make the best afghans, and they are meant to be cherished. My grandma only makes barbie clothes. My other grandma makes nothing. Nick's grandma makes afghans and quilts. She rules!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:20 am

Mark wants to fuck Jesus. This I have to see. Will there be a video?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:21 am

A few years back one of my good friends/former roommates commissioned a portrait of his likeness (payment was an eighth of shitty pot), but on my insistence he asked that the artist depict him in the nude, legs spread, a big gnarly vagina in place of his dick. We hung it proudly over our couch in the living room for a year. It was awesome. It's still the best portrait I've ever seen.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:22 am

wow!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:22 am

Yeah. I have a picture of it somewhere that I can dig up.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:23 am

Granny Bazooka is a Killer Latin Boogaloo Floor Filler!

Ai ai ai!!!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:24 am

Pastlame is groovy sunshine pop. In stereo.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:27 am

i love strange portraits.......i buy any that i find for cheap.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:28 am

only if jenna is jesus. if jesus is still a dude, that would be gay and would fall under a totally different thread.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:29 am | Edited by: Pastlame

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendI D=3627739&imageID=503427835&Mytoken=583AF54F-7F95-1354-AC99B2002F279F4 116590116

I'm sure that picture won't last long on MySpace, but I don't know how else to link it. My favorite part is the dumb arty background.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:29 am

I found this shitty amateur pseudo Dali type thing in the basement and there's a naked chick laying down with a towel covering her head. It's hanging in the living room!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:30 am

Damn... well, I WAS talking about Jenna-Jesus, not Jesus-Jesus. I wouldn't want to insinuate any sexual DEVIANCE for fuck's sake. Just some good ol' fashioned................shit I lost my train of thought again.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:30 am

That's a big round pussy!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:31 am

i keep getting an error.....
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:32 am

Try to log into MySpace, then click the link.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:32 am

it won't work.......i have problems with myspace at work cuz i have to use a proxy server
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:33 am

that puss kinda looked like a peach pit.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:35 am

i thought it looked like a wad of gum.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:40 am

There were some serious artistic liberties taken with respect to female anatomy...............but otherwise, I need this for my living room. No - my bedroom.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:41 am

But I just got really high and maybe I will regret this decision in the morning.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:42 am

ok......i saw it......that's pretty wild!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:42 am

Hey, not all pussies look the same. Variety is the spice of something.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:43 am

Also, there are a million great stories about the guy in the picture. The "Twins" from Mandy & the Twins can fill you in.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:44 am

Not any pussy looks like that! It was way distorted by some sick wishful thinkin'.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:45 am

Wow. Someone already deleted it.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:45 am

really? i got there just in time then.....
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:54 am

pastlame isn't it past your bedtime??? or shouldn't you be on terminal gaydom trying to pick up young boys???
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:55 am

I should, but I DO WHAT I WANT. Sound familiar, fossilface?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:38 am

Master P's crib is decorated with portraits of himself. it is both egotistical and bad-ass.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:41 am

In that T. Rex movie, Born To Boogie, Marc Bolan is wearing a T-Shirt with his own picture on it throughout the movie. I don't think everyone can pull that sort of thing off, but, Jenna, I bet you could. I would also like to place my order for a copy of that poster. BFF
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:59 pm

scott, i just saw that movie--whembley stadium right?--on PBS and almost pledged so I could get the DVD. yep, bolan was rockin' himself on his own chest. his bongo player was smokin' hot--oh yeah, and he played well too. BFF for sure. and eric o too. his advice always keeps me in check.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:45 pm

when i was like 17, this kid i went to school with got a tattoo of himself. it was kind of funny, for a few days
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 7:02 pm

You should give other people reasons for putting up posters of you,otherwise it's delusional grandure! I don't even own the Jeffrey Ames Gunn single, and I've never seen the posters made of me,I don't need shit like that to feel Important.But I WOULD like a Jenna Poster on MY wall. That's the way It's SUPPOSED to be Damnit!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 7:09 pm

jeff gunn, i love you. i'm not kidding.

