Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Twin Peaks
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 12:34 am

Best show ever. I watched FWWM again tonight and now I need to watch the pilot and the entire series again. Is anyone else a fan? I need to discuss all the secrets and tricks and mysteries. It is tearing me up inside. FUCK.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 12:37 am

Posted: Dec 21, 2005 12:38 am

love her
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 12:39 am

yeah, sherilyn fenn. she was unbelieveable.

i was a serious twin peaks fan. went through the whole thing again a few years back. it was great again.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 12:39 am

Damn, who wouldn't? I'm a fan, but it's been a long time.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 12:53 am

i love it......i even read the secret diary of laura palmer
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 12:55 am

Sherilyn Fenn was great (and hot) in "Twin Peaks." Too bad she's been "persona non grata" ever since she did "Boxing Helena" after Kim Basinger pulled out of the picture.

Since then, she's only appeared in Grade D movies, guest shots on long-running TV series, and that godawful "comedy" series she did on Showtime a few years ago. I'm guessing Fenn is either A. a very "difficult" primadonna that most studios have blackballed or B. She has/had a serious drug problem. It's too bad. I thought she was gonna be HUGE!
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 12:59 am

gah. she's hot. and has the best eyebrows ever known to mankind. haha.

I need to watch the pilot

my roommate just recently had rented that and i sat up and watched it and remembered why i loved that show so damn much. unbelievable looking at television programming now and seeing that david fucking lynch had a tv show back then. too bad he can't have one now. i'd be glued to the boob tube like it was my job.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 1:02 am

I saw Miss Fenn on an episode of either CSI or Law & Order (or one of the spin-offs - there are what, six shows between the two franchises now?) last week. She's still a hot lady and all, she's nowhere near as charming without the dreaminess, perfect heavy eyebrows and cute wardrobe.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 1:12 am

I saw Miss Fenn on an episode of either CSI or Law & Order (or one of the spin-offs - there are what, six shows between the two franchises now?) last week.

Fenn was on an episode of Law & Order SVU a couple of years ago.

Fun fact about Sherilyn Fenn...her aunt is Suzi Quatro, the sorta glam-rock girl-rocker who played Leather Tuscadero on "Happy Days."
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 1:14 am

I saw Sherilyn Fenn on stage in NYC in Oscar Wilde's "Salome" opposite Al Pacino (as a campy gay King Herod). she danced the dance and got all naked....
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 1:26 am

Don't forget about Madchen Amick (the waitress in the diner) and Lara Flynn Boyle, before her stint at Auschwitz.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 1:27 am

Alright, yes, I have completeed nerded out on Twin Peaks and I am not afraid to admit it. Here are some questions I have that I have spread around the interweb tonight.

A: What does the monkey saying "Judy" at the end of FWWM signify?

B: Which side of the Lodge spectrum do the Tremonds/Chalfonts represent (AKA the old woman and her grand-son)?

C: If Mike is trying to stop Bob, is he trying to do it for good reasons like he says, or is he in conjunction with TLMFAP to stop Bob from obtaining garmonbozia so that the two of them can have it?

D: Who are the Woodsmen in the Black Lodge?

E: If Ronette is saved by an angel during Laura's murder, does this mean that the White Lodge represents Heaven?

F: How long have Gordon Cole's Blue Rose cases been investigated (?) because the FBI knows about the lodges, obviously (Project Bluebook, Windham Earle). But are they using Major Briggs to investigate only aliens, when it seems that there is more to it than that (good vs. evil)?

G: Is Laura destined to end up with Cooper after FWWM? Because they say since the series ended they couldn't get Coop out of the Lodge, but he was never intended to become BOB'S vehicle and would have eventually righted that situation out. I figure they did what they could in the prequel with what they had.

H: Does David Bowie's character still hold any alliegance to the real world outside of the Lodges? He seems to think Coop is in fact Bob a year before Coop comes, but I figure this is because the Lodge has no physics of time.

I: Will Sherilyn Fenn have dirty sex with me at Twin Peaks Fest 2006?

I have seen everything, own the diary, read the Coop book, and now I don't know what to do. I need ALL THE ANSWERS.

