Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Any one have a wine recipe
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 3:23 am

I want to make my own wine but all I know how to make is Julip... and its fucking toxic I can't seem to get it right.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 3:35 am

you know that it will take a minimum of 6 months (for white wine) or a year (for red wine) of aging before you can even sample the wine to see if its moving along right...

are you still sure you want to undertake this endeavor?
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 4:45 am

Somebody start making some moonshine.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 5:10 am

you know that it will take a minimum of 6 months (for white wine) or a year (for red wine) of aging before you can even sample the wine to see if its moving along right...

that's if you want it to taste good. but you're talking to people who have written page after page about the greatness of Sparks.

you should look into making cider or mead. easier and takes less time to ferment.

I just got a jar of moonshine yesterday. it's sitting there in the freezer, just grinning at me.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 5:19 am

that's if you want it to taste good. but you're talking to people who have written page after page about the greatness of Sparks.

my bad.... i grew up in "sideways" country....
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 6:04 am

it's sitting there in the freezer, just grinning at me.
Tip a shot and go holler in the street for me!

Mmmmmm....
Corn Squeezens....
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 7:44 am

The quickest way to get fucked up. I dont have six minutes much less six months to get drunk. Fruit, sugar, yeast, maybe a potato a gallon jar and a surgical glove. sit in the basement until you hear an explosion....thats julip. Taste like shit but you will be blind before you fall down a flight of stairs. Still need a respectable recipe. Something I can drink and still function.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 8:23 am

wine recipe:

1 bottlw of wine
1 wine glass
pour, and drink.

"do we have to drink Manischevitz again..?"
-mozel Tov
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 9:31 am

makes sense.... i want wine i made and is a least 15% alcohol Mushi ring Took a lunesta trying to sleep. my wine taste like ether I really dont care at this point, I have only one eye open.... this is were i trail off, stilll neeeed the recipices
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 3:52 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

Okay, seriously? this is the easiest possible method:

go to the store and get some unpastuerized apple cider (the brown stuff with all the sediment in the bottom). It's gotta be unpastuerized otherwise it won't ferment.

rig up some kind of valve that will allow gas to escape the cider container(s) without exposing it to outside air & possible contaminants. probably some kind of tube with a rubber flap on top or something. hook it up to the container.

let it sit in a basement or something for a few weeks until it stops bubbling.

I don't know how high the alcohol content is. probably less than 15% though.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 8:06 pm

If you can't wait to make real wine, here's a recipe for prison wine a.k.a. "Pruno."
http://www.blacktable.com/gillin030901.htm

This guy liked it so much, he wrote a poem about it:
http://www.pen.org/freedom/masters.htm
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 9:32 pm

are you in memphis? because there is a store over on cooper which has a lot of the wine making supplies and they have the stuff if you wanna brew your own beer too. you might look into that place there and see what all you'd need. :)
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 9:52 pm

I had pruno out at sccc. Pretty foul but It works. I didn't even know that place on cooper wa still open. Maybe I'll blow my christmas bonus on a still.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 11:22 pm

heard something on NPR the other day about ice wine. they make it out of frozen grapes from an early or unexpected frost. takes up to 8X as many grapes, and its supposed to be sweet. an after dinner wine. anyone ever dabble?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®