KING LOUIE ONE MAN BAND

8pm doors / 9pm-1am rock@ Hi Tone
featuring
CoCoComa (Chicago, IL)
IMPALA (Memphis, TN)
KILLERS KISS (SF, CA)
KNAUGHTY KNIGHTS (Memphis, TN)
TOKYO ELECTRON (Tuscon, AZ)

------DETONATIONS could not make it due to displacement from Hurricane Katrina. Hopefully we can get them back soon. ------------------

Friday Sept 23 4-6pm Hot Dog cookout / Photo Reception* @ Goner
with classic punk rock & rock n roll pics from Theresa Kereakes.
and music from
JEFF EVANS & ROSS JOHNSON
and mystery guests

8pm doors / 9pm-2am rock @ Hi Tone
CARBONAS (Atlanta, GA)
HUMAN EYE (Detroit, MI)
LAMPS (LA, CA)
OVERNIGHT LOWS (Jackson, MS)
PERSUADERS (NO, LA)
REATARDS (Memphis, TN)

Saturday Sept 24
2-7 pm Rockathon / cookout @ Buccaneer
with
ANGRY ANGLES (Memphis,TN)
DIGITAL LEATHER (Tuscon, AZ)
DIRTY HO (London, UK)
PORCH HONKEES (Manitowoc, WI)
RAT TRAPS (Henderson, TN)
+ Special Guest

8pm doors / 9pm-2am rock @ Hi Tone
with
DEMONS CLAWS (Montreal, CA)
GOLDEN BOYS (Austin, TX)
DON HOWLAND'S BURNING BUSH (Asheville, NC)
JENNY JEANS (Oxford, MS)
LEATHER UPPERS (Vancouver, CA)
REIGNING SOUND (Asheville, NC)

Sunday Sept 25
2pm-5pm Memphis Mary Bloody Mary party @Goner
with
THE LIMES
(and maybe shrimp boil!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++\

MC JOE PESTILENCE for all nights @ Hi Tone

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tickets available soon & will be available online for the Hi Tone events.

10 bucks each night, or 25 for all three nights.

Thanks & Stay Tuned. See ya in Sept.
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 2:45 am

Can I still bring the goats?
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 3:12 am

Total. (As the Spits would say)

Yay on ALL of the additions!
THANKS!!! WHoo hoo!

Wow. KK, eh? I always wanted to see them, never heard 'em.....Eric?
Wow again. Great!
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 5:42 am

but saddly no spits, or oblivions =(
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 8:51 am

DIRTY HO (London, UK)

I don't think Guy was gonna actually kill you if you refused him. It probably wasn't worth the risk though.

GO THE HO!!!!!!!!

ps. possible (exclusive) appearance from PPTom avec le HO!!!
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 12:22 pm

what is the don howland band, bassholes without bim or something else?
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 5:13 pm

Guess it's a good thing that I'm cancelling my August vacation.... Fuck! I can't wait for this!!! Anyone down with the carpool action???

KC, doe sthat offer still stand??

Sherry, Knaughty Knights were fuckin' excellent at last years Blackout! Can't wait to see 'em again! Rich was killin' me with his shoutin' at the crowd callin' 'em "Assholes!"

Eric, this is fuckin' genius!! See you in September..... (isn't that one of those sappy ass 60s ditties??)
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 7:57 pm

Dan, we should shack up together, since I'll be traveling with newlyweds. And two other people would be nice\cheaper too!!
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 8:23 pm

Who? Dean 'n his lil' lady?? Start lookin' into hotel costs and let me know. I might be game dependin' on how much this shit's gonna cost me. I think I might take a bus down if'n I don't find a car pool.....
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 9:10 pm

Definately going this time, maybe the Snipes can record in Henderson.
Posted: Jul 17, 2005 10:30 pm

Yep. Dean's gettin hitched Sunday July 31 at Beerland with the Marked Men (yay) and more!!

The room is $50-65 night, (I'll message you with more), but we're gonna need two others. So step right up. I can guarantee we'll never run outta whiskey and I'll bring some Lonestar tallboys if that sweetens the deal.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 12:30 am

Damn, Sherry, you know how to warm a boy's heart with those Lonestars!!! We'll talk more details.....
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 12:34 am

mike sniper>>>you should totally plan to come a day early or stay a day late so you can come to henderson!! i bet jeff will do it for free......we could even do a dc traps/rat snipers recording!!!
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 12:56 am

mike sniper>>>you should totally plan to come a day early or stay a day late so you can come to henderson!! i bet jeff will do it for free......we could even do a dc traps/rat snipers recording!!!

