Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / current TV shows
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 11:49 pm

that 70s show--i like this one and have a huge crush on eric. that dude is awesome. geek central.

what else is good out there?
Posted: Feb 5, 2006 11:54 pm

i got addicted to 24 this year
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 12:20 am

LOST!!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 12:23 am

I got into the first season or two of Alias. Spies, ass kickin, and romance!
But Nip Tuck is the best! Especially the first season...the second season, which Im watchinf on DVD now, isnt so hot, but the one episode of the third season I was able to see was super trashy and awesome. You should totally check it out...it makes my crappy roommate embarrassed.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 12:40 am | Edited by: jenna

dudes, check out this photo of my sister in like 8th grade. oh my god. ha ha ha! um, nice hair, and uh, awesome kitty poster!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 12:49 am

I try not to miss "My Name Is Earl" each week.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 4:11 am

LOST!!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 4:36 am

arrested development...too bad its going away
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 4:42 am

medium. every monday.
even it the episode sucks, at least patricia arquette is in it.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 1:26 pm

jenna eric isn't on that 70's show anymore. he left to do bad movies. and it isn't as good this season as it was but yeah that 70's show rules.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 2:32 pm

you just discredited yourself with the ability to know gay from not gay. i'm sorry your term is over.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 2:33 pm

I think Dale Cooper is on a show Friday nights called INJUSTICE. HOW"S ANNIE<HOW"S ANNIE<HOW"S ANNIE!!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 2:33 pm

LOST!!!

!!!! I really did not expect to like this show, and it's awesome.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 3:04 pm

I'm like, totally addicted to the A-TEAM. It comes on at 4am on weekdays & I'm totally there!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 3:20 pm

Man, I hated LOST. After 3 episodes, I couldn't stand it anymore.
Sun-tanned models talking crap the whole time.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 3:20 pm

Uh,.....HELLO!!!
Excuse me?!! You have a real live tv/movie celebrity RIGHT HERE LISTENING TO YOU! Lost is O-K I guess but can never hold a custom made Barney's candle to SITC! Don't miss tomorrow on TBS when I visit Berger's apartment for the first time! How exciting! 9pm EST.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 5:35 pm

you forgot "buy my perfume."

my name is earl, veronica mars, and whatever crime scene show vincent d'nofrio or whatever his name is is on. he's creepier than the perps.

and saturday morning wrasslin, of course. brill.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 5:40 pm

Isaac.
Project Runway.
Puffy Ami Yumi.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 5:51 pm | Edited by: sixelsix

my name is earl, veronica mars, and whatever crime scene show vincent d'nofrio or whatever his name is is on. he's creepier than the perps.

L&O Criminal Intent? Cannot deal with that show. SVU is better.

Recent convert to Earl. Also like House.
And it's fun to turn on CSI Miami just to laugh at Caruso's hideous "acting."
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:07 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

Will stick to things that are in season right now or currently in recent repeat:

Project Runway.
Footballers Wives (3rd season Feb 19).
The Shield.
Invasion (getting really corny--had potential).
Blow Out.
Flip This House.
Survivor.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:13 pm

tv is for me is my face on your credit card.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 6:30 pm

Family Guy
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 7:22 pm

passive entertainment to turn off the brain.

Precisely, my good man!

Actually, I disagree. I interact wildly while watching Project Runway and Footballers Wives. Many post-viewage analysis sessions are had with friends.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 7:28 pm

I love 24 even though I get so tense watching it, I feel the need to run around afterwards.

Project Runway is pretty great too, but I find this season isn't as good as the first. Santino's awesome, though.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 7:37 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

LOST!!! - Yes!! LIVE for it!
Project Runway - Got sucked in.

....and the The Flavor of Love -- Woot! Woot!

Flav is seriously hard on the eyes -- so it rules that these girls have already professed their love to him when you KNOW NONE of them could POSSIBLY be attracted to him.

HYSTERICAL!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 7:38 pm

I can't stand Santino!!! I'm as much into this season as I was the last.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 7:41 pm

I hated Santino at first. Now, I don't know what I will do when he inevitably get's "Auf Wiedersen"-ed!!!!
I love him.
He didn't turn out to be as evil as Wendy Pepper, but I am still very into this season. I really did not like Zulema and Andrae.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 7:47 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

I know a lot of people think it "jumped the shark", but I still looooove "The Simpsons." Even though the episodes aren't as consistently awesome as they used to be, there's still several excellent episodes every season, despite what many people think. That show is without question my favorite show of any type EVER. I have it Tivo'd every day, so I get to watch the new ones on Sunday and the syndicated (2 per day in this market) reruns. Ergo, I generally watch 2 episodes of that show everyday, regardless of the fact that I've seen many of the episodes more than 20 times.

I love "The Shield," too. I thought it might be hard to fill the void without Glenn Close this season, but Forrest Whittaker is just awesome on that show.

"Law & Order SVU" is so heavy-handed and predictable, but it's somehow comforting and I love it. I've watched an entire 8-hour SVU marathon on USA before.

"Free Style" is a show where they redecorate someone's appartment for ZERO dollars. (I can't remember what cable network it's on.) It's pretty cool what they can do just by rearranging stuff. My wife used ideas from there on our tiny apt. and it really worked. If you live in an apt. and you're poor or cheap, I highly recommend this show.

