Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / $30 for a Muldoons 7"! -Your Friends at Cass Records
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 5:59 pm

this is a fucking joke. Come on now Ben, what would Dave Buick do?

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!
"To ring it in, we've got a batch of ten Muldoons x-mas singles reserved for the website. Limit one per customer...try to buy more and you'll be banished from Cass purchasing for life. And if you already got one (I know who you are) let someone else share in the Yuletide cheer. You won't find this for sale anywhere else. The reason it's $30? To combat assholes from reselling it. Oh, and it may be the best Detroit Christmas song since "Sock It To Me Santa."
-Ben Blackwell

http://www.cassrecords.com/test/home.html
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 7:08 pm

The reason it's $30? To combat assholes from reselling it.

what?
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 7:54 pm

yes, now skip the middleman, ebay cost straight from label!
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 8:00 pm

That guy sucks.
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 8:10 pm | Edited by: The Driver

10.24.05 THE MULDOONS have arrived!...this band is going to make us rich.

Only if enough chumps fall for this scam.
Posted: Jan 15, 2006 8:12 pm

I hate this guy.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 5:06 am

dave buick would sell his copies on ebay, his seller ID is fallhead. check it out.
looks like they sold them copies quick...can't buy them on the site anymore.
and bazooka? i'm sure ben hates you too.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 5:17 am | Edited by: Bob Seger

dave buick would sell his copies on ebay

at least Dave wouldn't act like he is doing you a favor by selling the records for too much money. Like we (the customer) care about "combating ebay re-sales" I hate it when artist talk that shit. If you want to combat that, stop selling vinyl and cds you fucking idiots. make people buy downloads off your webpage (so they can later share them on soul seek or whatever) Ben is in a dream world if he thinks that the internet is going to change for his hipster ass. Besides all he has to do is wait a couple of years for everyone to forget about his uncle's band, then nobody will buy any of his records anymore. wait it out Ben.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 5:32 am

ben never said he was doing anyone a favor...no one is forcing anyone to pay $30 for a record. free will pal, dislike it as you may, but if he can sell his records for $30 a pop, maybe we should all get in the record biz. remember, this release was intended as the muldoons family christmas card. IT WAS A FUCKING GIVEAWAY! and now a bunch of message board plankton like us are making it our politics what was intended by an 8-year-old singing a christmas song. facists.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 5:47 am

im black!
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 6:29 am | Edited by: Bob Seger

no one is forcing anyone to pay $30 for a record. free will pal

First off, your not my pal, you are probably some Detroit hipster with tight pants and really cool shoes.
Sure, if it was a giveaway, maybe it should have stayed that way.
NO ONE WOULD EVER BUY THAT SHIT IF IT WASN'T FOR BE ASSOCIATED WITH JACK WHITE & YOU WOULD BE KIDDING YOURSELF TO THINK ANY DIFFERENT! WHITE STRIPES FANS ARE BUYING THIS RECORD, NOT BLACKWELL/MULDOONS FANS!
Now he's complaining about people re-selling it on ebay for more money, BOO HOO, stop worrying about money Ben, and thank god you are related to the white stripes, otherwise he would not be in the position he is.
that's not me being "facist" asshole, that's capitalism.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 6:33 am

ddd
you had to create a new screen name just to stick up for Cass, sad day for you.
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 6:38 am

who the fuck are the muldoons anyway? what kinda faggottt ass crusty ass negro ass naame is that anyway?
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 6:40 am

the people have had enough, fagwell. im so constipated right now oh jesus!!!!!!! ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh little black baby forcing his way out of my shithol. trying to grab at my wangledoodle also
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 6:43 am

Posted: Jan 16, 2006 6:43 am

martin luther king jr wouldnt seel records for such an outrageosity! and hes dead!
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 4:00 pm

what the fuck are you gays talking about???
Posted: Jan 16, 2006 5:12 pm

lifestyle shitbirds?

"You're too late. The bank's been robbed. The crooks got away"
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 6:12 am

ok, this must be a joke, Ben was kind enough to drop one on those xmas singles in the box he sent me when I ordered $50 worth of sttuff off his web site. Many thnx Ben
Posted: Jan 18, 2006 6:19 am

on the WS, saw a boot in a record store this weekend with all the Italy singles plus that hard to find Sub Pop single. The cover was "sub pop" and the price was $17 for the 12" lp. I asked the clerk if it was aboot, he says yeah. I sometimes see it on ebay selling towards $100.

I pass and get the new Fevers 7" on Get Hip and the new 10" of the Real Kids in '74 covering the Modern Lovers and the VU..man that is a bad live recording..I got to start calling shit on Norton for that thin warped wax and these odd tape finds..
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®