Yeah, that'd be great, we can finally do that Sonic Assault record, and Joe and I can do a Kings of Saturday Night reunion.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 2:24 pm

dan, i just priced out a flight on american it's $273.90 round trip.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 3:23 pm

Kermit, too spensive for my budget... Bus is way cheaper plus you get all the fun of hangin' with the ex cons headin' to NOLA! HAHHA If anyone up here that's goin' though via car, can I throw in on gas and ride down???
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 3:52 pm

i don't have a car. i've got a schwinn you can borrow...
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Haha, he said "schwinn"!
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 4:48 pm

HAHHA! Nahhh, but thanks for the offer....
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 5:11 pm

but saddly no spits, or oblivions =(

Maybe it's best Oblivians Fever gets a little rest. Case in point:
http://www.myspace.com/texaschainsawmanicure

holy moly that's bad
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 5:18 pm

talk about european retarded!
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 5:38 pm

no dutchmasters?
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 7:15 pm

Black lips want to play via the telephone.

Eric what do you think?

I cant believe this is happening. It really should be in October!

I would love it if somebody would record the Persuaders show. I need to hear/see this.

over and out, Ian
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 7:40 pm

talk about european retarded!

Alicja, you've really started something here. Good on ya!
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 8:47 pm

A little golden birdie just told me something! Whoo-hoo!!
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 9:35 pm

A lil' birdie? Spill it....
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 9:35 pm

Oooooooh... I get it now.... I'm a tard
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 9:49 pm

Rev, tell me, tell me!!! I'm on Myspace if you need privacy...
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 9:50 pm

c'mon muddy it wasn't that subtle of a hint.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 10:31 pm

Oh my God!!! I really don't know what's going on.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Errrrr, is it an American thing? A golden bird is the symbol of...
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 10:34 pm

Does it have anything to do with Louie?
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 11:45 pm

Bundy's goin' cuz he's a rich bitch. Make sure you tell him that at every possible convenience.
Posted: Jul 18, 2005 11:59 pm

Golden Boys
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 12:02 am

*DINGDINGDING* Give this man a prize! What's it gonna be? A stuffed alligator for yer lil' lady friend here or a nice new wholegrain leather bullet belt??
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 12:04 am

Muddy. Sweetheart. You're a little on the high-maintenace side, eh?
The Golden Boys announced on thier MySpace profile they woould be playing Gonerfest. Eric has more (wonderful) updates & surprises, I'm sure, soon on all this and he will surely announce this and more soon enough...not a big deal, I was just saying I was happy about it.

Now. Go join the [url=http://www.myspace.com/thegoldenboys]Golden Boys[/ur] on MySpace and listen to their (sweet-sweet) music.

Thankyouverymuch and no offense, Muddy, but you crack-me-the-fuck-up when you say "there's too much to read here, can you please tell me what's going on?"...now that is comedy.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 12:05 am | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Oops. I have got to quit crafting a response, get distracted, then hit send...oh well...there ya go-go.

Grrrr: Golden Boys
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 3:32 am

I've not heard anything by them. I don't think I have any of their records.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 8:43 am

MUdddddeeeee reead this again.

Now listen.

Can't wait to jab ya in-tha-ribs. I think you're gonna need it.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 8:50 am

P.S. A little sugar, rainbows and fuzzy bunnies by a few bonafide loverly whiskey-drinkin spacecadets wheel be reeel nice...
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 11:38 am

They sound good. By "sound" I mean by what I read. My computer's too slow to be able to listen to stuff on Myspace. I'll try adding them to my "friends" list though.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 2:28 pm

I wonder with Pestilence bein' down there if there's anyway to get Goubler there to for a Clickems reunion... That or another Funboys set.... Whaddaya say fellas??
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 4:39 pm

Joe's comin'. allright Joe Pestilence. Miss you pal. It'll be good to see you. If you need a place the offers always open.
Dan Too. I think the wife's dad is coming down for Gonerfest. That should be interesting. I warned him already that there will probably be others coming. He's pretty cool for an old guy. Fuck, there are alot of people coming that i've offered to put up in the past. Porch Honkees too. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife in person Brad. If you need a place let me know.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 4:50 pm

Is Ernie comin' this year. We've gotta get some good footage this year. Everybody. Zac and Eric need to start putting this stuff out on dvd.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 4:55 pm

Well, if there's a soundboard that I can connect to I'll record it... The way I've been recordin' is throught the matrix outputs via 2 mono plugs into a stereo.... Sound good?

