Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Project Runway Fans
Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:25 pm

i've been watching the show with my girlfriend b/c she likes it (and i like her), but i haven't been blown away by the show...i think i'm getting sucked in to it now though. its especially fun cuz this gay bar down the street from my house has 'project runway' night. everyone goes there to watch it and they got drink specials. during the commercials they go around with a microphone and ask peoples opinions. its a lot of fun. there's some crazy PR fans out there.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 9:45 pm

during the commercials they go around with a microphone and ask peoples opinions

Ohhellyes...I'd give my eyeteeth to meet up with flesheater99 after he's had a few and hear what he has to say!
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 10:01 pm

rosette (?)

that's "fleurshon"

I hated Jeffrey's dress, and Uli's...and, well just about eveyone's except for Laura's and (again) Micheal's. Kayne's dress was nice, and way more "cocktail party" than Jeffrey's. Yep, I'm with laurel...I would NEVER go to one of Jeff's parties.
I'll miss Kayne. I liked his clothes, and he was that rarity...a sweet queen.
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 6:03 pm

Yeah, did you notice how she went from calling them her "signature rosette's" to "fleurshons". What a nimrod. And her boldface shit she was giving Laura about how it is the "designer people care about, not the constructioners". Ohmyfuckinggod.

I finally like Laura again. The hormones are giving her vulnerability!

I keep thinking about Michael's dress. It would be one of those fantastic things to get in every color and wear to work, with or without the belt (which the flowers weren't me, but a great idea to use up the fabric). It looked really comfortable and pretty. Damn, he's good.
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 10:45 pm

spoiler... the Atlanta Jounal-Constitution posted picts of the Project Runway show at fashion week. Completely exposed the outcome of this week's episode. :(
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 4:15 pm

WHAT?????

What the hell were they thinking? Last season you had to log onto a special Fashion Week site to see them (which me, being a spoiler fanatic, did of course).
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 4:20 pm

Posted: Sep 18, 2006 5:36 pm

Hey spoiler fanatic!

If I click on that link is it gonna spoil it for me as well? I wouldn't mind seeing Jay's stuffs but I'd be REALLY pissed if 'got spoiled'.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 6:27 pm

spoiler: link to fashion week lines (don't click if you want to wait and be suprised)

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion/fashionshows/designers/bios/projec trunwaydesigners/
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 6:40 pm

Spoiler response: HATED Uli's collection. Jeffrey's was okay - not too over the top. However, as a fashion designer, shouldn't he know dudes can't rock in capri pants? What an asshole. Michaels - I liked 2nd best, but overall a little disappointing. Best overall - Laura. Finally, when is the whole "dressy shorts" thing going to be over with. Shorts should either be casual or butt-cheek baring. Down with dress shorts!
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 6:42 pm

Lame!
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 6:44 pm

WTF? Are you guys talking about Fashion Week?
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 6:44 pm

If so, YA'LL FUCKING SUCK!
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:23 pm

you. fucking. assholes.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:28 pm

Jay's first self-prduced line!!!!!
Love love love the patchwork mock turtleneck dresses, ever so mod! Such a treat to see him show finally! but what was he thinking with that yellow poofy sleeved meringue? yeech!
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:37 pm

not reading not reading not reading!
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:42 pm

Looking at Jay's line is FINE. I would not have put it there otherwise. I learned the hard way. I haven't looked at the otehr link though but ended up glancing at Razor's post...DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

LEARN LIKE ME: DON'T JUST PUT "spoiler" and follow with all your responses!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:43 pm

Love love love the patchwork mock turtleneck dresses, ever so mod! Such a treat to see him show finally! but what was he thinking with that yellow poofy sleeved meringue? yeech!

I like some of Jay's stuff a lot...esp. the printed cotton jersey Pj's looking thing, but *some* of it looks really poorly constructed compared to what I have seen him do.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 8:04 pm

sorry if i spoiled anything for you... i just thought some people would like to see it. i guess i should have asked ppl not to respond with details..
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 8:18 pm

It really ain't your fault...people can choose whether to look or not, but naming names was a really "EEEEEKKKKK!" moment for me cos I am really trying not to look at the end result as this got me in trouble last year with the husband.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 10:26 pm

i'm totally loosing my mind that you can all see into the future. ugh. not reading but i wanna wanna wanna...
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 5:08 pm

Jeffrey is being investigated for CHEATING!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Jeffrey is being investigated for CHEATING!!!!!!

got a link on this?
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 7:13 pm

There are several. It was in the NY Times yesterday. I will find em and post.

ATTN: These links will contain spoilers (if you consider discussing anything that has not already been broadcast a "spoiler").
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 7:16 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNews/view.bg?articleid=159253

and it was New York Maganize, not the NY Times...but I can't find the article.
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 3:43 am

Aww shit!!!
Posted: Sep 27, 2006 5:10 am

damn the pregger ratted him out.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:15 am

cheating cheating cheating...how exciting.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 2:33 pm

This show has JUMPED THA SHARK. The whole episode was POINTLESS.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 7:59 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I haven't watched but, yet again, inadvertently caught what happened with the 4 going to Fashion Week. SNORE.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 8:12 pm

last night was boring!!! boring boring boring!!!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 10:24 pm

boring boring boring!!!!

yea. i only caught the last 20 mins of it but didnt feel like i missed anything.
Posted: Sep 28, 2006 11:01 pm

Oh SHIT! I accidentally just erased the episode!
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 1:53 pm

well you missed one of Uli's best and one of Michael's worst.

it wasn't boring form where I was...but of course its never boring when you're pick is winning.

You peoples should stick to Top Model if you want drama.
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 2:09 pm

the best thing uli did for that dress was stealing michaels model. everything looks all high fashion on her.
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 3:01 pm

I agree with that. The same goes for Jeffrey and Laura's model for that matter. The PR models remaining are worlds better than any of the top model tricks.
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 4:31 pm

Naturallly, they have replayed it like 9 times since yesterday so I got it and will watch it in a bit (called in sick today--gots to use some o' that sick time over the next few months!)

