Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Illinois Alderman Wants to Ban the 40 oz
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 12:37 am

In an interview today, this Alderman said there was the same amount of alcohol in a 40 oz as there is in 6 shots of whiskey...and the rest below in the paper....

"On Monday, [the commission] had the task of studying a possible citywide ban on single-serving cans and bottles of 40 ounces or less sold for consumption elsewhere.
Alderman Steven Purcell pushed the City Council to send the issue to the commission because he is seeing a lot of single-serving containers being misused.
"Walk through some of the alleys in downtown and single-serve bottles and cans are in every nook," Purcell said."
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 1:00 am

We already have a ban on 40oz bottles in Florida...gotta drive to GA to get one. I've never understood this, because if you can only buy a 32oz bottle, you're just going to BUY another bottle of beer to make up for it. Like it's going to make people less drunk? Even people who beg for beer money are just going to panhandle enough money to buy another. I don't see this making any sense...
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 1:03 am

In St. Louis you can't go to the store and buy one beer. You have to buy two. They think if you're gonna buy just one you're more likely to drink and drive.

Ummm... ok. Gime two, please!
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 1:29 am

basically the only reason people pass laws like this is because they see 40ozers on rap videos and they don't want negroes in their town.
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 1:57 am

I'm so glad I moved...

40oz. aside, I'm on to steel reserves now...You only need a couple 24's and it's like your soul leaves your body and starts dancing polka for while...Fuck Illinois and fuck a 40...Gimme some HIGH GRAVITY.
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 1:58 am

time for old style to break ground with the 42 ounce then.
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 1:59 am

erica you should post the link you got that from. i would be like to read the rest and look for the email addy's of those fine people.
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 2:35 am

bazooka joe likes 40 oz. of matt verdaray's "egg nog."
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 2:45 am

You drink six fo's of Jon's Cumdi Spencer, Jennifer.
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 8:11 am

huber bock.
Posted: Nov 19, 2005 9:19 pm

If you are visiting Arizona they do not accept out of state ID cards... It must be an out of state DRIVERS LICENCE. In other words you have to drive to drink.

Fuck Steel... EVIL EYE!!!
(actually I love steel)

www.40ozmaltliquor.com/evileye.html
Posted: Nov 19, 2005 9:32 pm

The whole website is actually pretty incredible.
Posted: Nov 20, 2005 12:08 am

Steel reserve Two by Fours 92 cents at the gypsy mart....a staple 6.0 alcohol by volume cant beat high gravity 211
Posted: Nov 20, 2005 12:41 am

If you are visiting Arizona they do not accept out of state ID cards... It must be an out of state DRIVERS LICENCE. In other words you have to drive to drink.

No shit, my wife had a friend in town from Texas during the Reigning Sound show and they wouldn't let her in even w/ an out of state DRIVERS LICENCE. They said it looked fake, she had to hang out in the underage section all night, she was like 30 years old, retarded. Goes for bands too I guess some of the Detroit Cobras were having trouble getting served. Fucking retarded.
Posted: Nov 20, 2005 1:04 am

That's fucked up. The average age of a Detroit Cobras is more tham me and my guitar players age at least by 4 years too.
Posted: Nov 20, 2005 3:45 am

Ban the 40 oz

Boo hoo. No alkihol for boozy. Cry about it, baby.
Posted: Nov 20, 2005 4:14 am

but you can still by a case of beer? or an entire fucking KEG of beer.
OOOoo-K
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®