Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / CoCoComa/Jeffrey Novak 1MB/Rat Traps CHICAGO THIS WEDNESDAY!!!
Posted: Aug 1, 2005 6:16 pm

Playing at the Subterranean....
This Wednesday, August 3rd!
Come see us play our latest & greatest high-profile opening slot showcase!
THIS TIME we're 1st of a 5 man bill! 9PM sharp!!
Posted: Aug 2, 2005 9:23 pm

TOMORROW!...

anyone?...

anyone?.....

damn.
Posted: Aug 2, 2005 9:57 pm

requested this night off from the night job. request denied. i'd be able to get there around midnight, who's headlining?
Posted: Aug 2, 2005 10:29 pm

S.L.A. (Sonic Love Affair, from Sacramento) and the Crude were added on the bill a couple of weeks ago above the Rat Traps, J.Novak 1MB, & us... so SLA will probably be on by that time....
Posted: Aug 2, 2005 10:31 pm

A band from California called Sonic Love Affair (they have a myspace page)... they seem to um, still want to RAWK!
Posted: Aug 2, 2005 10:36 pm

JINX...ya jerk
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 4:29 am | Edited by: clif

i actually like the SLA single. They cover Reverberation and Bad Attitude. Sound more DMZ than Rawk to me, but what the fuck do I know?

Nothing, that's what!
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 3:09 pm

Hmmm, not really what came to mind from the songs I heard but that would be great...
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 7:46 pm

Again - That's TONIGHT people...
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 8:13 pm

will it REALLY start at 9 sharp! (or close to)
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 8:22 pm

fuck. i'll try. school shit getting in the way of this. bill, don't blow your wad. remember you have to 'train' thursday night. and it's the smog show.......sorry.
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 8:27 pm

He's been making me show my ID everytime I come home...worry not Arman, he's ready!
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 8:39 pm

you guys have a bar stool by your front door?
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 8:53 pm

we do now.
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 8:54 pm

yes, and he's also been practicing the Trademark "arms crossed bored look" he's getting quite good.
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 8:56 pm

You said you were working till 3:30 you SLACKER!!! You are SOOO Busted!!!
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 9:14 pm

i'll let you cry on my shoulder during smog, arman.
you know you'll want to.

*free hugs*
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 9:19 pm

However, lapdances are STILL $40.....
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 9:38 pm

bill, you should buy a case of beer and run laps up and down your stairs with it. hunched over to simulate the cramped basement. strain your back out now rather than 6 months from now.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 2:20 pm

JNOMB ruled!! Just great punk songs that don't suffer from only having one man.
Rat Traps were great too.
The Crude were as lousy as their band name.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 4:52 pm

I retract my statment about SLA they were real good and real nice guys.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 5:26 pm

I missed this. Fuck.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 8:22 pm

Thanks to all who came out...it was fun...them Rat Traps is good peoples...go see 'em youse jerks....
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 8:52 pm

Oh geez, get a room.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 9:07 pm

Well they DID sleep over.....OOOH La La....
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 12:03 am

I missed this. Fuck.

me too. fuck.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 3:05 pm | Edited by: kermitthefrog

I missed this. Fuck.

me too. fuck.

so did i. i almost got off the train at damen but it was already past 12 so i said screw it and rode to western. i was leaning against the bus shelter with my headphones on and reading a book while waiting for the bus on western. this homeless, 50s-ish looking african american man with cloudy heroin eyes ambled up to me. i slid off my headphones and started reaching for my cigarettes even before he asked his question. "how are you tonight? would it be possible to buy a cigarette from you?" i said i was fine and that he could have one for free. he looked at me and said "thanks. hey man, i care. i care about you man." as he walked off. i told him thanks, wished him a good night and thought the guy was a fucking nut. i went back to my book and slipped the headphones back on, the spits "she don't kare" was on. i don't think the headphones were loud enough for the guy to hear it, certainly aren't loud enough over the sound of traffic on western avenue, so i wonder- was it coincidence or a case of a junkie with hightened aural powers?

that's what was happening with me while this show was going on.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 5:59 pm

Me three. Balls.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 7:16 pm

I saw it and the rat traps were indeed great. Jeff Novak is doing the most intense OMB out there. CoCOComas were great too. No comment on the other bands.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 4:16 am

gotta see them COCOCOMAS! sorry the memphis thing didn't work out.... when can you come down and rock it! dutch masters are ready for the rock!!!!
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 7:21 am

Eric - pick a Saturday nite & we'll be there....

unh!
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 4:58 pm

cococomas were probably the best new band i heard on tour......when are you guys gonna make some records?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®