Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Project Runway Fans
Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 6:31 pm

skinny pants with the little tuxedo buttons and slit at the ankle tho, not for me

No for 'me' either, but that was what I liked most about their design as soon as I seen it.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 6:45 pm

I liked the top--I didn't like it with the straps down, but when they were up, it was slammin'! Ooops, that is lingo from Hell's Kitchen...sorry!

I am short and curvy and this whole new skinny pant look is for the birds, not for me...I am glad for the up and coming high-waisted trouser pant...lengthens the leg.
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 7:58 pm

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 1:02 am

I love Bradley...but he ain't PR material. He is an artiste.

They will be keeping Bradley. People think he is "adorable". What was that line he said last night about his team leader not liking his beard. Oh yeah, and I read that paragraph at the end of the show that says that the combination of the scores from the judges and input from the producers decides who is in and who it out. That's why when it came down to Barbie boy and Wallflower last night, I knew right away who was going - the one who had only spoken about 10 words on camera the entire series so far. No personality, so "see ya!"
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 1:04 am

Yup--I may actually try to stay up late and watch realtime, just so I can chat witchall tomorrow. I'll hate myself at 5:30AM, but fuckit.

I love satellite. I can watch in real time - at 7pm.
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 1:53 am

Some cable channels do that East coast scheduling thing on cable, but not Bravo. I have been exhausted since 3PM today.
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 4:39 am

Well you can always go watch Big Brother or some horse-shit like that for the apparent drama you seek.

Of course it's the drama.

Do you really think these shows exist only for the topics they cover? I mean, I watch both PR *and* the Top Chef crap, despite the fact that I don't give a goddamn about either fashion or cooking (or even gourmet food...or even cooked vegetables).

The drama is where it gets to be entertaining.

For someone truly into fashion, I can see that side of it being interesting; for me, yeah, it's nice to see what they come up with, but what keeps me watching is how they interact.

Obviously, the friggin' challenges matter: They're what makes the drama happen. That's people performing under stress. In other words, it's drama.
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 4:46 am

i like the collaboration. it makes everyone seem coupley. i think architect lady is doin the black guy. kayne is sweet on the barbie guy. blonde girl and l.a. guns are liking each other, and vincent and bradley are just good friends.

i think ulee is the next to act a bitch.

i wasnt crazy about any of the pieces on this last episode.
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 5:38 am

ya'll gotta get up on the tim gunn podcast, where he reviews each show and gives his take on shit.

"Listen to Tim Gunn."

ct
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 5:32 pm

I only like the collaboration here and there--it seems they are doing too many and I can't tell the individual styles as much as I'd like to at this point. I think Michael and Bad Mommy curl up together like a weird mom & son combo, but I think he gay.

You think Ulee, huh? Hmmmmm... we shall see! I think we all need to watch out for snippity Texan Kayne.
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 5:42 pm

I think Michael and Bad Mommy curl up together like a weird mom & son combo, but I think he gay.

Again, he's another one who has yet to really feature properly in the show. Ever since his coffee filter debut, he hasn't really made much of an impact, but I think his coupling with her will keep him on the show for a while.

If they want drama, I think they should be sure to send Barbie Boy home to see the Okie Queen cry.

By the way. They can't do the partnering up thing when they've got a prime number head count. That's what would have happened next week, but because Keith got sent home, the number went straight from 12 to 10, so who knows.
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 5:46 pm

Oh Kayne is Okie??? I thought he was a Texan--oh well, that is even better.

I have been a little disappointed with some of the editing this season--it hasn't focused enough on the clothes and everything still feels very loose and kind of half-ass. Maybe things will change. Also, has anyone noticed Heidi taking on a more definite uber-bitch quality????
Posted: Aug 4, 2006 5:53 pm

Posted: Aug 5, 2006 1:42 am

Oh Kayne is Okie??? I thought he was a Texan--oh well, that is even better.

I have been a little disappointed with some of the editing this season--it hasn't focused enough on the clothes and everything still feels very loose and kind of half-ass. Maybe things will change. Also, has anyone noticed Heidi taking on a more definite uber-bitch quality????

I guess he is just based in Oklahoma, he's from Nashville, apparently. So apologies to Tennesseans and Oklahomans everywhere.

And as for "uber-bitch" - she was certainly wearing some sort of outfit to match last night.
Posted: Aug 5, 2006 1:48 am

Oh, please don't feel obligated to apologize for some prissy pageant whore from Nashville. I no longer feel sorry for the man. Being a Memphian, Kayne is now my arch-enemy on the show unless his Nashville-ness is debunked stat.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 4:08 am

I have to say I'm being drawn to the rich side with the Fabulous Moolah. She's growing on me (and she was right -- good for her on calling Jeffrey <who's Madonna sucked by the way>). Michael deservedly won. Poor beardy but his really sucked.

Who was Heidi's modern take of??? I say Luke Skywalker. My wife says Heidi.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 8:33 am

Heidi's boobs looked saggy in that top, and I find Corella Deville strangely sexy.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 8:33 am

but who wants to be a superhero is the best show on right now.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 2:30 pm

Actually Heidi looked better last night than usual if that is possible. and IS bitchier this season...she must know the host of So You Think You Can Dance is hot on her trail.

hotpants.

hot

pants
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 3:02 pm

Thank God Michael Kors is back.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 6:21 pm

I knew it would be Michael's night when his model nabbed the pic of Pam Grier. I doubt any of the other models even knew who she is.

And didn't Tattoo Boy get a bit nasty last night. Saying that he wished that "that bitch (Laura) would just drop dead of a heart attack". I think there'll be a punch up soon.

Poor Bradley. One of the worst outfits I've ever seen. His model blew it on the pushing and shoving sweepstakes though.

Angela may have the weirdest dress sense I've seen since P-town was home to Zolo legend Terry Sharkie, but that dress she made was quite good.

And as for Kayne. He needs to have that stupid smirk ripped off his face.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 7:21 pm

smirk or no smirk Kayne's design was dope.

Tat-Neck sucks. He's confrontational without any real bite. He just gets bitchy but I don't think he's got the literal 'chops' to back up the 'tude. That aside his Madonna outfit was kinda nice.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 7:32 pm

smirk or no smirk Kayne's design was dope.

Agreed on the outfit. It's really just that smirk that annoys me.
Posted: Aug 10, 2006 8:00 pm

yeah, he's a little smitten with himself.
HIs face after his model told him his dress was 'sloppy'(i think that's the word she used) was pricelss.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 1:50 am

Kayne's dress was my favorite, but Michael is soooooooo loveable that I was so thrilled he won (it was perfect for his model)!!!

I was dismayed that the judges praised Angela. Her dress wasn't bad but to see her get any props for her "signature rosettes" makes me retch.

I was on tattoo neck's side on this matter, guys. If that bird-looking lady had wrecked my machine (or anyones) and then blown off not fixing it, well, she would have gotten an earful from me. The only reason Bad Mommy piped up in her defense was because now that she won the comp last week with Angela she is suddenly her defender and best buddy. Bad Mommy is awfully junior high. She and Michael were bad mouthing Angela bigtime before their collaboration.

That being said, her Katherine Hepburn ensemble was perfect.

GREAT episode.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 2:08 am

Michael came to Angela's defense...I saw him as telling Bad Mommy to stop talking bad about Angela. And, he uttered the best line of the whole season, "Hey, I'm not trying to be Capn Save-A-Ho..."
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 2:12 am

No kidding! I loved that; if he's a fake, he's fucking GOOD.

I saw Michael giggling to Bad Mommy's snide shit about Angela. I have conflicted feelings about Bad Mommy. I am sure her kids feel the same.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 1:48 pm

Capn Save-A-Ho..."--he totally said that. I can't believe I forgot that.

I was on the side of "accidents happen" but if Angela did really break it then she sucks and Tat-Neck is justified...but I still think his bitchiness needs some backbone. But then again I'm giving on-line commentary to an argument that happened on tv over a sewing machine.

real quick>Laura(bad mom's)sketches are really excellent.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 8:10 pm

Is' bad mom an architect??? This ability to sketch well makes more sense. I like her work, but she would get under my skin with the "cold, meanness"... I have to agree with Keith from what I have seen. She just seems so unpredictable.