Agreed re: the good models on PR. But damn, flesheater, Top Model this time has some keerazy bitches on the level of that first season ho, Robin (from Memphis).
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 6:36 pm

as much as i hated seeing kayne get sent out, i loved watching his model go. did yall see the face she made? she turned to the girl who got picked and did this slackjaw dismayed look, like "gyaa, nu UH"
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 10:44 pm

they just won't dump Michael or tatneck for anything on that fucking show
Posted: Sep 29, 2006 10:54 pm

I know! He is awful--that dress was a trainwreck. He is or is edited to look like such a bad person; so much hatred. Its like he isn't self-destructive anymore so he has to point out the bad in everyone else so he can feel good about himself. Gross. I hope he disqualifies himself as is suspected.

Poor Michael and that dress--he is in over his head. My bet is Michael Kors offers him a job though. I heard he offered Daniel V from last season a job and Daniel turned him down because it wasn't the job he wanted there; he wanted to select his own job!!!

And yes, dirty, that ugly "gwanhhhh" face of Kayne's model was priceless.
Posted: Sep 30, 2006 2:03 am

hmmm...i think there's always drama and i love project runway more than anything...its just noone was sent away. it left me a little flat or somethin. and uli's dress was the best somehow. the jeffrey dress was a bummer. it looked like a beer girl halloween sexy costume. ugh.
daniel v. did that! he thinks he is sooo somethin else. don't understand that.
Posted: Sep 30, 2006 2:26 am

Daniel V is such a bitch. Those jobs aren't that easy to get and what exactly is he doing now other than hanging out in his product placement convertible and sketching in the park?
Posted: Sep 30, 2006 2:51 am

Daniel V is blowing dome other pretty boy artiste as we speak, only to have some idealistic asthete obnoxious pillow talk later about his dream job, all whilst wondering how he is going to pay the taxes and parking on his new Pontiac convertible on his waiter's wages. That is my guess as to what Daniel V is doing.
Posted: Sep 30, 2006 4:48 am

have you seen daniel v.'s little blogs and pictures on the bravo.com? he is soooo posey posey! yuck. fuckin barf. fiery, i agree completely! total bitch! and those jobs are crazy hard to come by. give me a break...his collection was ugly too. bleh.
Posted: Sep 30, 2006 6:28 pm

Daniel V is a pretty boy from suburban Detroit who was born with a silver spoon in his limpid (whatever that means) mouth...I am beginning to think I like Jeffrey more than him...even though I think Jeffrey is another of those trust fund babies from suburban Detroit himself.
Posted: Sep 30, 2006 6:49 pm

I finally saw this show. What do the kids say, "Meh"? Yeah, bleh.

And how come fashion designers always dress like shit?
Posted: Sep 30, 2006 7:19 pm

Some of them dress pretty great--you missed Diane Von Furstenburg and Catherine Malandrino.
Posted: Oct 2, 2006 5:08 pm

what exactly is he doing now other than hanging out in his product placement convertible and sketching in the park?--besides getting blowjobs from trannies at the piers(while sketching)I'd say he;s making far more money than both of us together(including all the Bravo promos).

Some guy named Emmit who got disqualified less than 1/2 way thru the second season opened a boutique on Elizabeth St. in Nolita(NoHo/LittleItalyish)across from my bosses apt. Apparently his shop is doing well (which means making enough to pay for the astronomical rent in that area)...he sells designs from other contestants as well(allison). So he's doing well and even fucking Vincent was bragging about all the opportunities that have come his way since his exposure on PR. So based on just those 2 cases I'd say ol' Danny V's doing just fine(it's a Saturn, ps, not a Pontiac).

Heir ick with all due respect what you just said is roughly the same as saying "I never heard any Rolling Stones before the other night when I heard their new one. Meh."

This week's season 3 reunion show. Whaddup, Keith! How's tricks?
Posted: Oct 2, 2006 5:37 pm

Saturns are wannabe Pontiacs. Regardless, it is a nasty little car for a nasty little man!!!

I liked Emmit so I am glad he is doing well. I actually read about his shop somewhere, they didn't even mention the PR connection. Apparently it is tres hip. Vincent might be having some serious delusions, my man. I mean, really though. I'd like to see whom these backers are that he is talking about. Maybe these are the psych nurses I am sure he is familiar with at Cedars outpatient day treatment.

Cannot wait for the inevitable drunken blowup this Thursday!!!!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 4:18 am

Whaddup, Keith! How's tricks?

So, is he telling the truth, do you think? Was he set up or is he really that big an asshole?

I was rooting for Allison to win the $10K, but I wasn't surprised or disapointed when Michael won. His work has been pretty solid.
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 4:24 am | Edited by: schmatt

reunion episode...snooze. Except hot Allison was on my TV to ogle. Vincent does need to be in the psych ward.
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 4:46 am

Vincent does need to be in the psych ward.

oh, boy, does he ever.
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 6:34 pm

Keith you stupid smarmy cheating fuck you...do you really think anyone above 12 believes anything you say? He IS the kid who got busted having beer and is all "uh I don't know how those got in my car(hiccup)." Fucking idiot.

Great montages.

Best season 3 episode yet.
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 6:44 pm

where is this drunken blow up???
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 7:15 pm

OK, one more reason to blow off the gym this week! PR reunion to see Keith blame everyone but himself and the Vincent freakout.

(Flesheater, please tell me you watched Top Model last night. There were so many classic underlying things in that episode.)
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 7:16 pm

Posted: Oct 5, 2006 7:40 pm

to see Keith blame everyone but himself
dude you dohn't even know. It's awwesome. But then again I had no idea what was about to happen or what they were even going to talk about. It might be a little less of a surprise for you...but still. Let's just say Heidi could be a really good lawyer(or a totally kick ass mom).
Total entertainment.

and fiery, I was leisurely eating dinner looking forward to my fashion forward wednesday night when one the neighbs made the shocking announcement at 9:01 that ANTM didn't get tivoed this week.
I'm ok though. That show is just pre-game for me. Luckily my day after isn't affected by the top model outcome. If it were PR I'd be freaking out.
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 7:43 pm

Yeah, ANTM is very fluff, but if you needed a few hearty laughs last night, this would be the episode to give it to you. I can't really explain how virtually psychedelic this episode was. I almost felt like I was high watching some of this shit. It is all coming back to me now like my mind had to come off being shocked at some of the visuals.

