Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Best Live Bands RIGHT NOW!!!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:53 pm

DIE ROTZZ!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 6:59 pm | Edited by: bushmeister

I saw them Saturday in Milwaukee and Sunday in Green Bay.. They were good in Milwaukee but they were phenomenal last night in Green Bay.

Green Bay's MainStage is by far thee best place to see a show in the surrounding areas even if nobody shows up, but there was a pretty decent turnout last night for a Sunday!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:09 pm

Killer. I find out how much they rule on Friday night!

The motherfuckin' FATALS get my vote, but I know you Milwaukee-ites are gonna have some thing to say about that.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Cococomas!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:17 pm

err...err... ive never said anything about them till now... they are pussies for not making the wisconsin stop.. ive offered them 75 bucks plus whatever they make that night, free pizza and beer before the show and i havent heard a response.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:17 pm

demons claws
human eye
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:19 pm

Indian Jewelry
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:20 pm

recent killers that i've seen:

Mr. Quintron and Miss Pussycat
Reigning Sound
Black Lips
Spits
Reatards
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:21 pm

The Angry Angles were really good last night too by the way. I didn't want to leave them out.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:22 pm

die rotzz was the biggest disappointment of 2005 : their show at the pit's sounded like a sloppy rehearsal & was very tiresome! i was constantly wondering why some bands even care about crossing the atlantic...

best live band? every band with jay reatard in it!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:26 pm

die rotzz was the biggest disappointment of 2005 : their show at the pit's sounded like a sloppy rehearsal & was very tiresome! i was constantly wondering why some bands even care about crossing the atlantic...

That good, huh?
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:40 pm

I was literally "sucked in" to their set last night. I don't get "sucked in" that often.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:40 pm

best live band? every band with jay reatard in it!

Nobody has the energy that Reatard does.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:47 pm

Fatals. Especially Go Go Piero. He's a mad man. Go to Chicago if you can.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:49 pm

I saw them at the blackout and yeah, yer right, they have plenty of energy. So am I wrong then?
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:50 pm

I guess so.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Black lips
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:00 pm

Joe said it right, the motherfuckin' Fatals! Saw em 4 times the last weeks (and that's only the shows I'm counting) and they were more amazing each show. Going to Germany thursday to see the fuckers again.
Last summer I saw them in France and Piero was running around stage spittin'n'pukin' the whole show without missing a single note.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:02 pm

fatals destroyed das blackout
then some douche threw a bottle at the drummer

freedom fries...fuck you! SLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:05 pm

they won't come to our state because of a bottle one person accidently threw and hit the drummer. that = pussies with energy.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:08 pm

Stef, the drummer already needs a crutch to walk, ain't that enough?
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:11 pm

Oh fuck, here we go again... look, the Fatals will shit all over any band you can think of and they don't have to explain to you why they arne't coming, so speculate all you want about what pussies they are, but until you rule like they do shut your fucking dick sucking lips. Fag. HAHAA!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:14 pm

i rule over them and ned hayden put together.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:16 pm

Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:26 pm

how you gonna throw a bottle on accident?

black lips, spits when they play kzoo
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:27 pm

i meant to say he accidently hit the drummer.. everyone was throwing bottles and shit... it just so happened a wisconsinite hit em...
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:52 pm

This thread is making my day. YAY FATALS! They came to my non-dancing sleepy pothead bored-crowd town and tore it up. Then they worked up the crowd for the Cheater Slicks by pure force of will. Then they didn't have a shirt in my size and gave me some buttons because they RULE!!!

PIERO BRING ME A SIZE SMALL SHIRT!!! I'll give ya whatever you want for it cuz I love ya! Well, I guess there should be SOME boundaries. How 'bout a taco and hug?
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 8:58 pm

Piero had his new bass sent to my apt. and I'm dying to fuck with it. Somebody come over with an amp and we'll pretend to be the Fatals!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:00 pm

oh good lord I just found out they are not only going to be playing with the RAT TRAPS in Columbus, but also the CHEATER SLICKS AGAIN!!!?? Holy hell. I say you all make the trip and come here to see them.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:01 pm

FUCK YEAH!!! I am going to be so "sick" that next day!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:03 pm

Yup! We've already decided to make that our first sick day this year!
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:03 pm

"There's no way a band could play like that every night without dying"…Jay Reatard (The Reatards)
i don't know if that makes anyones mind up...

for me it was lost sounds
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:04 pm

that quote was in reference to the king brothers...
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:09 pm

king brothers

Are they still together? I haven't heard anything about them in a while...
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:15 pm

"There's no way a band could play like that every night without dying"…Jay Reatard (The Reatards)

that quote was in reference to the king brothers...

