Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Baby's Got Back (Fat)
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:16 pm

I just got a back view of myself when I went shopping and I'm grossed out. I quit going to the gym about a year ago, and although I've only gained about 5 lbs., I am one big flabby mess.

No point to this post besides that.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:20 pm

Lay off those donuts, sugar britches!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:22 pm

I don't eat donuts! Seriously, I'm a size 6, just. . . a flabby size 6.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:24 pm

you're a size 6 & you think ya got somethin' to worry about? i don't understand.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:25 pm

sixteene, she's disgusting! I dare you to look, but you'll be sorry.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:26 pm

I thought that way too when I was bigger (size 14 or so), but believe me, you can be a size 6 AND be out of shape -- spare tire and all!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:27 pm

i know, you're absolutely right. i shall avert mine eyes!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:28 pm | Edited by: sixteene

i understand that someone of any size can have a little jiggle with their wiggle but i just don't see what the problem is with that. it's hotttt!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:30 pm

Then I must be the sexiest motherfucker alive!

A little jiggle is fine -- in the right places! I don't have a problem with having a little junk in the trunk, no sir, not at all (plus I have absolutely no choice in the matter).

oui oui!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:32 pm

i got plenty of jiggle (and not all of it's in the right places) but I just embrace it because fuck it, it's not like i'm gonna go the gym. *gasp*
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:33 pm

I'll "work out" with you! AWWWOOO!!!!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Maybe I just need to dance more.

I knew a woman who used to be really skinny and she was cute. Then she put on a lot of weight and became incredibly HOTTTTTT. It's all in your head; I just gotta get my head wrapped around it.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:40 pm

i bet you look great & I bet it is all in your head. i just really hate to see girls (especially gals that are small to begin with such as yourself) get upset about a little extry weight.

ok, i'll shut up now!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:41 pm

FINALLY!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:43 pm

yeah, you should talk blabberbrains!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:43 pm

You don't have to shut up now. I used to be a lot bigger so that's why I get uptight. I wish I had the boobs I had when I was bigger, though -- I lost those!

I probably do look great; I don't need to lose weight. I just need to TONE. I should really start playing drums again.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:45 pm

come down & dance with us at Wowsville...a good 5 hours of dancin' will do ya just fine. I'm always in so much pain the day after but it's sooo much fun!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 7:47 pm

I'm always in so much pain the day after

That ain't from the dancing.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 8:09 pm

Something tells me I should leave you two alone now . . .
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 8:09 pm

Thin may be in, but fat is where it's at.

If you get heavy, just pretend you're from a 3rd World country. Over there, fat people are revered as Gods!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 8:12 pm

andrea: he's talkin' about the boozin' ya prevert!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 8:25 pm

being fat sucks. im literally carrying around a hundred pounds of junk, all the time. my knees hurt...

Move to Burkina Faso or something. Your knees won't hurt anymore 'cuz you want have to walk anywhere. The locals will carry you around like you're their cuddly king.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 8:27 pm

cuddly king...that doesn't sound so bad brad!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 10:09 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

you can be a size 6 AND be out of shape -- spare tire and all!

Welcome to my world. I went to yoga today for the first time in like 2 years--there was a wall of mirrors and I was STUNNED to see myself in that condition. Stunned, I tell you.
Posted: Jan 21, 2006 2:28 am

Any girls here who have big asses can put them on my face. We'll work out together.

-Your Personal Garage Rock Trainer.
Posted: Jan 21, 2006 2:47 am

a flabby size 6.
you come on into Bob's House of Chains and I'll set aside a space on the wall to confine you in. Water-Bacon-Carrots and in a week of totin' those chains around will have you nice a svelt. Internet only special price..$500 a week.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 12:19 am

So. . . I did pilates tonight for the first time in about two months and it kicked my ass more than it ever did! Eww!

I also had my lifetime Weight Watchers membership temporarily revoke until I get back to within 2 lbs. of my "goal weight". I'm so glad I chose a goal weight that's higher than I want to be.

My knees hurt too, but I have always had off-and-on problems with that.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 12:28 am

being fat sucks. im literally carrying around a hundred pounds of junk, all the time. my knees hurt...