Another...Dennis Quaid salivating for and craving some CariDee.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 1:53 am

OK, that was pretty great. I can't wait to see the Laura/Jeffrey blowup...Michael is still the cutest man ever. Did you notice when they were talking to Milan being gay and not having support from his family that all the reaction shots were the gay men nodding? Right before they showed Michael, hollis was like, "Well, maybe Michael isn't gay?" and right then, he was on the screen. I tol' him. I mean, c'mon hollis!!!!
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 2:28 pm | Edited by: flesheater99

yeah he gay fa sho. and his new grill is suh-weeet(even though i thought they were braces at first).
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 6:04 pm

Dude--dose BRACES!!!! You are just gettin' old or it is a guy thing or sumpin cos hollis didn't think they were either. Look at some old photos, kid had some screwed up teeth. Now that he likely has money being thrown at him in ATL, he got some new style braces.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 8:20 pm

hilarious.
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 1:37 am

WHAT??!?!?

BRANDY IN LOVE!
Popstar and America's Got Talent judge Brandy, 27, has fallen for Project Runway finalist Michael Knight, 28! The two hit it off after being introduced by an industry acquaintance while L.A. based Brandy was Atlanta promoting her show, says sources.

"He's the perfect gentleman and has really won her affection," says a source close to the singer. They're so smitten with each other that they're racking up frequent flyer miles. She even showed her support by sitting front row at Michael's show during New York Fashion week. How sweet!
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 4:44 am

Oh, too perfect. thanks, fiery!
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 1:33 pm

Moesha and Michael sittin in a tree!
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 4:01 pm

What is the episode tonight? Season finale isn't till next week, right? I don't know how this pairing slipped under my radar, what with my love of black sitcom stars and Project Runway. Tops, Fiery!
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 4:32 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Finale...TONIGHT!!!

Oops, that would be Finale, PART 1, TONIGHT!!
Posted: Oct 11, 2006 6:05 pm

Brandy and Michael: Cute Beards in "Love".

Remember when Brandy "dated" Kobe Bryant?

ANYWAY, YES on finale part 1!!! WHo cannot wait for the blowup>

(Next week after the true finale, Top Chef starts!!!!)
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:04 am

Jeffery looked liek he was gonna wet his pants... actually felt kinda sorry for him.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:06 am

Maybe it's cuz I ain't worn pleats since 98, but how does one send something out for pleating?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:10 am

If you can't shakle the jackle, why bother to do it at all?...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:11 am

neuraticaneuraticaneuraticaneuraticaneuraticaarcanetoasthasjustFINNish ed...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:16 am

I'm telling you. Laura is still having a black baby.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:18 am

...did I mention cumming twice?...
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:21 am

Michael's sequined shirt looked a bit like something my mom would like.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:41 am

We all have to indulge the sequined pocket every now and again.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 2:43 pm

For some reason I'm thinking about buying a Saturn roadster.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 3:21 pm

I fell asleep before any kind of confrontation!!! I'm gonna rewatch it this morning to see what happened!

Hey, Brandy had that baby and a reality series about it, right? Then she divorced the guy.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 3:36 pm

Jeffrey looked and acted like a guilty person when confronted by Tim and Laura. Saying he only sent a couple of things out for pleating is like when people get pulled over by the cops and say they've only had "a couple" of beers, when really they've had about 10.

What do y'all think, guilty or no?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 3:59 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I hate Jeffrey, so I am biased, but yeah, he looked guilty as fuck. If he had really done it all himself, I could see him behaving a little more jovial in the workroom while everyone else was still stitching away...but instead he was slinking around. Maybe they edited it to look that way, but his reactions to Laura and Tim were both so full of guilt and not the way someone like him would likely defend himself if someone accused him of something totally off base.

And the way he behaved when they asked for the receipts too...I know the editors have great magical powers, but shit.

I just don't see how they could prove this, esp. if he had in-house seamstresses helping him; they would have been there for the showroom stuff for his Cosa Nostra crap and he could have just thrown them a bone: "Hey Luz, sew these zippers into really complex seams and when you are done with that, make me a perfect pair of leather jeans."
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:02 pm | Edited by: Alisa

I did see the receipts thing and thought it was probably in the editing, knowing what was coming later.
Hey, his baby momma had a MOHAWK! Do they still wear mohawks in LA?

And, wait a minute...didn't Jay send out to have some of his stuff knitted? What's up with that?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:07 pm

Well considering what a confrontational bastard he's been during past challenges, I was kind of surprised he didn't act like a confrontational bastard when Laura told him what she told Tim.

I still don't get the pleating thing. I mean, isn't all you do is fold, iron, and pin the fabric to make pleats? Why would you outsource that? Is that a common thing to do? It seems like even if that was all he did, that still wouldn't be right.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:14 pm

As long as you can afford it out of your budget, they don't mind outsourcing work. Thing is, that is crazy expensive to do, esp. if you have used your budget to buy fine fabric, like Jeffrey did.

I read an interview with Jeffrey (where he almost came off as a relatively kind self-centered ex junkie egomaniac) and he said his wife was a long-time LESBIAN and she was actually a little pissed when he went off to do PR cos she had to work tons and take care of the kid while "he chased his dreams".
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:15 pm

And lawd, love Michael, but it sure looked like he didn't break the bank on his fabric. It looked like the 1/2 price aisle at Hancocks. Damn. Hollis said, "I just don't want him to embarrass himself." Me neither.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:20 pm

I'm really hoping Michael or Laura get it. Uli has vaired her collection a little bit, but everything is still so drapey and tropical, no matter how she tries to restructure things. That green stripey dress Jeffrey made was the BOMB. So is the problem they have with him that he used his own money (not the $8K budget) to get the clothes made, not that he had someone else sew them?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:35 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I think Laura etc believe he either used his own money or human resources he already has (I mean, LOOK at his workspace!!! ) from his business to finish his collection. I think he designed everything and likely did most of the work, but I have looked at closeup pix of the designs and they are hyperintricate--quilting, topstitching and the mentioned grosgrain ribbon-finished hems? That is some serious couture right cher.