Yeah, they're one of those bands that's perfect live.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:15 pm

But are they still "right now?"
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 9:59 pm

Fatals are awesome live. I saw them three times in four nights when they were over here and they seemed better every time. And that Columbus show with the Cheater Slicks was killer. Cafe Bourbon St. is a great venue.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 10:00 pm

Fatals live makes you realize that their records sound like that for a reason, and it's not really just noise. Those dudes are playing their asses off.
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 10:05 pm

The Fatals are perfect and right now
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 10:05 pm

That Evolutions/Fatals split rules
Posted: Feb 13, 2006 10:09 pm

Those dudes are playing their asses off.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I couldn't believe Piero. He was all over the place, playing on the floor and doing all kindsa crazy shit and was FUCKING AMAZING. I'm a retarded fan boy. I mean girl. What can I say.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 12:01 am

The Jack Knive Five fucking kicked major ass noodles the last time I saw them. Tina and The Tits were almost perfect when I saw them, too. SO MAJOR KICK ASS. I THINK I'M GONNA SHIT MY PANTS.

HOLY SHIT!
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 12:22 am

Angry Angles were really good live.

Some of the best live ones:

Tyrades
We March
Human Eye
Battleship
Lightning Bolt
Federation X
Fatal Flyin Guilloteens
USAisAMonster
Lives of the Saints
Starvations (RIP)

These bands erase yr memories

And are also very danceable (ie. jumping up and down, boogie, lots of drunken swaying, headbanging, etc).

Still waiting to see Comets on Fire w/ Chasny. Bring it! Anyone seen Psychic Paramount yet?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 12:25 am

USAisAMonster

great band
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 11:08 am

nobody mention THE REAL LOSERS??
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 11:15 am

dmbq- (r.i.p. china)
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 1:31 pm

operation ivy
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:22 pm

Some of the best live ones:

Fatal Flyin Guilloteens

These guys are still playing shows? Also, I'd like to find their 45's. I have 'The Now Hustle For New Diaboliks' which I really think is just, 'ok' but I'd like to hear their best stuff.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:48 pm

Black Lips. You liked Indian Jewelry, Mitch? I dug their single but was really disappointed in their tribal worship drum bullshit...reminded me too much of Crash Worship style crud. Intelligence and Lamps for the first time each the other night was cool as hell. Angry Angles and Die Rotzz were great Sunday, as well.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:50 pm

oh that's nice. todd jumps ship on the real losers (was it the hand's dead kennedys post??) and jumps on the b-lips bandwagon. real original.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:54 pm

Lamps for the first time each the other night was cool as hell.

I heard that was one of the worst Lamps shows ever. I also heard a crackhead jumped on stage and pushed Monty up against a wall. That part's cool though.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:58 pm

I need to see the Lamps.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:35 pm

LAMPS NEED TO COME TO CHICAGO. NOW.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:40 pm

Lamps need to come to Columbus. They are at the very top of my "bands I have to see or I will die" list.

So...........who's planning this Lamps midwest tour?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Cheater Slicks (obligatory top pick but it's still true)
Reigning Sound
Hunches
Fatals
Shell Shag
Cococomas

Speaking of King Brothers, I never saw them live, but DMBQ did KICK ASS live also... sigh.

I've never seen the Black Lips or the Lamps. They couldn't be better than the Cheater Slicks. Sorry.

