Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / who are you?
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 7:16 am

yeah, i've seen human eye a couple of times.....actually we played with them in cleveland in november......i like them alot....really nice guys too!
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 8:01 pm

so i was talking to my folklore prof about this thread and the message board in general and she's asked me to use this thread and board for a research project...one problem, i don't quite have the means to send out disclaimers or waivers for the formal interview process, so if anyone has a problem with me using things posted on this thread in my research please email me or post it here what you don't want used.

my email address is:
brighamvicious@gmail.com

thanks,
DCR

oh, and keep posting on this!!!
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 8:04 pm

also

i won't use your real names if i know them, just your screen name, unless you otherwise want me too, in which case send me your real names in my email address with a little blurb on the meaning of your screen name if its different from your real name.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 8:07 pm | Edited by: jenna

i didn't post on this thread. you're not going to take from other threads, are you?
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 8:12 pm

- I live in Austin, TX.
- I do print production/layout for a magazine.
- I do some design stuff for small labels & bands.
- I've been in a lot of bands - some of which are actually liked around here.
- I think Eric is an awesome guy & that's why I came here initially.
- I stuck around/kept coming back (mostly as a lurker) coz there's so many laugh-out-loud, funny smart-asses around here & sometimes the little spurts of drama are funny to read too.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 9:51 pm

i didn't post on this thread. you're not going to take from other threads, are you?

i intend to use things posted on this thread mainly, but if i happen to find things on other threads that i might happen to find useful, i.e. things that might pinpoint this message board as a locus for a community, then i will, and i will cite them as such.
if anyones worried about my intentions with this project feel free, again, to email me and we can discuss it.
i feel like this message board serves a very important function for alot of people and i'd like to document it as such.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 9:54 pm

this message board serves a very important function
Crazy Mormons.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 10:23 pm

My name looks as it sounds. Right now I live in The Cleave. Which is my personal abbreviation for The Mistake By The Lake. I book shows, do drugs, play music in two barely existing bands, spin the "hits," laugh at people, talk to myself, pick my nose, occasionally have horrible bowel movements followed by hours of contentment, smoke the wind, did I say pick my nose?....yeah. Well, I rule, if I may be modern-ego-style (ie. MySpace-ness: "I fucking rule!" "Here's my hot face." etc).

But, really, I do.

Soon to be in The Big Snapple and making Bazooka Joe give me a rail(s).
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 11:02 pm

I am Jackson and live in Memphis. I only know a handful of people on this board, and got into it from my friend Chuck. I used to play keyboards for a band called The Pelicans. I moved, lived in Madison, WI for a year, then came back. Chuck and I play in the new band Datadrums who just played with Sons of Thunder, Kazalok and Black Sunday at Pho Hoa Binh. I'm a Geography major at the U of M and work in a box office and as a delivery driver for the Friendly Fleet. We deliver My Thanh vietnamese food.
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 11:13 pm

The Pelicans
Eric O must love you. I've never understood his fascination with pelicans, although I totally understand the goat thing.

Were you the keyboard player? Great stuff!
Posted: Feb 27, 2006 11:18 pm

Crazy Mormons.

i feel like i'm the only one thats not crazy
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Were you the keyboard player? Great stuff!

Yeah. We broke up around February of 04.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Sorry, man. Never heard the Pelicans. I meant "were you the keyboard player in Datadrums?".
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:49 pm

I've always thought that the Midget Town just outside the Cincinnati limits was far more bigotted. They don't take too kindly to "the tall".

OH MY GOD. hahahahahah. i have had friends that went to that place and got rocks thrown at them. hilarity. i almost forgot about that place. i went there once but it was rather uneventful. i would have paid good money for midgets to throw rocks at me.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:50 pm

pelicans (jackson's version, not the bird) were kinda tech/metal/wave. intense!
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 7:55 pm

I am The Man. I am keeping you down. I live in an undisclosed location, but stay close to the Pentagon, Big Business, and World Economics. These are all tools for my hidden agenda. I got to the Goner Board, because I can see everything. I think Michael McDonald is punk as fuck.
Posted: Feb 28, 2006 8:01 pm