Sherilyn Fenn is the most beautiful woman of all time. And she is naked in at least four movies. INTO IT. FEELIN IT.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 1:29 am

Also, Special Agent Dale Cooper is the coolest, most handsome man in the world. I wish I was him and then I would be 100% more amazing.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 1:53 am

yer all yuppies
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 2:02 am

i want eraserhead dvd for xmas.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 2:08 am

is the pilot available anywhere? I think I read that the series DVD set is missing the pilot due to legal complications. I wasn't keen on FWWM, but the series is amazing.

I saw Eraserhead for the first time last week and it blew my mind. They have it on netflix if anyone has been hunting for a copy to watch.

just looked up Sherilyn Fenn on IMBD and she's gonna be on Gilmore Girls in a few weeks, which I know will make a few goners happy...
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 2:09 am

Don't forget about Madchen Amick (the waitress in the diner) and Lara Flynn Boyle, before her stint at Auschwitz.

Madchen Amick was fi-ine, but her post-TP career has been even crappier than Fenn's. Maybe they didn't know how to market someone name Madchen.

It's incomprehensible that Lara Flynn Boyle went on to have the biggest post-Twin Peaks career out of the 3 "main girls" on that show. She had the least personality and was the least hot. She was definitely the Kate Jackson to Fenn and Amick's Jaclyn and Farrah. And now, Boyle is just painful to look at with all the bones sticking out this way and that. She was on Conan a week ago and she literally made me sick to my stomach.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 2:13 am

The pilot is on DVD, but it's hard to get and expensive. Check eBay.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 2:44 am

Twin Peaks + Kolchak = X-Files
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 4:05 am

for you region free dvd-capable folks, you can season1 + season 2 + the pilot in a spanish dvd box set. the quality is not great though (the american season 1 dvd's are so nice looking!) there are other non-U.S. versions of those dvd's with the trailer too...

there's also a tv pilot version of mulholland dr. floating around on bootlegs with some different scenes. kinda cool.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 2:51 pm

A: What does the monkey saying "Judy" at the end of FWWM signify?

I read somewhere that FWWM was supposed to be the first of a series of Twin Peaks films. I think that Bowie was signed on to do like three of them. When he shows up he says something like, "We're not going to talk about Judy, we're not going to talk about Judy at all - you leave her out of this." I think that the monkey saying Judy was a lead-in to the next movie, but FWWM bombed so bad it was never made. We'll never know who Judy is, but it's fun to guess. FWWM is the best movie ever, by the way.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 3:25 pm

Thanks for that info, that is pretty awesome!
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 4:13 pm

i want eraserhead dvd for xmas.

Ya gotta order it directly from davidlynch.com and it's $40 and takes awhile to arrive...real pain in the butthole.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 4:21 pm

It's been like ten years since I've watched everything, but the monkey at the end is definitely supposed to be Bowie. I think my theory was that his reappearance at the FBI office was him getting away from the spirits temporarilly, but they quickly found him and snagged him back.

Him being shown as a monkey is just sort of him being a human trapped amongst all those spirit-things. If you recall at one point the magician boy puts the mask on, and takes it away briefly and he's the monkey. I think that was supposed to represent how Bob can possess people and appear like a human.

That's just my two cents, I used to live for this show.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 4:21 pm

Sherilyn Fenn's actually going to be on The Gilmore Girls for a few episodes coming up...not that I look at SpoilerFix or anything...cuz I totally don't.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 4:36 pm

Posted: Dec 21, 2005 4:44 pm

I saw Sherilyn Fenn the other day in some ridiculous mid-80's skateboarding movie as the evil conniving (of course) girl. I looooooooved Twin Peaks, read the diary, saw the movie...I think I have to get the DVDs. Season one was a mindblower.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 5:00 pm

Posted: Dec 21, 2005 5:29 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

I want to get my roommates to start watching Season one, but all my boyfriend has seen so far are a couple of the crappy second season episodes and having trouble convincing him it would be worth watching and I think the rest were around when he was saying how awful it was (Crytsal Lake-I think G. would enjoy season one). . .so, now I gotta convince them, too. And I gotta get the pilot again before they start (mootz?) so they know what's going on.

