Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / The worst beer...
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:41 am

Natural Ice.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:56 am

i think all beer is yucky
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:58 am

grrrrrrrrllll,
no.
beer has natural and fortified, and sometimes, fake vitamins.
Most are healthy as coffee...
Another acquired taste.
Like Thin Lizzy.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:00 am

April, I'm very disappointed in you.

Does anyone know where I can get some King Cobra (which might be the worst 'beer' ever) in Memphis??? I have some Christmas gifts left to buy for some friends from work (including my boss).

Thanks,
T.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:11 am

Kraftbrau beer.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:03 am

steel reserve is pretty bad. in NY, gennessee cream ale is the worst locally. but as far as worst beer ever...probably that menthol flavored malt liquor they had out years ago. Cool Colt, I think it was called.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:06 am

that menthol flavored malt liquor they had out years ago. Cool Colt,

WTFWTFWTFWTF ... You sure it wasn't Cold Cock, like that old Chris Rock sketch?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:30 am

the worst thing ever to come in a bottle - that captain morgan's spiced drink. i don't know what it was called, but shit tasted like maple syrup. i mean seriously i think if you boiled it down, it'd be fantastic on pancakes.

barf.

i remember that menthol flavored colt. i never drank it out of utter disgust. they sold it over on summer avenue where they also sold the "crack packs" of newports, with only 10 cigs in them.

they had some beer some friends of mine from st louis used to always get that was literally called "cheap beer" and had a generic looking label on it. horrible tasting shit. but then again, what else would you expect?

champale is pretty fucking terrible. so was that nasty st ides fruit brew crap too. bluh. steel reserve is foul. as is king cobra.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 12:27 pm

That's funny, I think all mass-domestics are pretty horrible, but at least Natural Ice has some body and a kick. Makes you feel like ass the next day, though.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 1:36 pm

brahma - the hot new barzilian import is pretty horrible as well.

the only reason natural ice is on the shelf is because it's got a higher alcohol by volume percentage and it's cheap. unfortunately 80% of beer bought is complete crap.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 1:39 pm

Molson Export Ale was the first beer I ever had that just made me spit it out. Old German tastes good, but I had the most wicked headache the next day.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 2:12 pm

koch's golden anniversary
or
USA beer (USA stood for U Save Alot, neither grammar nor beermaking was a particular strong suit)
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 2:41 pm

northstar. it tastes like metal.buying beer at aldi's, no thanks!
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 2:44 pm

sportz
rhinelander
huber bock
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 3:03 pm

Ice House - I immediately get a headache/hangover/throw up from it.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 3:09 pm

I hate Rolling Rock
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 3:09 pm

and green bottles
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 3:22 pm

Is it an urban myth that green bottled beer automatically has a "skunky" flavor because of the way the light hits it?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 3:23 pm

I hate Budweiser.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 3:24 pm

Dixie is crap.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 3:38 pm

Kraftbrau beer.

tastes like a hippy fell in the vat. probably not far from the truth.
somewhere out there a dog is happy his owner isn't blasting his phish bootlegs. he just wants to listen to rock music and lick his own ass.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 3:59 pm

Moutain Creek Classic Lager brewed in Monroe Wisconsin. Nasty ass shit but does the trick. Always, $6.99 for a case. Just recently found a deal on Strohs for $7.99 a 30 pack. That shit is whack too.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:05 pm

and green bottles

moosehead is pretty good
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:12 pm

I mistakenly picked up that Natural Ice 24oz. last night. Horrible stuff. Made me look for pictures of Eeyore.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:14 pm

I bought a 22 of Heineken last night. It was kinda flat and I actually dumped the last few gulps.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:17 pm

re: green bottles / skunked beer (why doesn't the "quote" button work on safari?)

yes, it's true! even a cooler light can skunk the beer.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:25 pm

i havent drank a single drop of alcohol in 3 days. im working on a week which would be a fuckin' miracle.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:45 pm

Yeah, but I'll bet you're smoking more hawkwind than a drum circle.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:49 pm

