Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / last good movie you seen
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:29 am

Ninotchka (1939) greta garbo! whoever greta's lover in the film is is really great. bela lugosi's in this shit too in a small part. i didn't even notice him until it said his name on the credits. um uh ok yeah...
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:34 am

Garbo laughs!
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:40 am | Edited by: I am the Arm

God's Gun - with Lee Van Cleef in a double starring role and Leif Garret as a little kid. It's funny to see little goldielocks without the crackpipe. Van Cleef may be "the Bad" but this is good. Worth a watch.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:41 am

The images pound over my brain like the surf. They trickel down and catch in the crevices never to be reliquished. A living librairy of visceral imagery.Nickname Phantom of the Colonial
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:44 am

Don't make so much sense next time. NtotheBIS-co
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:49 am

huh?
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:51 am

I saw Dog Day Afternoon then The Doberman Gang. I like bank robbery films. Don't anyone rob banks anymore???
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:57 am

Don't anyone rob banks anymore???

It's pretty sad isn't it?
No balls.
That's the problem.
No balls.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 1:01 am

i don't wanna be an asshole i don't wanna be an asshole i don't wanna be an asshole no more

take punk take punk take punk take punk take punk and rockinroll with you out the door

i don't need your noise or your laughter who needs when you got something your own

--janine vanderhuff -june 12, 1987-
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 1:13 am

yo. is this da operater? quite bein' so Operatorish. you make me All operatin on myself. there's 2 cords feelin' up my dick. one is hospital green and one is bland red.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 1:14 am

dick.

i mean leg.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 1:17 am

dick.

i mean leg.

i mean dick.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 1:20 am

Last good movie I saw was Scorpio Rising. Thats a good film with a great soundtrack
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 1:32 am

oh, and before that "Cannonball Run"
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 1:32 am

Awesome shit!
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 1:43 am

Don't anyone rob banks anymore???

good god, come to Memphis. we have hundreds of bank robberies every year... they even rob the grocery store branches. earlier this year a guy was carjacked and taken to the bank drive-thru -- but they were outta withdrawal slips, so one of his kidnappers went inside the bank and the victim pulled a gun outta the back seat and killed the other one!

that said, Dog Day Afternoon is one helluva movie -- I also like The Killers, which features a heist at the horse track.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 2:16 am

just watched STANDER, not that great of a movie, but LOTS OF ROBBING BANKS!

South African cop gets tired of shooting unarmed rioting citizens and decides to rob banks instead. gets caught, goes to jail, gets out, takes 2 buddies from jail, and really starts robbing banks.

"based on a true story," though i haven't looked to see how much was true.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 2:29 am

Star Wars: Episode III "wheres Padme...?"

OR Hardware Wars..remember that from like HBO in the late 70's..?

"what is it..Ben a sign from the Force..?"
"NO... just a migraine headache."
AND who could forget Planet Basketball...!
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 2:41 am

Jacob's ladder....old movie...just seen it....reminds me of my acid dropping days.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 2:49 am

old movie
Oh shit yeah, that's a great one. I might have to pull it out. It's been a while.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 3:29 am

Madagascar
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 3:29 am

KIDDING!!
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 3:51 am

Bubba's Until It Hurts
Bubba "Hightower" Smith's workout video.... bought it at a thrift store tonight and durin' the hardcore exercises, some guy in the background gets a full blown hard-on! 54 minutes into the tape.... HAHHAHHAH
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 4:12 am

full blown hard-on!
HAHAHAHA, during jumpin jacks?
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 4:41 am

It was not "Sharkboy and Lavagirl".
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 4:52 am

re-watching some cool films...

