Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / arrested development...cancelled
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 6:03 am

fucking typical. go watch america's top model you fucking squares. or fat nanny or whatever....
another brilliant show, gone
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 9:37 am

I know. This is fucked! The only hope is that it'll get picked up by Comedy Central or HBO. But I guess it's really expensive to produce. So, yeah, fuck.
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 3:07 pm

yet fox hasnt cancelled that fucking awful show that's on after the simpsons!? christ i hate that show! the one with micheal rappaport, or whatever the fuck his name is...
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 10:23 pm

Sucks.

Incredible show. Ahead of its time.

I find it surprising that a show that averages 5 million viewers an episode is deemed a failure.
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 11:58 pm

they always kill the brilliant shows. pisses me off because this is one of the few shows that doesn't make me want to hurl on my shoes.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 12:54 am

go watch america's top model you fucking squares.

That is entirely unneccesary. Blame Fox.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 4:10 am

you know what? i apologize...that was intended as a verbal swipe at anybody on here....i'm a believer there's nothing lamer than an internet shit talker. more of a chastising of the general public....
i blame fox about 70% on this....no fucking advertising whatsoever. during the world series i saw nothing but prisonbreak and pamela andersons' show (good luck with that one, fox).
anybody who has the second season dvd, in the 'bloopers' section there's a part where david cross is ripping on fox for fucking up their show.
so once again, sorry...it was the first 'reality' show that came to mind. and it does suck.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 5:53 am

Not that this show wasn't good and all, but the idea was more ahead of it's time when they did it before as 'Soap'.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 8:12 am

at least That 70's Show is still on... no, wait... That 70's Show sucks
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 4:23 pm

Posted: Nov 14, 2005 4:42 pm

This MLB playoffs is a pretty good theory--baseball in general ruins ratings. We listen to sports radio here in Portland and when the Seattle Mariners start their season (thankfully and usually brief), every single game prempts whatever else could be on, like a local basketball game or a really good football matchup. And they are a Washington team, I mean, FUCK Washington!

I like the MLB playoffs but all the prime time interruptions has got to play havoc with a new fall lineup.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 5:50 pm | Edited by: Matthew

playoffs fucked up the OC somethin awful but it's back in full swing now. (b/c I know everyone cares so much)

Arrested Development is one of those shows I thought I was supposed to like but it actually kinda blows but compared to most else on tv it's only Category 2 blowage.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 5:55 pm

I have to admit I agree--I was hoping for better. It is no Curb Your Enthusiasm or Extras. I felt myself doing some forced laughter.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 6:10 pm

i can and can't fucking believe that! taste the sad!
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 6:12 pm

I actually think Extras is kind of a disappointment.....I don't like Gervais doing the straight man routine....

The current season of Arrested Development is pretty damn funny....

"del-i-cious"......
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 6:20 pm

Extras is no The Office but definitely has its moments. His characted is not as over-the-top as David Brent but there are some insane bits--like when he went to the Catholic Prayer Group.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 7:52 pm

Curb Your Enthusiasm is unstoppable!
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 8:39 pm

I felt that Arrested Development was a Fox-quality Curb Your Enthusiasm...the camera work, the overthetop ridiculousness of everyday life, crazy fool vs. straight man who was also "crazy"...it was definitely not the worst on network TV by ANY means, but CYE is on HBO, where greatness is always safe.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 8:47 pm

curb your enthusiasm IS unstoppable! thirty minutes of non-stop hilarity. what happened in that newest episode was totally predictable, but you can't help but laugh.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 8:57 pm

I saw the other night on the SNL thing NBC had on where they mentioned Larry David. He was a writer for SNL and considered a failure. They told him he did not know how to write comedy and fired him.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 9:11 pm

Did you see that pic of Larry David with that "hair" on the SNL thing? It was crazy! This new season of CYE has been pretty dissapointing. Bring back Crazy Eyez Killah!
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 9:15 pm

If it's one thing SNL knows, it's good comedy!

I was always surprised by how much Arrested Development got away with on network. I'm gonna miss it. Fuck Fox. Actually, no, 24 rules. I still love Fox.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®