Worst-Milwaukee's Best
Best-Pabst, Yuengling and or Iron City Beer.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 4:51 pm

Budweiser
Natty Ice
Old Style
Olde English, all malt liquor.
St Ides

That ColdCock sketch was hilarious with the fake Billy D.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:01 pm

Best-Pabst, Yuengling and or Iron City Beer.
is yuengling brewed in pittsburgh? i gotta friend from pittsburgh and he's all over that shit. i don't care for it. iron city is good. one of the worst has gotta be honey brown. i can barely choke that shit down. it's for 16 year old neo-hippies.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:04 pm

SPARKS is a malt-bevvy, you no like-Y, Mr E?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:04 pm

Yeah, but I'll bet you're smoking more hawkwind than a drum circle.

Yes indeed. I have great wind to puff on. When I am in possession of the almighty hawkwind, I tend to drink less. Must be my space-brain counting all the lines on my walls.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:10 pm

I totally forgot just how bad Colt 45 was until the other night when I asked someone to grab me a "Dollar Deuce", and they brought me back a double of Colt 45 insted of the High Life.... it took me far too long to gag that shit down.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:13 pm | Edited by: Jasper de Wilde

When I was in theStates for the first time, I took a root beer from a vending machine...

Why the hell do they call that beer?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:17 pm

I know an Italian who did that! To this day he won't drink Root Beer just because it pissed him off.

Do they have vending machines w/ beer in Europe?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:20 pm

It use to be used as a herbal medicine for the cough and mouth sores and actually had a small amount of alcohol, like a percentage or two.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:23 pm

I'd rather drink a Baumeister Root Beer than Bud, Miller, Pabst, etc.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:24 pm | Edited by: bushmeister

cocaine
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:29 pm

Bud. The aftertaste tastes like glue to me.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:32 pm

I like Sparks, but man the malt liqour(Mickey's OE, Schlitz)....gives me a headache and gut rot. No thanks.

Honey Brown is pretty decent, I used to quaff large amounts of that in my younger days.

Quaff, I like that word.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:33 pm

Root beer is one of the fithiest drinks I ever had, next to milk.

Do they have vending machines w/ beer in Europe?

Not in public places, I've seen them in hotels though. In the States I've been in backpacker hostels where the vending machines were filled with beer. That was great.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:36 pm

I've wondered that about Ginger Ale, too.
Root beer was originally called Sasperilla, wasn't it?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:37 pm

Miller Genuine draft, all ICE beers suck
worst "malt beverage" Captain Morgan's Gold
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:37 pm

I thought sasparilla was something different...donkey?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 5:47 pm

Also, don't they call Ginger Ale "Ginger Beer" in Merry Olde England?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:05 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_beer

I always forget that extra "r" in sarsparilla. dammit.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:09 pm

Root beer was a traditional beverage and herbal medicine. The beverage was often alcoholic, usually around 2%.

Well, there you have it...
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:33 pm

What's really weird is that some people like that green bottle taste. Like me. Crazy I know but Molson, Moosehead, Rolling Rock, Heineken, anything German - I love 'em all. All green bottles.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:37 pm

Heineken- Tastes like aspirin.

Coors- Tastes like it was filtered through fart-saturated boxer shorts. They make it so easy to be P.C. and boycott their product.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:50 pm

Damn i'm bummed aboutthe Northstar. I keep meaning to get some. My pops said that the Aldi's Corona knockoff wasn't too bad. Of course he was on a schlitz kick for a while and he only drinks a beer a day. Has anybody tried the warsteiner knockoff from Aldi's? Oh yeah, worst beer-corona. Nasty shit.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:53 pm

I personally don't like Miller. Tastes too watery for me.

Heineken is pretty bad, too. Rolling Rock sucks, Corona sucks..