I am in the lobby of the Embassy Suites at the Portland Airport waiting on a Northwest Burger and Fries ($9.95) on my break from an intensive therapy training. Thank god these places have wireless.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 10:40 pm

Is' bad mom an architect??? This ability to sketch well makes more sense. I like her work, but she would get under my skin with the "cold, meanness"... I have to agree with Keith from what I have seen. She just seems so unpredictable.

Yeah, she's and architect and works for her husband's firm or something.

I love that she seems to think that her skeletal chest is her best feature and loves to wear low-cut dresses to "show it off".
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 10:49 pm

i like that barbie mans idea of a belt for jackie o was a frayed piece of rope.
Posted: Aug 11, 2006 11:52 pm

Seriously. I said the same thing. I thought gay guys had fashion sense.

Have you been reading the fourfour typepad blog. Hilarious as usual. The Care Bears outside the window flying by Allison is very funny. That girl is so cute.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 2:47 am

Me three! I think the dude used a rope on that awful anorak on his last ugly ensemble. On Tim's Take, Tim LIKED it!!! I think he has a crush on Barbie Man. Khan, what is this blog???
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 3:29 am

Kayne's dress was my favorite, but Michael is soooooooo loveable that I was so thrilled he won (it was perfect for his model)!!!

yes, I felt the same way. However, as annoying as I find Angela's personality, and as bad as some of the otehr stuff she did was, I liked this dress.

The wierd guy's twiggy dress was sooooo ugly.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 5:24 am

I liked the dress WITHOUT the rossettes or chiccarones or whatever she called them this time. I still can't handle her.

Yeah, Vincent screwed up a totally easy challenge. The way he described his dress was not how it turned out. He is outta there within 2 weeks.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 9:21 am

I think he has a crush on Barbie Man.

That's why he's still on the show.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 4:59 pm

Khan, what is this blog???

http://www.fourfour.typepad.com/

Comments of various gayness in reality -- you know Project Runway, ANTM, etc. You should be able to read past blogs. The person updates it for Project Runway on Mondays. Always great stills, mp3s, those moving picture frame thingies. This past one for Project Runway was called "Wait Who?" -- click on read more to see the Care Bear photo.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 5:00 pm

Dooooods! Do you know how difficult it has been to not read this thread?? I have been busy as fuck ALL week. Got to see it last night at 12:30.

When I saw Angela\'s dress I was so pissed. Becuase it delivered on the challenge and with her stupid embellishments. Grrrr! I thought she may win too the way the went on about it.

Thought Kayne would win too.

But...damn, I was so happy for Michael...he looked so happy and so cute when they were saying all those nice things about his piece. Man! How hot was that? Would\'da been better if she couldda filled that top [and bottom] out like Pam Grier! Momma!

Jeff\'s SUCKED and can\'t BELIEVE he didn\'t at least get verbal burning at the stake. He\'ll be out soon if he doesn\'t stop making that same thing different cut EVERYTIME!

Bye beardy! Don\'t let the door hit you in the ass!
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 5:02 pm

wtf is with all those slashy-things in my post?
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 5:15 pm

Khan!!! You made my day. Wow. THat blog is hilarious!!! Especially the care bear moment. THink I might save other entries for moments when I need cheering.

How hot was that? Would\'da been better if she couldda filled that top [and bottom] out like Pam Grier! Momma!

YEs! You are so right!
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 6:00 pm

Khan!!! You made my day. Wow. THat blog is hilarious!!!

Great stuff, huh? Did you catch the Grey Gardens reference with Keith?
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 6:03 pm

Ok , for some reason i'm watching this now. some thoughts

Alison (is that the blonde girls name?) I want to marry , no questions asked. She's sooooooo cute
Kayne, I know a guy that looks a lot like him and acts exactly like him and I want to punch them both (although his dress made the models arse look amazing, yes i'm a pig)
Bradley , we all saw it coming. i think he should design for hippy chicks, i would choose burlap for his fabric. he took the loss well
Bad Mommy, had a friend when i was growing up who's mother reminds me of this woman. i did bad stuff so that she would punnish me, and i loved it. she needs to act her age though
Vincent, makes me think of Yorkie, i want to kick him
Tattoo, can't stand to look at him, him getting a little catty was funny
Angela, at first I thought she was cute and a little quirky, then she got on my nerves , then the madonna on crack clothes that she made sort of made me feel sorry for her, then this past week we didn't see as much of her and she made i nice dress ( i guess) so i'm back on the fence with her
Boy that plays with Barbies, is a let down, thought he would win now i think he's gone next show
Uli, no thoughts really
Michael, i tend to stare at his teeth , but he is my choice as winner of the show
I wish the guy that was eliminated in the first show would have stayed around longe, i thought he was creepy and would have added to the show

After all of this keep in mind that it's 1 pm and I've had three and 1/2 bloody marys and sort of got stoned and have no fashion sense at all, i wear jeans tshirts and either vans or boots almost every day.
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 6:06 pm

Welcome Vonborsig
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 6:09 pm

thanks khan
Posted: Aug 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Vonborsig, those are pretty much my sentiments exactly.
In the beginning I kind of liked how weird Vincent was...I was pulling for him because he was kind of pathetic. Now he is just way annoying.
Next week? Vincent or Tat Boy is gone.
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 1:03 am

Ditto on Vonborsig's opinions but I am never giving up my negative judgments on Angela. The only way she can get my love is if she...well, actually there is nothings she can do.

I am going to check out the blog now. I got totally fucked up last night and then had our yard sale all day whilst sipping on a constant Mimosa. I am indeed shattered.

P.S. For some amazing amazing amazing threads (esp. Fall 2006)--I am buying something from the collection, even though the average price is like $250:
http://venacavanyc.com/
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 2:36 am

fourfour is de la brill.

"They look cheap, no?"
Posted: Aug 13, 2006 3:15 am

fourfour is de la brill.
yeah, that was very fun. thanks for the link, khan.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Uli, no thoughts really
I have thoughts...thus far she has picked the most interesting patterns for her gowns but in my opinion hasn't shown any remarkable design skills. Pretty and simple dresses but mostly camoflauged by (someone else's)cool patterns. I think she's one of the silent types like Michael who could emerge as a finalist.

I cannot figure out who's getting Das Boot this week. It's gotta be Robert 'cause he's been so weak the last 2 weeks but those 2 Jokers Vince and Angela are still vulturing so the judges could finally do what they should and cut the dead weight.

My hope is for a slap fight b/w Angela and Vince...last bitch standing.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 5:24 pm

Pretty and simple dresses but mostly camoflauged by (someone else's)cool patterns.

She completely reminds me of Chloe Dao. BORING. I like her stuff, don't get me wrong. It is just sort of dull so far, inasmuch as it looks like 18 jillion other designers stuff they put out every season. I think she is from Miami, which makes sense. Those broads love that kind of stuff!

If the challenge is right, Vincent will easily be gone. Hopefully we have another non-group challenge so we can weed out him, Angela (she lucked out last week) and then (if he doesn't get with the program and fast), Robert.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 10:26 pm

P.S. For some amazing amazing amazing threads (esp. Fall 2006)--I am buying something from the collection, even though the average price is like $250:
http://venacavanyc.com/

Nice clothes, but I couldn't get past some of the scrawny bony-assed models on there. They made me feel a bit sick.

My prediction/hope for who is next to get the axe is Vince. I've hated him since the beginning. His designs are horrific, and he is such a whinging git.
Posted: Aug 14, 2006 11:59 pm

Most legit models are scrawny ass! Check out the PR models up close! It is disgusting; they have gotten even skinnier/bonier as they years go on. At least Vena Cava had a 40-50+ age model on the site, who was tres elegant to boot.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 2:47 am

Check out the PR models up close!

Yeah, I remember only one of them having tits at all.

At least Vena Cava had a 40-50+ age model on the site, who was tres elegant to boot.