your calling me a pothead sent me off bawling on tour last fall, and I was determined to climb up on stage in europe drunk as fuck and see where it led me. and it led to me to fucking GLORY. and alcoholism. but i think that was my proclivity anyway.

so, miss linda/mister gunn, you have a devoted fan in jesus right here. whoops, i mean jenna. i'm sending you a poster.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 7:25 pm

Getting High before I hit the stage was the 2nd scariest thing I've ever done in my life! I've only done it twice,but it was more frightening than Jail. We need to play a show together! Maybe next Goner fest. I want that poster. I'll e-mail you.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 8:06 pm

dude, we WILL rock together. gonerfest is on our radar and memphis is always on our radar. we're kin to that rock n' roll spirit fo' sho'.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 9:19 pm

My girlfriend Chrissy gave me a painting of myself for Valentine's day. It's weird but flattering that somebody would spend time paint my ugly mug:

http://myspace-470.vo.llnwd.net/00500/07/48/500778470_l.jpg
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 9:25 pm

<getting high before i hit the stage was the 2nd scariest thing i've ever done in my life!>

i never thought miss linda would let me down.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 1:49 am

so, miss linda/mister gunn, you have a devoted fan in jesus right here. whoops, i mean jenna. i'm sending you a poster.

Ummm...I believe I requested a poster before Jeff Gunn did. If he gets his before I get mine you can forget that BFF business.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 1:50 am

You're better off.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 2:41 am

I dated a cute little art major in college who did a 2' by 3' charcoal drawing of my erect penis as a gag b-day present (pun 100% intended). I hung that masterpiece over my bed until, well, actually it's still hanging there. So, no, I don't think a poster of yourself is egotistical but then my view of egotism is slightly skewed.

Actually, it's not still hanging there but the rest of the story is true.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 4:30 am

i was, for a time, in hot pursuit of this photographer girl who had these big, nude self-portraits hanging in her living room, all artful and whatnot. that shit had a brother OPEN.

to say nothing of the fact that she picked Gummo as a first date movie.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 2:35 pm

<i never thought miss linda would let me down.> Marijuana turns me into some different person alltogether,and it shure aint miss linda!I quit Wet Labia the night of a gig cause I had some 3-way buzz goin on, and a brand new Hematoma in my right knee. I've smoked pot 2 times in the last 6 months,and I hope to make it a hell-of-a-lot less ! NEVER AGAIN!
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 2:36 pm

NEVER...................EVER...................NERVER!
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 3:34 pm

yeah, I have to say, I barely ever smoke pot anymore. truly. and i've certainly never been a pot head. i don't do anything to excess like that.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 8:17 pm

Jenna if you love yourself enough to put up a poster, do it. Do it.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 2:46 pm

like KISS, we've now got individual band member posters available for sale! this shit will be autographed. limited 1,000. going FAST!

www.ghettoways.com

scott, did you get yours? jeff? eric o?
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 2:54 pm

you're a bad ass!
the boys must be scared of you
thats why they're boys
the world needs more women with balls (figuratively speaking)
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 3:31 pm

i'm sure you've dated plenty (literally speaking).
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:04 pm

i'm sure you've dated plenty (literally speaking).

And the winner is... Diggler, by knockout.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:09 pm

demographics of who will buy what, I guaran-damn-tee you:

the drug addicts, punks, partiers and wanna-be comics will go for HARRY

gearheads and girls go for SHANE

rocker boys and nerd boys go for me--and sometimes I'm really lucky and get the truly cool girls out there who know where i'm coming from.

1000 might not be enough! these are 24 x 36 inches, black & white, heavy duty (like Spinal Tap!)
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:25 pm

JENNA is JESUS.

I want one too!!!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:26 pm

that would be pretty funny to have a big painting of brad x hanging in your house! you should start selling those on ebay!!!

And that one too ofcourse, it'll make a nice couple on my wall!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:33 pm

only 999 left to go!!!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 4:45 pm

yes, jasper! i'm hand-delivering yours, dude!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 5:01 pm

Great! the other 999 will be sold easily during your european tour. You're big in Europe, well, at least in Holland.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 5:32 pm

and soon to be big in serbia!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 6:03 pm

I doubt it. They have the lowest average IQ of entire Europe (89). That's according to an article in the UK's Daily Mail. The Dutchies and the Germans share the #1 spot (107) of countries with the highest average IQ. Remarkably, those are the countries where the Ghetto Ways are most popular. Does that make it music for smart people?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=381057&in_page_id=1766&in_a_source=&ito=1490
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 6:33 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

is it egotistical...?