I actually like Budweiser. Sue me.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:55 pm | Edited by: bushmeister

I agree. Budweiser is the best of the higher priced domestic beers. It's pretty fuckin good.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 6:56 pm

The train station at Madrid airport has a beer dispenser at the end of the escalator as you come out of the terminal building. Its always my first call when in Madrid. It serves ice cold tins of San Miguel, which is my favourite beer. Hmmm, beer.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 7:00 pm

what do they charge in the vendin' machines for a can o' beer?
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 7:06 pm

About a dollar, not much at all
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 7:48 pm

lost lake
pig's eye
michalob ultra lite
olympia
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 7:53 pm

Big Jug
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 7:57 pm

[i]Do they have vending machines w/ beer in Europe?

yes they do
we have'em in Belgium - right behind my corner there is one selling half-a-liter-cans of Jupiler, so there should be more

you get used to that
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:01 pm

I love me some Hamms..!!

Schlitz
Blatz
Goeble
Old Style
Warsteiner is the shit.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:07 pm

At most airports I've been (actually I think it were all of them) the beer has a stinky smell, it tastes good, but it smells. That usually happens if they don't rinse the hoses/piping often enough. Try it, the beer on airports often smells like it rots, it's rather typical.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:09 pm

i havent drank a single drop of alcohol in 3 days. im working on a week which would be a fuckin' miracle.

ugh. i've been on the same kick as you since i've got so much damn schoolwork due this week. the bad thing is, i can't really sleep without drinking, so i'm a walking zombie right now.

reading about all this beer makes me want one.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:19 pm

Yeah, I just decided to kick it the other day for a week or so since I've been drinking everyday (minus a day here or there) for the past 5-6 years.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:24 pm

yeah. sounds like me. i went for 2 weeks of sobriety once. i don't think i will ever try that again. most miserable week ever. i'm going to just go for this week. probably until friday night after work because i have to do the same thing next week during the week because of finals. bluh.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:31 pm | Edited by: bushmeister

Elle, were a team. We can do this but we gotta stick side-by-side.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:32 pm

i went for 2 weeks of sobriety once. most miserable week ever.

HEE-HAWWW!!!
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:34 pm

I'm with you, Sherry. ROLLING ROCK is the worst.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:35 pm

Yankee Jim is the worst shit I've had the misfortune of drinking. I was broke and unemployed and it was the cheapest stuff around but i could barely even get through a can.

Molson Canadian is also pretty vile. I've never understood why so many people drink the stuff.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:36 pm

Oh yeah. There's also this really cheap beer you can get on tap at several bars around Toronto called "Amber". Its tastes bad and it also leaves a horrible pasty feeling in the mouth and causes brutal hangovers. But its cheap as hell.

While I'm at it, hemp beer is disgusting.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:36 pm

Ned BasilHayden
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 8:48 pm

hemp beer? gimmie a break. fuckin' hippies DIE!

Okay.. okay. THE JAGUAR 24oz Tall Boy. It's swamp water.
99cents though. Might have to gather up some change tonight for that after speaking of THE JAGUAR.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 9:04 pm

just looking at Hamm's will give you a hangover
steel reserve - yuck
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 9:06 pm

Hamm's is not at all a bad beer. Hamm's Light is WAY to light to give anyone a hangover.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 9:47 pm

Budweiser is pretty bad, not terrible, but pretty bland with shitty aftertaste.

All light beer sucks.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 9:55 pm

Elle, were a team. We can do this but we gotta stick side-by-side.

aiight. we got this.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 9:57 pm

huber bock

the worst beer ever! gave the world's worst hangovers. saddest thing, if it was still a dollar at the bottle i'd still be drinking it.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 9:57 pm

All light beer sucks.
That's what I thought until I recently tried Sam Adams Light. It was on sale at the supermarket for so cheap I couldn't afford not to buy it. It's actually really good! It tastes like grain, as if you've been chewing a big wad of brown rice or something. I find this pleasant trait to be present in many high-end beers and also in some really cheapo stuff, but I've never found it present in something like Budweiser, for example.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 9:59 pm

Bud
Corona
Rheingold

All = suck.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 10:14 pm

Sam Adams Light.

this really isn't all that horrible. i've tried it. i think it does have a lower alcohol level to it. so if you're drinking to get drunk and to save calories or whatever, it really kind of sucks because you only drink more of it. hence killing any real benefit of lower calories. hahah.

i don't necessarily hate corona. it's not terrible if you toss lime in it and are out on a really hot summer day in the sun. but then again, why waste the money? you can always drink pbr in that case.
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 10:47 pm

As a broke ass alcoholic I like all those "ice" beers cuz they have more alcohol in 'em.

