Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / first concert/show...
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 5:38 am

I saw Gene loves Jezebel and I don't think anyone has got anything more embarrassing than that...

...their shtick made the white stripes hype/thing (sister/wife) seem tame. Brother fuckers? anyways cough it up...

FIRST SHOW???
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 8:24 am

local show?
copout '94? '95?

big show?
my mom took us to see 3 dog night at mud island...but we had to sit on the cobblestones across from mud island this happened alot and i can't rememebr how far back it went
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 8:36 am

I saw Gene loves Jezebel

sha-sha
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 9:26 am

willie nelson's picnic. college station, tx 1992. i was 12. dwight yoakam was the opening act.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 11:41 am

Richard And The Taxmen
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 12:24 pm

Girlschool at the Ipswich Gaumont in May 1981, and they were really good too.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 2:04 pm

Furious George/Deals Gone Bad, 1996 @Fireside Bowl

Now that is embarassing.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 2:10 pm | Edited by: DevilDog

Van Halen, Diver Down, 1982. I honestly thought I had gone deaf. Honestly.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 4:34 pm

Poison, Slaughter, Bullet Boys -Mid South Coliseum, I was 10 and got in fight with a 16 yr old girl over Slaughter's glow in the dark drumstick
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 4:50 pm

my parents took me to see Air Supply when i was like 9 or 10. first show big show by myself was poison/tesla. sat next to a hot chick, but she was there with her dad. C.C. Deville did like a 20 minute guitar solo on seven different guitars that they had on stands across the stage. And every bit of every solo was terrible. Must've been fucked up out of his gourd. I was embarassed for him, even though i should've been embarassed to have been at the show myself. did score a poison shirt that i wish i still had. It had this crazy picture of a skull with hair that was blown straight out with lightning in it and it said "POISON! IT'LL BLOW YOU'RE FUCKIN' MIND!!" That got me in lots of trouble when i wore it to Page Middle School. Ahh good old P.M.S. The memories i have of that fucked up place.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 5:04 pm | Edited by: razor shines

Rolling Stones & the Spin Doctors @ Olympic Stadium with my mom on the Voodoo Lounge tour in 1994.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 5:08 pm

my parents took me to see Donny and Marie Osmond when i was about 7....and leif garrett opened up!

my first concert without my parents was April Wine and Loverboy. i still have a soft spot in my heart for april wine to this day

can't recall my first punk show, but i think it was a bunch of locals
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 5:17 pm

The Beach Boys at the fair, sometime in the early/mid 80's.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 5:19 pm | Edited by: mikemack

Kool and The Gang with my parents when I was like 8

A year or two later, in 6th grade, somehow my friend and I won great seats to a Cinderella/Winger/BulletBoys show, still remember the smell/contact high (and the hair)...whoah

both at poplar creek in chicago suburbs!
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 5:36 pm

Cheap Trick - Mid South Fair - '83

I think I know about 6 other people who list Cheap Trick as their 1st concert. Not that particular show, though.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 6:32 pm

Helix/Aggressor at the old City Center Theater when I was 10 and visiting dad...I didn't have any metal shirts to wear so a kid I went with let me wear his David Lee Roth shirt (he had a closet full, but I wasn't cool enough to search for a Sabbath or a Motorhead one)
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 6:40 pm

doobie brothers/boz scaggs
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Bill Black Combo opening for Elvis in 58 at the Overton Park Shell.Things were so much better then. Now I'm surrounded by heathens.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 7:02 pm

my Dad tok me to see Jerry Lee Lewis right after Great Balls of Fire(the movie) came out.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 7:38 pm

The Ramones, Debbie Harry and Tom Tom Club on the "Escape from New York" tour, 1989.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 7:38 pm

The sermon on the mount.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 8:15 pm

That's takin' it back to the "old school".
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 8:18 pm

Iron Maiden w/ Twisted Sister, Powerslave tour, Dec '84
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 8:22 pm

thrash-a-thon, 1987.
san luis obispo, ca.
d.i.
ill repute...
there was 13 bands, i think.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 9:14 pm

Temptations, Tower of Power and Los Lobos at a county fair sometime in the late 80's is the first I can recall...

