Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm

um, not mine, not yours, but the late 60s/early 70s female rock band. anyone ever heard of them?
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:22 pm

Yeah. Pretty mediocre girl glam stuff, but they had some hits. You can usually dig some of their albums out of the bargain bin.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:27 pm

so not interesting enough for a book?
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:29 pm

Nope ...
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:30 pm

I'll go with Shandy on this one. I've only heard two records (one was playing in the background), so maybe I'm not the authority here.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:37 pm

get whoever pitched it to expand his view to girl rockers from that time period -- suzi quatro (her sister patti was in fanny), the female persuasion (or whatever that kickass nashville band was called), etc.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:48 pm

hmmm... that begs that the guy can do such a thing. but thanks!
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 5:59 pm

Feminine Complex from Nashville are better than Fanny but still not that great. Their LP useta be pretty common in Memphis but it seems to bring big bucks on ebay. When I had the store I bought a collection that had every single Fanny LP(3 or 4) and they were not my thing. There was a name change in there somewhere too. Tight Fanny or Big Fanny or something. You know who loved'em though? Ron who did the "peice of the door" book. One album cover featured all the girls naked from behind. The only one I ever sold.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 6:13 pm

feminine complex! thanks, Ed!
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 6:19 pm

greg, do you remember about 5 years ago when I saw you at continental and drunkenly proclaimed I was your emmy lou harris? can you believe that shit??? i was thinking about that last night and gasped in horror. as if!
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:26 pm

In Britain, "fanny" is slang for "vagina," though you wouldn't call someone a "fanny" in a derogatory way. You'd use "twat" in that case.
Living abroad opens one's mind.
Posted: Jan 19, 2006 7:34 pm

jenna.... check your hotmail
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 11:46 am

Now hold on everybody. Perhaps this "Fanny" that you speak of has some extraordinary story that a person wouldn't realize from listening to their mediocre music. Jenna, you need to delve further into the Fanny mythos.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 12:06 pm

... And check out Suzi Q's first band, The Pleasure Seekers, of "What A Way To Die" fame ... There was also a great Bay Area garage/rock band in the late'60s called She, and Big Beat/Ace put out a decent CD comp of their stuff ...
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 1:02 pm

What A Way To Die"

Starts off with the historic words :

"Well I love you baby
Iím telling you right here
But please donít make me decide baby
Between you and a bottle of beer."

"interesting enough for a book", I guess
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 1:08 pm

Or a handsomely-bound set of encyclopedias!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 1:14 pm

... with lots of pictures of course

(aw my god, Suzy's bikini!!)
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 1:25 pm

pastlame likes fanny. male fanny that is.
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 1:31 pm

find some tastefull male fanny here :

http://amillionmilesfromnowhere.blogspot.com/
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 3:10 pm

Yeah I know the nude pic of King Kahn is hilarious!!!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 3:10 pm

It's all I have, stop asking for more...
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 3:14 pm

Mark looks like Lon Chaney!
Posted: Jan 20, 2006 4:18 pm

Mark Sultan = Lon Chaney

didn't you know?
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 8:49 pm

geez! i ain`t the best looking dude, but that picture is ridiculous! iīm like the fuckin toxic avenger or some shit!!
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 8:53 pm

That Feminine Complex record got the re-issue treament no too long ago. It appears to be an EXACT repro of the original LP, and can be had for, like, $9. It's kinda fun, but not worth "collector prices".
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 11:08 pm

Mark Sultan = Lon Chaney

no no no no --- Troy Gregory IS Lon Chaney
Posted: Feb 2, 2006 11:30 pm

You can usually dig some of their albums out of the bargain bin.

I bought it for the hairstyles. They knock my argyles off.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®