I think the designers who have professional businesses on the side come into the finale with a greater advantage--imagine the machines Jeffrey has in his shop. Not to mention the Mexican seamstresses (maybe they are Asian--I dunno). It would be so easy to cheat and if he did, how would he ever get caught?

I liked his stuff shown on the show, but more as "art" and less as real wearable fashion. I want to see it on--that dress, while cool, would make anyone without a perfect, thin body look very odd. The blouson skirt and all the horizontal and diagonal stripes. A woman would look like a chubby clown in that thing.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:39 pm

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to do the bulk of the sewing themselves. Remember how Daniel V still had tons of work to do the day of the fashion week show?

If Jeffrey weren't guilty, he would've gotten pissed when he was accused. Instead, he just looked sad and worried. But like fiery said, it could be in the editing. (Still, I think he cheated.)
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:42 pm

Exactly--because he has a business, it would be SO EASY to have people who work for you do a lot of the work. And really, I can see how it would be easy to justify it in your head if you were under the gun.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:46 pm

Yeah I guess I didn't realize the extent of his business - I figured maybe he shared the space with other artists/designers or something, but if that's all him, he surely has workers and such. I didn't really consider that, I guess. Which begs the question - why the fuck is he even on the show anyway? If he's already a successful designer with that kind of workspace and has had NO intention of making his clothes more mainstream, what's the point? Does he want to land a job at Hot Topic or something?
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:50 pm

I kind of hate Jeffrey's work for the same reason I 'like' Jeffrey's work.
It's very now. Like so 'now' it's DONE tomorrow. Also I can totally see it on the street but I dont' see him in the work...which is kinda the point of each challenge, no? A voice or vision or something 'else'. But afterall they do (at the risk of sounding repetitive) look the part.

Laura. Capital T for Tired. I like the green one she was fluffing though.

Michael's stuff looked cheap or at least the stuff the producers chose to show us.

Uli. What can I say. I love it. I love it so much I tiedyed this weekend. You hear me Jack Stands, I tie-dyed this weekend. They came out Good but were made GREAT by a couple of loving hands (sw) and a very happy accident...anyway, Uli, can I please please stay with you in Miami? Please.

I'm annoyed at this point by the drama. Whether Jeffrey's guilty or not (I simply can't tell)the Producers are editing it to make him look guilty.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:51 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

The guy looks like an over-his-head stress case and did anyone catch the empty beer bottle on his bedside table? I think I even saw him crack beers during the season. Of course, I am not against drinking but I am against it when have your schtick is how much of a tortured soul alcoholic junkie homeless guy you were but you are still nipping here & there.

I searched his business months ago and only one blurb came up on Google and it was some fluff he probably paid for about how he and his partner make "celebrity gear" for performances etc. He name dropped Elton John and Madonna. Ew.

Obviously the guy makes me sick and the only leeway I am giving him is I was intrigued enough to look up photos of the designs. But for my personal style, I did like some of Uli's stuff. I like the expensive 1970's Rich Hippie look!!!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:53 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

It's very now. Like so 'now' it's DONE tomorrow.

Precisely. I reminds me of a Rave and Club Kids, So maybe it is DONE.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:34 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Okay, I want a spoiler. Did he show or didn't he?
I thought it was all a tempest in a teapot, and believed him when he said he did the work. You know, they had two months to do twelve garments. When you consider that all the challenges were two days at most, well...he probably had enough time. Especially since he had that huge workspace. (Which I tend to think is more unfair. I mean, compare his workspace to Michaels!!)
It did make Laura look like she had some kind of obsessive vendetta against him.

I'm pulling for Michael or Laura. Uli bores me, as does Jeffrey. I am worried about Michael...what we've seen looks cheap...really cheap.
I think it'll be Laura.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:45 pm

Alisa, if you wanna know the answer, go to the Memphis section in a sec and check the new link from me with your name.

Laura could win this thing--her shit is sooooooo Macy's and they are the main sponsor this year.

Michael--no way. He simply does better at this stage in his career with very clear guidelines, as if he is in art school. Not that that is a problem, the guy is so damn young and self-taught! It is amazing he got this far given everything. My prediction is Michael Kors offers him a job. He will be perfect working there. I just hope he doesn't think going to work for super ho Kimora Lee Simmons at Baby Phat is his career track, cos he is already making that crap now with this collection.

As stated, I like Uli's stuff. She is a one-trick pony, but that is stuff I'd wear in a heartbeat.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 5:59 pm

Thanks, fiery.
Remember how Michael presented his designs at the tryouts as doing his own version of the challenges? I agree with all you said about him.
He's just sooo precious, though. I'm glad to see him get at least this measure of success. (Hey, he's got a neck tat now too!)
And, fo sure he spent some of his 10K on those braces. He's just adorable.

I guess I don't like Uli because of the one trick pony thing, and I'd never wear her dresses. But, I'm the original girl in black, and have to realize that women actually wear colors!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:10 pm

If Laura wins I will be more grossed out than chloe's winning.

Uli's no one trick pony. Samey? yes. one-trick? no.

Am I biased? sure, but each of Uli's has had a particular 'feel' in my opinion. Each gradually different. and gradually better for the most part. Unlike Laura's. She's the trickiest of the uni-ponies in my opinion...now she's biting Kaynes glittery gowny stuff. ewww!

Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:18 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

OK, art man, Uli is no one-trick...she is a similar trick, which (in fashion) is kinda a good thing as you intimated re: having your own style or signature etc.

While I can't wear most of her clothing up here, I can't wait to wear light flowy dresses that show off skin comin' up here in a matter of months!

