Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / KING KHAN & BBQ SHOW show tuesday 10/25 Buccaneer 9pm
Posted: Oct 12, 2005 12:34 am | Edited by: eric o

Heroic heroes return from a heroic tour of Brazil
for a pre-rockening rock-out-a-thon!

The goal: start early, play late!

KING KHAN & BBQ SHOW
with Reigning Sound
live at THE BUCCANEER
Tuesday, Oct 25
starts at 10 pm
Seven Dollars

Wanna help spread the word? Here's the flyer:
http://www.goner-records.com/index/calendar/KK-BBQ-Buc-Show-flyergif.g if

... download it, print it at work, put it up in the break room, Art Dept, bus stop, your refrigerator, pin it to Andy's back, get a tattoo of it at Underground Art (*good for free admission!), put it up at your favorite sandwich shop, etc etc etc.

Do not miss the unofficial start of a week of ROCK and ROCKENING!null
Posted: Oct 12, 2005 1:28 am

that flyer is great. i will be there, put my travel expenses on khan's tab.
Posted: Oct 12, 2005 1:44 am

sounds like a pretty fucking good deal to me. :)
Posted: Oct 12, 2005 6:50 pm

That's a big 10-4, kevin.
Posted: Oct 17, 2005 11:09 pm

i heard a rumor that this was gonna be their only memphis show......are they still playing on saturday too?
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 7:54 pm

i'm hearing the 29th too, eric. . . which is it???
Posted: Oct 18, 2005 8:00 pm

Jswill OMB / America's Child should play!!
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 10:37 pm

They will be playing Tues. at the Bucc., and Sat. at the Hi-Tone as part of the Rockening.
Posted: Oct 20, 2005 10:52 pm

Jswill OMB / America's Child would be great... mini-death culters!
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 2:00 am

Coincidently enough, we asked Mr. Swill already and he seemed kinda into it. Maybe Eric knows more...?
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 2:02 am

And the Tuesday show will be the longer, more ridiculous set with new songs and shit if anyone is around. Saturday should be really cool, just shorter and perhaps more subdued?
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 2:09 am

You know, there's something to be said about "more subdued." I've seen the B'lips play like this at Maxwell's and it was really really great. Kinda intimate like. It really works when you've been acclimated to the freakouts and you get surprised with "music." It might not go over as well with those who haven't seen the freakouts and wanna see it, but do whatcha like.
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 2:26 am

i said 'perhaps more subdued' not 'half-assed and boring'. just wanna change it up a bit. we're not as crazy as the black lips onstage, anyway. and, yes, their songs are awesome, so it must be cool to also see a calmer show.
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 2:58 am

Memphis reaps the benefits of yet another hurricane! Due to cancelations in Florida the Reigning Sound will be playing Tuesday October 25th with the King Khan/BBQ show!
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 3:05 am

i think i'm gonna have to go.
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 3:30 am

i said 'perhaps more subdued' not 'half-assed and boring'

I didn't say that either! That's it, you and me mofo, flagpole, Nov. 11th.
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 4:10 pm | Edited by: eric o

from the brazilian jungle, King khan says it's a go!

GO GO GO!
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 7:50 pm

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. i was already gonna go and the fact that the reigning sound is playing now makes it even better.
Posted: Oct 21, 2005 11:45 pm

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AS WE HAVE VERY LITTLE TIME AND SO MUCH ROCK FOR THE NEXT WEEK!

REIGNING SOUND STARTS @ 10pm - songs for the working peoples.

KK BBQ SHOW ALL NIGHT LONG - sounds for the insane.

and maybe that rockin' swill OMB / America's Child in betweens... ?????

DON't BE LATE & MISS THE REIGNING SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 22, 2005 3:11 pm

Goddamn!! Now the woman is gonna try and make me leave before the KK and BBQ Show is done. Christ. Maybe I can convince her to sleep in the van. Who needs sleep to work two jobs?
Posted: Oct 22, 2005 5:01 pm

Now the woman is gonna try and make me leave before the KK and BBQ Show is done.

d.i.v.o.r.c.e.
Posted: Oct 24, 2005 3:06 am

RS new bass player better learn how to play Tennessee. they wouldnt play it in North Carolina.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 8:17 am

so are king khan and bbq still playing? i saw posts on myspace about border problems.....
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 9:20 am

As of right now it looks iffy. Possibly just Khan. The Reigning Sound is in 100%.
Posted: Oct 25, 2005 7:42 pm

any update about bbq?
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 12:03 am

Sooo I heard that BBQ got deported? Is it that they won't let him back in the states ? Or that they kicked him out? Are they booting him all the way back to Brazil ? ......... I'm concerned.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 12:44 am

REDANDO BEAT IS PLAYING.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 12:50 am

now jeff says he won't ride up with me.......i dunno if i wanna go by myself......who's going tonight?
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 12:59 am

All of us youngsters will be there. Myself and I think all of the Chinks are going.
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 1:12 am

i was at a visitation/funeral all weekend.....i really want to go hang out and get drunk, but it sucks having to make that 1.5 hour drive by myself.....especially at 3am when i'm drunk!
Posted: Oct 26, 2005 2:26 am

ok.....i've decided to stay home, drink vodka, and clean my house......see you guys on thursday!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®