I had stopped before I got to her, but it was really that one in the middle of the first group shot with the brown skirt who didn't seem to do anything for the ensemble at all.
Posted: Aug 15, 2006 3:12 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

I can't figure out why so many designers seem to think that having models do not much more than clothes hangars is beneficial. Thin is one thing (not distracting too much from the clothing), but you gots to fill things out a bit or you are useless and even the smallest size looks too big on you.

I think these super thin models are then cause of the Bobblehead Celebrity phenomenon also; regualr sized girls trying to be model-thin.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 3:49 am

"it looks like a brioche!!"

Jeffrey to win tonight, and Vincent to go auf. Though, Allison got the most scathing comments. We'll see...RIGHT NOW!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 3:58 am

oh my god, wrong on both counts!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 4:32 am

Soooooo sad. My wife said that watching that elimination was like watching a butterfly get smushed.

I can't decide what I hate more -- Bad Mommy's protruding sternum or Tattoo Boy's ugly ugly everything. And I thought that his dress was kinda cheap in that he just draped the shit over the fabric. Of course it flowed. I'm glad Michael won.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 4:35 pm

i thought the judges were being kinda weird about michael's speech. maybe he said something brilliant that was edited out, because it just seemed like they were in awe that he could say "organza" and it was sort of off-putting.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 4:37 pm

oops.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:08 pm | Edited by: flesheater99

Big fan of TattyNeck's dress. Thought he should have won. Michaels was nice but I thought Jeffrey's was pretty damn cool.--just as a sidenote I don't find his style poseurish. I like the hoods, the too tight pants and the neck-tat. Not 'for' me but he's got a Holy Grail type thing going that I like.

Allison's face while getting the heave-ho was pretty telling...even she was surpised.

Can't help but think that the producers are up to something by rarely to never showing/talking to Uli. I think she's the upsetter.

I want Vincent to bitchslap BAd Mommy. She would simply OWN an eyepatch.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:49 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

I watched this in a bar last night -- it was neat how everyone is pretty-much on the same page....

* When the group got moved the next round, everyone booed, yelling at Angela! [that ruled]

* When Michael won, everyone went bananas. [I was SO happy for him, but I was really happy to hear the judges saying nice things ABOUT and TO Jeffery -- for the VERY first time. Although his wasn't 'my' favorite, I also thought it was Jeffery's night. I really wanted him to win this/a challenge.]

* Everyone fucking lost it in the bar when Allison was out -- total chaos. They fucking called Vincent's shit 'a nightmare' and said Allison's wasn't 'flattering'. You do the math.

I'm on board w/ there being something amiss. This judgment smells like the handy work of a producer. Allison's stuff has been impeccable. Vincent has done nothing to wow me at all. At all. Something's not right.

My wife said that watching that elimination was like watching a butterfly get smushed.

I couldn't have said that better myself. And so-so true. It really is kind of pathetic how vested I am in this program.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 6:59 pm

All i have to say is Bullshit!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:22 pm

I think Allison's big mistake was not trying to keep working with that meticulously constructed "fabric" that she was making. I'm sure it would have been better suited to window blinds or placemats, but at least it showed effort.

Every week, I think Vincent's going to get it, but there's always someone in the group that has a complete collapse that gets him off the hook. He is seriously deluded. I can't believe he really thinks he's going to be in the final three, but I suppose if the trend keeps up...
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 7:46 pm

I HATED how he kept saying that his design "got him off" eww!
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 8:10 pm

I HATED how he kept saying that his design "got him off" eww!

Seriously. I kept heckling him/the tv. I mean, he was trying to impart on them how much 'HE' enjoyed it.....isn't it ultimately supposed to appeal to the client?

Oh nevermind.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 9:04 pm

crock of shit.

are the other seasons worth checking out on dvd?
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 9:16 pm

I LOVED season II

And I LOVE watching Jay's winning collection for the season I finale. LOVE that shit....not for me...but LOVE, love, love looking at ALL those pretty-pretty colors.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 11:02 pm

Vincent is the worst and should have been kicked off. Tatoo neck should have won last night, and the best part of the show was when Michael tried to clap his light off. Alison is so hot is stupid, and there should have been an "editorial" decision (no matter what the judges said) to more clearly wiegh the following decision: keep the super hot girl who has generally done well v. keep the ugly gay Jewish washed up guy with no taste who scrapes the bottom of the barrell everyweek and had a dress that looked like the cover of Music for Pleasure by the Damned.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 11:18 pm

I think tattoo neck thinks he's hotter shit than he actually is... I haven't been impressed by anything he's done so far...and he's gross.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 11:21 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Go schmatt!
No one's talked about Kayne. That shit was HI-larious. "It looks like a high school prom backdrop!!"
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 11:36 pm

the weird slurry vincent speech of getting himself off repeated like 80 times was so gross. even the look in his eyes when he was talking to the judges was so freaky molestor! allison leaving was sad and such a scam from the producers! i hate looking at jeffrey's neck but loved his dress.
Posted: Aug 17, 2006 11:53 pm

I can't get over Jeffrey saying about Laura, "I hope she has a stroke and dies." That's just mean. However, I did like his dress last night...the first one I've really liked of his. I just noticed today that he's gotta big "Detroit" on his neck.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:07 am

I can't believe they kicked off my girlfriend. Fuckers. Vincent is now just there to piss people off. Even though the Ice Queen was being a bitch about how his model couldn't even walk with his dress on, it was funny. Sometimes I just want to punch her in her stone chest...but also want to have weird sex with her, too. I like how everytime the winner is announced, they show Tatty Neck like he's just flabbergasted he didn't win. Don't know if this is legit, or creative editing. And is Heidi Klum becoming more and more cartoonish every episode? Is her head attatched to her body with a rusty Slinky?
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:20 am

And what was it that Vincent said to Laura. "Would you like two George Winstons shoved up your nose?" Is that some sort of Brooklyn rhyming slang or something?
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:23 am

Don't know if this is legit, or creative editing.

They definitely manipulate a lot with the editing. I bet we'll find out eventually that Uli really is the biggest blabbermouth bitch on the show, but the production team has just been holding back.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:36 am

did you notice her weird little boob hanging out of her shirt when she was yelling at Vincent? And I think he said "go stick some more Harry Winstons up your nose" or something alluding to her being a rich snob
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 12:43 am

Yeah, Harry Winston = DIAMONDS.
Posted: Aug 18, 2006 1:48 am

Whoa...we just watched it and my hate for Bad Mommy is solidified. She is fucking insane and this season's Wendy Pepper, so actually I am glad she is on as she will be fun to keep hating. That mouth would have done been slapped by now in the real world. She reminds me of the worst girls in your junior high class; she either was this girl or she was victimized by this girl so badly that even in her mid-40's, she acts like a horrid child.

I think Michael should have won and not just because I love black dudes. It is because he designs well for the women on the panel and can make things they would wear...this will bias them toward him nearly everytime in this show. But, yeah, dirty's comment re: the judges reacting about how "smart" he is, well, you got somethin' there, gurl.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 12:08 am | Edited by: jahna

Agreed... I thought the judges were spot on about who did a good job this time (Michael still gets my vote for "captain save a ho"), but were *way* off when they let Vincent stay. I agree it has to be about stirring the pot. Producer's choice. Mistake there, in my opinion, Alison's work was pretty good - and - lot's of folks really liked watching how sweet and cute she is.

Oh, and I am glad Bad Mommy is hanging around. I dig her her bad bad attitude - wouldn't care to deal in person, but fun to watch on TV. And her clothes are so retro-clean.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 12:17 am

I am glad Bad Mommy is on just for the drama--I mean, I looooooved hating Wendy Pepper and her Borderline Personality Disorder. But Bad Mommy can actually design clothes...though I'd never wear some of them. They are too crisp for me. And she has no idea of how to use color--or not that we have seen so far.

I think the producers thought having Vincent remain was more interesting that it actually turned out being. I get realllllllly uncomfortable waiting for him to crack up. Too bad they didn't see how crappy Angela's outfit was as hers was easily as poor as sweet Alison's.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 4:43 am

but were *way* off when they let Vincent stay

Word. I have Vincent. I loved Allison's design until it was on her model.