Yeah, Sherilyn is hot. . I never thought about how it does suck that Lara Flynn Boyle got the better career-you're right, Hugh Jass, Donna doesn't have any personality. But isn't that song James, Maddy and Donna do together great?! Oh, I forgot how it goes.. .

Kyle MacLachlan is in that new series starting in January-kinda seemed alright-Justice something? But it's on a Friday night-which sucks.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 5:39 pm

Just you (just you)....
And I (and I)....
Together....
Forever....
In Love....

Some band's gotta cover that someday. Goodnight Lovin'?
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 5:48 pm

My favorite song from the show was that song that Donna is singing in the Roadhouse....

"I want you... to rock... back... inside my heart".

I laughed forever when I heard that song.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 5:51 pm

Sherilyn was so hot in the Wraith. I wish I could come back to life as a futuristic car drivin' avenger and bang her.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 5:54 pm

Yes, someone should cover that. . . .I'll ask goodnight loving about it after I make a couple of 'em watch it. . .
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 5:59 pm

My favorite song from the show was that song that Donna is singing in the Roadhouse....

"I want you... to rock... back... inside my heart".

I laughed forever when I heard that song.

oh yeah! (this is all so funny)
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 6:02 pm

Fucking DONNA. She was such a dork.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 6:20 pm

Dude. Fucking loved this show and still do. I still have the whole thing on tape. I was seriously into this shit. As far as the Lodge thing goes, I think the White Lodge represents heaven of sorts. The Black Lodge is supposed to be it's mirror opposite. A place where prayers fear to tread. But Hawk once described the Black Lodge as the place your soul goes to be judged, so maybe it's more like purgatory. I think the Tremonds would be considered 'good' (they did help Laura out), but all of the spirit characters, or whatever you want to call them, are really just out to stop BOB I think, and not really into helping anyone but themselves. The woodsmen, who knows, I think they're just set dressing. Probably an idea Lynch just never got to use. And this theory is my favorite: the Little Man is actually Mikes/Gerards severed arm (he is referred to as "The Arm" at one point). But wouldn't that make the arm evil though, because it was the arm that was cut off to separate Mike from his evil counterpart? Who knows? For a long time when I was watching this a lot years ago I would have dreams about episodes that didn't exist. I am a fucking dork.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 6:22 pm

She and James and their lame little love story was the second worst part of TP. The absolute worst was James and the rich lady Evelyn banging. Whenever that came about I got so disinterested I just smoked tons of weed for the upcoming scary parts.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 6:34 pm

The absolute worst was James and the rich lady Evelyn banging

totally-these are the episodes I speak of that my bf saw (so not wanting to start the series at all).
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 6:50 pm

Donna was only good in that "I love to hate her" way. She was so ridiculous that it was gross. And that look on James' face all the time. You know it was bad when I can remember it after 15 years.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 7:26 pm

Doesn't I am the Arm have anything to say about all this?
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Check pokerindustries.com for the pilot. Hong Kong import. Not too expensive as I remember.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 10:19 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Sheryl Lee was the hottie. She looked like a 50's pinup girl. She was also in the movie of the week "Love, Lies, and Murder", which was one of the best in the genre.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 11:05 pm

Sheryl Lee was the hottie.

I forgot all about her. She was very gorgeous, and like Fenn and Amick, her post-TP career was poop. There must've been some sort of curse on that show.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 11:06 pm

Yeah, the Little Man is definitely supposed to be Mike's arm. If you recall in FWWM he touches Mike's "stump" and they talk at the same time.

I think the Little Man is actually supposed to be sort of neutral, half-bad and half-good.