OK I'm going back to work now...
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:47 pm | Edited by: Pastlame

Black Lips are as good as the Cheater Slicks these days. The last few Black Lips shows I've seen were incredible.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:54 pm

Black Lips are as good as the Cheater Slicks these days

Different, but kinda true. The similarity come from the fact that they're both great even when they suck.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:54 pm

nobody mention THE REAL LOSERS??

they only played one song cuz the sounds wasn't good enough or something......worst show i saw that year! (sorry shaun....)
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:55 pm

oh.....and i agree with anything jay reatard does.....i've never seen a bad reatards, lost sounds, angry angles, final solutions, etc.....show
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:55 pm

You hear a lot, Bajooka Joe. The drummer was shitfaced and kept knocking his drums over. He thought they were playing earlier and seemed well over the line even before the Intelligence went on, but I don't have any reference point on any of this, so whatever. Not to be a gear nurde, but the guitar was as wicked-sounding as anything I've ever heard. The headliner falling apart while no one in the bar seemed to care aspect was great. I was into it. Monty mentioned a potential eastern tour of sorts, hopefully this summer!

Oh yeah, a dude did storm the stage, and I wasn't quite sure if they knew him or not...I guess not.

I didn't jump ship on the Real Losers, they got pregnant!
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:56 pm

trickknee, goddamn it! crash worship was my reference. fess up! yeah, indian jewelry was not doing it for me. gris gris were GREAT. as good as the albums, totally wrapped you up in it. very good.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:58 pm

Also, I've only seen the Cheater Slicks once, and they were fucking great that one time.

Real Losers were good in Chicago and awesome in Milwaukee.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:59 pm

You went home early every night, wimp! Yeah, Crash Worship was your reference, and frankly it ruined them for me 5-10 minutes before it woulda been ruined anyway. The minute I heard that, I couldn't take it anymore. The last couple times I saw the Black Lips were better than the couple times I saw the Slicks, and I'm a huge & long-time fan of theirs. It's dumb to ever compare two great bands, so let's not.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 6:59 pm

<worst show i saw that year!>

ouch!!! it's been a bad couple of days for our friend "the hand." first the dead kennedys debacle and now this.

why can't the b-lips be better than the cheater slicks wendy???

<wimp>

that should read "fag" todd. are you jet lagged???
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 7:00 pm

oh and whenever todd says he's a "huge fan" of somebody watch the fuck out!!! talk about two-faced backstabbers!!!
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 8:24 pm

Final Solutions and anything involving Ross Johnson
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 8:55 pm

Are you still moaning about that Action Swingers live CD review? Jeeth. Tho thenthitive.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:58 pm

why can't the b-lips be better than the cheater slicks wendy???

"As good as" I may be able to accept...

Have the Black Lips been together for 19 years? Do they regularly read each other's minds? All I'm saying is the Cheater Slicks are the original. A lot of these bands may not exist today if it were not for the Slicks...But then again I am pretty biased. Don't mess with my boys.

Oh yeah I forgot about Gris Gris. They were good too, as were Turpentine Bros. A band that is now defunct that were great live was the Necessary Evils, too... I am so glad I got to see them.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:11 pm

thanks for the history lesson wendy. i wouldn't know anything about that.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:12 pm

Do they regularly read each other's minds?

If by regularly you mean constantly then yeah.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:14 pm

coheed and cambria.....and, oh yeah; yer mom.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:19 pm

todd you reviewed the action swingers???
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:29 pm

thanks for the history lesson wendy. i wouldn't know anything about that

feels good to be schooled....eh dirky diggler
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:34 pm

i saw the black lips and the cheater slicks play a show together.....both were great but way more people seemed into the black lips.......i was actually one of the few people that stuck around to see cheater slicks play. it was a big bill though.....the spitoons, the fevers, and the preachers kids also all played that night.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:35 pm

the Cheater Slicks are gods and they've purified my wretched soul many o' nights....thanks God for the CS!
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 11:54 pm

Not counting Teengenerate, The Zero Boys and Mission of Burma and Lost Sounds (all three of which are in the top ten shows of the last two years):

Dungen
The Gris Gris
BBQ
The Reatards
An Albatross
The Spits
Elevator
The Deadly Snakes
The Dirtbombs
Holy Shit
Oneida
Usaisamonster
King Khan & BBQ Show
M.O.T.O.
Demon's Claws
Quintron
Brutal Knights
The Fatals
Japanther
The Besnard Lakes
Stack O' Lees
Old Time Relijun
Apples In Stereo
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 6:23 am