KC, awesome. Can we get yer father in law shitfaced??
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:01 pm

another Funboys set

Funnyboys? Could ya do that without Jheri?
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:21 pm | Edited by: red state blues

he doesn't really drink now as he has eight adopted kids to look after, but the kids aren't coming so you never know. I just want to get him high.
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 5:38 pm

Dan! Boo!
Posted: Jul 19, 2005 6:50 pm

Sherry, we'll talk about this when the time gets closer and I know my budget.......... Plus I think Dean's stank ass is enough to discourage me too! HAHHAHAH j/k, but seriously though, we'll talk. Come on, it's like 2 months away....
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 2:15 am

hey guys and gals, I may have some crash space at my pad for gonerfest
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 7:59 am

Well if Dan-Dan is ditchin me (and cute boys don't take priority) a swell whiskey-drinkin Texas-lady like myself would be happy to spoon the shit outta you, whoah, I mean crash on your floor. I'm house-trained (till 5am, at least).
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 2:01 pm

hey guys and gals, I may have some crash space at my pad for gonerfest

i may need it. but i don't take up much room. you could prop me up in a broom closet if need be and that'd be fine with me.
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 4:54 pm

hey red, send Brad and I an e-mail. Like to know what kind of place you got. Send to amber-brad@lsol.net THANKS
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 5:06 pm

I'm on it.
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 5:24 pm

I'll send something to the Porch Honkees myspace page. Hardly check the e-mail anymore.
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 5:28 pm

ok thanks
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 8:01 pm

kermit, your already down with a spot, remember our deal
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 8:03 pm | Edited by: kermitthefrog

i remembered, weren't sure if you had. you're still coming to town in two weeks right?

edit in: and thanks!
Posted: Jul 20, 2005 8:47 pm

How much are motels? 25 mins. away is fine...
Posted: Jul 21, 2005 12:14 am

I'm sure you won't need a motel. Someone will put you up.
Posted: Jul 21, 2005 1:07 am

yeah i am planning on being there
Posted: Jul 21, 2005 7:24 pm

cheap. Motel 6 and Red Roof on Union are best bets for clean, cheap and close (5 minutes to Hi-Tone/7 minutes to Goner). I think one of those two was 39.99 a night last time we checked. Other was around $50 or so maybe? French Quarter is closer to both but got bad reviews last time round.
Posted: Jul 21, 2005 8:05 pm

French Quarter is closer to both but got bad reviews last time round.

I went to a wedding in Memphis 2 weeks ago. Most of the out of towners were staying at the FQ. The first night there, some of the wedding party didn't have water. When they mentioned it to the front desk, they said, "yeah, sometimes we turn the water off, it'll be back on in an hour or so". No apology.. Some other people didn't have any towels, they went to Ike's and bought beach towels. The next day, they were supplied with towels. Thirdly, K and I went there the day before the wedding brunch (the mother of the bride admitted she knew it would suck but said it was impossible to get a Saturday brunch in Memphis) and K went to ask whether the wedding brunch was to be there the next day. The reception lady said she didn't know, but she thought so. K said, really, I mean, would it be over there (indicating the general area), yes, the woman replied, I think there is a brunch there tomorrow, maybe for a wedding. The receptionist never made any effort to look it up. They also had a 12 yr old carrying the buffet trays full of hot eggs and sausage at the brunch, which I thought was a little janky. She was very professional, for 12.
Posted: Jul 21, 2005 9:07 pm

they were VERY janky at the French Quarter - cigarette burns in the "hot tubs" and pretty dirty. BUT oh my GOD their sausage gravy buscuits are BITCHIN
Posted: Jul 21, 2005 10:48 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

FYI: Motel 6 * Red Roof Inn

My rooms are reserved at Motel 6 - Union & Pauline (Motel 6 convieniently located next door to Walgreens & Tigermart) = $51.99 Fri&Sat, $45.99 Thurs&Mon. TTL = $195.96 + 16% tax (AAHH) = $226 / FOUR (hopefully) = $72 for Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun - leave Monday.

Red Roof Inn (about two blocks away) is a dollar cheaper for each night, but walking to get coffee (or tomato juice) next door in the AM nice and easy.