First show by myself was 93 or 94: Circle Jerks at La Luna in Portland.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 10:37 pm

that's around the time i moved here. 93.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 10:41 pm

john denver..1983. he was on a rotating stage, all by him self..smelled of middle aged housewives, P U.
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 10:47 pm

I'm sorry.
Posted: Feb 12, 2006 12:29 am

Arena rock show - Kiss & AC/DC 1977
My mom wouldn't take me to the Sex Pistols!!
Rap Show - Run DMC/Whodini/Fat Boys - 84
Punk "official" Show- NOTA 85-86?
All in Memphis
PS. John 3of4 I was at that show, too, in 83!DevilDog, I was at that show as well. Dammit.
Posted: Feb 12, 2006 3:04 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

Outdoor rock: Rolling Stones, what was to be Tim McCarver Stadium 75? 76?

Arena: Van Halen and Journey 81?

Rap: Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five/Bar Kays, 83

Punk: It seriously all runs together once I started going to Antenna. I have no idea.

Memphis.
Posted: Feb 12, 2006 5:19 am

Brian Adams, back in the summer of '69
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 3:50 am

first big concert: Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge in 1979. they were both wasted and they split during intermission!

first arena show: Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister, and Quiet Riot, in Atlanta, maybe 1982? I negated this coolness by going to see Duran Duran at the Omni, although I regained my footing by seeing the Clash at the Fox Theatre!

first punk show: DDT and Neon Christ at the Metroplex in Atlanta, sometime in '82

first Black Flag show: Atlanta, 688 Club, June 1982

first Antenna Club show: I think Necros, '84 or so. I remember Barry getting it on in his van and all the young hardcore bucks waiting for him to finish so they could get autographs!

first rap show: the Beastie Boys concert with the inflatable penis in Memphis, late '80s

hey, Tim Ramage! glad to see you on the goner board!!!
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 5:52 am

I saw Gene loves Jezebel and I don't think anyone has got anything more embarrassing than that...

no - but Jay Aston was my neighbor in LA

my first show - pop or rock music was the LOVIN SPOONFUL in anaheim, ca in 1968 - i was on a big school outing
then Tommy Roe played my high school, and i saw ELTON JOHN, ELO, ROD STEWART/FACE all within a 5-day period in 1973 with my learners permit. once i had that, it was shows all the time
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:59 am

Liberace
my mom liked him so I went with her
gowd damn them old bitches stunk bad
with perfume.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 1:12 pm

Bob Dylan (Stone Roses opened). It was the 80s, right when it looked like he would die at any second. I begged my parents to take me to the show in Charleston, WV and they got the cheap balcony seats, of course. The sound was HORRIBLE! GE Smith on guitar and it was so distorted people were moshing in the front! I could only tell one song from the next because every so often I could understand a couple words. My parents sat stone faced the whole time with their hands over their ears.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 3:54 pm

Guns 'n' Roses, 1992, Wembley Stadium, with 2 friends and my dad. He was wearing an Ocean Pacific t-shirt, and got searched for drugs on the way in.

First gig on my own was either Tool, or Obituary. Either way, it was crowd-surfing time; until I realised how annoying it probably was for everyone who I accidentally kicked in the head with my size 12's.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:30 pm

1st ever show outside of church at age 5: Johnny Cash at the local dam along with a monster truck expo

1st show I paid money to see: Fugazi
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:37 pm

RUN DMC
Public Enemy
EPMD
Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
Special appearence by the Beastie Boys
Greek Theater Los Angeles 1989

Fugazi was my first "punk" show
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 6:17 pm

Iowa Jam- Iowa State Fairground- Des Moines, Iowa- July 1981

Check out this stellar line-up:
Iron Maiden (pre Bruce Dickinson)
Quarterflash
Triumph
38 Special
Loverboy

Is it any wonder that I got into punk rock one month later?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Calculated X-1983? Mid-South Coliseum.