Posted: Feb 28, 2006 9:44 pm

theres a place like that in salt lake...the same kinds of things happen from what i hear
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 10:06 pm

hey i'm gonna be in chicago for the HOZAC blackout...anybody up for interviews? bands, people, whoever and whatever...eric? zac? you guys started all this mess, wanna clear your good names?
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 6:31 am

k, guess not...haha
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 7:03 am | Edited by: Petey

I'm Petey. That's not my birth name, but an old nickname. If you really want to know my real name then ask me and I'll tell you - but you can always call me Petey. I live in Portland and play in a rock band called Pure Country Gold. It's fun. I also play in a hardcore band called Demoralizer. It's fun too. I recently started playing with the world-famous Silver Kings which, needless to say, is crazy fun too.

I just started smoking weed heavy again and now I spend more time on the internet. Mostly I read posts on Goner and snicker here and there, but don't post much. This board can be confusing when you're stoned. I also spend lots of time on myspace, but I still haven't figured out why. I guess I log in a lot just to see if someone sent me a message or left a comment. Sometimes they do and I get a warm feeling inside.

I work with computers and don't want to, but I've actually found it to be the most flexible option for the rock and roll lifestyle.

If you don't read this then that's no big deal - I didn't read any of yours.
Posted: Mar 7, 2006 7:06 am

deadcityrebel - interview me. I'm very interesting.
Posted: Mar 8, 2006 12:29 am

k...i got to write up some questions...any other volunteers?
Posted: Jun 5, 2006 8:43 pm

So, DCR, how did this work out for you? Did you get an F+?
Posted: Jun 5, 2006 9:14 pm

nah i talked my way out of the paper and i made my class a compilation of goner bands
Posted: Jun 5, 2006 9:45 pm

So we learned about each other for nothing?
Posted: Jun 5, 2006 9:46 pm

Knowing is half the battle.
Posted: Jun 5, 2006 10:11 pm

not for nothing

i still plan on doing a paper on the goner community.
i'll probably have a tape recorder, waivers and a notepad at gonerfest III to really get going

windy and i also have plans to put together something with her pictures and my brilliant cultural analysis.
Posted: Jun 6, 2006 2:15 am

I live in Chicago, moved here from Connecticut 9 yrs ago, also lived in NYC and Toronto. I know lots of Chicago folks on this here board and have been reading you all for years, but until Stacey hooked me up with blue_collar Brian and his Oblivian tix on here, I never actually posted. What do I do? I go to lots of shows, mainly. And I support that habit by being a real estate title examiner.
Posted: Jun 6, 2006 2:18 am

Oh yeah... and I'm 42
Posted: Jun 6, 2006 2:51 am

Oh! Forgot to answer the "what bought you here" question. I did college radio forever back in CT and felt like the only person at Wesleyan Univ into the garage stuff and playing Oblivs. They never played CT and I had to go to NY or Boston to catch them. First time I went to Memphis was last summer and my trip to Goner was like a trip to church. My then boyfriend dropped over $200 that day!
Posted: Jun 6, 2006 2:56 am

and the only reason I know ANYONE in Chicago is cuz I met Arman.
Posted: Jun 6, 2006 4:30 am

from/in memphis, drummer for some band called fucked up toes. i work for channel 24/30. got turned on to goner from tracking down lost sounds/reatards stuff, but finding a copy of rock for light on pvc made me keep coming back. plus, coolest staff ever, didnt hassle me about exchanging a warped copy of the spits 1st album i bought, even without a receipt. by far the best record store in memphis.
Posted: Jun 8, 2006 7:38 pm

my name is levon.
i live in vancouver.
i am in some bands like ladies night, pillowfight and no feeling.
i was in another band called das pussyhound.
and i am a jerk.

we hung out right....?
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 5:27 pm | Edited by: Fabio

what do you people do?
look good, love the ladies, be romantic
what are your jobs?
model, sell butter
how did you get to the goner board in the first place?
my rock'n'roll nurse makin' it worse, she comes here
whats the connection?
questions babe. romance novels and telepathy
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 5:59 pm

I am the last to post on this old thread. I used to come here a lot but then I decided it was a total waste of time. Now I got a new job where I get to sit in front of a computer occasionally, so it's a good way to avoid work. This thread was interesting because I wondered who the hell wasted all their time on this message board. Now I know.