Oh yeah. If you're a rockstar I'm sure you have a place to stay. Pffft.
Posted: Jul 21, 2005 11:46 pm

Rainbow inn - 4 hrs will be enough. That will be 60 dollars.
Posted: Jul 21, 2005 11:54 pm

So wish I could go to this, but my unemployment checks are pretty small, oh well, it's certainly better than working!
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 12:25 am

My last two trips to memphis were funded by unemployment
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 3:02 am

My first trip to Memphis was funded by a combination of unemployment and the Blackout. {Thanks kerm, I promise I will repay you someday...)
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 11:18 am

That was your first trip to Memphis? It was mine too. Wow, we had a good time didn't we?!?
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 11:33 am

Can you remember who poured beer all over my balls yet?
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 6:46 pm

yeah, i guess that's the question right there.
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 8:42 pm

is this thread permintally at the top or am I missing somthing?
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 8:58 pm

yep.

it's good to be the king.
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 11:12 pm

hehe, i see
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 11:51 pm

Why is it so much to fly to Memphis at the moment? Like fucking $450 from either Portland or Seattle. That blows. I thought it was a hub!
Posted: Jul 22, 2005 11:57 pm

hubs suck... they keep competitors out.

this is admittedly a hassle, but if you fly into little rock, then take the Bettie Bus to memphis (2.5 hrs, 20 bucks?) it can be a LOT cheaper.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 12:25 am

Thanks for the tip Eric. I'll look into it.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 12:28 am

looks like a lotta outatown GONERS comin' in to town..great..hope to meet all y'all. September in Memphis is great,especially this year!
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 1:12 am

rocknrollnurse
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 1:39 am

Can you remember who poured beer all over my balls yet?
I think it was one of the guys from Fashion Fashion and the Image Boys
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 3:16 am

Fuck them then.

It's gonna cost be almost $1000 to get to your stupid town but I ain't complaining. I don't know what a hub is but fuck hubs!
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 3:22 am

I hurt my middle knuckle tonight. I don't know how. All I remember is being thrown out of a bar by big bouncers cos I fell on the floor and knocked a shit loada bottles over. So fuck hubs. What's a hub?
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 5:55 am

dude, theres a band from NOLA called LIFE IS BAD...THEY GOOD. louie
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 8:53 am

hurt my middle knuckle tonight. I don't know how. All I remember is being thrown out of a bar by big bouncers cos I fell on the floor and knocked a shit loada bottles over. So fuck hubs. What's a hub?

Thanks for calling muddy! Stay of those tubies. See you at band practice.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 12:18 pm

What's a tubie and what's a hub, please?
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 12:19 pm

I THINK THERE'S A BAND IN ENGLAND CALLED life is terrible...they sweet.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 12:40 pm

What's a tubie

The Tube.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 3:53 pm | Edited by: Al B Toklas 3

What's a tubie

Tubie
n.

1. pl. Tubies or Tubie. A short stocking reaching a point between the ankle and the knee that is often lost to the cable monster.
2. A severe mishap
3. A really severe mishap
1. The emergency situation called for a tubie even though I did not want to feed the cable monster.
2. Comic drama; comedy: “I fucking love to eat your tubies” (The Cable Monster).
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 6:10 pm

Wow, that's impressive. Lemme try this again. Errrrr, what's a booby?
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 6:14 pm

what's a booby?

A bee that makes milk?
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 6:49 pm

Yes, you're right. Hey, man, can I call you? I got some bizzness we gotta discuss.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 6:53 pm

I'll call you when I've eaten and done the dishes. Later, potater.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 6:55 pm

What do dishes taste like?
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 7:01 pm

Depends what's in the water. This evening they'll mostly be tasting like dog food and fish & chips with a hint of fivedayoldgrease.

Al, I can't decide on what shade of brown to don as Tokenbuster. I need your nonindecisive brain.
Posted: Jul 23, 2005 7:57 pm

any idea on ticket prices for the fest yet?
Posted: Jul 25, 2005 1:37 am | Edited by: muddy spear

edit
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 3:58 pm

three words

LIVE FAST DIE

or is it one word
LIVEFASTDIE
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 5:19 pm

Tickets will be 24 bucks for a 3 day pass, or 10 bucks a night. 5-6 bands per, plus bonuses. the all day Buccaneer fest/feast will be 5 bucks (less than $1 per band).

Tickets will be available online via the Hi Tone's ticket service.

More band news VERY SOON.
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 5:24 pm

We gotta catch up those crazy Dot Dash people in terms of "views". Still well under halfway. I like how this thread stays at the top even if nobody replies. How did Eric do that? Very sneaky.
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 5:36 pm

Is it gonna be a "will call" thing or whateveryoucallit?
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 7:27 pm

Tickets will be 24 bucks for a 3 day pass

OUTSTANDING and VERY generous!!
Thank you!!

Oh yeah, anyone know capacity? 300-ish?
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 7:31 pm

Not enough Scot Rogers. I don't see the Dutch Masters on the list, or how about the Cool Jerks. Your not going to do the thing everybody does where the same bands never play twice are you?
At the very least the Dutch Masters and the Final Solutions should be a requirement.
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 7:34 pm

At the very least the Dutch Masters and the Final Solutions should be a requirement

Yes. Yes, I concur.
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 7:37 pm

and howsabout a request for some "older" bands, like 68 comeback, impala, or the royal pendletons?
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 8:09 pm | Edited by: Whiskey Bent

Honestly, it would be down(diggety-dawg)right dastardly if the FS don't play...........but I'm guessing they will......or we can have 'em play after-hours in my hotel!! The Buc?