1985 RICK SPRINGFIELD w/THE MOTELS. Leave me alone it was 5th grade and my sister's idea. Mid-South Coliseum.

3 months later I saw KISS sans make-up w/WHITE LION via my older rocker cousin. Animalized tour. Also @ the Coliseum.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 6:19 pm

Iron Maiden (pre Bruce Dickinson)

Wow!
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 6:29 pm

The Banana Splits at some hotel in Chicago around 1975

I've been chasing the dragon ever since
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:39 pm

How about AMY GRANT? That's right, Christian rock. I was only 12 or something. I was under the influence of a fanatical Catholic. I am pretty sure she remained a virgin until she got married!!! For real. She did everything else though so I don't know if she won any brownie points from God on that account or not.

Also saw Gene loves Jezebel when I was a freshman in college (art school of course) AND Echo and the Bunnymen.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:46 pm

Was this post started by SKOT, the Cheater Slicks' biggest fan? I've seen your picture, hell we had it up on the website forever. How you doin?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:48 pm

Triumph and Yngwie Malmsteen (sp?) at Brown County Arena. I was 14 or so and "did pot" for the first time. The laser show was groovy.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:49 pm

And same as Hugh, I was so disgusted by the bad show that it only took a month or two for me to pick up Ramones and Replacements Black Flag and other nasty (to me, at the time) records. Thank you, Yngwie.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 9:57 pm | Edited by: Agony Bag

my first was in 4th grade: Hall & Oates on their infamous H2O tour! Later that night, my dad thought I was asleep, but I snuck a peek at him making out with his 'date' in our living room. Unforgettable.

then first homemade punk show was a shitty V.O.C. (Victims of Circumstance) gig in summer 1988 at the Kankakee, IL fairgrounds clubhouse. I got hit in the face with my friend's stray yo-yo, which I'll never forget. Those damn things are dangerous.

first big punk show was Naked Raygun & Buzzoven at the Riviera that same year. I missed 7 Seconds, who were playing at the Cubby Bear around the same time, cuz this kid's mom wouldn't drive us.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:17 pm

1977 chicago and barry mannilow....mom and pops made it up to me ny taking me to see kiss in 1979 (dynasty: the disco tour)
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:17 pm

my mom tried to get me to go to a Stryper show when I was about 17 cause she heard they were really playing the harder stuff the kids liked but with a "good" message.

I went cause I thought it'd be funny to try and throw the bibles back at their heads HARD and I thought maybe some metal sluts would be there wanting to do it, but only finding good christian young men who would not oblige them....needless to say it was sold out and she just bought me a record instead ...which I only listened to backwards usually when I was on acid
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:21 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

taking me to see kiss in 1979 (dynasty: the disco tour)
That was the Memphis show, wasn't it?
Dude, that was on my birthday, too. Mom wouldn't let me go with my friend down the street.
Got fucked the same way with Van Halen on my birthday on the 1984 tour.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:21 pm

and did it say things like "praise jesus" instead of "worship satan"??? did it? did it?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:22 pm

Van Halen, 1984 world tour, no shit.

I wasn't inside, but I had to wait with my mom in the car because we were picking my brother up. Brown County Arena, I think. I could still hear it so it still counts.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:22 pm

jack, you needed the moms who would take you and look out the side of her face wondering if you could smell the weed the other rockers were smokin'.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

and did it say things like "praise jesus" instead of "worship satan"??? did it? did it?

I think it mostly said stuff like

"Flying High, Flying Loose"
"They're in the air and everywhere"
"Joy is the epitome of feminine beauty"
"Charles Nelson Reilly is God" (lidsville fucked me up as a child)
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:34 pm

e-gads!!!! what a rip off.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Triumph

People often referred to them as "the poor man's Rush", 'cuz the singer had a high voice and they were a 3-piece. I think that was being very generous. They were more like a poor man's April Wine.