Eric put out my first record. I was then in a band that toured with the Oblivians. Then I was in another band. Now I'm the band. The number of band members has decreased but the number of fans has stayed about the same.
Posted: Oct 5, 2006 11:32 pm

any new people who want to post on this? i relaized i missed gonerfest and couldn't play journalist/interviewer, but i'm still interested in documenting this (goner board) phenomenom in some way
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 3:04 am

when i was in college i took a class (cant remember which one) and i read a book about the deadhead folks. it was pretty interesting, the analysis. and i went downtown when they played memphis. those are some wild people.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 3:19 am

what do you people do?

I wait in limbo to leave Portland; I am married to my real soul mate; I am a kooky cat person and I like dogs too; I fixate on clothes and jewelry and shoes and fancy French lotion and makeup and weird celebrities and art and go on binges of anything you can think of. I love getting really involved in focused conversations with all kinds of people. I used to be a complete music freak and encyclopedia but in all honesty I am sick to death of that scene and just wanna like what I like. I got enough fucking records. If you wanna burn me a CD, great. I am tired of going out to see bands after living out here...it isn't half the fun as it ever was in Memphis. Even when Memphis had 5 people at a show, it was intriguing. Here, I'd usually rather be talking to someone.

what are your jobs?

I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker--sometimes that means I am a therapist and other times it means I have nothing to do and play around wayyyyy too much on the internets. It is my hope to get way more involved in my next job and not have to spend so much time online during work days.

how did you get to the goner board in the first place?

I found out about it from Earles I think, an old Memphis friend, back when it first got going. It was/is a great way to keep up with Memphis and Memphis folks. Then it turned into a whole 'nother thing, sometimes bad but usually hilarious and wonderful.

whats the connection?

See above.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 6:24 pm

I live in Los Angeles, do roller derby, run a custom fine-art frame shop (no we don't frame posters, so please don't ask), I eat too much and try to stay away from the drink and drugs.
I have 3 kitties, so cute, love them
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 6:36 pm

LIVE: West Michigan (25 minutes from Lake Michigan). It's the land of the Christian Reformed Church, which means I get scowled at if I mow my lawn on Sunday. Oh, and you can't buy alcohol on Sunday at all. I really need to move.

JOB: Develop transaction management software (credit, debit, checks, gift cards, etc). Kinda boring, but it pays pretty well. Don't ask me to erase your credit card transactions, because while I could (if you shopped at one of our customer's stores, and you told me on the same day you made the purchase), I don't really want to go to prison.

CONNECTION: Played drums in the Chinese Millionaires in the mid-late nineties. Was a fan of Goner back then, but after the millionaires broke up I got away from good music awhile thanks to my now ex-wife. Had a great time at Gonerfest. I met a lot of nice Goners in Memphis. One was particularly nice (although I did meet her one time before Gonerfest).
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 6:48 pm

I'm from Wisconsin (www.wisconsin.gov) and deliver pizza for a living (www.pizzashuttle.com). A little over a year ago I bought a house with my sister (www.shorewest.com) where we live with our five pets (www.pets.com), nickg (www.myspace.com/catholicboys), and her boyfriend, who happens to play in my band (www.myspace.com/thegoodnightloving) and our drummers band (www.myspace.com/jailjailjailjail). I follow zany conspiracy theories (www.911blogger.com) because I can't cope with the randomness of the world (www.earth.google.com) and lately have been on a huge lasagna kick (www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Molinaro).