I love "Made" on MTV. It's just funny to see them try to make losers into cool guys.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:00 pm

The host of Free Style gets on my nerves. He seems like a date rapist. Everytime he is alone with those girls in their apts...well, it is a little creepy.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:09 pm

I'll eat my hat if Santino makes it to the last 3. I hated Andre at first "I was Be-Draggled!" but grew to love him... Daniel V. is my guy.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:13 pm

The Shield is great! But I don't get any channels, so I have to wait until everything comes out on DVD. YAY NETFLIX!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:13 pm

eric

He is not on the show anymore, is he?

I love the show Medium, and My Name is Earl, which are both NBC shows. So why do I have digital with 300 channels again? Oh yeah, HBO... I also love that show Arrested Development which is probably slated for cancellation because they switched the night it's on (because of 24) and I never remember to watch it. Also Desperate Housewives is still something we love to watch.

"Law & Order SVU" is so heavy-handed and predictable, but it's somehow comforting and I love it. I've watched an entire 8-hour SVU marathon on USA before.

I am just starting to come out of my addiction to this show and just plain old Law & Order. I do like the Benson & Stabler chemistry on SVU, and Ice T...

Family Guy This show is hilarious, but I never know when it's on so I only see it by accident.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:18 pm

Lost, 24, L+O Criminal Intent, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!!!!! fer network stuff. I also really enjoy some Veronica Mars, but that channel never comes in right over at my house, so I never watch it. I still love the Simpsons, too, Hugh, but rarely seem to catch it...

I fucking HATE Family Guy and American Douche, er, Dad.

Don't have cable or TiVO, but I download The Shield (which is awesomely pulpy) and The Wire and Deadwood (the two best dramas ever on TV anywhere or any time!)

Apparently David Mamet is producing a TV show to air on CBS this March... YES!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:23 pm

Daniel V is clearly the most talented designer this season. Chloe is great too, but Daniel is more original.

Andrae definitely got easier to take, but he was an odd bird.

The Shield rules. So far so great this season. Not that I was worried when I saw Forrest Whitaker was added.

The host of Free Style gets on my nerves. He seems like a date rapist. Everytime he is alone with those girls in their apts...well, it is a little creepy.

I'm not crazy about that host, either. I just like what they do to the apts. The thing that's weird on there is that one of the apts, is always a loft in Minneapolis. Who the hell could afford to pay the heating bill for a loft in Minneapolis?

That lazy eye just WORKS! UH!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:29 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

I didn't list any of my "stories" from HBO 'cuz they aren't showing any new episodes of ANYTHING right now. I like every series on there, except for "Entourage." That was VERY poor planning, if you ask me, to leave us hanging for months without any series. It used to be that as soon as one series was over, another would start up.

I love "The Wire." I read an interview with the creator of that show. They're in production for the new season now. This season is going to focus on schools. It's gonna try and show that life for those kids from "the corner" is as hard at school as it is on the street.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:45 pm

Apparently David Mamet is producing a TV show to air on CBS this March... YES!

Mamet's gonna have tone done "the swears" A LOT do a show on network TV. In many of his plays and movies, every other word is the f-bomb. "What's my name? FUCK YOU, that's my name."
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:46 pm

I LOVED Santino at first.
Now I want to see him go DOWN!! And he will.

Andre....never liked 'em....no spine.
I think Chloe is a great safe designer, but not the right 'package' for her future.

Now, Daniel is THEE package. An attractive young-hip gay dood that designs well that 'they' can use as an attractive TV personality - fashion critique-type shit/crap shows/red carpet stuff.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:48 pm

Will stick to things that are in season right now or currently in recent repeat:

Project Runway.
Footballers Wives (3rd season Feb 19).
The Shield.
Invasion (getting really corny--had potential).
Blow Out.
Flip This House.
Survivor.

Fiery, I see you resisted the temptation to check out Mile High on BBCAmerica. "Joyously Trashy" On a recent episode one of the passengers dies, and a few of the crew go to this geeezer's remote Spanish farmhouse and smoke huge quantities of his weed that was growing in the back yard.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 8:55 pm

RE: David Mamet

Yeah, he will have to tone it down, but I'm just excited to see how his trademark dialogue will go over with the American viewing public at large.

My bet is it doesn't last a season, which'll be too bad.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 9:18 pm

I LOVED Santino at first.
Now I want to see him go DOWN!! And he will.

Really? He was more of a jackass at first than he is now! You didn't laugh your ass off at his "Tim and Andrae at Red Lobster" story?

Daniel V. Superstar in the making. Though Chloe and even Kara Janx's clothes would look better on me.

And finally, I am waiting on Mile High on DVD. I don't like to start out of sequence. The second season of Footballers Wives was a-ma-ZING!!!!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 9:25 pm

Everybody Hates Chris
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 9:30 pm

everybody hates clubber lang.
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 9:36 pm

"Tim and Andrae at Red Lobster" story? hilarieux
Posted: Feb 6, 2006 9:41 pm

That was the heartiest laughter provoked by something on TV in ages.
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 10:49 am

How exciting!
do you wear those chinese orgasm ball vaginal inserts when you where working on that sitcom?
Posted: Feb 7, 2006 1:59 pm

oh yeah, curb your enthusiasm.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®