While I do like green bottled beer... I H8 ROLLING ROCK
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 11:05 pm

When I'm on my years-long drinkin' sprees I tend to drink a lot of different beer cause otherwise it doesn't seem to have much effect. I know it would have the same alcohol blood level effect but you get it..

When was the last time anyone here has been able to get slammed on beer? Recently, I did some 50cent tappers and karaoke at the local Hawksnest. I musta put down about 20 tappers in under 3 hours. Didn't really feel like it. And that'drinkin' Leinies Creamy Dark.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 1:09 am

DIXIE....
it was once OK, thank God Katrina did us one favor...a friend who worked there for quite a while would tell us amazingly unsanitary tales of the rat infested brewery on Tulane Ave....you couldn't pay him to drink it and he worked there!
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 1:23 am

Oh wait....worst-CAMO.

8.9% ALCOHOL, 91.1% BULLSHIT!
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 4:23 am

Oh wait....worst-CAMO.

8.9% ALCOHOL, 91.1% BULLSHIT!

CAMO is fucking terrible. Here in va we've also got EVIL EYE aka OJO MALO, which is 11% and makes me puke in my mouth a little bit just thinking about it.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 4:25 am

When was the last time anyone here has been able to get slammed on beer?

i usually drink pretty fast and i'm kinda small so it hits me pretty good if i drink about 15 or so beers in 3 hours time. i can get fairly hammered that way. especially if i smoke in conjunction with it.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 3:38 pm

When I was in Appleton once, Eric convinced me to buy to cases of some weird beer- I can't remember the name at all. Two cases of beer came out to 7.98. It tasted like cream cheese. Disgusting. I have no idea what it was... but I want it not to exist in my world.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 3:56 pm

Yeah, when hawked up on the wind, especially after drinkin' a while, can really do the job well. Last night was my fourth night of no drinkin'... today I get paid and im gettin drunk.. oh and i have some PRIMO NUG to help that out.. PRIMO.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 3:57 pm

Appleton's got Flanagans Liquor which generally has the case or 30 pack of decent light beer for roughly 7 bucks but ive never heard of 2 cases for that price.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 4:08 pm

I'd rather drink malt liquor than a watery domestic. I mean, I'll honestly drink any beer you hand me, but Bud/Miller/whatever are piss. I think it's funny arguing over Miller/Bud or Coors/Pabst...it's like Ford/Chevy!
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 5:10 pm

Bud, Bud light, and Old English.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 5:20 pm

Are those dank nugs, brah?
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 9:46 pm

Posted: Dec 7, 2005 9:51 pm

Potent Clammy Dank Marijuana Buds.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 9:53 pm

ive been buyin dank shit lately and im stupid enough to let it dry out.. i need a wet vaginal hole to keep my dank buds dank, yo.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 9:56 pm

I am sick of beer myself. I think I can only drink it in the summer, when it is ICEY cold. I prefer vodka most of the time these days.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 9:56 pm

Well, you are called the bushmeister...
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 9:57 pm

the bushmeister has many means
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:01 pm

I am sick of beer myself.

Yeah, I'm gonna get some whiskey tonight.. maybe catch a buzz off that. All I drank for 3 years was Evan Williams Whiskey and coke. and some beers here and there.. i was usually pasted out somewhere before i could think about beer.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:03 pm

Evan Williams and cherry coke is my favorite.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:06 pm

Evan Williams is just as good, if not better, than JD's. And much much cheaper.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:13 pm

I taste dirt when I drink Evan Williams.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:14 pm

drink faster than bj.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:17 pm

Oh, no, no, no, no.....

natty light for me tonight
Don't do it, Brad! Next thing you know, you'll be looking for useless crap on the Internet. Well, wait; I end up doing that, no matter the beer...
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:20 pm

Oh, no, no, no, no.....