I've been reading the board (www.goner-records.com/board) off and on for years just to pass time, and only this year have gotten all talky on it. I'm going to go visit my parents in Michigan right now.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 6:49 pm

my name's jason.
i'm a high school teacher in memphis (resident as of june06).
i'm from jonesbro ar and spent my high school weekends in mempho.
went to college at u of arkansas and had to get out of lilywhite yuppiefied hippied out fayetteville after teaching there for 3 yrs.
loud rock and roll, soul, and jazz are usually on the turntable.
hence finding goner records/goner board.
i married with a 3yr old daughter which makes it hard to see all the good shows in town.

this girl i knew in fayetteville is doing a similiar study but she's documenting the old gospel and folk music community in the hills of kentucky.
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 7:37 pm

oh and i havent played live since sometime in the early 90s. it was a shitty but funny 2 man band called folkmoot. it wasa houseparty and it was the only time we played live.

i'm about to go buy this lp in about 10 minutes muswell. ive been listening on myspace and ive been meaning to go buy it at goner.

www.myspace.com/thegoodnightloving)
Posted: Oct 6, 2006 10:34 pm

but i'm still interested in documenting this (goner board) phenomenom in some way

joey - you ought to read my friend stacy horn's book about her online community/bulletin board called echo. you can search for her on amazon - i can't for the life of me remember the title of the book
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 12:18 am

my name is trey. born and raised in the suburbs of atlanta. went to a private christian school from 1-12 grade except for half off 10th grade (i had to finish out the year at public school b/c i got kicked out for lighting the bulliten board on fire). then i moved to savannah and attended SCAD studying computer design (animation) but i got suspended / arrested for vandalism so i dropped out and moved back to atlanta. (this is about the time i met the DSH crew, although ben (black lips first guitarist) went to my middle school) after about a year away from school i decided to go back to study architecture and went to georgia tech. i met some other architecture punk/indie kids and started an architecture themed band called 'the liverhearts'. we put out a 7" and a CDep before i spent my senior year in paris doing the study abroad thing. i worked for a french architecture firm called Jakob MacFarlane while i was there. i also did some modeling for Christian Dior, which was lame but i was broke and needed the money. when i came back i graduated and started working for a local firm called Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects. its a kick ass job and i truly enjoy it. in my spare time i work on rob's house records and play music, although i dropped out of the band (who are about to release their first album, which i played on) to spend more time with the label. i need to go back to grad school but i'm too busy to work on my portfolio and too much in love with atlanta to leave (i'll have to to go to a good grad school). i'll probably end up in boston and i'm scared of the weather.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 12:21 am

oh, and i joined the goner board simply to make announcements about 7"s for sale (i'm being honest) but i stuck around and waste a lot of time at work on the board b/c i've grown to truly enjoy the banter.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 12:22 am

Born in Memphis, moved away in the early 90s. Live in New York now. My wife and I both work in advertising.

I use to buy music from Eric when he worked at Shangra-La. I was pleased to learn that he had his own shop.

I know a handful of people here from way back when. I use to do ads for Puss-N-Boots, Zot, Amnesia and such, way back when. Then I worked for the Memphis Flyer back in 92 or 93? Then I left town.

I stumbled onto this board... I don't remember. I was googling something. Some old Memphis band, and found this forum. Asked Shawn, from Limes, about the site (I don't recall his screen name here). I drop in from time to time. I suspect I know more people here than I know that I know. People and their screen names, who knows who-is-who if they don't speak up. chort told me which name Jeff Gunn hides behind (I outed Jeff on another thread, so I won't here). I know who a few of the other old-school kids here are.

For an old guy who's not in the music business, I still goto see a lot of live music.
hookorcrook
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 1:04 am

my name is Chris Owen, i live in Oakland (moved here from San Francisco where i lived for 6 years, before that i went to college in Indiana and before that grew up in San Diego and around LA). i have a super corporate sales job that makes it possible to do the things i really care about (buying records and whatever else, drinking, going out to see bands every night, travelling, putting out records). i feel somewhat ambivalent about that. i used to sing and play guitar in Killer's Kiss, not doing anything really now. I do Hook or Crook Records. I interned for Crypt Records 10-11 years ago and that's how i met some of you folks initially. Came here soon after the board first went up because the Oblivians were my favorite and at the time it seemed like I was the only person in San Francisco who even knew who they were. i stopped posting as much after the Halloween 03 reunion, but i still read it. I I I I me me me me.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 1:17 am

I'm from WI, frantically scrambling for a crappy job while bemoaning the fact that I'm not in school this semester (got an interview for an asst. manager spot at a local moviehouse tomorrow...), other than that, I play in a rock band called "Tuff Bananas", love taking long walks on rich people's private beaches along Lake Michigan, food, pinball, movie/music geekin', etc.

