Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / killers on tv the other night
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 12:16 am

did anyone catch the killers on austin city limits yesterday? i didn't know who they were. figured they were the stokes or something since they have those indie fag looks. the leader plays on a silver keyboard with lights all around it and wore a silver suit jacket. they were playing some song that said "i love indie rocknroll" a whole bunch. total douchebags. after that song the leader said "1 more song." the crowd of teensters were all like "damn, we're disappointed. we want to hear more of your shitty music" the band was all wooden and looked like they were bored and in it for the money. yeah. killers suck.
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 12:37 am

That lead singer guy (Brandon something) is the Dennis DeYoung of the 21st Century. No joke. I saw them at the Daisy cuz I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and you're right, they have zero stage presence besides the singer, who, as we've established, is a douche.
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 1:11 am

i fucking hate them
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 1:57 am

is the Dennis DeYoung of the 21st Century

hahahahahahahhaahha
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 9:08 am

A.) First off, I thought this thread was going to be about the noir movie, not the band.

B.) 14 minutes and 23 seconds....14 minutes and 24 seconds...14 minutes and 25 seconds....
Posted: Nov 13, 2005 8:18 pm

I saw one of my neighbours wearing a Killers t-shirt, she's seven. I thought that was an appropriate fanbase, I remember liking Wham at that age, afterall.
Posted: Nov 14, 2005 2:19 pm

Posted: Nov 15, 2005 10:54 am

Wham

what;s that song? double whammy or whatever? that shit's rad. and totally stupid as well but in a great way. i wanna cover that.
Posted: Nov 16, 2005 10:46 pm

Arent they from las vegas? Maybe B.J. knows them?
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 2:25 pm

did anyone catch the killers on austin city limits yesterday? i didn't know who they were. figured they were the stokes or something since they have those indie fag looks. the leader plays on a silver keyboard with lights all around it and wore a silver suit jacket. they were playing some song that said "i love indie rocknroll" a whole bunch. total douchebags. after that song the leader said "1 more song." the crowd of teensters were all like "damn, we're disappointed. we want to hear more of your shitty music" the band was all wooden and looked like they were bored and in it for the money. yeah. killers suck.
don something) is the Dennis DeYoung of the 21st Century. No joke. I saw them at the Daisy cuz I wanted to see what
nnis DeYoung of the 21st Century

B.) 14 minutes an

I rememb
t song? double whammy or whatever? that shit's rad. and totally stupid as well but in a great way. i wanna cover
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 3:17 pm

This was a myspace bulletin a couple days ago:

and just a note, this band was 'put together' by a high profile manager in san francisco, he was looking for a boy band style rock band when this band started. this info comes from a reputable source who does business with that manager today.

ok...the story...
==
Tongues are wagging over a recent commotion at Art Bar, the new downtown hipsters enclave in Las Vegas.

The 3 a.m. crowd on Nov. 7 noticed something different right away about the three guys who walked in and headed for the pool tables.

"One looks like a Jimmy Page impersonator, one's pretty nondescript (but in a hip way!), and the last looks like a member of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," bartender Matt Sorvillo recalled in a blog.

"Sgt. Pepper" was wearing a dark green, plush woman's overcoat, complete with broach, wrote Sorvillo.

While Sorvillo was waiting for someone in the party to approach the bar, his female boss struck up a conversation.

Sorvillo noticed the nondescript member of the trio was now at the bar, "when the baby-faced one, dressed like Dame Edna, hollers 'Hey, you mind serving my friend?' in a not-so-polite way."

Long story short, Sorvillo asked for identification upon serving three beers, and " 'Sergeant Pepper' ignores me and walks away. I repeat myself. He says he's not drinking."

Sorvillo sticks to his guns. He served three beers; he needs three ID's.

"Sgt. Pepper" says "c'mon," adding he didn't mean to be a male body part, "but you were ignoring my friend."

No, said Sorvillo, he wasn't ignoring anyone, he was talking to his boss, and he still needed ID's

"Finally, Sergeant Pep admits he doesn't (have an ID). The beers go back on ice and I tell them they have to go. Being a sailor (aboard a Yellow Submarine) and not willing to take any shit from a lowly barkeep, Pepper does what any self-respecting military man would do. He complains to my boss," using X-rated language.

The trio "got pouty... grumbled, huffed and puffed, and stormed out the door. And in one final act of rebellion, 'Jimmy Page' knocked all the fliers next to the door off the shelf, and all over the floor."

Sorvillo's boss, a smallish woman, chased the trio to their SUV in the parking lot, yelling for them not to come back, he wrote.

When Sorvillo went back behind the bar, a regular leaned in and asked , "Do you realize who those guy were?"

"Those were The Killers," said the patron.

Sorvillo told me Monday that he went online, "pulled up their pictures, and it was them."

They have stopped in several times, Art Bar co-owner Jesse Garon said Monday.
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 3:47 pm

And as I told the person who posted that, "So basically these douches are just apeing every other random 20-something wannabe rock n roller in every two bit scene in the USA right now."

It seems that all these young bitches are using Marlon Brando in The Wild One as an archetype once again. Morons.
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 3:56 pm

Killers is my favorite Paul Di'Anno-era Maiden album
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 3:58 pm

bazooka joe is gay.
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 3:59 pm

Wanna hang out?
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 4:09 pm

"i love indie rocknroll"

indie and rocknroll don't belong next to each other... how did my older brother ever turn out to be an indie douche idiot?
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 4:14 pm

maybe he's gay.
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 5:35 pm

That lead singer guy (Brandon something) is the Dennis DeYoung of the 21st Century
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Art Bar, the new downtown hipsters enclave in Las Vegas.

Bullshit! By the grace of god people are actually still hoing there. It'll be a ghosttown in a few months due to lame ass management.
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 5:36 pm

HAHAHA! I meant going, but ho-ing is true as well.
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 5:36 pm

people are actually still hoing there.

Of course, it's Vegas!
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 5:41 pm

The Art Bar actually has two Erasure cds on the jukebox. Hipster?? Uh, no..
The Downtown Gaysters enclave is more like it. Hey! You'd fit right in Joe.
Posted: Nov 17, 2005 5:42 pm

Whos' side are you on anyway? Dang.
Posted: Nov 18, 2005 4:57 am

worst shit ever.

I long for the days when Vegas was known for college basketball and not shitty MTV bands.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®