You mean it's not just as good and not cheaper? It's both of those. Better and less expensive.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:25 pm

No, I've just never drank it without puking.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 10:26 pm | Edited by: bushmeister

According to an article in the Louisville Courier-Journal of 29 April 1889, "Williams was a member of the early Board of Trustees of Louisville, and tradition says he never attended a meeting of the board without bringing a bottle of his whiskey, and that what he brought was always drank by the members before the meeting adjourned." He was censured every time for doing so, but still he never left with a full jug!

Good for Evan!
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 11:03 pm

Evan W is as good if not better than JD, and just a step below Jim Beam

People who puke due to drinking are pussies in my opinion, learn to hold yer liquor, faggy.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 11:09 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

People who puke due to drinking are pussies in my opinion, learn to hold yer liquor, faggy.
People who puke after eating shit are healthy. And if that's a challenge, come down to Memphis, and I'll set with you Indiana Jones style.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 11:25 pm

I prefer vodka

i need to go on a vodka kick because i have an entire bottle of ketel 1 sitting in my freezer right now. i was going to make a batch of summer beer with it a couple months ago, but i'm a slacker. now it's too cold for summer beer and perfect for some cran and vodka. mmmmmm.

evan williams inspires vomit in me. if i drink whiskey, it's good stuff most of the time.
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 11:34 pm

You could probably drink me under the table, but still learn to hold yer liquor.
Posted: Dec 10, 2005 10:39 am

okay on the subject of beer, get this...
for the past couple of months i have been getting some kind of
allergic reaction to beer!
it's a rash on face & hands and it gets worse if i continue drinking
after it develops.
it's mostly beer but it even happened a couple of times with wine.
anyway since i have not heard of anyone else having this dreaded
fucking reaction does anyone know how to prevent it?
besides not drinking of course!
ha! ha! ha!
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 1:41 am

Makers Mark is the shit.
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 1:45 am

Makers Mark
If I buy whiskey, that's what I get.

But, back to beer, Miller Lite tastes like the can it came in.
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 4:12 am

ZIMAaaaaaaaaa...!!!
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 4:15 am

vodka kick because i have an entire bottle of ketel 1 sitting in my freezer right now

ketel 1 makes the best dirty martinis.... i'm just sayin
Posted: Dec 12, 2005 4:36 pm

I can name handfulls after handfulls of people in this good state of Wisconsin that can drink mostly anybody under the table.
Well, it is infact Wisconsin.
Posted: Dec 13, 2005 1:03 am

Rolling Rock, as far as non-malt beverages go.
Posted: Dec 13, 2005 1:43 am

Worst= Milwaukee's Best aka The Beast. Can't get the Beast on the west coast so I mostly bitch about Hamm's in a can these days- tastes like they threw in a handful of nickels for added flavor.

Does anyone else miss Blitz? I used to luv gettin off work downtown & walking outside to smell the Weinhard's brewery stanking up Portland. It put me in just the right frame of mind for heading straight for the nearest barstool & swilling as much cheap-o beer as possible. RIP- PDX downtown Weinhard's...
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 7:14 pm

warm beer!!
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 7:17 pm

no beer.
or near beer.
Posted: Dec 19, 2005 7:17 pm

Rheingold is the worst - i've even been known to turn that shit down for free. just nasty (i cant think of any other beer i'd turn down for free - i do love free beer)
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 2:44 am

Keystone Ice Light.
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 2:53 am

Rheingold is the worst - i've even been known to turn that shit down for free. just nasty (i cant think of any other beer i'd turn down for free - i do love free beer)

Same!
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 4:55 am

Colt 45
Black Label Big 10%
Molson Canadian
Molson Dry
Miller Hi-Life
Milwaukee's Best Ice
Miller Genuine Draft
Lucky Lager Force 10%
Labbatt Wildcat
Posted: Dec 20, 2005 5:00 am

I actually really like Rolling Rock, way more so than most American beers. Always make a point to pick up a case on my way back across the boarder.

Rhinegold fucking sucks ass, though.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®