I come here for music talk, funny webshits, and the Food/Drink section!!!
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 1:20 am | Edited by: Hugh Jass

my name is Chris Owen
AKA "The Andy Warhol of Oakland." Thank Marcos from Rock N' Roll Adventure Kids for that one.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 1:41 am

Hey Trey, cool firm! I was nosing around, checking out who I might wanna work for when I thought I was hungry for a degree in architecture. Dig your label, too! Been giving both those Black Lips and Crucials singles a workout!

I'm in Athens, GA... Grew up in Atlanta, but went to college in Wisconsin where I feel in love with records and freeform college radio. Back to Atlanta where I worked at Wax n Facts when it was the only record shop in Little Five Points. Fell in love with a hardcore record guy (like the symmetry?) and moved to Athens... My husband usta play drums in the Woggles back when they'd do a lot of dates with the Oblivians. After he left the band, we started traveling to the Austin and WFMU record shows twice yearly. We met so many more great people on those trips! I started getting into the message board thing when we cut down on that kind of traveling and I missed the social whirl.

Can't quite remember how I found the Goner board, probably googling the Reigning Sound. Mostly I lurk, but I've been posting a tad more. Mainly I shoot my mouth off on GP.com! They also host my podcast, Hanging On For Mercy.

Sometimes, I write music bits here and there on a freelance basis, wish my hometown had less of a hohum happy music scene, not enough danger in the music, which is what I like about the Goner scene. However, there are some acts here I'd go to the ropes for any day... Don Chambers, for one. Right now, I am recovering from a long time bout with chronic fatigue, but I am reopening my ceramics studio where I make sculpture and try to support my habit by making functional pottery inspired by mid-20th century design. my design credo, less is more but damn I love jolly, bright colors and the contrast between a mechanized form and organic textures. ....and of course, need lotsa cool tunes to fuel my work!
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 3:22 am

I'm from Rhinelander, WI originally but have lived all over the state as I'm a bit of a transient. I currently record and play music live under the name Pink Reason. I'm unemployed. I was formerly involved in criminal enterprise. Apprenticed under several different drug manufacturers and distributors. I'm a drug nerd, but the last year has chilled out my interest in that stuff considerably as I've watched my friends come down with uncurable deadly diseases and wind up in prison. It's been a long time coming. Now I just drink and smoke weed, maybe an adderall once a month or so. I used to live in Russia, and am somewhat obsessed with Eastern Europe generally. I have no good reason to be on here apart from boredom.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 10:59 am

I am a 40 year old Neurophysiology Technologist for the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fl. I mostly lurk on the board because I think ya'll are a bunch of funny motherfuckers. I also use it as my main source of learning about new music. I was born and raised in Michigan and moved to Memphis in 1986. Half of my family is in Memphis and the other half is in Michigan. I married a Memphis girl and we moved away while I was in the service. When I got out of the Navy we moved from Washington D.C. to Jacksonville, Fl for me to work at the Mayo Clinic. I have been divorced for several years and have been thinking of moving back to Memphis at my sisters urging. In fact my Sister lives two blocks from the Goner Store. I have always loved Memphis and Detroit music and songwriting. I was a big fan of the Oblivians which is how I found the board. I go back to Memphis at least twice a year and usually coordinate the trip with some Goner music event. I had a blast a Gonerfest 3 (When I grow up I want to be Ross Johnson). I am probably the least typical Goner because I consider myself a moderate conservative politically. I have often wondered if there are any other conservative Goners.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 12:40 pm

My name is Tom. I'm from a suburb of St. Paul. I currently reside in downtown Mpls. I am attending school for Polysomnographic Technologist. I came to the Goner board because listening to good quality music is important to me and the Goner board is a goldmine of knowledge. Plus it's a pretty funny board. I have a girlfriend and no children. I like to drink and get lifted, but I gotta cut back...
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 5:59 pm

I have often wondered if there are any other conservative Goners.