I have always appreciated a little of that hippie-look--it needs to be somewhat constructed and not "Dirty". I love natural fabrics, prints and stuff cut on the bias. I never looked right in hyper constucted clothes. I can appreciate them on others but the nouveau rich hippie/Kate Moss thing is way cute to me. I don't get sick of it when the clothing is fine.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:24 pm

http://www.letrainbleu.com/shop.html

I'd wear almost anything from this store.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:37 pm

I liked those dresses that you linked. But, they're a lot simpler (as in way less print busy) than Uli's.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:42 pm

Sure Uli's stuff can be a little samey, but she really has a great eye for colour and pattern. And I suppose if you are going to make a name for yourself as a designer you have to have something that identifies your clothing as YOU. She has had that all along, and I liked the little bits that we saw this week.

Laura's look, as they've criticised her for, seems more geared to older career women like herself than to the 20 somethings that they seem to be wanting her to design for. So, if they are looking for youthful exuberance, she probably won't win.

Jeffrey seems to have that 80's new wave thing creeping in, and I can imagine people are a bit sick of it by now. Where are all his crazy "rock'n'roll" outfits? Again, as the only "professional" in the group, it seems conceivable that he could whip out that collection in 4 weeks. Especially if he already had some concepts in the works before they began taping back in the summer.

We know Michael can do it. And I think the producers kept focusing on that shirt to throw us off. To me he is the real wild card at the moment.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:56 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

When I found that little blurb on Cosa Nostra, the item they showed as a signature piece was this horrendous leather jacket. It was like the classic tattoo version of an Eightball leather jacket: Tons of colored leather sewn in an extremely LOUD, tattoo-influenced pattern surrounding a banner that had Old English "COSA NOSTRA" in it.

It was a nightmare. "Rock n Roll" indeed.

Alisa--I was giving an example of what sorts of things I like to wear; I hear what you are saying, but in comparison to the others, Uli's vibe is more over with that stuff (which I like better) than the rest of the competitors.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 10:12 pm

hey, no telling where Michael got the scratch for braces, but he had them before he won the ten grand. In fact, he had them when Tim made his housecall a month before Fashion Week.

Yeah, not wild about his fabrics at all... guess the brother didn't shop Gail K on Chesire Bridge. tsk!

Gotta say, Uli's stuff does pop that thing I have for jolly bright colors....
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 12:20 am

I like the little bone/tooth closure and all the shiny beadwork too. Much nicer and au courant than fucking Jeffrey who would die to actually be fashionable. I checked out his collection again and that shit is so Daryl K (remember her?) from almost 10 years back.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 12:24 am

Yes. The tiger tooth rocks.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:04 am

ok, i missed most of it at least due to being sick as hell. crap, gonna watch again in an hour. can't wait to match the people's opinions with the show.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:18 am

i hate jeffry too but i don't like how the editing is making this hate jeffrey crap either. michaels stuff is such a bummer. and laura is a fucking nazi. jeffrey IS so "done" gwen stefani whatever crap. uli's i actually like best out of all of them. which seems so weird to me. jeffrey's shop was crazy huge and amazing! i would die to have a workspace like that. and you know he has all kinds of wonderful little ladies that he can throw shit at to do stuff. i mean, fuck, he's in the fucking god damn garment district downtown. geez. i'm just curious, how the hell does he afford that shit.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:46 am

i've heard about these dudes out in l.a. that are total "crazY" "druggy" "rockers" and "arteests" but couldn't have done it without their trust fund teets. actual that is not just la. i don't have to tell you that.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:52 am

His mother looked like she was dripping in some husband's cash. The dad is likely dead and Jeffrey gets by badmouthing him while buying a Deco bungalow in Los Feliz or wherever and getting a massive workspace on dead abusive daddy's dime.

I could be totally off here, but would not be surprised if I was almost right.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 5:00 am

Yeah, his mom seemed to be in total denial.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 5:22 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

It was awful. Obviously the guy had one fucked up The Ice Storm-esque family life, but so have plenty of upper middle class people, right???? I can't beleive someone in their 30's still has to blame his family and youth all the time. It is amazing.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 5:25 am

Yeah...that's pretty irritating once someone hits about 22 at the absolute latest.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 5:32 am

I see it all the time--every addict I have ever worked with when they were still using was a blame blame blame machine. They blame anyone and everyone, except themselves. There is something about at least how Jeffrey has been portrayed that tells me he is still lost somewhere in addiction land. He may be "sober" but he hasn't tried very hard to work on the rest of it in ways.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 6:21 am

I don't know. The more I watch this show, the more I become aware of the editing bias. They knew they could create an "instant asshole" out of Jeffrey. And that's what they've continued to do. But I bet he isn't that different from a lot of people that we know or a lot of people on this board. We'd probably get along with the guy in the right circumstances, and have a good laugh about Angela or her mom or Laura.

It's been mentioned a few times that he has made outfits for prominent musical entertainers, and I'm sure they pay pretty well for custom stuff. So, while I don't doubt that he's gotten family help along the way, I could also guess that he's made a pretty good go of things. For him, winning a competition like this would be more about exposure and getting his stuff into more stores and boutiques and maybe going a bit more mainstream.

But having looked at his site, I think that he's already far enough into the game, that he doesn't need to win at all for the publicity to have paid off.
http://www.cosanostrainc.com/intro_5.html
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:05 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

They knew they could create an "instant asshole" out of Jeffrey

Though that was the easiest job the PR editors have had to date,that is why editors are magic. I love them. They make these shows worth watching.

I agree--I would certainly laugh with him about Angela and her mom, but if he piped up about god knows whatever shit he talks about, I'd see someone else to talk to really quick.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:07 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Oh, that site must be BRAND NEW cos It was not up a couple of months ago. Do we have speculation here on a winner??????

PS> This guy makes bank.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 8:40 pm

holy cow that site is nuts! and can i repeat, damn this dude makes bank money money money...
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Yeah, I have this wholllllllllle other thought thing going on with Jeffrey. WHAT is he doing? Are they in major debt? Is he not the talented one of the designers there (some of the women's leather jackets and vests are lovely and amazing craftsmanship)?

