Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / DIY Dance show using Soft-sculptures seeking show
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi Memphis DIY community,
My name is Gene and I'm working on organizing a tour of a show "Force Fields", the performance deals with themes of human isolation from our natural and emotional environments. The two of us perform dance using wearable fabric sculptures transformed with movement and sound. We're seeking a lowkey for a space (house show, info shop, zine library, bar, gallery or basement) to perform in Memphis on Sunday, February 24th. We'll be on tour from Pittsburgh, PA. Here is a link to an except from a previous work we created together. https://hannahgthompson.com/portfolio/apart-from-me/
More about "Force Fields": "Force Fields" is a collaborative dance performance created and produced by artist Ru Emmons and H. Gene Thompson. The duo uses movement and wearable sculptures to perform transformations and protection routines seeking ways to unstick themselves from capitalism in a physical and energetic way. Using imagery of portals and transformations, they explore the human experience of capitalism and work through a narrative where there is a reclamation of personal power through energetic protection.
We are also excited to offer community workshops for performers and sculptors to share our process and have an opportunity to create with people seeking connection and learning. If you could imagine either a performance or workshop happening somewhere in your space, or elsewhere in town please let me know, or if you were able to put me in touch with someone you could imagine would be be interested that would be amazing!

Really hope to get to be in Memphis and get to meet some people from the wonderful communities I've heard live in Memphis. I've spent lots of time in TN, but this will be my first time in Memphis. Please reach out if you think of any ideas! Thanks so much
forcefieldsprotection@gmail.com

Open to collaboration!

-Gene
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®