I know info is forthcoming....but...man...FS!!

Oh yeah...and I will be THRILLED to see Reatards after ALL the glowing reports I've heard/read!! And bring your fire-suites for Human Eye!!
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 8:20 pm

Scott is in Jenny Jeans, and is a secret addition to one of your favorites (maybe). You'll be seeing enough of him.

More groups will get in there...

here's one: JEFF EVANS & ROSS JOHNSON will be entertaining Friday Night at the Goner Store during the Photo Exhibit & Hot Dog Cookout!!!!
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 8:25 pm

oh, and 300 is a good capacity guess for the Hi Tone.
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 8:54 pm

JEFF EVANS & ROSS JOHNSON - best comedy duo since Reeves & Mortimer.
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 9:24 pm

indeed!

errr... i think!
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 10:50 pm

Woohoo, I'm officially going! $99 round trip on the greyhound from Milwaukee to Memphis! Hope to meet lots of you all!
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 10:59 pm

Save your 99 bucks and get a ride with someone.
Posted: Jul 26, 2005 11:12 pm

Eric, check out Reeves & Mortimer. Vic (aka Jim) Reeves (aka Moir) and Bob Mortimer. They're great! I'm pretty sure you'd like them. I can get hold of a dvd, if you like the read of 'em, and bring it with me. I should probably post a link but I gotta start a job tomorrow so I'm going to bed early. Fucking Gonerfest means I gotta earn some money.
Posted: Jul 27, 2005 2:54 am

I am taking off work during this time. If rides are needed from the Bus Station, I will taxi.
Posted: Jul 27, 2005 3:59 am

This thread is rigged!!!
Posted: Jul 27, 2005 10:46 am

You're rigged.
Posted: Jul 27, 2005 6:06 pm

yeah, I know about Jenny Jeans. Like them too, but c'mon, Dutch Masters!
Posted: Jul 27, 2005 7:59 pm

Got room for 2?
Posted: Jul 27, 2005 10:32 pm

Brad and I have room for two. E-mail us your # so we can hook this shit up. amber-brad@lsol.net
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 3:52 pm

How am I gonna get there if you have room for two? I gotta get a minivan or somethin...
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 4:26 pm

Duh, it's a station wagon. Three seats in back and a huge ass trunk. Didn't realize you were considering driving with us. Maybe we needs to get together and discuss this brother.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 5:02 pm

Actually another friend is going now, so we're gonna drive with him..thanks anyway. Where are you all staying? We'll be @ the motel 6.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 6:18 pm

any NOLA people driving up to Memphis? one small girl be needin a ride
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 6:49 pm

Duh, it's a station wagon. Three seats in back and a huge ass trunk. Didn't realize you were considering driving with us. Maybe we needs to get together and discuss this brother.

Well, we can take my sweet ass lookin' SUV down there. I will find some brothers to come down with us and split up gas and whatshit. I might have a new car by that time. Not sure, yet.
Posted: Jul 28, 2005 8:04 pm

Posted: Jul 29, 2005 3:55 am

DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT!

YOU'RE NOT A DOG! YOU'RE A MAN!!
Posted: Jul 29, 2005 5:19 pm

You're a You're Not A Dog You're A Man.
Posted: Jul 29, 2005 5:29 pm

I was wondering if i could hook up a ride to Memphis from Chicago w/ any folks going down? I will of course reimburse finacially for gas money,etc... I wanna make two trips outta my time off the Left Coast,and i don't wanna have to go to Arkansas to get to Memphis if i can help it!

Also,any help w/ getting a Joe Silverking One Man Gang show in the Windy City would be greatly appreciated. Looks like i'll be playing as JSKOMG at some point during the Fest,a second show would almost make it a tour! Thanks in advance.
Posted: Jul 30, 2005 6:41 pm

Duh, it's a station wagon. Three seats in back and a huge ass trunk.

station wagons have trunks now? WOW!
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 3:12 am

No takers for Chicago? It's because i wrote "Windy City" isn't it? I meant to write Trunk City, i swear! I couldn't edit after i wrote it! :P

Fuggit,i'm comin' into town anyway. I'll play in a parking lot!
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 1:18 pm | Edited by: Rev_Dan

Joe, if I was still livin' here in Shitcago, I'd say you could ride down with me, but seein' as I'm movin' back to Indianapolis in less than 2 weeks it kinda makes it difficult. You should come to Indy and hang out...