Seconds - GREAT 60s mind-fuck flick w/ Rock Hudson
Croupier - nice moody neo-noir feeling British Flick
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 4:52 am

I think he was doin' some resistence over the head shit...... his lower body wasn't movin' 'cept for one thing and it wasn't his legs....to fuckin' funny though!
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 5:14 am

has anybody seen that new british movie 'mean street hooligans'? my roomate got a bootleg copy but i haven't watched it yet.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 5:34 am

TWO bank robberies in Memphis today!!! TWO!!!
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 5:36 am

Capote--no bank robberies, but a robbery/mass murder.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 6:28 am

the new potter flick is good...
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 6:35 am

Croupier - nice moody neo-noir feeling British Flick

I just watched that for the first time. I liked it a lot, very stylish, good story.

The Maltese Falcon was on at like, 3am the other night. My insomnia and I enjoyed it.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 6:35 am

I liked Capote. but there was some stuff I didn't like too -- it seemed too black & white (his narcissism, etc). did you hear they're making ANOTHER Truman Capote movie, with the horrendous Sandra Bullock in the Harper Lee role? auuuggghhhh!!!

from today's Commercial Appeal:
Two Bank of America branches were robbed Tuesday morning.

At about 10:20 a.m. a man wearing a black ski mask entered the Bank of America at 3378 Austin Peay in Raleigh, jumped over the teller counter and demanded money, according to the Safe Streets Task Force.

After putting money in a bag. he left in a grayish blue Chevrolet Caprice or Buick Riviera.

About 11:45 a.m., two robbers entered the Bank of America at 4570 Summer in East Memphis. One man, armed with a gun, stood in the lobby and ordered everyone to the floor.

The other robber jumped over the teller counter and stuffed money from two drawers in a bag. The getaway vehicle was found near the bank. It had been carjacked earlier near Summer and Berclair, authorities said.

Have information? Call Crime Stoppers at 528-CASH, or the Memphis FBI at 747-4300.

also, people have been getting robbed in their hotel rooms (must be crooks looking for FEMA money) -- a guy got shot & killed in his room at the Sycamore View Ramada this AM...
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 6:36 am

I guess I am trying to "HOLD UP" this thread by continually changing the discussion to real-life crime as opposed to the celluoid shit!
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 7:09 am

Flash Gordon; Starring the Kick ass MAx Von Sydow as Ming.

" do you promise not to blast her into outer space..?"
MING: "i do" then.. Flash says: " ferget it Ming, Dales with me..!"

Flash......Ahhhhh.. he'll save everyone of us..
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 8:00 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

a guy got shot & killed in his room at the Sycamore View Ramada this AM...
Yep. That happened.
According to a source (who works very close to the place), two dudes were in the room. Crime-man said give it up. One dude did, the other didn't. Didn't dude got shot.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 8:09 am

you mean, like standing in line paying $10 and nibbling a $4 box of popcorn?

Saw "Jarhead" didn't like it too much, but in parts it rocked like alienation.
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 8:14 am

"Jarhead"
I didn't see it. How can you make Apocalypse Now out of a war that lasted three days, and the Commander in Chief (at the time) couldn't even finish the job?
Posted: Dec 14, 2005 10:38 am

Hey I too LOVED The Doberman Gang.... my sister and I have had 3 Dobermans... always wanted to train them to pull off something like that!

Today, I saw Mrs Henderson Presents starring Judi Dench and Bob Hoskins, wtih Christopher Guest in an unusual role for him (but not really as he is in Burke's Peerage) directed by Stephen Frears. WW2 movie. Nice period piece. Enjoyable, smart AND there are naked chicks all through the movies so something for each member of a "date."
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 7:02 am

finally got to see "Walk The Line"

those close ups of a sweat drenched Cash on meth!!!

that bit where Sam gets excited over the rolling version of "Folsom.."

first scene of a wild metro sexual Jerry Lee, dug those fur lined cuffs.

