Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Upcoming Shows For Goners Everywhere / DEVO - Columbus 6/16, Pittsburgh 6/17
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 10:55 pm

I repeat --- DEVO - Columbus 6/16, Pittsburgh 6/17
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 10:37 am

I got tickets for the Columbus show.
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 2:17 pm

to whom it may concern - if you are considering not going, reconsider. saw them last summer in milwaukee and it was maybe the best show i saw all year. totally obliterated my expectations.
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 8:38 am

to whom it may concern - if you are considering not going, reconsider. saw them last summer in milwaukee and it was maybe the best show i saw all year. totally obliterated my expectations.

Lula and I saw them last year at the Ohio State fair and it was the exact same story. So great. And we didn't know until it was too late that the fair is DRY now! Normally, that would throw a damper on the show but I don't think there was one person that walked out of that show that wasn't grinning ear to ear. So glad they're coming back!!
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 9:17 am

i didn't go see them at the state fair because it seemed so wrong to see devo there. isn't that for, like, kenny loggins & asia?

so, thrilled they're coming back.
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 10:47 am

i didn't go see them at the state fair because it seemed so wrong to see devo there. isn't that for, like, kenny loggins & asia?

Shows at the fair are great!! Or at least they were when they still sold beer... I've also seen Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson at the fair it's always been a good time. Good sound, fair food and ridiculous people watching. I will just come prepared next time!
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 11:24 am

definitely the best show of last year, for me.

Willie Nelson was amazing at the fair!
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 12:18 pm

DEVO --- shattering expectations since 1976!

FREE SPUD BOY
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 5:18 pm

I second this, Kevin! It may have been the greatest live performance I've ever seen. If anyone has the opportunity to see DEVO anytime soon, take it! They are amazing and play with more energy and intensity than dudes/ladies a third of their ages.
Posted: May 22, 2011 1:43 am

Columbus here we come
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 2:34 pm

So, what did everyone else think? This show was the EXACT show I saw last year except not as tight and with a lot less energy. Most of the same banter and everything. To be fair, that venue blows though... Just wondering what other people thought.
Posted: Jun 20, 2011 2:33 pm

i loved it. better than expected. this was the first time i saw them so anything recycled from last year didn't apply to me.

was very, very happy the rain stayed away, especially since it was hailing a few hours before show time.

but 30 bucks for a tour shirt? that's un-devo like. or so i would argue.

i also like the LC (venue) OK for certain bands. but i would have rather seen devo indoors. not a biggie, though.
Posted: Jun 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Yeah, I figured. The last time was so "magical", I thought it may be my wild expectations.
Posted: Dec 16, 2012 8:35 pm

I got tickets for the Columbus show.

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®