Oh and FYI, I'm gonna start bookin' shows in Indy and try to resurrect the scene there. Great turnouts for Saturday nights, but usually ain't shit goin' on on Fridays. So I think Friday nights are gonna be my nights. As for week nights in Indy, the crowds are very weak. So if tourin', then keep in mind Fridays and Saturdays are best for that city to bring in a crowd. Will keep you posted. If there are any bands goin' on tour within the next 3-4 months, please contact me about booking.
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 2:28 pm

sorry joe, i have no car.
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 3:01 pm

kermi, did you read my email about getting to Memphis?
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 3:05 pm

shit, i didn't respond did i. i'll do that now.
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 3:08 pm

Are you letting me down?
Posted: Aug 3, 2005 3:10 pm

Are you letting me down?

it's what i do.

but maybe not, check your mail.
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 1:55 am

Kermit,i hear ya on havin' no wheels.

RevDan,you are truly a masochist...truly. Have you considered moving to Gulfport,MS.? The Bathtub Crank is beautiful this time of year!

Guess i'll have "Walking to Memphis" completely written by the time i get to Electric Goneroo... based on a true story!
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 9:13 pm

all you gotta do is change one word from that song "Walking in Memphis" by that dude who sounded kinda like Michael McDonald
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 9:52 pm

Skot (& all others who are curious) - Don Howland Band = Don + 2 of the Labiators + a drummer. I believe they are calling themselves Burning Bush. I've heard demos.....it's good. And if they're playing on Saturday night I might make the trek down!
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 10:14 pm

I might make the trek down!

sue, i thought we eliminated ALL the hindrances to your coming down... or were you too drunk on mocha dacquoise cake to remember???

you're coming down, girl! yes you are (and we can share a hotel room, too)
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 11:05 pm

Okay, so me & a buddy of mine (hopefully he doesn't flake) are plannin' to come for Thu Sept.22, with our flight from Vancouver, BC arriving in Memphis @ around 8pm (one of the options anyway) ... how far is the airport to the Motel 6 or Red Roof then to the club?!? Don't wanna miss too much ...
Lookin' real forward to this!
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 11:48 pm

should take you about 15 minutes to get to the hotel, and about 10 minutes to the club from the hotel.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 3:41 am

Stay at Motel 6. I know where to go-go, this will be my third trip there and it's more fun in numbers...were all going to the same place and I ain't missin shit. Yo. Maybe even room in our 'mobile'.

C'mon I love meeting new people; that's what this shit is all a-boot.

Hippy moment over.
I'm excited!
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 3:47 am

P.S. I can't wait to see you Joe! Oh and thanks for the info secretsueper!
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 9:25 am

Pestilence - hit me with an email. I might be able to help you out a lil.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 2:43 pm

muddy, i think i'm going to fly memphis direct from chicago. the train and road trip sound like fun but i'll need to get back for work on monday and a one-way ticket from memphis to chicago is $470 while round trip is about half that. makes no sense at all.

anyway, don't let that slow you down getting from new york to here. i want to put you on that train with a big hangover.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 3:12 pm

I'll probably be in Chicago on the evening of September 19th. Possibly some other time on the 20th. I dunno what times the train runs yet. I may need that wonderful sofa bed of yours if it's going free...
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 3:23 pm

cool, i'll put the keys in the same place.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 3:52 pm

Maybe you should spice it up a bit and put them somewhere completely different. I'm all about solving puzzles. It's how I roll.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 4:26 pm

great, i'll hide my keys at the garfield park conservatory. i'll put them near the flowers, you won't be able to miss them.
Posted: Aug 5, 2005 4:33 pm

Excellent. Garfield and flowers are a great mix. Well done.
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 9:26 am

Not enough Scot Rogers.

I agree! There's not enough me. I'm down from 3 performances at the last Gonerfest (and I didn't even get an MVP award or nothin') to only two this time around. I think you all should just stay home and forget the whole thing.
Posted: Aug 7, 2005 6:55 am

/\
l
l
l Oliver Miller. Why no "Boston Chinks" or "Some one said Cum at your family reunion"
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 2:24 am

First I miss the Blackout 'cuz I'm on tour, now I'm gonna miss GonerFest 'cuz I'm on tour. Can somebody check with ME before they schedule this shit?
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 9:29 am

hey scott, what about the Roadmasters playing? that would make 3 bands for ya...well sheeyit, whada i care, i can't see any of it anyways...i'll be hangin with some Swedes.
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 8:25 pm

I believe the official Goner party line is that they prefer Ross Johnson to me, Jack, and Ron. So fuck 'em.
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 10:02 pm