I've been sneaking home to watch reruns of this shit during the day - and I hate Bad Mommy. Honestly, I would probably wear her clothes, buuuuutttt they're way too predictible. I would have totally preferred walking around a party in the tattoo-guy's newpaper dress. It was way more innovative, ya know?
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 1:38 pm

im gonna get run off the goner board plank for saying this...but i'm attracted to The Neck Tattoo guy....uh....i have the worst taste.

now to beat the dead horse.

i liked the 'lets enjoy allison for a few more minutes' speech from KaYne
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 3:07 pm

But Bad Mommy can actually design clothes...

They are all the same thing...deep v-neck top with clean lined skirts!
I think it will be her demise.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 3:42 pm

If the producers are looking to get rid of the bores then they should get rid of Robert. I know I picked him after the first episode, but geez!!! This guy is soooooooooooooo boring and unfunny. That line about recycling?? Something like, "I luv to recycle. Glass, plastic, boyfriends." I'd imagine there was quite the collective groan after that line was delivered. Shit. I've heard funnier gay puns than that on Will and fucking Grace reruns and that show is gawd-awful.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 3:44 pm

and also...what is up with him and rope cinched jackets! My friend's sister calls him "the London Fogger"
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 3:51 pm

She has been lucky Diane VF and Kors have been judges...that is their MO too, esp. DVF who made a fortune off sexy wrap dresses.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 4:49 pm

Robert definitely SUCKS. I would be perfectly satisfied designing clothes for Barbie. Barbie clothing actually used to kick ass in the 70's and esp. the 60's; it was SO well made...check it out now and look who we have to blame.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 5:40 pm

i liked the 'lets enjoy allison for a few more minutes' speech from KaYne

I totally got why Bad Mommy was beating up on Vincent for how crappy his dress was. She was *really* upset that Alison got booted and not Vincent. Still, I also really was happy that Kayne shut her up.

im gonna get run off the goner board plank for saying this...but i'm attracted to The Neck Tattoo guy....uh....i have the worst taste.

Here ya go, babe! He doesn't do it for me, but I could see why someone could find him attractive.

I think it will be her demise.

Yes, Bad Mommy does have a really particular point of view (here's the one piece that didn't look like the others, and even that has that same vintage cleanliness to it. I like her stuff, though, even though it's boring it's not boring the way Robert's clothes are. They are ugly-sears mall-boring, instead of retro-clean-boring.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 5:46 pm

Keith--I kind of like him, hate the tattoo cos it seems like he is decapitated. Too busy. I still think he is a little bit of a bitch, but agree about his take on Bad Mommy.

I get why she was mad, but that was just unbelievably uncalled for. She snapped at Kayne earlier too--she is just TOO free with the negative commentary but can't hack it if anyone else speaks their mind. Michael even treads lightly with her cos she'd turn on him in a hot second if he didn't give her the kid glove treatment. I think she is the second craziest person there now that Bradley has gone. Angela is just an idiot.
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 5:49 pm

I think she is the second craziest person there now that Bradley has gone.

you think she's crazier than Vincent???
Posted: Aug 19, 2006 9:31 pm

She is the second craziest person!!!! Vincent is of course the craziest!
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 3:13 pm

Who coulda called Vincent winning? crazy. Robert deserved to go but that fucking graduation gown Jeffery made was awful!
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 4:09 pm

but that fucking graduation gown Jeffery made was awful!
I was still on his side in the "fight". Angela's mom was just as awful as she is! Whiny baby...
I really liked the challenge last night. It was cute to see all the moms! Uli said she hadn't seen her mom in years, Kayne and Michael's moms were dolls. Bad Mommy's mommy showed all too clearly the ravages of smoking for years on your face and neck (what I have to look forward to soon).
AND...Bad Mommy is PREGGERS!! Hahahahaha.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 4:26 pm

Angela's mom was just as awful as she is!

she was SOOOOO whiny...like Pat from SNL and weird...but jeffery is still an ass.

and also you guys (Alisa, Fiery, sherry, jahna, etc.) need to get the bookclub book (Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger) cuz you guys are good catty disscussers... so there.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 4:55 pm

To the powers that be, PUHLEEZE get rid of Angela next week! That dress she made for Laura's mom was the weirdest fucking getup I've ever seen.
And, she's back to wearing her bubble skirts and dumb hats. She wears the ugliest clothes! And her design esthetic is just wack.
I actually liked Jeffrey better last night than I ever have. His mom was nice, and seemed to genuinely care about his turnaround.

I think I'm calling the last three as Uli, Micheal, and maybe Kayne or Vincent.

I gotta go to the library in a couple of days, LisaLisa. I'll try and pick up the bookclub book there.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:02 pm | Edited by: andria

I love that Jeffrey got outed as the typically rebellious offspring of some totally wealthy family -- his folks are going on cruises while he's living on the streets shooting heroin... Memphis folks, what if BYRON LEE turned up on the next season of PR?

Angela is totally annoying; I like Jeffrey better, but I did wince when we saw him abuse her mom. it was a lame thing to do on national TV. I wonder what ended up on the cutting room floor.

Laura is completely BATTY! and she's originally from New Orleans? six kids! good lord!

I am editing this to add, do you think she breastfeeds from that bizarrely concave chest???
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:06 pm

Uli and Michael definitely should make it to the finals. I'm not sure who is #3. I thought Vinny's dress on Uli's mom was retarded looking. If Bad Mommy makes a few things that are out of her normal range, she'll probably make it. Then again maybe she'll have pre-natal probs and have to drop out due to the drama.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:08 pm

I'm sure breastfeeding for her kids is like sucking on a pencil eraser glued to a concrete wall.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:17 pm

Uli and Michael definitely should make it to the finals.

I agree...and number 3 is a mystery...what if it ends up to be Vincent??!?!
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:36 pm

I loved it when Laura said she was gonna just throw the baby onto the pile with the rest -- do you think she even bothers to name em? I can't picture her mothering one child (remember how she was around the DOGS), let alone a brood of em.

I can't remember em, but Michael Kors had some great zingers last night...
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:39 pm

but Michael Kors had some great zingers last night

and what about his mother...she is the total female version of him plus sally jesse glasses
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:45 pm

Uli, Michael and Kayne are the last three.

TatNeck's dress wasn't as bad as some others but they had to skewer him for creating problems. Who knows what really happened, but as it was shown he was a crybaby and could have easily Tim Gunned that situation and been nice and diplomatic. Hell, he knew he would have an opportunity later to moan to the camera, or share with Bad Mommie how much he hated not just Angela but now her mom. It was pitiful to see that fat lady cry. He will get punished for that and will be gone soon. He and Vincent are next. Then Bad Mommy.
Kayne was a fat fag boy. That was funny. Barbie man had a hot sister, but now he is gone and deservedly so. Did anyone else catch TatNeck's tears over his deaprture. Jeez, Tatneck needs some Zoloft, or some dilaudid, maybe.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:50 pm

Laura is completely BATTY! and she's originally from New Orleans? six kids! good lord!
I loved it when Laura said she was gonna just throw the baby onto the pile with the rest -- do you think she even bothers to name em?

Maybe they're Catholic, as she's pretty old to be having kids. Do you think she knows where they come from?
I've had three though, and that "throw em on the pile" comment is pretty accurate.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 5:55 pm

that "throw em on the pile" comment

that actually made me like her for a minute...sometimes she's spunky.
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 6:03 pm

i liked when they saw jeffreys mom someone said oh thought you would have a mohawk! duh!!!!!
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 9:33 pm

last night made me VERY sad I've been defending Jeffrey here. Eat his fukcing heart out for all I care now.

There's no excuse for being THAT disrespectful to someone, yet alone someone's MOM!

And although it was loud in that place, all that bullshit went down becuase TIM asked her what she thought of the dress -- and she said the color was matronly. AND the fabric was ALL wrong. The cardigan didn't look like it belong to the dress ... fucking bullshit.

