these are some cards that killed me back in the day:

Enrique ROmo-1983 FLeer
Mario Ramirez- 83 Topps
Bob Owchinko- 82 Topps ( i think..)
Wayne Krenchiki- 87 Fleer
Bake McBride- 81 or 82 Fleer
Jose Oquendo -86 topps traded
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 7:43 am

When I was a kid I sent away for autographed baseball cards. That is, I would get ahold of their P.O. Box or address, send them a card, and ask to get it back autographed. I hope that shit's all done with a machine and not worth any money, because some of it was like Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds..........and i threw them out.
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:15 am

Yeah, most of the big stars had machines to do them. Or wife, kids, personal assistant, etc. Sad when friends would see your folder years after trading and they'd tell you they signed that Kevin Seitzer rookie card. KBD COA!
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 6:20 pm

you fools don't even have my rookie card?
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 6:42 pm

i used to snort blow off of your rookie card, with Gary Sheffeild.
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 9:13 pm | Edited by: dan gerous

Greg Jefferies, Joe Charboneau, Phil Plantier, Todd Van Poppel, Pat Listach, Jerome Walton, Kevin Maas, Albert Belle, Roberto Kelly, Gregg Olson, Ron Kittle, Kevin Mitchell, Dan Pasqua, Delino DeShields, Wally Joyner
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 9:26 pm

Rick Sutcliff.
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm

mike laga - 1987 topps - pink cardinals jersey
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm

and billy ripken Fuck Face card.
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:07 pm

Chris Sabo.... 'nuff said!
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:07 pm

1976 Topps Kurt Bevacqua bubbleblowing champ card
1981 'Fernand' Valenzuela
Anything with Bruce Sutter or Lamar Hyot on it
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:10 pm

I used to collect baseball cards as a kid...I was at my grandfather's house looking thru them and my grandfather asked why "they were all coons".
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:16 pm

the whole 1982 "In Action" series and cards with Tippy Martinez.
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Mr. E, your grandpa is hillarious. Did you know the MLB is at its lowest number of african americans since the 60's? Turns out they just don't play baseball, instead opting for hoops and pigskin.

Tough card to get for me was Ron Schueler on the White Sox TOPPS 78, I believe. And then the toughest hockey cards to get were the first year of the WHA merging with the NHL....I spent a years worth of paper route money trying to get Rogie Vachon and Butch Goring!
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:49 pm

I've got a whole album full of Ryne Sandberg cards somewhere.
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:54 pm

and billy ripken Fuck Face card.
I've got a color copy poster of that Billy Ripken card in my cubicle. Always good for a chuckle.

I always liked the Dave "Kong" Kingman card I had from when he played on the Giants. That dude's pants were insanely tight. "Kong" was 6'6", and even as a kid, I could tell that dude was packing some serious heat down there.
Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:55 pm

i used to snort blow off of your rookie card, with Gary Sheffeild.

i caught a home run ball in dodger stadium off of sheffield. he played left field where we were sitting and the next inning that fucker was too busy fixing his shoes to sign my ball. had some puerto rican with a blue wig sign it instead. gave the ball to my grandpa.
Posted: Nov 16, 2005 12:00 am

i've got a minor league baseball card somewhere....this dude is posed in th epicture with the bat across this shoulder, 666 is written on the bottom of the bat.
Posted: Nov 16, 2005 12:56 am

Chris Sabo.... 'nuff said!
damn you Dan..!!!! I'll raise ya 10 Dwight Smith Chicago Cubs 89 score rookies for that Sabo..!! OR the infamous " Bo " Bo Jackson with football pads and baseball bat card. Becketts hot list 1990...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®