My first punk show was also in DesMoines in early 1983. It was the Ramones in the revolving restaurant at the downtown Holiday Inn. They were on the "Subterranean Jungle" tour. Mediocre album, amazing live show!

My first "underground" show was at a CBGB Hardcore Matinee in late 1983. The line-up was Warzone, Armed Citizens, Adrenaline OD, Murphy's Law, and Mental Decay. I was 16 years old and I went by myself. I don't know what scared me more- the bands, the crowd, or the neighborhood.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 10:57 pm

Was this post started by SKOT, the Cheater Slicks' biggest fan? I've seen your picture, hell we had it up on the website forever. How you doin?
Indeed-ey.
I'm fine thanks, I'm hoping to see the Buffalo BigNeck thingamajig coming up in April but dunno for sure. Ya 'goin? I didn't see the Cheater Slicks on the BigNeck website listed as playing but thought I saw they were playing someplace else? Looks like a good enough lineup for a first fest of the year. The Worst are great so I'd like to see them again.

Pleased to meet you Wendy, say howdy to Dana.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 11:30 pm | Edited by: I am the Arm

My aunt's all girl top 40 cover band "Rare Illusion" Canadian Tour 83'. I was a little un'.
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 11:50 pm

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my mom took us to see 3 dog night at mud island...but we had to sit on the cobblestones across from mud island this happened alot and i can't rememebr how far back it went

that was the night I finally asked mom what that great smell was we always smelled (marijuana)

but it wasn't my first show - my aunt took me to see Barry Manilow - 1983 Copacabana Tour.

Now If I could just find that visor I bought at the show.............
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 5:08 am

Cinderella opening for Bon Jovi. "Slippery When Wet" tour.
"The HUMP" (Humphrey Coliseum) MS State.
At some point during the show, Jon Bon Jovi soared over the crowd held up by some sort of cable thingy.
First show I wanted to see was Rick Springfield, but my parents said I was too young, but that my older sister could go if she wanted to. She didn't want to.
She did, however, see the GoGos, which my parents also unfairly kept me from. She actually bought a t shirt at that one. Then cut the sleeves off. Even though she did that, I remember trying to wear that shirt and make it work. When I say she cut the sleeves off, I mean all the way to the waist, 80s style.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 7:25 am

JS, I think I was at the Maiden show. Was it at the Auditorium? Who opened. The other night the bartender at Huey's Downtown was playing Wrathchild. I think we were the only two people who knew the words.
hookorcrook
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:17 am

that i remember: John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl 1978 or 1979 (not rock, but what i completely believed to be the real Darth Vader, R2D2, C3PO, Chewbacca, Stormtroopers, Jawas etc in full costume walking around during the concert)
punk(?): Dead Milkmen 1990 Soma (the old one downtown) in San Diego
stadium: Morrissey May 30, 1991 San Diego Sports Arena (first ever solo show in USA)
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 12:54 pm

i guess the first was the manhatten transfer! (my step dad listens to all sorta of bad jazz, even to this day)

but the first one i enjoyed was Pegboy at the metro in chicago! my mom took me and my sister, this was after all her punk rock friends tracked her down when they saw my dad's obituary in the paper. (back in the day my mom dated neil haggerty who was in naked raygun, then pegboy). I was 12. my mom borrowed my aunt's leather jacket to wear to the show. i remember one of her punk friends was balding, but spike what hair he had left. it was awesome.

my mom also took me to see danzig, but she waited outside for that one.
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 1:22 pm

Quiet Riot and Accept at Memphis in May Music fest at the fairgrounds 1983

First club/punk show: St Vitus and the Mentors at the antenna 1986
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 2:26 pm

The Kinks at DeMontfort Hall, Leicester in 1982, when I was 13 - they were probably pretty crappy, but I was knocked out by the whole thing, and all the older mods lets us look after their parkas, so me and me mate Steve felt dead important ...
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 4:33 pm