However, although Robert's time was up, I'll bet you $100 if they asked his Mommy model what 'she' thought of the dress/outfit, she would say that she felt great in the dress -- based on the color alone. And they DOGGED the color....and several suggested PRINT!?! Don't fucking put me in too much print....I don't need that kind of attention....

Really. Look at the two.

I think Uli should have won and I thought's Kayne's outfit was fun, sporty and flattering to her -- even though he burned at the stake over it being 'matchy-matchy' (I'd sure like to punch someone if I hear that again).

cuz you guys are good catty disscussers... so there.

Awww....I rarely read books (too much drinkin to do)....but, why the fuck not? I have no idea what the 'rules' are or what is done or how in a bookclub club....but, if it involves me bitchin-bout something you know I'm down :-)
Posted: Aug 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Here are the rules...next week we'll start reading it. Maybe we'll throw out observations as we go...sometimes maybe I'll pose some questions....but I'm mostly just excited to be able to bitch about it since most of the books I have been reading lately just make me mad...
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 12:48 am

'm sure breastfeeding for her kids is like sucking on a pencil eraser glued to a concrete wall.

Ha!! Yeah, my wife and I have decided that the only reason that she has kids is so that she'll have some breasts. Your boobs grow when with child. Shit...she'd have a concave chest if she hadn't had kids!!

I'm beginning to really like her though. My disgust with Jeffrey is growing with the knowledge that he's a whiny ex-junky. Blech.
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 3:22 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

Damn! So much to read, but I will comment on this and then get to the rest later.

I like Jeffrey better, but I did wince when we saw him abuse her mom. it was a lame thing to do on national TV. I wonder what ended up on the cutting room floor.

Ditto. Ryan and I had jaws to the fucking FLOOR. RUUUUUUUDE! Sure, Angela's mom was awful and we were embarrassed for her whiny ass crybaby shit too, but God Jeffrey! His mother obviously has some weird guilt over his junkie history which likely began as she and her GM exec husband traveled while he stayed at home with the nanny, because I was shocked when she didn't come over there and pull his ear and drag him over to apologize to It's Pat. DAMN!
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 3:28 am | Edited by: fierydrunk

I can't remember em, but Michael Kors had some great zingers last night...
The best one was the "Comme des Garcons goes to Amish Country" description of Jeffrey's monstrosity!
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 5:03 pm

Jeffrey shoulda been booted. That outfit was hideous. Not to mention his RUDE behavior. His belief that she was just standing there trashing his outfit bordered on the paranoid and extreme--she was just answering Tim's question truthfully. Michael has been consistently amazing, and he has the best personality, too. I hope he wins.

When I look back at Vincent's clothes, I have to say: I think they're purposely NOT booting him, because some of his stuff has just been "HUH?!?!" Even though I like him.
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 5:29 pm

"Comme des Garcons goes to Amish Country"
that's it! I cracked up! usually when I think of witty repartee like that, it's 2 days later...
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 6:02 pm

Finally watched it. twice.

you know it's a good episode/challenge if Tim Gunn is choking back tears.
did you see that? He was actually about to lose it when Robert was getting his goodbyes.
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 6:04 pm

and why was Jeffery crying about that...he's insane.
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 8:13 pm

He said, through his tears, "He's a good person. Some of these people aren't good people, but he is."
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 9:33 pm

I think Jeffrey is indeed losing it. The stress is really bugging him out and, still being emotionally about 18, he is projecting it all over everyone*

*Semiprofessional Analysis brought to you by Fierydrunk, Inc.
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 10:15 pm

Here's Jeffrey's band (I'm at work w/ no sound except all the ruffians running around the lieberry):

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&frien did=69301281
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 10:21 pm

really? that was the band that was the subject of that book wrecking crew.
Posted: Aug 25, 2006 11:41 pm

Posted: Aug 26, 2006 1:07 am

Where's Michael's?
Posted: Aug 26, 2006 1:17 am

I'll have to do more digging for that. All of those were on Jeffrey's Top Friends!
Posted: Aug 26, 2006 1:20 am

Jeffrey's first friend is "Hubcap Diamond Star Halo"
GET IT ON, BANG A GONG, GET IT ON!
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 1:44 am

Anybody see Tim Gunn issuing forth fashion commentary for NBC's Emmy red carpet show?
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 1:59 am

Holy shit--that is on here in just a bit (I am on the West Coast) so thanks for the head's up. Was he snarky (please say yes)?
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 3:12 am

Here are the rules...next week we'll start reading it. Maybe we'll throw out observations as we go...sometimes maybe I'll pose some questions....but I'm mostly just excited to be able to bitch about it since most of the books I have been reading lately just make me mad...

Wish I had the time to do it! THings are a little crazy around here right now. I probable can in October, though.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 3:17 am

Jetsetter challenge? Laura will win, maybe Michael.
Please dear lord above, let that cracker Angela go back to Wisconsin.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 3:56 am

SPOILER: There is a god!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:07 am

My satellite went out due to bad weather right after they announced that Jeffrey won for his Jane's Addiction outfit, that those sap judges said was "now" and "hip". That might have been hip in 1989. He should have won the trash challenge and was way better than Michael on that one, so this windfall evens things out. Michael's pants were alright, but the fringe was too much. Laura should have won.

So I don't know who was sent home, it was either Kayne or Angela. What the fuck is up with that bitch and her rosettes.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:11 am

What the fuck is up with that bitch and her rosettes.
SPOILER: Nothing anymore! Thank all that's holy!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:52 am

VERY sad I've been defending Jeffrey here. Eat his fukcing heart out for all I care now.

VERY sad I've been defending Jeffrey here. Eat his fukcing heart out for all I care now.

Fucking dick. I hate him.

Eat his fukcing heart out
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 5:04 am

FINALLY - They fuckin got rid of Angela...fuckin worst!!!

I miss Allison

My prediction for winner - Michael, 2nd place Laura (or maybe Uli), 3rd Uli (or maybe Laura)
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 5:07 am

Fucking dick. I hate him.

Yeah, he's really nasty tempered. I don't like him anymore at all, either.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 5:35 pm

I miss Allison

They have some kind of thing this year...the "audience choice" or something like that. You can go to Bravo.com and vote for the one you like best (out of all of them) and they'll give them some money.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 6:41 pm

How awesome was that French chick at the end?!

"Kayne, you look ridiculous"
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 6:42 pm

Necktat super-sucks. What an uber-douche! He's about as rock n roll as my mom.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:04 pm

i love that last week jeffrey ( my pretend boyfriend uhhhhhhhhhhh) was a junkie and this week a self proclaimed "touring musician" still cute though i even liked his wierd rhinestone bozack holder that he created for himself!!!! why do i like him??? he's so MEAN
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:16 pm

I totally screwed up and looked at this thread thinking it was Wednesday and that people were commenting on last weeks show!!!

ARGH!
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:24 pm | Edited by: flesheater99

HaHa Reap what you sow fieryspoiler!

Uli was drunk last night on the runway.
She even said "it's good for vhen you go out to pahty and get vay-sted."
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:31 pm

ps Jeffrey looked like a fullupburstingattheseamsdouchebag in that shit.
Real good craft and all that, but if I saw that cat walking in my hood(or any other)I would phone a friend to tell him/her what a complete abortion of a "look" I just saw.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:35 pm

The dude is the biggest poseur known to man. It would actually be sad if he didn't take his extreme lack of self-confidence out on the fucking world.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:43 pm

but his neck rules. Has anyone deciphered the neck tat, yet. It obviously reads Detroit on the left side, but that is all I can tell. Wouldn't it hurt/get infected, etc to shave with a neck tattoo.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:44 pm

It is his kids name and then something in Spanish that says "The Love of My Life" or something. His neck makes him look decapitated. I stand by this assessment.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 10:59 pm

he shouldve tattooed a chin on his neck.
and im mad at the judges for trashing kayne because he was dressed like elvis. elvis had at least three airplanes, the nina, the pinta, and the lisa marie.
jeffrey looked like purple rain at the jackson, ms trainyard.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 11:01 pm

he shouldve tattooed a chin on his neck.