And yeah, there's a run in the middle of the second season that's awful. James and that shitty love triangle, the whole Nadine-turning into a high-schooler again crap, etc. But the beginning and especially the end of season two when Windham Earle shows up and the final episode= soooo goood.
Posted: Dec 21, 2005 11:42 pm

When Nadine beats Hank's ass, though, I thought her character actually did something sweet. We went through all that crap to see Hank get destroyed.
Posted: Dec 22, 2005 12:13 am

i've been hangin the same pic of audry in my apartment for years.
got a copy of RUBY, oswlads assasin, with fenn as a stripper.
my girls got the laura palmer diary and i got season one on dvd, is season 2 out on dvd yet?

long live the log lady!
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 10:13 pm

clubber - Season 2 (in a wierd sometimes Spanish-subtitled version) is available on the internet in bittorrents, if yr down with those. The same version is also on ebay on dvd's. (Just noticed kosta mentioning those up above.)

Also, this piece is fun if yr a fan:

http://www.notcoming.com/twinpeaks/chart.html
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 11:08 pm

Gah!!! I just read Crystal's pheasant story over in goner vs nature and it made me think of this thread!! and i didn't see it had been resurrected, i swear!!

i think because she said "lodge".

ok, had to share. . .shit like that happens to me all the time.
uh. . .sherilyn fenn is still hot.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 11:42 pm

I wanted my husband to be the log lady for halloween but he wouldn't.
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 10:06 pm

woah! Everyones a Twin Peaks fan on here? I love it, have season one, but can't find the pilot anywhere. If anyone ends up with a copy I NEED it... Let me sweeten the deal: we could trade for a burn of all 4 discs of season one...
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 6:01 am

i had the pilot on vhs but some shit stain stole it. id like to see season two, i never have. also sherilyn looked kinda not-sexy on the gilmore girls.
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 10:40 am

I packed Fenn's grocery bag and carried it to her car
back when they were up here shooting in North Bend.
wanted to tip me but when I said,
"nah, it's been my pleasure"
she smiled and hiked her skirt
and slid into her roadster and ...
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 6:45 pm

I know... Lynch can be spooky. Leland always freaked me out. Keep me posted on that Pilot DVD!
thanks
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 6:50 pm

I can get you a burn of the pilot DVD. I will only trade it for burns of whatever Season 2 stuff you can get.
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 4:33 am

Lemme see what I can do... I have some other cool stuff on dvd worth passing along too. email me: cdhand@gmail.com
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 7:33 pm

i've got the pilot on vhs i could make you a copy if ya' want one
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 8:02 pm

Twin Peaks + Kolchak = X-Files

very true....
hookorcrook
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 10:23 pm

i have the pilot on vhs. If you're going to watch the whole series in a row including the pilot it's best to skip the last 20 minutes or so, as it has nothing to do with the rest of the story. it's like a long weird sort of fantasy sequence with bob in the basement of the hospital. haven't seen it in a while but i've watched the whole thing a couple times and figured out with people who hadn't seen it before it's better to just skip that part and come back to it after the very end as one last little extra thing since it doesn't make any sense once the actual episodes start for the last 20 minutes of the pilot to have happened.

also, i was kind of annoyed with the layout of the season one dvds. maybe it's just me but i found it the menus kind of hard to navigate.

anyway, this site has been a good place to track info on when season 2 will if ever come out. they posted this just last week:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5890
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 2:09 pm

That's the European pilot, not the American one. I have the American pilot on DVD and it doesn't have the Bob ending in the hospital.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 3:04 pm

Yeah, the European pilot has that weird wrap-it-up ending so it could be it's own movie and doesn't have much to do with the rest of the series. I wish I had it though.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 8:44 pm

I'm lazy and didn't scan the whole thread, but Warner Bros. is FINALLY reissuing remastered DVD versions of Seasons One And Two with all new Lynch approved features here in the US by the end of the year.
Read about it on www.digitalbits.com
Supposed to be a box set of both seasons as well.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 9:23 pm

She was only a minor, later character, but I really had a thing for the buxom redhead played by Robin Lively. Anyone else remember her? Damn.
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 10:25 pm

yo finnark -> bray. a little robyn lively vid for you from season 2...
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 1:00 am

It won't allow hotlinks, but I'll see if I can find it...thanks! Where's my kleenex?
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 1:49 am

grosso- drop me an email. cdhand@gmail.com
much appreciated.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®