Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Gus's Fried Chicken
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 12:54 am

lookin back on these photos makes me hungry for some damn fine chicken!!!

http://myspace.com/tuffluvs
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 4:26 am

if they only sold newports too, then you could get the value meal.
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 12:32 pm

I'm wearing a Gus's trucker cap as I type, awesome bird!

Tho' most people clock the 'world famous' legend of me hat and go, "Never heard of it" ... heathens ...
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 3:59 pm

yeah gus's rules, plus they sell beer in 40s!!!

Is that where we had some deep fried cotton pickin' honkees?
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 5:47 pm

sounds good right about now w/ some sweet potato pie
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 6:05 pm

is this the place in memphis at the gas station? I think we went to it across from "the King's" house...Same place?
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 6:06 pm

Gus's is THE best fried chicken I have ever had. When me and my boys rolled in there we set down and the couple workin there were playing video poker, smokin butts, and didnt bother to check us out for about 15 minutes. the lady finally shuffled over in her slippers and told us we had to get the chicken to go cuz they were closin. they werent actually closing for about an hour but dem's move slower in dem's parts.

we ate the chicken on the hood of our car and finshed it before they even closed the joint.

Great memories and better chicken. I heard the place got fucked up or burned or something. Is that true or just some Jew York Yankee spinnin yarns with his head up 'is ass?
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 6:10 pm | Edited by: I am the Arm

is this the place in memphis at the gas station?

gus's?
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 6:11 pm

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Posted: Dec 30, 2005 6:16 pm

thanks....What's the place I'm talkin about?
Posted: Jan 1, 2006 10:55 pm

The original Gus's was in Mason, TN, right? I heard that it was the one the burned, but has been replaced with another at that location. Didn't somebody open one up in downtown Memphis? eric o?
Posted: Jan 1, 2006 11:08 pm

Yeah, it's down on South Main.
Posted: Jan 1, 2006 11:53 pm

And another in the burbs, near the Galleria. The chicken and service were both even better there than on Main St.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®