Just a notice for any of the bands playing that frequent this thread, we have almost everything we need for really good multi-tracking at all venues and times. If you would like to record, please send me a breakdown of the current stage configuration (number of vox, guitars, keyboards, and if you plan on using speak n' spells, just put down the number of devices listed as "Surprise"). We're working with all the venues to make sure we are as out-of-the-way as possible, as this is really more about the show than the recording.
Send your list to master@thesonsabitches.com

Thanks!
Posted: Aug 8, 2005 11:33 pm

anyone wanna ride from nashville? i gotta bottle of scotch with a pheasant on it.
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 12:50 am

how many MI goner's are going?
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 5:09 pm

thanks scott. really appreciate that.
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 5:18 pm

rat traps are working out a super surprise cover song just for you eric!
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 5:41 pm

No problem, Bra! I just want the disappointed masses to realize it's not MY fault that I'm not playing more.
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 8:10 pm

Any ideas when the final line-ups will be posted and the tix will go on sale? 9/22 is coming soon and I don't wanna be left out in the cold, like I was for 2 of the 3 days of the '05 HozAc Blackout.
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 8:28 pm

anyone wanna ride from nashville? i gotta bottle of scotch with a pheasant on it.

I might need a ride....
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 8:53 pm

ryan, you gotta come!!
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 9:17 pm

Also gonerfest tickets DO NOT include the day show at the Buccaneer. That will be $5.00 at the door.
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 10:29 pm

joe p. do you still need a ride from chitown to memphis? i'll be going. also i should be able to set up a show for you if you are interested. contact me asap to discuss all details. rocketcraig@sbcglobal.net
Posted: Aug 9, 2005 10:38 pm

OFFICIAL GONER LINE UP AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

Webpage with more info, and online tickets available soon. As Scott said, GonerFest tickets do not include the day show at the Buc. Which will rock.
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 12:40 pm

can underagers get into hi tone?
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 5:11 pm

If they're hot girls.
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 8:41 pm

i think it's 18+, but when we were there on new years it was 21+. i had to beg to get jeffrey in.
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 9:16 pm

Posted: Aug 10, 2005 9:45 pm

and it's 18+!!!
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 11:25 pm

Thanks Eric O... See ya in Memphis.
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 9:51 am

tickets are up [i][/i]

Great, just ordered my weekend pass. Now just need to sort out a hotel.

Has anyone stayed at either Motel 6, Red Roof Inn or Hampton Inn before? Looks like it's a toss up between these three, just trying to avoid any shitty cock roach infested dive if at all possible.
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 3:33 pm

that motel 6 and red roof both have gotten good reviews, and they are closer and probably less expensive than the hampton, i think, which is downtown, right? Downtown action is probably a little nicer, though.
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 3:48 pm

Thanks for the info. The Hampton Inn I was looking at is the one on Union near the Medical Centre, about the same area as the other two. Probably a nicer hotel but twice the money.
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 4:52 pm

i'd like to be able to cut a deal with AMERICA"S BEST INN or whatever it is at union/mclean in the "towery" building... they can't be doing business, their signs suck... unless they're just housing federal agents running around busting corrupt memphis politicians.

will look into it.
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 5:32 pm

E., please keep us in the loop regarding the America's Busted location. I mentioned that place to someone yesterday. It'd be a no-brainer given the location. In fact, I can think of someone who stayed there when visting awhile back and if she had complaints I didn't hear 'em. Then again, it may still have been Ramada at that time. . .
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 7:47 pm

Yeah, how is America's Best? A review online said that it's infested with cockroaches. I don't know what to chose...America's Best is closest, but potentially roach infested...Red Roof Inn is not as close, but cheaper...and Motel 6 has king size beds....I don't know what to do. Any advice?
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 8:14 pm

I just got a room on Priceline.com for $30/night+taxes at Homestead Studio Suites Memphis Poplar. They claim it's a 2-star hotel, whatever that means.

According to Mapquest, It's kinda far from the Hi-Tone (9miles), but it's on the same street as the club, so it shouldn't be too hard to get back and forth.
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 9:44 pm

i used to stay at the king's court downtown by the greyhound station (on union maybe?) bikers in the pool drinkin budweiser. frequent police visits. sketchtastic and no place for a lady, but plenty of "flavor" for the more adventurous types.
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 9:55 pm

Red Roof is fine. I've stayed there.
Q- How far is the airport from, ...say the Goner store? Anyone wanna pick me up on Thursday?
Posted: Aug 11, 2005 10:11 pm

far away. I'm off on that Thusday, and can help with rides, somewhat.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 2:32 am

UPDATE!