Where's Goubler?
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 8:06 pm

Le Chev,

I having been doing sleep studies for 13 years. It is a great field to get into right now. I highly recommend getting your registery as most places are requiring it now, besides you will make more money. You will be able to get a job anywhere. What school are you going to and when to graduate?
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 8:12 pm

get lifted

Good to know I'm not the only one on the planet who (still) uses this phrase.

Keith Murray represent!
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 8:37 pm

You will be able to get a job anywhere. What school are you going to and when to graduate?

I'm going to MCTC (Minneapolis Community and Technical College). I'll graduate in the spring of '08 if everything goes well...
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 8:38 pm

Let a man come in and do the popcorn

I am Mickey
32 years old and like some of the others here I am from and currently living in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I work in the automotive industry and hang out in town with friends and go to see bands that Blackjack promotes. Three semesters of community college and I have no skills or training whatsoever. I am a big music freak and love to collect records. I like to read books that deal with history, music, politics, pop culture and social issues, as well as biographies of intriging people. For TV I prefer to watch only old reruns from the stone age and like to collect old film clips like TV shows, commericals, documentaries etc. My favorite foods are Italian, Chinese, Mexican and seafood. Another useless fact about me: I can name all the presidents in order and am currently working on learning all the vice presidents. Want more: I am sugar and spice and everything nice, your daddy wont like me but your momma and your sister sure will. I am an easygoing guy who is loyal and respects people as long as I get it in return. Want more:
Dislikes:
1.) Rap music- worst fucking noise ever, what a bunch of shit 2.) Grunge especially Nirvana, they called that punk for my generation: bullshit 3.) Prog rock-just plain annoying and I dont have the attention span to listen to a concept record that goes nowhere. Most modern radio and music in general sucks execpt for non emo non commerical punk bands and garage and sixties revival bands. Lame ass excuses for oldies radio. Sports and people getting all excited about it, snoozefest for me. Remakes of of movies and TV shows for no good reason. All modern day TV programming especially these sorry assed reality shows.
The mall, budwieser, Wallmart and McDonalds. The last three are corporate evilness at its best.

Thats me baby
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 8:44 pm

Oh yea forgot to mention how I got here. Started buying records from the website and heard about this board so here I am
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 8:56 pm

I..
Waaas...
Booooooooooooooooooooooorn Mean!
By the time
I
was
three
They were calling me...
calling me Satan
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 9:00 pm

I fucking rule and that's all you need to know you nosy bastards.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 9:27 pm

I\'m Tim and I am a high school student in Columbus Ohio. I\'m in a band called Vegetative State, and I enjoy that. I got into the goner borad because alot of people from my favorite bands were posting on it(DC Snipers, Carbonas, Black Lips, etc
). Plus the people who post on this board are funny as hell and know their shit. I like that Goner and similar labels like Crim IQ, Shattered, and InTheRed aren\'t interested in making records that sound like overproduced shit. No bullshit.
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 10:24 pm

This thread just makes me want to listen to Void. (you nosy bastards)
Posted: Oct 7, 2006 11:42 pm

I'm just here for the free beer, don't mind me.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:32 pm

my names sarim. im from jersey.
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:39 pm

One was particularly nice (although I did meet her one time before Gonerfest).

I didn't realize our meeting meant so much to you!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:59 pm

i went back and read what i typed earlier this year. since then, i've graduated and actually enrolled in grad school, still majoring in history. instead of continuing in european studies, i decided to go a more local route and study regional history. i'm currently doing research for a book i intend to write about memphis vice in the early 1900's, but it's going to take me a while. i have also since joined roller derby. i quit my job as a deaf relay operator because i hated it and i also thought i was going to be teaching, but that fell through. i am now a docent/intern at the woodruff-fontaine house.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 5:21 am

Just moved to Memph-town and I don't remenber exactly how I found this board, but I was immediately drawn in by the overall dislike of gays, gayness, and gay-ass shit. So I thought I might fit in. When I'm sober, I'm probably the un-gayest guy I know.
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 5:38 am

a book i intend to write about memphis vice in the early 1900's

That's awesome! I can't wait to read it. Have you ever read Luc Santes' "Lowlife," about vice, gangs and generally seedy Boweryness in 19th century New York?
Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®