SNAP!

FACE!

OOOOOH!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 12:48 am

michaels seer sucker bondage pants were AWESOME !!! he said they were cargo, but i saw a little vivienne westwood in there!!!
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 1:00 am

I think Michael Kors has a crush on Michael Knight
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:15 am

DEFINITELY Vivienne Westwood--Laurel, are you a fan? I have a website for you if so...I have framed Bow Wow Wow 7"s with Annabella modeling my fave lines--Pirate and Buffalo.

What the FUCK was that dick-enhancement shit on Jeffrey's pants? UGH. That rhinestone skull t was so Hot Topic circa 1998 too; he sucks.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:24 am

i missed the codpiece, but i noticed he was LOADED with rhinestones while he scoffed at kayne, calling him liberace.
i wouldnt defend kaynes outfit, mainly because it looked like he smelled horrible in all that black fabric after the flight, but the get-up was no more ridiculous than jeffrey's, which prob'ly really stunk in the crotch area if he had some kind of fashionista prosthetic down there.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:29 am

It looked like a bunch of huge hook & eyes running from the waistband DOWN to the literal crotch of his "touring musician" pants.

That will be the only challenge that manchild wins. And Catherine Malandrino, whilst so very very hot, probably was told she could not pick Michael by the producers so she had to pick Jeffrey.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 3:41 am

yeah michael was the clear winner, but i woulda put bad mommy behind him.
i will have to watch again for the hooks and eyes.
i think the producers should bend the rules and let jeffrey call his sponsor.he needs to do some stepwork.
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 11:49 pm

Highlights for the show this week for me were:

1. Angela getting the boot, as soon as she landed in Paris. (even I know that linen is the worst fabric she could have chosen for travelling)

2. Kayne's boobs

3. Uli talking about her dress being great for getting "vasted" at parties in.
Posted: Sep 2, 2006 1:13 am

Uli had the most serious expression on her face when she said that too! Totally German: "But of course dahlink, ju know Jetsettahs get vasted!"

I loved how Tim said, PACK YOUR THINGS AND LEAVE THE WORKROOM and she got back in the airport shuttle! HA!!!!!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 4:10 am

i just cringed when heidi kissed vincent on the cheeks. i thought she was going to skip that part somehow.
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 5:54 am

didja notice he got in one last, "I like how it gets me off!" gave me chills... yick!

Really relieved Michael survived... poor dress! I have really liked Laura's aesthetic all along, but I think she's starting to suffer from spongey gestation brain.
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 6:14 am

Michael stayed based on his past work, and the fact that Vincent was so overdue. Old Tatneck won two in a row. His dress looked liked it would show of a model's vagina with the way it was cut in the front.
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 7:07 am

fuck a bunch of vincent, he was just as crappy as that spin doctors spaceman
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 8:10 am

Did I already mention that I know the guy who shot he video that got the winner on the first season in the door? Dude from Wilkes-Barre. Aparantly this show is huge there. Of course, so is heroin.
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 6:30 pm

okay. HOW GORG was catherine maladrino on the boat, that dress, those shades, those SHOES...god...beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 7:53 pm

I thought Vincent was going to throw her down and fuck her right there. He was positively fawning about how gorgeous she was!
Posted: Sep 7, 2006 7:56 pm

Posted: Sep 7, 2006 10:17 pm

yeah vincent and his crush was hilarious to watch...i loved jeffreys dress of course, Plaid!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 1:50 am

I did love Jeffrey's dress but he thinks he is SUCH hot shit...he makes me sick. I think his model is cute but she does that tired, awful Tennessee Trotter horse stomp runway walk. Screw him.

Yeah, that was not Michael's forte, but 2 days to do a couture dress in his style is not realistic. It showed in everyone's work, really. Though Jeffrey won and his wa fo sho cute, his torn n' tattered look lent itself to the challenge. Screw him.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 2:55 am

I meant to type above "his DRESS WAS fo sho cute..."

Sorry. Getting old and my laptop keys are worn off.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 1:38 pm

I saw Malan on the street last night getting into a cab with a friend.
Yelled out "they shoulda kept you, Malan."
He stopped, turned, at which point I told him that I totally dug the brown dress(I almost called it the log dress) and he smiled really big like and asked me my name. We talked for a minute. Very cool/sincere guy. But more importantly his suit was totally badass.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 3:53 pm

No way! Ah, the benefits of being a NYC resident, my friend.

I got a lil worrried about our best friend, Michael, until they told him to tuck those weird boob flaps into the dress and then they (once again) fell all over themselves trying to praise him.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 6:02 pm

yeah I was beside myself. Seen a bunch of celebs/mockcelebs but rarely do I feel compelled to say anything...literally froze infront of Stevie Wonder. I love NYC.

Michael. I'm a fan but his last 2 havent' done it for me. Changing the position of the straps made a heeyooge difference. Saved the gown, but my favorites the other night were Uli and Jeffrey. Heidi's comment about Uli's--"at the end of the day, that's what I would be wearing." Pretty effective compliment.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 6:26 pm

Uli's was easily my fave. It would be both gorgeous AND comfortable, which is what you would want in a gown. Now, I did like Jeffrey's but it was a TOTAL AND COMPLETE Vivienne Westwood knockoff. There was nothing truly original about it, plus I hate him, so I will do whatever I can to rip him to shreds.

I think Michael is showing his inexperience, but he has more innate talent than Master Touring Musician Former Alcoholic Junkie Homeless Trustafarian Jeffrey. I am hoping he can hang in there and continue to let his work ethic get him through the rough spots.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 8:33 pm

I think Michael Kors has a crush on Michael Knight

That's it! He smiles when talking about/to him EVERY time. I mean, he has been my dog in this hunt from day one....but...

He was positively fawning about how gorgeous she was!

I didn't gather this at ALL. MF was doing everything thing in his power to 1). change the subject and 2). win her favor. Both shameless. Good riddance, you freak.

And let's be real here. I'm sick of seeing the same shit from the same people. I still totally enjoying the show, but......the ONLY designer here that does anything that's a surprise each week IS Michael.

Argue away.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 9:39 pm

Is Michael's that surprising? The onl;y thing that's been a suprise (to me) was the Pam Grier outfit. Hated the recycled thing--a plastic scarf/wrap? talk about condensation--over a bland old white dress. Why he won that one I still don't know. Then the jetsetter bungee-cord pants. You're "jetsetting" dude, think turnstyles,/closing doors/spaces inbetween seats where things get snagged especially a bunch of damn 2 foot long fabric curb-feelers. And this week:good effort/bad craft...he's good, but not the only one that surprises.

wait...I did REALLY like the reversible coffee waitress dress. So that makes 2 suprises. He's top of the heap but he'll be the next to go after Kayne and Laura (doh!). ok probably not but if I had my druthers...

I complain about Jeffrey but he does nail the challenges and in my estimation(which is far from professional) its pretty darn unique. Often gross but unique.

Uli's this week, the recycle week, and the jetsetter week were totally surprising. They busted her for "having seen it" the jetsetter week but she busted herself by wearing her own designs for weeks prior so the judges were over it. Still a surprise if you ax me.

Fuck it, what do I know. I shop at the Gap.
Posted: Sep 8, 2006 10:44 pm

I will have to disagree with your estimation of Jeffrey's designs, flesheater. For one, his winning rock n roll jetsetter outfit was almost as embarrasing as Angela's. Every part excepting the jacket, rather. I thought EVERYONE sucked eggs at that challenge, but Jeffrey winning blew his already bobbling huge head to ridiculous proportions.

I honestly think Jeffrey's model makes whatever ripped up, asymetrical, circa 2002 independent local designer ensemble he puts on her cute little body. Plus she has an amazing face. And she works it all intensely with that awful horse walk, which brings attention. Put that tattered, tired LA style on another model and it would be seriously "eh...."
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 9:03 pm

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So, what's it been like watching yourself every week on the show?