Outdoor: 197? Reno, Beach Boys/Three Dog Night/America
Arena: 1984, Reno, ZZ Top - first with girl date and a mom pickup
Punk: 1985, Reno, Red Rose Saloon, Circle Jerks/7 Seconds
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:16 am

Wow! I was at that Accept show in '83. They kicked ass I thought, but I was really into them big time then. I guess an angry German midget telling it like it is, surrounded by guitars was somewhat appealing.. ha... And by the way, Andria, I was one of those guys "waiting" for Barry near the van at the Necros show.hahahaha.Oh God. I had no idea. Just for the record, we all tried to sneak in the back door and Rebel (or Steve?) kicked us out. It was the Tangled Up tour if I remember this right.

First Country show: Hank Jr 1982
Posted: Feb 16, 2006 3:25 am

my mom also took me to see danzig,

This is the first show I really remember. Dude used to come to Columbus every other week, and it was like a constant halloween party. The freaks came out for Glennnnnnn, and I had to be there for it. I was like 12.......

But.... I really think I saw Survivor and Foreigner at the state fair when I was way little. My godparents took me and their kids.

Their last name was lawless. My godfather was named johnny lawless, and he actually attended a Foreigner concert.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 3:24 pm

Buffalo BigNeck thingamajig

No, never heard of it??

The Slicks are playing Memphis on Mon. 3/13 and S x SW this year- wish I could go but it just wasn't practical... No one could guarantee I could get into the shows in Austin, even with a wristband... Thought about Memphis, but going alone, for a Monday night, didn't seem worth it. The kid is also a big factor. If I didn't have her I'd probably go along for the ride, but she's totally worth staying home for.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 3:47 pm

First big show was KISS on the Dynasty tour. My dad got us 3rd row seats, and caught Gene Simmon's bloody towel. The whole family went, Mom, Dad, me, and my older brother. That pretty much sums up where KISS was by that point. But I was stoked nonetheless.

First club show was Descendents/Dag Nasty/Distemper @ the Antenna.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 3:59 pm

The first show my parents took me to was KISS when I was three.
The first show I made my parents take me to was Culture Club when I was 7. The only thing I remember about that was that Boy George didn't wear any shoes and I thought that was REALLY cool.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:29 pm

My first concert was a "festival" type all-day thing with : BTO, Edgar Winter, & Rick Derringer....my dad took me....

The first concert that I went to by myself was Violent Femmes (the "3" tour) followed a short time later by Social Distortion/Screaming Trees...

there wasn't alot to do in Dallas.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:40 pm

<The first concert that I went to by myself was Violent Femmes>

hahaha. what a fag.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:47 pm

First club show was Descendents/Dag Nasty/Distemper @ the Antenna.
god, what a great show that was! and I'm calling Mike McCarthy and George for a Distemper reunion!
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 6:24 pm

"hahaha. what a fag."...

I was 13 - whaddya want....as I stated - there's not alot to do in Dallas.

I'm not ashamed.
Not proud - but not ashamed.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 7:01 pm

I'm pretty sure my first concert was Jackson Browne in Miami sometime in the mid-70s- I was pretty young so my memories are hazy at best.

The first one I have a good memory of would be Styx on the Paradise Theater tour at the no-longer-existing-Omni in Atlanta- 1981? They had an awful lot of stage props & it was cheesy as hell. I was only 7 tho so I thought I was pretty cool.
I was super pissed when my parents didn't take me to Cheap Trick a few months later. And I cried all night when my older sister got to go see the Talking Heads & I wasn't allowed to go- dammit! I still have the buttons she bought me at the show.