I gotta tell ya...I just worked the show with 'We March' at the Bottle & they freakin' SLAYED!!!.......the 8 people that were there.

injustice!
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 6:26 am

white stripes
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 10:20 am

Reigning Sound
Soundtrack Of Our Lives
You Am I
Turbonegro
Memphis Roadmasters
The VC's
Chris Wilson & His Famous Groovin' Flames
The Monster Club
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 5:50 pm

dude...you posted at 4:20....yeah!
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 6:09 pm

From London, mate! Slight time difference - seeing as it's GMT, that means y'all are always gonna be hours behind us! ;-)=
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:27 pm

I gotta tell ya...I just worked the show with 'We March' at the Bottle & they freakin' SLAYED!!!.......the 8 people that were there.

injustice!

I left Chicago yesterday afternoon, or else I woulda been. One of my favorite live bands.......ever?!?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:30 pm

And I seem to have forgotten Hunches, Gris Gris, and Black Lips. Easily some of the top dogs.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:41 pm

We March are a hardcore band that doesn't play with hardcore bands. A "tweener." They're really good, but they definitely play too long.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:42 pm

Die Rotzz is sort of a tweener hardcore band, as well.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 9:35 pm

--"We March are a hardcore band that doesn't play with hardcore bands. A "tweener." They're really good, but they definitely play too long."

they played 30 minutes last night - just the right amount of time to rip my face off.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 10:17 pm

That's perfect and a good bit shorter than their normal set.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 10:33 pm | Edited by: dirk diggler

you fags really make me laugh. be at union pool april 28 if you want the real answer.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 10:39 pm

Nah - I'd rather stay delusional - seems to work for you.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 10:51 pm

be at union pool april 28 if you want the real answer

why? are you gonna be behind the glory hole that night?
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:56 am

>>you fags really make me laugh. be at union pool april 28 if you want the real answer.

>>does the endless self-promotion ever stop around here???

......-----coughcoughdildocough---.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:58 am

>>you fags really make me laugh. be at union pool april 28 if you want the real answer.

>>does the endless self-promotion ever stop around here???

......-----coughcoughdildocough---.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about The Thing With Two Heads' DJ set that night.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:08 am

FUCK YOU BAZOOKA JOEY
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:13 am

member grade school when people would say "OOOOOOH what a quick comeback!" Well, this was so like that.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:25 am

yeah, flop you balona jew! stop sticking up for duck dicklicker. you know he was shamelessly selfpromotin the upcoming Action Niggers snorefest aka Yawnapallooza '06!!!!

testify,hypocrite, testFY!!!!!!

Friday, April 28
@ Union Pool
A-Bones w/guest frontman Jeff "Mono Man" Conolly!
The Action Swingers stage their return to the rock 'n roll arena!
Guilty Hearts kicking it Voodoo style all the way from LA!
Ghetto Ways getting ripped and ripping it up!

And in between, The Thing with Two Heads are gonna force us to dirty dance across the floor!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:35 am

real losers
cococoma
spits
reigning sound
tearjerkers
angry angles
black lips
jeff evans & ross johnson comedy revue...

king brothers still play but they've changed drummers (bummer!) and slowed down a bunch... still good, but different. they're on toshiba! there's a live dvd out there- i did the cover!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:37 am

Eric, when was the last time they came to the US? King Brothers. I thought it was a long time ago. I would love to see them.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:58 am

Busy Signals
Carbonas
Headache City
Marked Men
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 7:11 am

I left Chicago yesterday afternoon, or else I woulda been. One of my favorite live bands.......ever?!?

i wish i had known you were in town.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 2:47 pm

Die Rotzz were great last night. That guitar sound is so mid-90s garage punk, it hurts. Makes me actually want to buy one of those piece of shit Danelectro FAB pedals he was using.

Angry Angles started off great, but Jay went insane when some super fan from Winnipeg was stepping on his pedals and patch chords in the front of the "stage" area, prompting him to throw his guitar against a moniter, kick over a bunch of mike stands and storm off the stage after only four songs.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:24 pm

Jay went insane when some super fan from Winnipeg was stepping on his pedals and patch chords in the front of the "stage" area, prompting him to throw his guitar against a moniter, kick over a bunch of mike stands and storm off the stage after only four songs.