VINCENT LIBRETTI: It's been pretty cool. You know what they say, look at the bright side. Outside of the box, I got a lot of good accolades from people in the industry that I'm really happy about. I just did an Emmy dress not too long ago. Someone came in with a large amount of cash to endorse me. The exposure has been phenomenal.

Someone is giving you cash to start your own line?

The person wants to come in with $100,000 that will enable me to secure or raise more financing. I've been in this business. You need a lot more money than that. I'm looking to raise about half a million to put up a boutique in Los Angeles and then beyond. The first hundred thousand is a nice little thing. I have a financial guy who says we'll get the rest.

Were you surprised that you went home this week, considering some of the other dresses in the bottom?

I'm very honest. It's just my nature. By far I know my garment was way, way, way better than anyone else's. It's a great garment. It's beautiful. It's gorgeous. I love couture. I love to grab hold onto that and ride with it. The impact was there when Jia walked out with my garment. During the full extent of the show I don't believe the judges understood my clothing. I'm the designer on the show. I'm more innovative. Either America will say, ''Hey, Vincent, I really like you and the judges are crazy,'' or not. It doesn't matter. It's the exposure I'm getting that is most important.

What do you make of the fact that the judges didn't seem to get your dress? They wanted the back and front switched, among other things.

Stuff like that is okay to hear. It doesn't bother me. But you know, last week when Nina Garcia said to Jeffrey, ''You know what, I really like your outfit because it could go to London, Paris, or New York.'' Those remarks were to me, not Jeffrey, but they switched them to Jeffrey. I was watching it, and I looked at my wife and I go, ''Wait a minute.'' I'm over it now, though. I think more than any of the designers I'm getting enormous calls.

Do you regret using so much glue in the 11th hour on your dress?

Not at all. It's a joke — you have 20 hours to make a couture dress? Did you see the shoulder? I did so much work. I laugh at that. I think it's wonderful I glued it. Big deal. It's a freakin' TV show. You've got to be kidding me. That dress was impeccable. It was gorgeous for what it was in 20 hours. They're going to try to show anything they can to make it look like I deserved to lose. But they can't edit the clothes in the end, my dear.

You won the challenge after designing for Uli's mom. Was that your favorite dress you designed?

I was very, very pleased that I flipped from Miss America to the street to a sportier look and then I came back and did a Twiggy look. Looking back now, I don't have a favorite. My range of design is my favorite. My scope of work is my favorite.

You mentioned that not everyone got your vision. Are you unhappy with how you were portrayed on the show?

Yes and no. I was more of the older guy who would help everybody. I grounded the rest of the guys and let them see reality. I said, ''Let's all hang in there.'' I was kind of the elder statesman. I brought out a lot of camaraderie. They portrayed me as a little bit crazy, and I did not like that. But with television, people are hooking into the fact that he's innovative. He's a crazy designer. The attachment to my clothes being crazy will not hurt me. It's innovative, not crazy, but it's better than boring.

I think I follow you. Let's talk about Catherine Malandrino. Were you kissing up to her on the boat, or do you really think she's that fabulous?

I was not kissing up to her at all. I likened her to Anouk Aimée. I don't kiss up to anybody. When I looked at Catherine, I saw Anouk Aimée, and she just blows my doors off. I saw a little bit of that in Catherine's style. I approached Catherine, and I said, ''I'm really fascinated by your style.'' But I don't think she liked my dress. When judges see something new, they get intimidated themselves. With Catherine and Michael Kors, I think there was a little bit of intimidation. I might frighten other designers. I really don't know.

Did you think any of the judges understood you?

I think Nina Garcia and at times Heidi understood a little more where I was going. I think what's his name, Michael Kors, didn't have a clue. He only related to what he liked, and he's a simple, pared-down designer. I don't know Tim Gunn's story. Actually, I do. Tim has been bad-mouthing me ever since the show started because I didn't choose to bow down to Tim. If he gave me great constructive advice, I would thank him, but if he tried other things, I would dismiss him. In a nice way, not a harmful way. He did not like that. So he in turn is digging a nice hole for himself for putting me down all the time. He's supposed to be dean of a design school. You don't speak about people that way.

I was recently watching a Runway rerun in which you had to work with Angela. Was it as horrible as you said, or has time healed those wounds?

It was totally the biggest nightmare of my life. Editing chose to take a position on that, and they didn't want to show Angela how she really was. I gave Angela an enormous amount of work to do. I'd say, ''Angela, did you follow the notches?'' And she'd say, ''What are notches?'' She would swing high and low a lot — like ''I want to help you'' and then ''This really sucks.'' It was a brutal nightmare. They didn't show me being pretty nice to Angela. I was pretty good about that. I didn't want to be crazy on camera. The one thing they picked up on was when I said, ''Stay three feet away from me.'' I couldn't take it anymore. They showed me as a complainer. It's all in the editing.

No one seemed too sorry to see her go last week.
Angela wasn't a very nice person. She was kind of calculative. Most of the other folks helped each other out. From that episode [when Vincent and Angela teamed], the designers went south on her. I was actually the only designer to take her back in and say, ''Hey, girl, what are you doing?'' I just came around again because I wasn't there to fight. I was there to make clothes.

Was there anyone you felt like you best connected with?

The person I liked most was Bradley. I still am buddies with him. He's just a great, great, great guy. I think he's a phenomenal designer. Jeffrey and I were roommates, and we had a very close mutual friend. We kind of liked each other's style. Jeffrey was innovative. I was innovative. Looking at what we could both do brought us together.

What was your favorite part of the Paris trip?

The boat was fun. There was a cute girl with red shoes and a tattoo. I have a lovely wife, but I was getting a little bit nosy with her. Catherine was a little bit too old for me. The other one wasn't. We wanted to meet later for a drink — Jeffrey and I and she and her girlfriend. We invited them to our room just to have a nice bottle of champagne, but unfortunately they canceled on us.

Do you design for your wife and daughter ever?

Liz [Vincent's wife] was my business partner in New York, and she used to wear a lot of my clothes. Sometimes I pick things out for Nina [Vincent's daughter]. I love to watch her sketch. She's phenomenal. They ask me in the morning, ''Do I look good?''

Among the designers who are left on the show, which one do you think is worthy of winning?

Myself. I love the truth, and I'll say this: If you look at the show and you know anything about design, you can see clearly who the designer was. They are amateurs. This show is full of amateur designers. I think one was way, way above and alone on the show. But I don't do the ego thing. It's not my style. But I love the truth.

There are no other designers who you think have a future?

I like Bradley's style a lot. I think Bradley has the most promise going forward as a designer. I'm not crazy about Jeffrey's style — I think there's a bit too much going on.

You and Laura seemed to clash sometimes. What did you make of her?

I think Laura was a rough customer, but she's a rough customer to herself and her children also. As long as Vincent is not brutal, because Vincent answers to Vincent, I don't care what anyone says about me. If I go on the reunion show, I'll laugh. I'll bless them with the sign of the cross. It doesn't matter to me. When you get older, you think, ''I'm going to let somebody bother me?''

Are people approaching you on the streets of Los Angeles asking you to design for them?

Yeah, it's cool. I got to be honest with you. At the outset of the show, it upset me how I was portrayed as a loon. Then I would start meeting people on the street who made me really, really happy because they would go, ''Hey, I like your work.'' I have a MySpace page. Right after that first dress, Alexander McQueen said to me, ''I could see where you're going. I love your style. I did a dress like your Twiggy dress for Bjork.'' We sent each other sketches back and forth. The acknowledgement of a designer of that caliber — what can you say? That really rocked me hard. In my work I see couture. I see high-end design. People on the show say, ''What's that?'' So what? It's only a matter of time before I'm up and running.
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 9:34 pm

I didn't want to be crazy on camera.

The best quote ever.

(Thanks for posting this)
Posted: Sep 10, 2006 9:41 pm

Catherine was a little bit too old for me. The other one wasn't. We wanted to meet later for a drink — Jeffrey and I and she and her girlfriend. We invited them to our room just to have a nice bottle of champagne, but unfortunately they canceled on us.