I am not surprised his whole forte is that arch- LA rocker style. The jackets that really grossed me out were the pseudo-punk blazers with the sewn on cloth patches of Sex Pistols and 999. Holy shit. It is total Ashlee Simpson/Avril Lavigne shit (which should equal lots and lots of dough).
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:20 pm

that same stuff with all the add ons is totally nasty but yeah there's the more pretty goth victorian leather stuff your talking about thats really nice. i'm totally confused. the retard punk stuff would go for a ton of money here though. very Maxfields. which is the grossest most expensive shop in the universe.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:20 pm

that same stuff with all the add ons is totally nasty but yeah there's the more pretty goth victorian leather stuff your talking about thats really nice. i'm totally confused. the retard punk stuff would go for a ton of money here though. very Maxfields. which is the grossest most expensive shop in the universe.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:21 pm

thats nice. why is my shit up there twice. duh.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:56 pm

Where are you? I looked at the list of shops that sell there shit and there aren't many and I'd never heard of one. I am up on the really cool small label boutiques cos I wanna open my own one day.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:20 am

i live in dumb ole los angeles. i'm not sure where he sells his things but as far as that fakey avril lavigne simpson stuff it would fit this huge store called maxfields. its fake goth weird for really really wealthy people. they had those dumb blazers with silkscreen garbage on them forever. really ugly. the fact that i even know that slightly repulses me. i've always wanted a shop too. thats funny.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:33 am

You can check the link on the site and it lists the shops--there aren't many. I would imagine their production is very slow and the items crazy expensive. Maybe he went on there to win the cash to expand their business by being able to hire more people and to have someone who could market them better. How much is the grand prize anyway?

Thing is, the nicer stuff the label makes is kinda dated itself--Rick Owens did all that in LA years back.

I have a friend here who opened her own shop and if she can do it, I know I can if I get my shit together. Doing it here in Portland would be grossly redundant, but in Florida, if I keep it small and do it just right, it could be great. Maybe I can sell Uli's stuff! (Hey, have you ever shopped at Creatures of Comfort there? I recently did...great store.)
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:35 am

There were also pictures of the likes of Billy Bob Thornton and the dude from the Darkness wearing his jackets in the press section. I think what I gathered from him early on in the show was that he made a lot of custom stuff, so perhaps this PR stint is an attempt for him to get the ball rolling on ramping up his everyday lines. I don't know how much $100k would help, but the free tv publicity has got to be worth tons.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:48 am

the publicity is definitely worth all of it. i've never been to creature comforts. i love the name. i've always wanted a shop that i could live in or above and have a workspace as well in the back. mmm...that would be so swell. wow, miami is sooo different from portland. i seem to get the idea that all of his nicer things are dated. like what you've said before daryl k, rick owens and even that vivienne westwood rip off that he won the challenge for.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:52 am

i just looked at the stores and he does sell at maxfields! that place is so silly pricey. all the shit there looks like his crap. funny.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 12:57 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

Thing is, so many designers now rip off from established designers and some that are very successful (Marc Jacobs) rip off shit from Betsey Johnson (her 60's and 70's lines) who is still working herself! It is one thing when some nobody does this, but it seems to be more and more accepted overall, unfortunately. There are some amazing new designers though--Jessica Ogden and Alexandre Hercecovitz are my two new faves.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:04 am

marc jacobs ripped off one of my favorites too Koos van den Akker. his 60's and 70's stuff. there's a certain amount of inspiration i think is allowed but i feel like its not even about that any longer either. i loved the jessica one. i just looked that up. i can't find the other guy at all.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:07 am

Ok jessiebelle, bring this discussion over to fierydrunk@hotmail.com. I will give you my real email so we can discuss all this in full.

(I totally agree re: Koos)
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:08 am

i think its been a big help to jeffreys business that hes in aa out there. thats sort of like going to church is in memphis, as far as networking goes.
people support each others attempts at honest work big time, and alot of them are super rich if not superfamous.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:12 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

I can imagine- -you know there are plenty of now sober "rock stars" and "actors" with a bit of casual cash to help that along really nicely.

I don't mean to be such a snot about all that--I have such a love/hate with it all and I am really harsh on people who are in recovery, saying they are in recovery or wanna be in recovery or should be in recovery. I have been the "therapist" in that relationship for so long. Being a nice sweetheart gets you NOWHERE. You gotta be something in between.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:19 am

especially in l.a.! the AA network of industry people here is crazy. its like a secret society or something. jeffrey may have many a supporter in there. thanks fiery! i know, i was goin off topic and all...
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:27 am

No, I don't give a shit about that! This board is insane (thank god).

I just am interested in more discussion on this; I don't know many people that are as into it as I am and it appears you may be one of the few I can discuss all this and still want to have a conversation with!
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 1:36 am

oh goody. yay. total.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 4:01 am

I hear he's a mason.
Posted: Oct 14, 2006 9:17 am

So Jeffrey really is a white devil. I knew it.
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 8:19 pm

...'peens and needlez.'
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 11:54 pm

can't wait can't wait...i'm going to be in anticipation with friend and wine and a gigantic cheese plate. yes. and then...a little top fuckin chef. nice.
Posted: Oct 18, 2006 11:58 pm

im actually more excited for top chef than the finale.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 12:07 am

I am staying up past my bedtime to watch on time--wish I could stay up late for Top Chef too!!!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 12:09 am

thank god you know they re run everything for days...
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:10 am

Anyone want to go out on a limb? Damnit, we should've started a pool!

My prediction is...
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:16 am

My munnyz wid ... um ... shit ... MICHAEL
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:20 am

I waver back and forth. My bet is on (not my favorite)...Laura.
Though, I do find some logic in what Jay said. "Well, it's got to be Michael. The first season they had a flaming queer white boy, the second they had the Asian chick, so this is the season of the black man."
Such cynacism...but, well, I'm a cynic. And, I'm hoping that's right because Michael is adorable.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:21 am

I already looked at the collections so my bet would not be good in this. Y'all people who didn't cheat go ahead and guess.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:31 am

I cheated, but not that hard. My favorite would be Laura but I'm hoping she gets punished for being a taddletale
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:40 am

OK, I'll just go with my fave clothing of the collections: Uli.