Sounds great to me!!!

They're angry angles after all
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:15 pm

yeah, it was, but four songs?? Come on. If Die Rotzz wasn't there I would have asked for my money back.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:18 pm

yeah, it was, but four songs?? Come on. If Die Rotzz wasn't there I would have asked for my money back.

I woulda been pissed if some knockoff fuck ruined the show for me.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:32 pm

Yeah, I'd be pissed at "superfan" as well. As much as I liked Die Rotzz (a lot), Angry Angles were even better.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 4:51 pm

thanks for the history lesson wendy. i wouldn't know anything about that

you asked for it, you got it. --what was that band you were in again, dirk?

both were great but way more people seemed into the black lips.......i was actually one of the few people that stuck around to see cheater slicks play

This is typical- this is how they earned the moniker "The Rodney Dangerfields of underground rock" (I think from Eric Davidson?) - they get no respect. I will say, for those who do stick around, it's worth it. What town was that in April?

Chris Wilson & His Famous Groovin' Flames Where is this band from? I knew a Chris Wilson, kicked heroin then killed himself in a car accident years later. Bummer.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:07 pm

delusional groupie girlfriends...
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:13 pm

What town was that in April?

Brooklyn, NY at the Northsix.....in 2004 i think.....possibly late 2003
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:14 pm

btw........that was my first time to see cheater slicks and i was blown away....i thought they were great!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:16 pm

Brooklyn, NY at the Northsix.....in 2004 i think.....possibly late 2003

It was '03, the week after the Oblivs reunion. I kept thinking Tom was gonna swing his guitar at my head.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:19 pm

a local band that is getting better everytime i see em: the boston chinks. last time i saw em i was truly impressed.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 5:28 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Fucker, beat me to the punch.
Best Live bands that are all Memphis right now (in no particular order except the Final Solutions) are

Final Solutions
Boston Chinks
Six String Jets
Dutch Masters
Evil Army
River City Tanlines
Jeff Evans and Ross Johnson

I am intrigued by the line-up Jeff Gunn is putting together.

*disclaimer: there are a lot of other bands that are really great, but have yet to see them live.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 6:26 pm

homer.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 7:36 pm

but they definitely play too long.

Ha. Heard this complaint before. They just never wanna stop. They'd play til the world exploded.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 7:41 pm

i wish i had known you were in town.

Where the hell do you live, Theresa? Jetsetter, I tells ya.
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 8:23 pm

Dead Moon is playing Chicago and Austin in May. Wahoo!!!
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 8:54 pm

shhhhhhh!
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 1:50 am

the krunchies are BY FAR the best live band around today!
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 1:53 am

krunchies never disappoint and there's something to be said for that.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 2:53 am | Edited by: DevilDog

Reigning Sound
Dirtbombs
Hentchmen
Black Lips
Local H
Woggles (of late)
big venue band that always blows me away - AC/DC

One of the best live acts I personally saw last year but is no longer "together" (I don't think, haven't heard) was Guitar Wolf in Detroit. They played 3 encores and the crowd wanted more. BTW, anyone have any new news on GW??
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 7:46 am

Clutch
Hella
Mastodon
Dalek
Lightning Bolt
Mars Volta
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 8:18 am

Where the hell do you live, Theresa? Jetsetter, I tells ya.

i'm travelin' dude! i WAS in NYC where i belong, then i came to chicago. i'm going to detroit next week. i may go to CLE before i go to NYC, and then i'm going to LA.

my vote for best live band is the DIRTBOMBS.... has been for years...although i've been loving the LAMPS live consistently - especially when the band thinks they sucked.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 9:25 am

we were completely blown away by the Reigning Sound in TAMPA, yes TAMPA last week. Thursday's show with the Cobras was ok, but the return trip to Tampa Sunday night for a last minute surprise show was, in my humble opinion) thee BEST EVER! They played a bar for 50 people, (40 regulars at the bar, 10 friends of the opening band). The accoustics were GREAT and they sounded like nothing I can even explain....
I'm pretty sure the band had a great time too! Greg, Lance and Carol Ann all hung out with Kevin E, my girlfriend and I most of the night. I remember Greg commenting on the sound and how much he liked the venue. They played what seemed like a hundred songs and never lost any steam! Simply AMAZING the passion Greg has for music...you can see it when he plays. Lance (very underrated drummer) and Carol (amazing bass player) are no slackers either. I hope the Sound decide to come back to the Bay area....
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 9:30 am

completely blown away

You wouldn't be alive then, oi.
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 8:22 pm

delusional groupie girlfriends...