Yeah, but so what. Successful, happy, good looking people have photographs and paintings of themselves and loved ones all over their house. Why not a poster?

The only people that get upset by others egotism are the self-esteem deficient, and nobody cares about their opinion anyway.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 7:56 pm

The Dutchies and the Germans share the #1 spot (107) of countries with the highest average IQ.

Hey Jasper, you didn't participate in that research, did you?

This can't be thrue : the Italians and the Polish smarter then the Belgians? We speak three languages fluently, invented Europunk, waffles and the saxophone, WTF? Compared to Holland the Ghettoways sold twice as many records here (6).

I don't get it.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Ofcourse you don't get it, you're Belgian
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 8:06 pm

we sold SIX records in belgium? dude, that's mroe than we sold in NYC. cool!

i recall that night we rocked your squat, we made about 500 in merch. musta been t-shirts. next time around it'll be posters!
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 8:09 pm

Dutchies and the Germans
Who wins in arm wrestling matches?

Oh, and congratulations to you all for losing to the U.K. as "Most Boring Country". Seriously, I saw that on the late night news before dosing off last night.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:19 pm

i recall that night we rocked your squat

Sounds a little hostile : no seriously I had a great night.
Glad we've got better taste than those yanks, though.

Thanks Jack, we all agree on that.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:30 pm

I sense another world war.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:31 pm

JJ, SUP MAN?
We Gone Rock The Blackout Again?
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 9:41 pm

Sounds a little hostile

not me!

wasn't it that punk rock place?
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 11:25 pm

Damn, There's an empty spot on my wall that would be perfect for a painting of Brad X. Hook a brother up.
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 11:28 pm

I'll even punch a hole in the wall to put it over.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 10:39 am

wasn't it that punk rock place?

Ok, now I see you mean Lintfabriek Kontich, yes you could call it a "punk rock squat" : they're more into streetpunk/oi/hc shit nowadays. Used to be Belgium's prime garage/punkvenue though. Who cares anyway? Hope you play the pit's on your next tour, cause playin' after the Fatals was quite uh, fatal. They played way too loud, neighbours complained, volume was turned down and then you guys had to play...
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 12:31 pm | Edited by: jenna

yeah, the fatals CREAMED us that night--served our asses on a platter. i was beer soaked inside and out thanks to michael, but I was still ready to party after the slaughter--and did! turns out harry had ingested some concoction called "pot bread" before the rock, so the rock for him was pure purple haze.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 12:58 pm

Yep, beware the pot bread...
one of my friends was knocked out by that shit the same night. Someone else had to drive him home.
I remember your drummer stopping midset to go take a pee. Now I understand.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 3:03 pm

yeah, dude, he was WIPED OUT by that bread, plus about 30 beers, which is the usual. i've never seen harry go down for the count, but he did that night and was outside lying under a tree, with daddy daniel coaching him through the fog. i think we all said some prayers that night.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 1:48 pm

fuck 2 x 3. serbia is making a 9 x 9 FOOT poster of this picture to plaster outside the club. ha ha!!!!!! oh my god. harry and shane are gonna be cockwalking all through that town!
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 1:54 pm

so have Ghetto Ways ever played canada? any plans to?
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 2:08 pm

Ghetto Ways, last gig of the upcoming tour : sat Oct 14 Kontich - Lintfabriek. You're playing the "squat" again, and they added a "early Screaching Weasel-type band, haha!
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 2:37 pm

oh my god. thanks, steven. we'll be ready!

no, we've never played canada, and i'm certain we never will. but we're going to japan next year.
Posted: Sep 13, 2006 6:32 pm

See you in the Pit's. September is "goner-month" w/ King Louie tonight, RC Tanlines next week and then Ghetto Ways the week after. Should be nice. Kiss n run rules!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®