What's Brad gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside his trunk?!
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 1:11 am | Edited by: april n

i'm on a getting toned kick.......i'm a size 6 too, but all of my clothes are feeling a little snug lately.....i've been doing an hour of cardio around 5 days a week and 20 minutes of pilates every night. i'm on my 4th week and it seems to be doing some good!
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 1:31 am

attn size 6's:

y'all can kiss my size 12 ass!

just kidding.

I go through phases of doing yoga/pilates and once I start seeing some flab morph into something a little firmer, I get lazy and stop doing it! I blame my new guitar for this last downslide. But I'm back! and just started doing pilates.

The thing I hate about exercising is I'm too lazy to do it on my own, and too cheap to pay for a gym membership. So I rely on lame ass videos. Although my "on demand" cable has some good stuff lately.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 1:41 am

haha.....my mom was just showing me the workout videos on the on demand. i'm just as bad.....i'll be really good about working out and then totally slack off until my clothes get tight again.......i work for a university so i get to use their crappy gym for free.....it's a nice perk!
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 1:45 am

April--one hour of cardio 5 days a week will make you lose about 15 lbs in no time. Seriously. I can do no more than 2 a week I hate it so bad. I do weights and yoga too though, as well as the infamous "Pilates Ball" exercizes.

The thing about the On Demand stuff is they are all excerpts! 10 minutes of pilates! Yeah!
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 1:56 am

Yeah, I LOVE the shortness factor. It's easy to do 1 here and there, or do a couple of excerpts after work. There's a 36 minute yoga-pilates-yoga show i've been really into.

So my mom is a nut when it comes to working out and eating right. She's a big Denise Austin fan - anyone know this lady? SHE'S CRAZY! Kind of a nazi of the work-out world. I have to mute it these days, the work out is good, but I just start laughing when she looks into the camera and is all "oooooh, yeah ladies, you are going to feel SO GOOD, you are going to look SO GOOD, i LOVE this stretch, ooohhhh, it just makes you feel SOOO GOOD." I'm giggling just thinking of it.

Gym for free! University jobs rule! Me, I work at a brewery which includes a free beer belly.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 2:01 am | Edited by: april n

i had lost 6 pounds when i weighed on saturday......so i guess that's about 2 a week. i wanna loose 10 more so i guess i'm on the right track! i've actually really been enjoying going to the gym.....i sort of look forward to it which kinda freaks me out. it's been making me feel really good though and i can tell i'm getting a firmer ass!
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 2:01 am

the no money for groceries diet is the best I have ever been on - works every time.

Oh yeah, if you can manage to schedule a break up in with the broke-assedness, that really speeds things up.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 2:02 am

the no money for groceries diet is the best I have ever been on - works every time.

that's joe's diet!
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 2:08 am

Exercising really does make you feel great, so it is no surprise you look forward to it. I am fine once I get to the gym, I just have a hard time dragging my ass up there!!!!
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 2:19 am

Exercising really does make you feel great,

I hear all this talk about the endorphin rush that folks get from working out and the "runner's high." I've never once experienced it. At one point, I was running 6 miles a day, 5 days a week and I never once had any kind of high. I was happy with the results it gave me (I went from 212lbs to 168 in 4 months), but there was definitely no euporia happening. Now I get to the gym 3 times a week doing elliptical or treadmill and that's no fun either. I have no endorphins. What a rip off.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 3:08 am

I always get this great combination of hyperactivity and exhaustion. If that makes any sense. You know you are done with working out, but you feel all pumped up to get out and DO SOMETHING.
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 6:22 am

once had any kind of high
you got to learn to meditate after running
don't think "am I getting high"
just watch your thoughts and breath

sign of the weekend
"give $$ - help me live my Olympic Dream"
Posted: Feb 22, 2006 6:30 am

It's simple, folks. You can get that high all the time if you eat like shit, sit around the majority of your time and then ever so randomly interject excercise. You'll always feel like you're breaking a plateau. For christ's sake, it's NOT consistency you're looking for.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®