Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / London Goners! Sonic Reducer NOLA benefit - this Saturday!
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 10:29 am

Sonic Reducer @ Filthy MacNasty's - New Orleans hurricane relief benefit!

Like millions around the globe, Sonic Reducer club honchos Bigkegshandy and
Teen Slain have been left "shocked, and stunned"by the devastation wreaked
by hurricane Katrina upon the beautiful city of NewOrleans.

Saturday September 10th will see Sonic Reducer hold its first night at new
home Filthy MacNasty's, and will feature a hefty dose of the finestNew
Orleans/Louisiana-spawned funk and soul 45s, in tribute to the indomitable
spirit of the Crescent City. Fats Domino, Allan Toussaint, the Nevilles,
Dave Bartholomew, and other New Orleans music greats have (thankfully)
survived this disaster, but other Big Easy notables (including Bobby
Charles, Chuck Carbo, Cosimo Matassa, Frankie Ford, and local resident Alex
Chilton)remain missing at the time of writing.

During this Saturday's shindig, a voluntary collection will be made for the
Trinity Parish Church Episcopal Discretionary Fund,a non-governmental
organisation which is already helping New Orleans'
rock'n'roll community in rebuilding their lives.

So come on down to Filthy's, have a drink, a dance, check out the vintage
footage on the big screen, and drop some change in the bucket. After all, it
don't cost owt to get in ...

See you at the bar ...

Selah

Joss & Joe

-----------------

Sonic Reducer At Filthy MacNasty's
Twice A Month
Saturdays
7-11pm
Free
68 Amwell Street EC1
Tube: Angel
Tel: 7837 6067

Dates: Sept 10th & 24th, Oct 15th & 29th ... Special guest DJs to be
announced ...
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 1:17 pm

This charming reply to our Sonic Reducer email, giving details of Saturday's NOLA collection, proves that there are also arseholes outside DC's Oval orofice:

"Why are you sending money to the richest country in the world -
responsible for murdering thousands in Iraq, South America and many other places. Dickhead"

If you'd like to point out the error of this person's ways, why not drop them a line at bagofbones99@hotmail.com? I'm sure they'd LOVE to hear from some of Katrina's victims ...
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 5:59 pm

I'd e-mail, but I'm kind of busy lighting my Labor Day bbq with $100 bills.

Don't know if anybody told you, BigKegShandy, but, thank you.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 2:30 pm | Edited by: BigKegShandy

Aw, fuckin' 'ell Jack, what else we gonna do? Ignore it? Let's face facts, most Goners (wherever they may be) ain't corporate types, live in rented accomodation without contents insurance, just about make it from paycheck to paycheck, and try & do summat creative with their spare time (while not getting drunk & wasted) ... If me and Nadia lost everything, and had a government like yours (and ours is catching up, fast) which probably won't ever help out the working/lower middle class population of NOLA with rebuilding their lives, we'd hope y'all would reciprocate as best you could ... It could be London underwater in a few years, y'know, if Bush don't sign the Kyoto treaty (which ain't enuff, anyhoo) ...
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 2:36 pm

I'd e-mail, but I'm kind of busy lighting my Labor Day bbq with $100 bills.

you use $100 bills too? they really bring out the flavor in iraqi and south american babies, don't you think?
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 4:11 pm

... Only if you marinade them in petrol first. Ho, ho ...
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 4:27 pm

marinade them in petrol first

We have it available in regular, plus, and premium freedom flavors...
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 4:58 pm

Which one BURNS the brightest?
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 5:01 pm

Roman candles, really...

That's starting to get under my skin a little bit now. I may craft a well-worded letter later...
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 9:33 pm

let's not forget the corupt Democratic Party hacks in control of Southern Louisiana, dipping their hands in the money supposed to go towards flood control....I worked for the NOLA Levee Board for 5 years, and I saw it first hand.
I got my probs. with Bush(esp. after this), but the Left's crocodile tears are just a front for a grab at political capital.
Posted: Sep 6, 2005 10:08 pm

I wouldn't count them out either, goubler, I'm a lot more conservative than you'd think, really. Just never been a fan of Bush or his family (on up to his grand-daddy), and I've been watching close a long time. I tried to quit the politc posts for a bit, but this last week drove me crazy.
Posted: Sep 7, 2005 2:59 pm

Go, Jack, go!
Posted: Sep 9, 2005 5:51 pm

The Islington Gazette, the local freesheet, is sending along a photographer and will do a piece all on the Goner fund benefits! Thanks to Theresa K for the info on exactly which bands outta NOLA are being helped by the fund ...
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 1:19 am

Well, we raised 130, which I reckon equates to around $250, so that wuzz kool ... Peeps had a good time, and filed the bucket ... We'll be sendingy'all the money via PayPa tomorrow - too darndrunk now .. Hope it helps some ... Much love to y'all! Joss & Joe & Nadia (special guest DJ) xxx
Posted: Sep 11, 2005 10:51 pm

Bugger, my old iMac keeps causing "encryption error" when I try to use PayPal, will have to send in the $$$s from my computer at work tomorrow, apologies for the delay, folks!!
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 3:22 am

THANKS MAN!

glad y'all had a good time!

will definitely help folks get back on track!
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 10:14 am

Just sent thru the $$$s, the 130 equates to $243.89 ...
Posted: Sep 12, 2005 5:04 pm

Got pissed with Operation S whilst listening to Billy Idol, then went to a place where they played '60's records', then got confused on the night bus and walked far too far to get home. Next time!
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 1:02 pm | Edited by: BigKegShandy

You great pooftah! Seriously, Mr Ho, it was a great nite! Next up for the SR crew is DJing at our pals Tim Rogers (You Am I) & Nick Barker's gig at the Borderline next Tuesday (20th), which will involve much spinning of Psycho Surgeons, Missing Links, Saints, Victims, Masters Apprentices, Easybeats, and other Aussie killah-dillahs, plus serious drinking ...

Speaking of The Saints, we's currently talking to singer Chris 'Fattie' Bailey about being our guest DJ at Sonic Reducer on the 24th! Now THAT will be a good night!

Will you be in Memphis on the 24th, Guy, or en Londinium?
Posted: Sep 13, 2005 4:46 pm

I am indeed a tremendous pooftah, but you'll have to give Eric Ulcer some of the blame for our missing your (rather early-finishing) nite. If he hadn't lured myself and a pack of French rockers/rockeuses back to his Stokey pad, and inflicted his records/pasta/red wine upon us, chances are we'd have made it. Still at least we missed the almost certainly dire bands at the Dirty Losers Club.

I'll be in Memphis from the 21st for a week. Don't tell any burglars.
Posted: Sep 14, 2005 10:30 am

I don't know any burglars, they always wear ski masks ... OK, so Ulcer's to blame, is he? Damn & blast Eric's pasta-making abilities!

Don't forget to pick me up two Soulsville USA bumper stickers, eh? And send everyone our love (L.U.V.) ...

Go, 'ho, go!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®