I think the first show I ever went to solo was probably R.E.M.- I think it was sometime around Life's Rich Pageant (mid eighties).
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 7:12 pm

<The first concert that I went to by myself was Violent Femmes>

hahaha. what a fag.

no worries Cococomas...Dirk Diggler loves Katrina and the Waves and the Blow Monkeys....oh, and loves to sit on big cocks
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 7:37 pm

first: the osmonds featuring jimmy osmond
arena, sans parent: ac/dc
1st "big" punk rock: huisker du
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 8:04 pm

First show my folks took me to was Harry Belafonte at the Garden State Arts Center.
First stadium concert without the folks was R.E.M. at Madison Square Garden in 1988.
First club show was the Toasters & Let's Go Bowling at City Gardens, 1989.

The memorable part was my sister getting thrown out of the REM concert for smoking a joint. Then getting into a head on collision in Trenton while my sister's drunk boyfriend drove us home from the Toasters show.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 8:18 pm

The first time I found out what pot was was seeing Poison on my 11th birthday!
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 9:03 pm | Edited by: Alex C

Rolling Stones & the Spin Doctors @ Olympic Stadium with my mom on the Voodoo Lounge tour in 1994.

That was one of my first shows as well. I went with my sister. We sat way up in the bleachers, so high up you couldn't even see the giant TV properly.

My first show that was Lolapalooza 1994 with Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Nick Cave, P-Funk, Flaming Lips, Boredoms and a bunch more bands. I recall ending up in the mosh pit during Smashing Pumpkins and nearly getting crushed.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 9:28 pm

Bay City Rollers, Shaun Cassidy, Andy Gibb, England Dan and John Ford Coley (sp???) and the James Montgomery Band, Boston Garden, December '78 (I think). Maybe '77. I was 8 or 9 years old, and went with my sisters, my mom, my friend and her mom. Andy Gibb and Boston Garden, R.I.P.

First punk show: Teminally Ill (members later formed Slapshot) with other local punk bands (I think DYS and Jerry's Kids were on the bill too), January 12, 1984, Eagle's Hall, Malden, Mass. Why do I remember the date and not who was on the bill? Maybe because it was exactly one month before my 15th birthday.

I don't know what was next. . . either Ministry, Siouxsie and the Banshees or the Circle Jerks.
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 9:36 pm

<Bay City Rollers>

fuck. s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y hey!!!
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 10:19 pm

my first concert was hall and oates in 1990 at mud island with my dad. hahah. of course i was only 12 and i was just visiting my dad in memphis. i lived in indiana with my mom at the time who was pretty strict. bluh.

i don't remember what my first show on my own was. it was in 1995 once i moved here. something local at the coffee cellar. *shrugs*
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 10:28 pm

<Bay City Rollers>

fuck. s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y hey!!!

DAMN, your old
Posted: Feb 21, 2006 10:41 pm

damn you're stupid. and gay.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 12:34 am

damn you're stupid. and gay.

your still old...
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 1:22 am

a few local punk shows in nashville about '85 or so. i got all excited when some band said they were going to do a misfits song(Halloween), but at the time i only had Walk Among Us (hey, you try to find shit in Nashville in the mid-eighties when you are to young to drive there)
I think the Dead Milkmen was my first name show. maybe (groan) Death Angel?
'89 was the best- senior in h.s. saw the three R's- R.E.M., Replacements, and Ramones that year.
My parents saw Hendrix/B.B. king double bill- this was, of course completely lost on them.

Andria,- my friend Chris told me you saw the Clash, but was this Mick Jones or Clash or scrubs era clash?
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 11:24 pm

My parents took me to this one in '72:

http://db.etree.org/myshows_detail.php?showid=3612763

when I was 3-1/2 (still have the stub), and a few months later I attended my 1st N.O. Jazz fest. It was technically the 3rd jazz fest but '72 was the first year it was held at the fairgrounds.

Having hippy parents was cool and all,
but I've never been quite right.
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 1:58 am

You think he's old? How about Cat Stevens, 1971. My mom took me. People were passing around joints, pies, bottles of wine. Groovy.
Posted: Feb 25, 2006 2:00 am

I was referring to Seger's comment...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®