Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / 40 oz. Kid Cobra
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:29 pm

Detroit Cobras Drummer Quits Band, Joins Up With Kid Rock

It is often said that being in a band is like a marriage. Well, if that is true, then leaving your current band must be like getting a divorce. If you are the drummer for the Detroit Cobras and you leave to play guitar with Kid Rock’s band, is that like getting married again right after your divorce to an airhead that no one respects?

This is not an analogy (no lie!). The Detroit Cobras, the band that plays cover songs of R&B & soul tunes you have never heard better than you ever could (why is it always about you?) have lost their drummer, Kenny Tudrick, to the band that back's up Mr. Yo-Da-a-Lin in the Valley, for whom he will be playing guitar. That is one versatile guy. The band also seems to have parted ways with guitarist-turned-bassist Steve Nawara, though it could not be confirmed at press time whether or not he had joined the Silver Bullet Band.

This all comes at a bad time, as the Cobras have just started a tour. Do not worry; the group found replacements for their departing members before the tour started. The DCs brought in Ko Shih from the Dirtbombs and her own Ko & the Knockouts on bass and Skeeto Valdez, a vet of many a band from the D, on drums. So rest assured, the quality level has not dipped with the addition of these two, and in the case of Shih, it's a definite improvement over the guy who played on "Molly (Sixteen Candles)."

The Cobras are out promoting Baby, their first album for Bloodshot Records. The tour has already started (sorry Cleveland), but there is still some great music left to be heard. Starting Thursday, the tour adds Memphis greats Reigning Sound. The RS are spreading the good news about a myriad of releases, including the b-sides/rarities/leftovers album Home for Orphans and the self-explanatory Live At Maxwell's, both from last year. Quite the unbeatable double bill.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:34 pm

and speaking of 40 oz......that MF Doom rapper moved onto my street over the weekend.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:47 pm

cobras did good last night! and made a Kid Rock joke.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:48 pm

i guess the Kid Rock money was too good to pass up
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:52 pm

Thats cool...Doom has put out some cool shit in the past. The most recent Danger Doom deal was weak, but i have a couple of other records that are way cool. Does he have fat crib??
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:57 pm

he's 'crib' is pretty modest.

me, madlib and now mf doom all live on the same street.....weird

and madlib has two new tracs on the new Ghostface album
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 7:53 pm

good show last night. I hope they're sending Chris royalties from the hot dog t-shirts...
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:00 pm

damn...Id heard Madlib has some shit on the new Ghostface record. You live in NYC??
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:12 pm

i live in florida
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:14 pm

naw.....kidding......west coast fool
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 9:41 pm

probably quit the band to meet oprah. figures.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®