OK, THIS is my favorite. Jesus christ! He is easily as old or older than Catherine Malandrino. What a nimrod.
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 6:38 pm

okay. HOW GORG was catherine maladrino on the boat, that dress, those shades, those SHOES...god...beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, quite hot.

I thought Vincent was going to throw her down and fuck her right there. He was positively fawning about how gorgeous she was!

She would never have touched him, but I'm sure he got a good few wanks out of the encounter.
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 6:55 pm

Maybe his sideways dis of her in that article was his pathetic justification that she completely blew him off...and despised his shite dress.
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 7:38 pm

Maybe his sideways dis of her in that article was his pathetic justification that she completely blew him off...and despised his shite dress.

I think you are quite right. Plus he probably also said that so he didn't piss off his wife.
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 7:41 pm

But you know, last week when Nina Garcia said to Jeffrey, ''You know what, I really like your outfit because it could go to London, Paris, or New York.'' Those remarks were to me, not Jeffrey, but they switched them to Jeffrey.

This is a really telling comment as to the level of manipulation on the show.
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 7:46 pm

This is a really telling comment as to the level of manipulation on the show.

Indeed. I hate to be the first here, but PR is heading toward Jumping the Shark-ville if it isn't careful. I needs to cut all the Top Model-esque commercial promo interview bullshit with the L'Oreal makeup artist and that loser ain't-never-been, Daniel V. And Tim Gunn is way overexposed.
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 8:14 pm

Posted: Sep 11, 2006 11:16 pm

Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:11 am

NO FUCKING WAY. Vincent and Angela are back on the show with a chance to stay. Jeffrey not pleased. Nobody pleased. Well, except Vincent and Angela.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:13 am

I am not pleased, either!
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:27 am

well, at least Angela's looks like crap.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 4:28 am

Both Vincent and Angela's outfits looked like utter crap. I'm so glad they didn't get to stay. And Kayne tried soooooo hard to be less tacky on this one and still bit it.

So, how about that $10,000 viewer's choice award? THink it's going to be Alison?
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 4:50 am

i am crushed about kayne. i hate it that they got "concerned about his taste level." dam.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:30 am

Indeed. I hate to be the first here, but PR is heading toward Jumping the Shark-ville if it isn't careful.

Good comment. Plus, the elimination is not based on the actual challenge. They eliminate based on past challenges. Tatneck should have been gone based on all the judges comments but instead it was Kayne. But they couldn't eliminate Tatneck because that would be an indictment of their earlier decisions. Also, the previous show/couture dress Michael would likely have been gone or at least one of the last two, but he wasn't because Michael Kors blows him while Nina tosses his salad.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:36 am

How do you vote for the viewer's choice award? I didn't see it on the bravo site.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 6:11 am

Posted: Sep 14, 2006 6:15 am

So, is Michael the father of Laura's baby or what?
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 1:46 pm

dumbest episode yet. whoever had the bright idea to bring those fools back should be sacked. Even the judges/Tim was annoyed.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:36 pm

I'm getting tired of Uli. I'm liking Laura better now that she's getting some meat on her bones. I've not been devoted since they let Allison go. She was a real peach.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:37 pm

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/Vote/index.html

I was actually asking where you vote for the viewer's choice award for your favorite designer from the whole cast to win the $10,000 prize not the live weekly vote. Does anyone know where to find that?
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 3:44 pm

What's Project Runway?
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:02 pm

From realityblurred.com:

Project Runway jumps the shark by letting Vincent and Angela rejoin the competition

So, Project Runway has officially jumped the shark by becoming everything that it used to not be. Angela and Vincent—perhaps the two most annoying, drama-filled contestants—were allowed to rejoin the competition, even though they were already eliminated.

"We told you from the beginning of the competition that there were other benefits to winning challenges. This is it," Heidi Klum told the designers, who were shocked. Indeed, she has mentioned the other benefits in the past. But considering that reward was never revealed before last night, and that the two designers who returned conveniently happened to be the most annoying, this twist seemed on the surface like something producers constructed just to create drama.

Last season's obvious manipulation with time and editing was one thing, but allowing the two most contentious designers to return with a chance at winning was little more than a stunt. And it doesn't really matter that both Vincent and Angela were sent home, again; that actually makes the whole exercise appear to be designed just to inflame the other designers.

And as icing on this rotten cake, Tim Gunn told the designers that they had to use all of the fabric they purchased, including any scraps they cut off. What, is there not enough drama to design a garment in 15 minutes and then assemble it in one day while camera crews hover around? The insecurity is overwhelming, and has totally ruined the show.

I'm overreacting here, as the show remains among the best reality shows, but in truth, what I've always adored about Project Runway is that it's above all of this other reality TV shit. After all, this is not The Apprentice. Sure, Bravo casts strong personalities, but they all have demonstrable talent, and the competitions have been focused on challenging the designers to flex their their talent within tight constraints, not cope with absurd obstacle stacked upon absurd obstacle. A show doesn't have to keep one-upping itself; look at American Idol, which has barely changed over the years. If Runway continues on this trajectory, its meteoric rise is going to come to a quick end, probably by next season.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:23 pm

I was actually asking where you vote for the viewer's choice award for your favorite designer from the whole cast to win the $10,000 prize not the live weekly vote. Does anyone know where to find that?

I'm guessing you can't vote yet.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 5:52 pm | Edited by: flesheater99

Project Runway jumps the shark ---gimme a break. PR fucks up entirely but 'jumps the shark?'--hardly. The producers have taken obvious liberties and made CRITICAL errors this season but it remains 'interesting' at worst.

the Producers fucked up by selecting a cast of designers who have very distinct personal styles but rather uninteresting/not-ready-for-primetime personalities. So you get a bunch of samey type stuff from some rather inarticulate eccentrics. It's alot like art school so I can empathize. and stay interested. However the challenges this year are completely interesting Tim Gunn told the designers that they had to use all of the fabric they purchased, including any scraps they cut off. What, is there not enough drama to design a garment in 15 minutes and then assemble it in one day while camera crews hover around? The insecurity is overwhelming, and has totally ruined the show. --good challenge actually. Really separated the good designers from the bad having to use ALL the fabric. Life;s hard sometimes...can't just throw away the scraps e.g. a standout tv program in a precarious situation.

I'm overreacting here, as the show remains among the best reality shows, but in truth, what I've always adored about Project Runway is that it's above all of this other reality TV shit.--and remains so, so cool yr over-racting jets and enjoy the rest of the season.

all that said inviting Angela and Vincent back was weak, cheap, and a little painful to watch. Maybe the show's producers are trying to 'keep it real' or something by forcing the designers to deal with one-another or maybe they genuinely thought that those 2 are good tv in their nemesis-to-the-viewer-status but the shows strength is in it's creativity/personality and not in ironic twists as the above author has taken issue with.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 6:00 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I haven't even SEEN it yet cos I again fucked up and looked at realityblurred.com this AM, thus the above crit (as they say in art school!)

I will hold my tongue, but I have felt some potential shark-jumping (as stated above somewhere) in all the mad product placement and commercials. It was one thing to have that awful John Mayer sounding shit on the Banana Republic commercial every other second on season one, but even that had some inherent entertainment. Daniel V in some awful American car? Tim Gunn in the Cloisters? The anonymous L'Oreal make up artist pulling a Jay Manuel? UGH.

It hasn't been the show itself to bother me at all. It is this creeping plague that success sometimes results in for a TV show. It hasn't really affected the show...yet.
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 8:29 pm

jeffreys outfit was a wanna be 80s art school nightmare---so hideous and those leggings, ew,i do NOT WANT TO BE INVITED TO HIS COCKTAIL PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uli's was gross too...
Posted: Sep 14, 2006 8:52 pm

The anonymous L'Oreal make up artist pulling a Jay Manuel?

Whoever lit that commercial with him should be shot. His skin actually looked considerably less ravaged during his time on the actual show last night.

all that said inviting Angela and Vincent back was weak, cheap, and a little painful to watch

Indeed. I loved Angela's "I'm available" parting comment. I'm sure she's got designers beating down her door in hopes of introducing an all rosette (?) spring line.
Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®