???

you talkin' to me?
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 8:54 am

Black Keys

How could I forget the Keys?
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 9:24 am

anyone have any new news on GW??
Yep, they're still together. They picked up a nineteen year-old who "can't play bass"...I dunno, they lose a lotta points for not varying their schtick at all.
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 11:47 pm

Blixa Bargeld (from Einsterzende Neubauten) live solo performance is highly recommended.

Neurosis with Jarboe.....dang...heaven on Earth. Great live show if you are lucky enough to catch them together.
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 11:59 pm

Black Keys

I was lucky enough to forget 'em. Thanks for bringin' it up.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 12:00 am

Black Keys

i saw them at some huge venue in nyc a few years ago opening for sleater-kinney. i thought they were the most boring jam band ever!
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 12:15 am

yeah. fuck them.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 12:18 am

Black Keys

i saw them at some huge venue in nyc a few years ago opening for sleater-kinney. i thought they were the most boring jam band ever!

Sounds like you got to see two suck ass bands on the same night. Lucky!

I saw 'em at the Bowery Ballroom open for the Detroit Cobras. Wasn't too much better.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 2:51 am

bowelry ballroom.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 3:00 am

i actually really like sleater-kinney.......i think that was my 6th time to see them!
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 3:02 am

The Black Keys are one fucking boring band.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 3:10 am

some things are better left unsaid april.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 3:11 am

by the way did you see the april thread on terminal gaydom???
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 3:20 am

yeah, did you vote, dirk?
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 3:56 am

Like I've said before, you guys hate on some music that's alot of fun to listen to. Damn.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 4:06 am

Like I've said before, you guys hate on some music that's alot of fun to listen to. Damn.

If it ain't as fun as "Wombat Twist" it just ain't that fun.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 4:10 am

Oh well, I'm wearing Homr Simpson slippers and on my 7th PBR and the night is still early and the house is warm. Life is all good. It's 4 degrees outside here!!!
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 4:26 am

i honestly have way too short of an attention span to listen to bands like the black keys. after 5 minutes i'm really not paying attention anymore.....they were going on for like 15 minutes on one song! i dunno.....just not my thing.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 4:35 am

Where's the April thread? I can't find it.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 4:47 am

That's cool as it's nice that we all like different kinds of music. I guess mayb i should like that kind of music and just not say so since it's not Goner board-approved. I bet alot of people on here do that. I like most anything except rap and relly twangy country.I type poorly anyway and typing while drnking is a bad idea for me.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 5:25 am

someone took it down. it was stupid. i think darius started it. it just said:

April Novak
Would you? and you could choose yes, no, or i'd do her brother.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 5:41 am

Can we start one for Jenna? Does she have a brother? I heard fierydrunk had a brother.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 5:42 am

TB took it down? I knew Goner was better!
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 5:49 am

haha....jeff got 1 vote, too!
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 5:50 am

April Novak
Would you? and you could choose yes, no, or i'd do her brother.

How were you doing in the polls?
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 5:52 am

well, when i saw it.....it was 75% yes and 25% i'd do her brother.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 3:14 pm

Sharon Jones and Dap Kings
Lee Fields and the Sugarman 3

no love for memphis' best rock band? The Joint Chiefs? If watching(and hearing) rockbert play drums doesnt blow you away and ist a top shelf live music experience..then I dont know what to say....
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Robert and Steve are both amazing, but I don't think the Chiefs are the best band in town.
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 4:54 pm

Well, let me qualify that; I haven't seen them in a loooong time, either, so I can't really say. Sticking with my list.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®