(dirtywhite predicted Uli like on week one, so if Uli takes it, KO should win)
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:42 am

I'm interested in the cheaters' opininons! I'm at a disadvantage here because I didn't cheat! It's entirely up to how the shows go tonight, I think. Though, what the hell do I know? I thought Santino was robbed, and Chloe won with all those ugly Dynasty dresses!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:46 am

Fuck you people. Begining at 8:50 and ending somewhere around 10:55 (prep, watch show, talk for an hour with her sister on the phone), my wife will be completely ignoring me.

What about my feelings?
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:47 am

And she says Michael will not make it. I have no idea what this means.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 2:27 am

Oh shit, I forgot about Uli, I was just thinking Michael, Laura, and Jeff. I guess prolly Uli over Michael. I put 1 corona on it!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 2:39 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

Michael will not make it indeed, but who cares? He is dating Brandy (this should end post haste), is probably the most well-liked PR contestant ever and will most certainly be entertaining job offers from the likes of Michael Kors, Diane Von Furstenburg andd Zac Posen. The kid is set. He is 25 and a cute lil brace face.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 2:40 am

And Alisa is right, Santino's collection was amazing.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 2:41 am

Zac Posen

Are you trying to say "Prozac"?

We still aren't talking about my feelings.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 3:05 am

You obviously need some Prozac for these Wednesday nights with Bravo--your wife's not so secret lover.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 3:21 am

Totally. I told her I was hungry. She didn't even look at me.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 3:34 am

SPOILER - SPECULATION:

Michale and Laura collections were rather lackluster. Jeffrey's was fantastic. Uli's was intereting - I didn't personally love it but I can see the general public loving it, so I stay with her as winner.

Brandy's up on here! And yes, Michael's braces are cute!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 3:38 am

Laura married Guy Blank, Jerri Blank's dad from Strangers with Candy.

Nod to Uli-1st, but I have to say I fucking hate the tie dye pattern she had on one dress and had used before, Jeffrey 2nd, Laura 3rd, brace face Brandy fucker 4th.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 4:00 am

I will have to say I am glad they didn't pander too much to the audience. Michael was easily 4th and they didn't pretend to give it to him, but rather crowned the villain as the winner. Tatneck was pretty lucky not to get elinminated a few times during the season. but he wins.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 4:00 am

HAHA!! Or, as Heidi says, "HA!"
Okay, I'm happy with the results after seeing the clothes. I liked Laura's dresses better than Uli's though. What was up with all that weird silver monotone stuff?
Okay... on to TOP CHEF!!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 4:05 am

Laura married Guy Blank, Jerri Blank's dad from Strangers with Candy.

SPIT TAKE!!!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 4:11 am

Side:
Watching Top Chef and already an incredible quote. "I used to be bulimic and I got into food to try and cure it."
OMG!!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 4:54 am

Dumb stuff I did.
I was hungry.
Lady wasn't talking to me because "the show" was on.
Picked up my dinner, picked her up some Wheat Thins, a pear, a plum, and a peach. Picked upsome Havari cheese w/dill.
Got home and cut it all up and served. None of the fruits were tart enough (I tasted them myself beforehand). Sprinkled a little lemon juice prior to crowning with thin cheese slice.
Served. She's watching Top Chef.
Critiques ensued.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 6:33 am

I can finally read this!
TOmorrow.

Until then, I regret to say, I really enjoyed butthead's stuff. A lot. And guess I think it's kind of neat that the judges picked 'that' line. I mean, I liked everyone's stuff -- and wanted M to win, of course, but -- but, in a way, I could see most ANY of their garments being bought in the mall/chain stores, but w/ MOST (90%) of J's, it looks designer-y, custom, unique, specialty-shop -- whatever -- but still something you could see an everyday girl wearing.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 6:35 am

Jack! Please mentor a little person!
I need a cabana boy post haste!

That cooks AND cleans!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 6:44 am

Please mentor a little person!
I can teach them to cook!

I need a cabana boy post haste!
I'm just bad at picking fruits!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 8:03 am

PPPPPPPffffffffffffffttttptppttpttttt(plop)ffffffffpppppfpfpt
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 8:47 am

but I have to say I fucking hate the tie dye pattern she had on one dress and had used before

Wasn't it the dress she was working on last week?
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 8:52 am

Personally, I really liked Uli's stuff, everything in her collection was spot on. Jeffrey's "edge" is what took him over the top. Well. That and his experience.

In the end, they all get jobs anyway, so they're all winners.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 8:53 am

I was really impressed with all the crying.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:31 pm

Brandy's up on here! And yes, Michael's braces are cute!

Uh..they're dating now.

Soooooo disappointed. Jeffrey's collection reminded me of Marc Jacobs' take on grunge a few years back which was so awful it made me laugh.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 1:32 pm

I was really impressed with all the crying.

You should've seen Top Model. Tyra got her cry on.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 2:46 pm

wasn't that jeffry's band's song from the myspace page the song played during his runway show...? prety lame.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 5:26 pm

dirtywhite predicted Uli like on week one, so if Uli takes it, KO should win)--I went back and checked and though I may have overlooked it because there's alot that's been said but I find no such prediction being made. *I* however predicted Uli as a finalist in mid August...not taking anything away from dirty...just sayin'. Of course at one point I thought Kayne was one the better one;s>

All in all Uli's was the best of the bunch. Nina Garcia hates Uli. It's all Nina's fault.

whatever, at least Laura didn't win.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 6:02 pm

"DON'T BORE NINA!"
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 6:24 pm

I thought dirty said something to the effect of Uli being the black horse or flying in under the radar or something. But then again, that could haev been flesheater.

I didn't watch it. I was exhasuted and fell the hell asleep. Naturally I am dismayed that J won for that "Eh, OK, so it is better than Brace Face's stuff" collection and because I hate him so much. And that he is already making mad loot. Whatever, main.

Top Chef, Top Top Chef, y'all.