"sassy" June and how well mannered when the square shopkeeper gets judgmental, June apologizes, they don't make 'em like that no more.

how 'bout chili fried Elvis, again nice and polite..
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 2:38 pm

watched "auto focus" the other night. thought it was pretty good.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 2:51 pm

I watched Open Water a couple days ago, and for a movie that doesn't have a whole lot happen, and the dialogue isn't very interesting, I was completely absorbed and very creeped out. Definitely impressed with the creepy factor.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 3:15 pm

i loved Open Water; really tense & creepy. and it actually kinda made me sea sick.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 3:27 pm

Metropolis
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 3:28 pm

HEY! I loved Open Water too! Wanna hang out?
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 3:38 pm

I was defintely feeling her pain when she blew chunks! That's so weird... I had really strange dreams after I watched it, too. Very Eraserhead-ish, like I was floating around in blackness and things I couldn't see were touching me.

I did think they were WAY too calm, 'cause I woulda been screaming way earlier in the day.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 3:46 pm | Edited by: elle

the last really great movie i saw was capote. before that it was this korean movie fallen angels.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 3:58 pm

has anyone seen my girlfriend sarah silverman's movie "jesus is magic"?
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 4:04 pm

Blast of Silence - early 60's b&w NYC noir...very hard-boiled and down movie. Treads into Le Samourai territory...less stylee, more grit and low budget. Slight existentialist touches...if it were if French it probably would have been more well known today.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 4:10 pm

Capote--no bank robberies, but a robbery/mass murder.

This movie was so freaking good. Phil Hoffman gave the performance of a lifetime, without doing what could have been an easy caricature. Chris Cooper and Ricardo looked and acted exactly the way I would expect an FBI agent and a street hood to act in that era. The bleakness was beautiful. I felt like I stepped back in time.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 4:19 pm

I agree--I hear you, Andria, on the "black n white" thing of his persona, but that made the tension really high for a film that could have otherwise been plodding. I loved Capote. It looked really nice too and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a killer actor.

GROSS on Sandra Bullock in any role. Who is going to play Capote?
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 4:41 pm

The Day Of The Dolphin is an awesome movie. just saw it this week.

finally saw Get Crazy also. both recommended.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 4:49 pm

havent seen capote but the film version of In Cold Blood is great.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 9:15 pm

Tuesday night I went and saw "Naked in Ashes". A docu. about the Yogis in India. Fucking awsome!!!! Go see this movie now!!!!!!!!!! And when it's over go pull a truck with your penis.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 9:20 pm

the spongebob squarepants movie. it's so golden maan. we laughed so hard that our tranny hookers ran off.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 9:52 pm

Wild Zero
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 10:03 pm

sarah silverman's jesus is magic. fuckin hilarious.
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 10:34 pm

"Christmas Carol"- the 1951 version with Alastair Sim as Scrooge.

I watch this movie at least 3 times every year. And I'm a Jew! Nevermind this being the best Xmas movie ever, it's one of the best movies ever, period.

Sim is amazing. No other Scrooge even comes close to him. When he has his transformation from evil miser to generous nice guy, it actually seems real. You don't get a sense that he's gonna turn back into a bastard after the camera stops rolling.

I read once that Sim's appearance and portrayal was used as the model for Mr. Burns' ("The Simpsons") mannerisms and personality.

"Are there no prisons? Are there no work houses?!"
Posted: Dec 15, 2005 11:12 pm

magical mystery tour.

"i am your courrier, Mr. Bloodvessel"
Posted: Dec 16, 2005 7:40 am

my girlfriend sarah silverman's
it's on my todo list
Posted: Dec 16, 2005 4:50 pm

sarah silverman's jesus is magic. fuckin hilarious.

I heard it was so-so and kinda a half ass comedy movie.
Posted: Dec 17, 2005 2:36 am

The Apple... actually, no. Don't remember the last one I saw.
Posted: Dec 18, 2005 2:56 am

to have and to have not
bogart and bacall
screenplay by faulkner
lauren bacall is fuckin georgous
The Maltese Falcon was on at like, 3am the other night. My insomnia and I enjoyed it. Ding!

also had a gene hackman weekend with the conversation, and french connection. 87 percent pure heroin is enough to kill a pony, and the bad guy gets away! sorry to blow the ending, but thats like 1970sumthin...
Posted: Dec 18, 2005 2:59 am

when it's over go pull a truck with your penis.
or pull a train...dang!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®