Tokyo Electron and Demon's Claws have switched nights- TO to thurs, DC to sat.

Alert the masses!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 3:37 am

We can get you Matt... I have to pickup Sara too.
Aren't you staying with us?
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 6:10 am

Hugh, Poplar is a six-lane road that literally runs from the Mississippi River (which divides TN from AR) to Mississippi, about 30 miles of strip malls, gas stations, and blockbusters. You probably won't want to venture much further east than, say, the 1200 block. I think that hotel is due east, at Poplar & I-240 (anyone know for sure), which would be several miles of stoplights (and plenty of cops looking for drunk drivers) to navigate. might wanna try again!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 6:14 am

me again -- I had a friend who was in town writing a travel story get his hotel room broken into at America's Best, and the desk clerk called the cops on HIM for complaining, which made us think it was an inside job?

and there IS a hampton inn on union in the med school, but it's a waste of money. old and shabby, the red roof and motel 6 are much better!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 6:19 am

the red roof and motel 6 are much better!

i never in my life thought i'd ever read such a thing! its kind of bizarrely delightful and time-warpish.

i reserved at the motel 6.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 8:40 am

Crap! I thought it'd be worth spending a bit more for Hampton Inn, now I'm not so sure. Looks like I'll just flip a coin between Red Roof and Motel 6. America's Best gets really shitty write ups on tripadvisor.com which is a shame as it's the best positioned for everything that's happening.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 2:43 pm

joe p, if you still need a ride from chicago i can help ya out. looks like me and genetically stupid will be coming from kalamazoo. email me, 64wildcat@gmail.com
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 6:48 pm

Hugh, Poplar is a six-lane road that literally runs from the Mississippi River (which divides TN from AR) to Mississippi, about 30 miles of strip malls, gas stations, and blockbusters. You probably won't want to venture much further east than, say, the 1200 block. I think that hotel is due east, at Poplar & I-240 (anyone know for sure), which would be several miles of stoplights (and plenty of cops looking for drunk drivers) to navigate. might wanna try again!
I'm pretty sure that this hotel is due east of the Hi-Tone, too. I'm almost positive I stayed at the same place the last time I was in Memphis in Dec. '03. Not a bad place, really. The room had a full kitchen in it.

Lucky for me, I'm not too much of a drinker by the standards of this board, so I should be okay to drive. So, if anyone else decides to stay there and they get too messed up to drive, I may be able to function as a designated driver. Just don't puke in my rental car.

I got the room through Priceline, so it had to be paid for in advance- so, there's nothing I can do about it now, anyway.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 8:54 pm

Lucky for me, I'm not too much of a drinker by the standards of this board, so I should be okay to drive

hugh was the winner of the 2002 Budget Rock Showcase hot dog eating contest however, so watch out.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 9:55 pm

Mudz,rocketcraig,JR,thanks for the hep! I haven't been on this thing in days so i hope the offers still stand! Maybe we can pool all our resources together and have a great big convoy across the USA... CONVOYYYY!!!!!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:00 pm

RC, i will also be in touch about a show,but at this point it looks like i'll be rockin' the Amtrak to Chicago unless i can get a cheap plane ticket w/out a credit card... i'm off the grid,maan!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:06 pm

unless i can get a cheap plane ticket w/out a credit card

two words: travel agent
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:22 pm

Travel Agent? Dude, they'll hella wicked mass charge an arm and a leg for their services! Still,i guess it couldn't hurt,until they extract the arm and leg that is-- OUCH!!!!
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:30 pm

travel agents don't charge the traveler! they get paid from the airlines or hotels or whatever it is that they book for you. they hate booking cheap fares but they do it. and they take cash.

joe p.-- i don't know where you live, but here in NYC, there are TONS of cheap travel agent places - discounted airfare/trainfare places - and they specialize in serving students and 3rd world country people who need to go back and forth to their far flung home lands.... ridiculous cheap.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:39 pm

Hey Joe... I looked online for a plane ticket to LA a few years ago, found the cheapest one, then called an agent and said, "listen, I found this one online for $300, can you find one any cheaper?". They found the exact same rate on the same flight and I just booked it through them and paid in cash. It's all about telling them what you're willing to spend, though, and make it seem like you'll just buy online if you can't find anything better through them. They'd rather book it for you and make the commission they get from the airline than turn you away by being too greedy.

I know someone who works as an agent, and all they do when you call them (if you haven't researched rates on your own) is look it up in a similar way on the web and add whatever commission they see fit/they think you'll pay. It's weird.
Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:40 pm

The agent I called was one of those discount/student type ones that Theresa mentioned, but it was a canadian chain so it won't help you.
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®