And, Khan is right. Tyra indeed got her cry on: (In Tyra's hushed, serious, friendly tone) "It's OK to cry. I cried yesterday. For two hours!" That was the biggest laugh of the night
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 7:44 pm | Edited by: flesheater99

boring Nina would be one of the last things I'd like to do in life.

the "2 hour" comment was rich but I have to say the biggest laugh of the night for me was the chick dressed like Bobby Brown.
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 8:24 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I loved how they chose the "My Perogative" Bobby and not the Crackhead Bobby that Jaeda would actually know. I mean, the girl is like 20 years old. She would haev been 2 years old or sumpin with the diagonal fade Bobby!!!!

Check this Jeffrey quote from the bravo.com interview re: Uli:

I think Uli just needs some more experience in the industry. She's a stylist who makes one thing and makes it well. I think if Uli learns about clothing construction, because she kind of made up everything she knows. It's pretty basic construction -- I think if she just learns some more about her craft, I think she'll do great things. And if she learns more about manufacturing and distribution. She's doing it the hard way, she doesn't make patterns, she sells her pieces as these one of a kind pieces, which is how I got started. But eventually you have to figure out how to make a whole line.

(Some of the greatest and best, legendary designers--not that Uli will ever be one--EVER made patterns, dude! If someone sponsors you for a mass-produced line, there are people who MAKE PATTERNS from your deconstructed pieces. She doesn't have to do it herself. Sure it takes longer, but if you can cut and drape fabric, you are doing just fine.)
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 9:28 pm

hate that jeffrey won. sorry. i liked uli's soooo much better. i only liked maybe two outfits that jeffrey did. whatever. the winning crap never seems to matter anyhow. laura is still old lady nazi but i love the looks of her husband. i guess its alright. man was michaels stuff bad gucci. target gucci. whew. back to top model and top chef land it is...
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 9:34 pm

target gucci.

HA!!!!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 9:35 pm

"It's OK to cry. I cried yesterday. For two hours!" That was the biggest laugh of the night

Hells yeah! You know fourfour's gonna have some great action shots of Tyra next week. For Christ sakes...she shoved a donut in her face and started talking with her moufful!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 9:37 pm

i said early on that uli would be next to act a bitch. she never did. probably because shes happy to be on the beach in miami instead of frigid old e. germany, and she was just happy to be on the show.
she became my favorite, and i hoped she would win, but, like alot of germans she is "happy with # 2". i was just glad to see her smile.
michael looked like he did the wardrobe for dr. detroit out there.
i dont even remember lauras, seemed like it would look good on the heart sisters back when they were smaller.
jack stands, next season you can call mr. sam for dinner.
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 2:25 am

"happy with # 2".

Germans like to poo.

i dont even remember lauras

I liked the green coat that Tim told her to get rid of.
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 2:34 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

but, like alot of germans she is "happy with # 2"

This cracks me up.

Yeah, I wanted to cry for Michael a little at the end. But he'll be fine. I did notice that his family had the most up-to-date digital camera out of all the other family members snapping photos of the runway show.

And, really, Uli should have won. Even if I didn't despise Jeffrey, I'd say that.
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 2:38 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

One more thing, I "realized" when Nina Garcia said that everyone came up after the shows and asked how to get in touch with Uli, that she really won and that they could justify giving it to Jeffrey. I mean, when Barney's and Bergdorf's are calling you, fuck a $100 grand, a Saturn and a mentorship with INC Concepts. Who would be caught dead in a Saturn in South Beach?
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 3:18 am

$100 gr

?? I thought it was $10 grand ??
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 3:23 am

Yeah, I wanted to cry for Michael a little at the end. But he'll be fine.

Dude! http://www.starmagazine.com/celebrity_news_gossip/entertainment/9991
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 3:32 am

I thought they said 100 grand. 10 grand isn't much.

Khan, you late. I posted that awhile back (I think)!
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 3:45 am

I thought it was 100k.
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 3:50 am

I did notice that his family had the most up-to-date digital camera out of all the other family members
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 6:51 am

its total 100 grand and yeah, if uli is at those department stores and people were interested in putting her stuff there, it just don't matter who won. for sure. your total right. and then. yes. if i must say, its ok that jeffrey won. mr target gucci just isn't ready yet. and laura is still a nazi with a cute little einstein husband and she's gotta be loaded anyhow. she'll be fine. her apartment and 10 million kids reak of money.
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 3:30 pm

Who would be caught dead in a Saturn in South Beach?
this guy. riiiight heeeya
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 5:12 pm

Oh flesheater--I hope you get a little Saturn (which one would you take--Tim Gunn's convertible or that faux-Scion one that Jay Carroll has?) to putt around Miami in. You can take us to the Delano and whatever the new hotels are when we meet up and we'll crash the pools.
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 8:02 pm

News from the mouth of Tim Gunn:

The other big question is whether the show would move to a twice-yearly schedule, having just aired two seasons this past year. That appears to be a one-time thing, however, as Tim says, "with the start of Season 3, it was Bravo's intention to brand it as a summer show." Following the same schedule as last year would mean casting starting in March and then production in June, although without a current season on air, it's likely casting would begin earlier.

Tim also reveals that, during final deliberations, the guest judge, Fern Mallis, did not want Jeffrey to win. "She really leaped to a position of championing Laura and Uli in the face of some antipathy from Heidi, Nina and Michael, having to do with how narrow their scope is," Tim said. He adds that "There was a lot of debate, it wasn't a matter of, 'OK, it's Jeffrey, let's all leave and have a cocktail.'"
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 8:53 pm

This thread has to be a runner-up for longest ever. Why don't they just move the t.v. show to the goner board?
Posted: Oct 20, 2006 10:25 pm

It will disappear in a matter of days not to return for 9 months.
Posted: Oct 21, 2006 12:00 am

Thank goodness.
Posted: Oct 21, 2006 1:19 am

You've been checking it, mister.

(Someone is in the closet, bigtime)
Posted: Oct 21, 2006 2:34 am

Nope.
Good one, though.
It just keeps pooping back up on the board with like 600 posts and counting, so y'all must be closet fashionistas.
Posted: Oct 21, 2006 3:58 am

alot of people think fiery only has one pair of shoes, but she secretly has some for work and some for the weekends.
when my husband is asleep at night, i put on clean clothes.
mr. stands is a personal shopper for david gest and, sometimes, lisa marie.
Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®