Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / NYC won't have Jami Wolf to kick around anymore party at Magnetic Field Sat 8/13
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 4:28 pm

JAMI WOLF'S GOING AWAY BASH!!!

Saturday Aug 13

SHOP FRONTS - last show for a WHILE....
DC SNIPERS
WEEKENDERS
LIVE FAST DIE - 1st OFFICIAL SHOW!!
CHANDLER AND THE CHASERS - ONE-OFF SHOW!
at Magnetic Field - 97 Atlantic Avenue betw Henry and Hicks
FREE!!!!

EARLY SHOW!!!
Doors 5PM, 1st band 5:30
Free BBQ
Drink Specials!!!
tons of DJs takin turns at the decks...

this will be a party folks!!! a special gig...one of the scene's biggest rockers is heading off to GRAD SCHOOL!!! Washington DC to be exact.

SHOP FRONTS - New single on Noma Beach records MIGHT be ready for the gig! This will be our last gig for a while...

DC SNIPERS - the sister, brother, or freaky cousin band of Shop Fronts join us for this special gig

WEEKENDERS - they gotta new bass player and some killer new tunes with all the hooks

LIVE FAST DIE - NYC's secret weapon. Ethan Action has re-surfaced as a long lost cousin of GG Allin...sssshhhhhhhhhhhh...

CHANDLER and the CHASERS - Michael Chandler (RAUNCH HANDS) is in town for a few weeks and he and Mitro have worked out some killer new rocknroll tunes.

after the bands - we're going to play the new Rapid Pulse comp "Let's Have Some God Damn Fun" while we do just that
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 4:36 pm

Posted: Aug 8, 2005 8:29 pm

Come back Jami!
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 5:46 pm

More info on new NYC comp from Rapid Pulse. We'll be spinning this after the bands, probably about 9:30 or so...

http://www.undergroundmedicine.com/rapidweb/
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 7:03 pm

Good luck with leaving NY Jami!

Im from Australia and want to come to NY, to play music - can anyone give me any advice on the NY music thing

Are there any forums specifically for the NY Music scene?
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 7:04 pm

http://www.wonsphreely.com

o my email is wonsp@yahoo.com

thanks for any help
(:
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 10:23 pm

Jami, don't forget me when you're gone! Come back to chicago! love,M
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 10:39 pm

M: How could i ever forget you!!!!! If you ever come out to DC, you know you have a place to stay---I will actually have room for guests!!!

Anyhow, i really hope that people can make it out on saturday.........*sniff*
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 10:48 pm

I will keep that in mind! I've never been to our nation's capital! Hope your show is good...
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 2:02 am

from now on all bands will have to make special stops in DC just to keep Jami entertained.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm going to need some support on Saturday as well, since my partner in crime is moving :(. NYC just won't be the same without you, Jami.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:07 pm

Getting very emotional right now............
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:09 pm

Can I kick you around tomorrow?
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:17 pm

Remeber when I was your roommate for three weeks? That was cool. Then that Steel Xapped Thunder-cat came along and fucked everything all up. Is Timmy excited to move?
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 5:38 pm

I do remember...how could I forget? You were like a roaming tornado, drunkenly stomping on my Troggs tribute record! ANyhow, Timmy is stoked to have more room and three windows instead of one.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 6:46 pm

yeah! then eric kotex quit the snipers too! his deadbeat traitor ass is piggy-backin' jami's going-away-parday to get his own fare-thee-well. its a chain reaction! but there is no overshadowing ms. wolf's dramatic exit. she is a one of a kind, irreplaceable beauty scream queen!

maybe all of this quitting will rub off on bazooks and he'll quit being such a turd.

methinks fat chance!!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 8:57 pm

I love chicken and rice.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 9:57 pm

i'm not sure if i can make it -- my new synthy art-phag later-era gang of four meets duran duran collective is playing a super secret loft party in williamsburg
we're called the Holmgrens
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:07 pm

sounds crucial!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:10 pm

Who the fuck is ChickenNRice???

Dammit! The mystery is killing me. It's either Paddy or Chris. DAMMIT!
Posted: Aug 13, 2005 3:10 pm

Paddy wouldn't dare call me a turd.
Posted: Aug 13, 2005 6:01 pm

did eric really quit the snipers?
Posted: Aug 13, 2005 6:16 pm

Did he? I guess we'll find out today. That would stink. He's a born DC Sniper.
Posted: Aug 13, 2005 6:43 pm

Yeah, Eric quit the 'Snipes. Hopefully he'll play today. One last hurrah.
Posted: Aug 14, 2005 7:21 am

i'll replace him
Posted: Aug 14, 2005 4:16 pm

Alls ya gotta do is bleach your hair and tuck your dingaling in between your legs!

He wound up playing yesterday.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 5:10 pm

I just want to say thank you very much to everyone who came out on saturday! what a blast!!! Also, thanks to everyone who supported shop fronts along the way! we appreciate it!!!!!!
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 6:03 pm

fun night! jamie, good luck with school. pisces women rule!
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 6:11 pm

And smell like fish.
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 7:25 pm

I have a RARE, HoZac punk, ltd edition KBD keyboard amplifier left behind by former DC Sniper keys-master Eric Kotex.

I scored it the next day at the club....total find!

bidding starts at $900...this is a once in a lifetime chance to own a piece of Jersey rock history...
Posted: Aug 15, 2005 8:55 pm

Shit, I did leave it there, didn't I? Give it back!

Actually, give it to Danny Darryl Boston. I think I sold it to him for beer money that night.
Posted: Aug 16, 2005 6:02 pm

fun night indeed. Too bad I missed the WHOLE SHOW by showing up at 9pm. I was unaware that shows in NYC now start at 5pm. Fantastic. Still had fun.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®